All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:33 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/11/smash ... bruary-10/

Quote:
At a media summit this morning in San Francisco, Nintendo of America's George Harrison (via MTV Multiplayer) has confirmed that the US version of Smash Bros. Brawl will follow in its Japanese brethren's footsteps and be delayed until February 10, 2008.

The loss of this future bestseller during the holiday season will definitely sadden some fans (and Nintendo's profit margin), but then again Mario Galaxy is also coming in November (so far as we know) and it was always uncharacteristic of Nintendo to space AAA-title releases so close together.

No word yet on a delay for PAL territories, though we suspect a similar fate.

Booooooooooooo

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:44 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

It sucks having to wait, but I think it will be worth it.

This game looks like a friggin' blast. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:46 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I bet it was that darn Sonic the Hedgehog that caused the game to be delayed.
Why can't he slow down and be a nice boy like Mario?

SEGA!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:55 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Fuck it, I'm selling my Wii.

Things like this just prove to me nintendo didn't wait long enough to release the system.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:14 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Vanamar wrote:
Fuck it, I'm selling my Wii.

Things like this just prove to me nintendo didn't wait long enough to release the system.

I know someone who wants to buy one, may I give her your e-mail address or were you going to try to sell it locally?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:23 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
I'll still get a Wii someday, but I agree with Vana. This is yet another example of Nintendo releasing a console, relying on 1 title to sell it at release (Zelda), and not having a decent backup plan if other promised projects get delayed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:30 PM 

Quote:
I know someone who wants to buy one, may I give her your e-mail address or were you going to try to sell it locally?

I already have a buyer locally. Thanks though!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:50 PM 
Do you smell that?

That means he's not actually gonna sell it. He is merely entering the world of closet nintendo fanboys. Amirite Vanamar?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:02 PM 

Nope, I just delivered it, sir. $250 richer, even for a used wii!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:19 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah, and like the 360 and PS3 don't have delays :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:29 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
The new Mario game comes out by the end of next month. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:49 PM 

great, another platformer.

While the Wii is a revolutionary console, it just doesn't have any revolutionary games for the blasted thing. Nintendo pushed the hardware out the door before the library was ready, much the same as Sony did for the PS3.

And while the 360 and PS3 do have game delays, which one is usually the culprit? Oh yeah, titles that come out for both and the developer finds out the PS3 is a bitch to code for (I'm looking at you, GTA4!)

SSBB was going to be the game that decided whether or not I kept my Wii. Now that it's been pushed back until February, I'm glad to be rid of the Wii, especially since they're becoming more and more commonly found in retail locations (around here, at least). Then I can go to a friends house, play SSBB, and determine if I want to rebuy the console.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:07 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

lol, and people wonder why Nintendo pisses me off on a regular basis. At least they don't try to fuck themselves over as bad as Sony has so far this generation, but I'll be damned if they aren't trying to catch up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:33 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Nintendo always pisses people off. They just work in mysterious ways that always seem to go against what the consumer wants. Like fucking friend codes! Grrr.

But yeah, it is pretty lame that Smash was delayed, really leaves the console with 3 games that are worth playing, Zelda, Metroid, and Mario. Oh yeah, and absolutely no worthy online games, heh. I really can see why people would get desperate. I'm glad I don't have enough time to play games, WoW, the DS, and the Wii seem about enough for now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:20 PM 
Bridge Dweller

LOL.

Man, SSBB isn't even going to be a great game and definitely won't live up to the hype anymore. I wasn't gonna buy it but I know the drones of fanboys will be angered fiercely.

Wii sucks right now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:08 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
Ha ha ha.

I remember a year ago, the OMG WII IS TEH GREATEST EVAH11!!!!1! posts that many thousands of people posted on various message boards across the internet. And now... last week, our store had Wii's in stock for an entire week. The longest they have ever been available to the consumer. The demand is going down somewhat, and those who have Wii are sick and tired of Bowling.

I said it was a fad, and a trend... maybe I am right??

Then again, Wii was never aimed for gamers... seemed like it was aimed for children and non-gamer women. I guess that demographic is the best at fads (especially children).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:15 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

When their first party titles come out they'll be in good shape, whether or not they have 3rd party developers on board that can actually deliver is the real question, well along with how long it will take them to crank out the first party titles.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:36 AM 
What does this button do?

cicely wrote:
last week, our store had Wii's in stock for an entire week. The longest they have ever been available to the consumer. The demand is going down somewhat, and those who have Wii are sick and tired of Bowling.

A week is the longest they have ever been available to the consumer? That's pretty amazing then wouldn't you say when you compare it to how long you've probably had Xbox360 and PS3 on the shelves and that it's coming up on a year from its release. Every system has delays, GTA4 anyone? SPORE ANYONE?! I love almost all mario games and I pretty much bought the system for the first party titles alone. For 250 Bucks I can't complain I believe with all the laughs i've had with my friends playing Raymen Rabbid Rabbits it's been worth it. The only system I don't feel justified in right now and it makes me feel bad for buying is my PS3, but that looks to change when I import over a Dualshock 3 and Ratchet and Clank/DMC4/Metal Gear =). The reason we see more delays these days is because the video game industry is a lot bigger and the marketing teams force out a date from the developers mouth so they can go tell gaystop to start preordering.

I did used to think the Wii was a terrible system with just party games with pants on head retarded mini games up the ass but after Metroid Prime 3 and Zelda, i'd say it was worth it 250 is nothing for gaming, shit video cards alone cost more.

Edit - Oh yeah can't forget Mario Strikers Charged, I LOVE that game!

Last edited by MedijinKazama on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:41 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:40 AM 
I schooled the old school.

Medijin beat me to it.... if the Wii is only in stock for a week nearly a *year* after release, that's pretty damn amazing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:06 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

That entirely depends on the supply, if they've only been getting 2-3 a week then it's no big suprise it's taken this long before most people that wanted one had one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:53 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

You still don't get it. It doesn't matter if they only get 2 or 3 a week, if demand is still up, it's going to get bought out. I'm assuming the demand for Wii is still high if it's not stocked constantly on the shelves. Shit, stores probably only get 2 or 3 Playstation 3s a week, and that thing has been in stores CONSTANTLY available since like 2 months after release. I doubt stores get more than a few XBox 360s a week also. So here's a query for you: If you walked randomly into a store, which system do you think you would least likely be able to find available on the shelves? Wii? XBox 360? Playstation 3? Which would you think you would be most likely to find? Does the answer correlate to your sense of which system is in demand and which is not?

I still find it amazing that the most pre-hyped system would probably have to be the PS3, and that has performed the most poorly, while the least-hyped system (as far as system specs and power) is the Wii, and that has had the most demand and sell-through. Whose stock would you rather be owning atm? Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony? You should already know the answer by now, but if you are wondering, go track them since a year ago.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:38 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Yeah, this friend I met at the Nintendo forums (RIP Nsider ;(), super Nintendo fanboy, started to buy Nintendo stock a few years back and we sort of laughed at how far his fanboyism went. Turns out a few weeks back he was telling us about how much more the stock is worth now compared to when he started buying it. Sort of wish I had done the same, hehe. Forgot the details but it was quite a bit.

Anyway, having Wiis available a few days after they get to the store is not good! I've been telling people they should stock a few Wiis now to re-sell them on ebay around Christmas for a big profit! :|

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:39 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

When did supply magically stop mattering?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:57 PM 

It's always all or nothing for you, isn't it....

First you say it depends "entirely" on supply, and now you imply that we are saying supply is completely irrelevant. Is it possible to you that it could be somewhere in the middle, or must everything be one of two extremes?

Also-- is it your implication that Nintendo has sold only a few Wii's, and are deliberately holding back supply to make it look like more? If not, what exactly is your point? My point remains the same... if a year after release they are still out of Wii's after just a week on the shelves, that's impressive. Whether they get 2 Wii's a week to stock or 100, it's impressive that it's continuing to sell that quickly.

And since you won't apparently grant that, we'll just go with hard numbers.

http://www.vgchartz.com/?w=6

12 million Wii's sold since launch-- that's over 1 million per month. Let's compare to the others. XBox 360? Released in Novembers of 2005-- 11.64 million units, or about half a million per month. PS3? 4.92 million sold since release about a year ago, or roughly a fifth of a million per month.

Are you happy now? Regardless of the perceived quality of any of the big three systems, the Wii is blowing the other systems out of the water in sales. I don't give a shit what the "supply" of Wii's to that store may be-- theya re the best selling console, and there is still pent up demand out there that is obvious when you consider the units can apparently only sit on the shelves of a store for a week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:23 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Congrats, you get an A+ at reading into shit that isn't there.

Go take a fucking english class and learn to read what is there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:08 PM 

I think this is where I post, "dotdotdot"

Come into IRC and duke it out there! :p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:21 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
I am still enjoying my Wii.. I play it once a week or so.. maybe more if I get a new game for it.

It's my first console, and i'll prolly get a 360 as it appeals to me as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:34 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
While I agree that the targeted demographic makes the console a smashing success, you have to keep in mind that it is just that and only that that is keeping the big N on top at the moment.

It is only a matter of time before even children and casual players get tired of the 30,000 games that make up the majority of the Wii's current library that are fitness and sports titles and begin to ask for something more. And while they are flying off the shelf as fast as they are stocked, the console seems to enjoy a similar fate with people becoming bored with them just as quickly with statements like "I play it once a week or so to kill some time."

Or in other words, millions of children crying to their parents because they do not own this console and their friends do is a horrible means to judge its success and ignore its shortcomings. Granted it is a perfect console for those that do not have a large amount of time to invest in longer games because it gives you a quick fix, and there is nothing wrong with that. But making it the focus of your console, when it is easy to play both sides of the field is a mistake in the long run.

EDIT

I would like to address this.

Quote:
12 million Wii's sold since launch-- that's over 1 million per month. Let's compare to the others. XBox 360? Released in Novembers of 2005-- 11.64 million units, or about half a million per month. PS3? 4.92 million sold since release about a year ago, or roughly a fifth of a million per month.

While those numbers do favor Nintendo, there is a lot of information that is left out, and most of those point to "why".

To note, I will not include the PS3 because it fails on all points to be honest.

First, we all know the difference in the pricepoints. Naturally parents would be overjoyed if their children asked for a Wii over the other two, because it serves two purposes. One, they get to please their children by getting it. Two, they get to please their children by investing on average of two hundred dollars less. It makes the console an obvious choice for an inpulse buy.

Second, it fails to show just how exactly important titles are when it comes to selling consoles. Nintendo has very little to offer in the way of innovative gaming, despite the fact it boasts just that. Even its flagship titles are on par or even below previous entries. Metroid Prime 3? Hardly innovative. Just because I can swing my hands around to simulate aiming an arm cannon does not make it any more innovative than using a thumb stick to aim with a reticle. The tedium of the previous two titles still remain, with the constant scanning and door opening, only this time instead of swinging my arms in frustration, I can swing them in frustration and maybe by some act of God or simple luck, imput the proper hand motion to drop some blocks on Ridley and Kraid so I can get to the next set of door switches.

To be completely fair, we have yet to see SMB:Galaxy and SSB:Brawl, but I expect similar feelings at this point, as Galaxy will have to live and stand next to Mario 64, and Brawl has been anticipated for so long that interest might be dwindling which would obviously make people more critical of the game.

Now in the 360 camp, when you can get a console that works which I will admit is a HUGE selling point for Nintendo and rightfully so, when they have a smash hit everyone knows it. And again it is the 3rd party that supports them. The library is massive, and not just chock full of shit either. The future library is cause to get even more excited. And these are mainly 3rd party supplied. Big N seems to live from house release to house release, again living off the Mario Welfare program.

I would write more right now, but it's time for class. =(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:15 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Then you've got the Japanese sales numbers, which is the only region where the Wii is surpassing the 360(which is the only other viable console right now). They never really liked the Xbox to begin with, and the 360 still has decent sales numbers there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:18 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Quote:
Then you've got the Japanese sales numbers, which is the only region where the Wii is surpassing the 360

Riiight.

Quote:
Thanks to the impact of the blockbuster Halo 3, the Xbox 360 was the top seller for September, barely beating out the Nintendo Wii.

NPD said that Microsoft sold almost 530,000 consoles for the month, up an astonishing 91 percent from August. Halo, for its part, sold 3.3 million copies for the month.

"True to its name, the game rubbed off on hardware sales too--the Xbox 360 realized its best month ever in unit hardware sales outside last holiday season," NPD analyst Anita Frazier said in a statement.

The Wii however, also showed surprising results. Sales rose 24 percent from August for a total of 500,000 sold. The number is also the new all-time high for US Wii sales in a month.

The PlayStation 3 continued to lag behind, falling 10 percent from August to hit only 119,000 units sold. Sony reps cited new price cuts and said the sales would rebound for the holiday season

This is with Halo 3 helping their numbers. Do you want me to get the numbers before Halo 3 was release? The Wii was outselling all major console systems before Halo 3 shipped out (360 was in second place). You might want to check your numbers before saying the 360 is selling more than the Wii in the states.

Also, Nintendo is in first place in the market place. They have sold more Nintendo Wii's than MS has sold 360's in two years (Worldwide). A slap in the face if you ask me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:57 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Look at the link that was posted earlier.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:04 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

eh, i powered up my 360 once in the span of a year, i've used my wii twice so far so that makes the wii the winner.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:07 AM 

What link, Dark? The one I posted?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:21 AM 

Quote:
Also, Nintendo is in first place in the market place. They have sold more Nintendo Wii's than MS has sold 360's in two years (Worldwide). A slap in the face if you ask me.

How many were just sold to try to make a profit on the ebays?

The hard data that's missing is how many people bought a wii, and how many people are letting it gather dust while they wait on worthwhile titles?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:55 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Just curious, of all the people whose Wiis are gathering dust, what games have you bought and played? I know we all have different tastes and all, but there are enough games to allow you to play the Wii more than two times. Is the library comparable to the 360 library? Well, not even close. But the current library isn't as bad as some of you make it out to be.

Then again, Nintendo consoles stopped being the "main" gaming console since the n64 came out, and the Wii is no exception. You'll always miss out on good games unless you own a second console or a PC.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:57 AM 

hm, lessee...

Red Steel, Elebits, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Party 8, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Mario Strikers, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Cooking With Mama, Carnival Games are among the titles I've played.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:02 AM 

Actually, the Wii exclusive game library is horrible, except for the additional libraries of previous consoles.

They have the most innovative console, without the innovation.

Even tho the games are cheaper, I feel there is more of a risk in purchasing them because I am more likely to be let down. I have rented tons and often taken them back before they were due in.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:16 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

I'm waiting for brawl - that is the only reason I have a wii, it's the only reason i own a gamecube. tekken tag was the only reason I bought a ps2. Tekken 5:dr is the only reason I bought a ps3. I do like disgaea and other nippon ichi games though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:49 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Ah, I see where you are coming from Van. Unfortunately they don't seem don't to stop making mini-games games. Which is one of the sucky things about the Wii right now.

I've only played Zelda, Metroid, Rayman, and Wario Ware as well as some VC games that I never owned due to never having a SNES (stupid brother wanted a Genesis, grrr!). Still working on Metroid now, and planning to buy Paper Mario afterwards. Which is why my initial reaction was, "what do they mean they've only played it a few times?!" Since I've been playing it from the day it came out pretty much.

Quote:
They have the most innovative console, without the innovation.

I agree with that, and it is a shame. I personally do enjoy most of the first party games, I find them fun. But, not even Nintendo is doing anything different gameplay wise. It is fun to shoot and do things with the remote rather than with joysticks, but the games are not much different from the ones that came out on previous consoles. Who knows, maybe next year the Wii will follow the DS steps and come out with better games.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:06 PM 

Shrug, Paper Mario was good for the first five or six worlds, then completely lost it for me. I never bothered finishing it.

Honestly, Elebits is probably my favorite title, perhaps second only to metroid prime 3, but that was far too easy.

Granted, my work schedule grants me copious free time (3x12hr days with 4 days off a week), so I tend to power through games, but I'd appreciate some replay value, heh. The mini-game games are also fun, but only if people come over (carnival games is the shit for a player)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:10 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
yeah nintendo screwed the pooch on sustaining the wii past the first six months of wii sports equals lol

i bought a 360

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:36 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Quote:
How many were just sold to try to make a profit on the ebays?

That doesn't make sense. If you sold a Wii on E-bay, that means someone bought a Wii. It's still sold, whether from Best Buy or Ebay. If you want to not include the numbers from Ebay, then the ones you need to include are the ones that have not sold.....in other words, the idiots who bought Wii's thinking to turn a profit, put it on Ebay, and it's still sitting there. Is that number big? small? I dunno. I do know if you spend $2,000 for a PS3 on Ebay, you were probably feeling pretty stupid like a month later.

Quote:
The hard data that's missing is how many people bought a wii, and how many people are letting it gather dust while they wait on worthwhile titles?

I think a work-around to this question would be how many of a certain title gets bought, or how many games/console a person owns. For example (making up numbers here) if there are 10,000,000 Wii's out there, and Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out and sells 8,000,000 copies.....then it would seem only 2 million Wii owners are letting there system collect "dust", if only for the SSBB release.

The games/console method would be if (again making up numbers here), for example, the ratio of games owned/console is like 3.0 for Wii (meaning for every Wii out there, the average owner has bought 3 games) vs like 5.5 for XBox 360 (meaning for every XBox 360 out there, the average owner has bought 5.5 games). I'm sure this kind of data is out there if someone can find it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:07 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

I loved madden on my wii, I was just pissed that NCAA wasn't released for the wii so I bought a 360. Now I will probably stay with the 360 platform for football titles.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:25 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

We own a wii, got it last year for xmas.

Now being a parent- wii was bout as high a price tag I would go, luckily for me, the grandparents bought it instead. So I agree about the parents buying it to appease the child and save a buck.

My kids also have a ps2, gamecube, and an xbox - they play all types of games. I would say they have on and offs with the wii. Like someone said before, it depends on the game.

We have these for the wii:
wii sports
wii play
mario party 8
rayman
zelda
chicken shoot
sonic
redsteel
dragonball z
warioware
Carnival games
TMNT
spongebob

The sports, play, party8, and carnival games have made people who I have never seen play a video game, play! My parents play it with the boys when they come over. My friends play it. It's great fun when 4 adults spend a night in and play it for hours. (then complain about arm soreness the next day at work, lol)

Some games I look at and will never play, redsteel, dragonballz, zelda- but my kids love them. Zelda is played a ton as is rayman.

Now carnival, tmnt, and spongebob are new, we had a double bday party last week and those were new- besides carnival, i cant comment on em, but stuff like chicken shoot and warioware- I really should of rented first. I was considering boogie for xmas, but after the tarot review... prob not, lol.

I think the wii is wonderful in creating a bond between adults and kids. It gives the kids a game they will play (like bowling) and at the same time, mom and dad will bowl too. They are interacting- not passing them a game and not knowing what they are doing. I watched my aunt play the Wii with my boys- cause she likes playing the games at the amusement parks. This lady never played a console game before, it was easy enough for her to understand and do. (shes in her 60's) Thats huge for a game to do!

Now had I bought them a ps3 or xbox360- I probably wouldn't of played either. The only game I really hear my kids talking about is halo3. (and the lovely new thing of teabagging the dead characters- we won't go into the conversation I had to have about that one)

So for us, the wii was the right choice- 13, 10, 8 yr old boys have fun boxing each other down.
They are bummed about the ssbb delay(they have moeny already saved for it), but excited about galaxy coming out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:33 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Lol, teabagging. Ah, man. I miss the good old days.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:16 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Anyone read the Smash Brothers website for daily updates? This just came out:

Quote:
You can create your own stages this time?! No way. REALLY?! With a feature like that, won’t I be able to play this game forever?!

Apparently it’s true...!!!

Those who enjoy a little effort may be able to enjoy this stage builder for the rest of their lives.

First, start from the initialize setting.

You start by choosing the size of the stage, the background pattern, and the music that will play. Oops! Sorry. For music, you’ll only be able to choose from the songs you have available.

This is the edit screen!

Basically, you choose parts from the palette on the side and place them in the field.

The controls vary by controller, but each one can do the following:

* Flip parts left to right
* Enlarge or shrink parts
* Zoom in or out on the screen
* Swap palettes
* Erase

...Among other things.

Just place terrain however you like. Chuckity-chuckity-CHUCK!

Then try it out!

Modify it and try it... Repeat as necessary. Make your own ideal stage!

Mmm... That’s amazing.

And you can save a name and a comment for the stage.

You can change the music on the save screen. Choose something that matches the mood of your stage.

And I’m happy that this is compatible with SD cards. You don’t have to worry about size, so make as many stages as you like.

Also, if you’ve finished registering someone as both a Wii Friend and a Smash friend, you’ll be able to send custom stages to each other.

Now, for those who hate putting effort into such things, we’ve also prepared something you can enjoy as well.

That’s right! You can use your Wi-Fi connection to send stages you’ve made to Nintendo! (However, you can’t submit repeatedly. Maybe just once per day?)

And a stage selected from the entire daily collection will be sent from Nintendo to your Wii. A stage made by someone else will come to you over the Internet once per day!

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN! That’s the shocking truth. This means you’ll be able to experience a new stage every day—the flavor of the day, if you will. However, the plan is for that stage to vanish once one day has passed. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime encounter.

You can submit in both the Snapshots mode and the Stage Builder mode, allowing everyone to enjoy the creations of others. The fun of sharing is one of the ways that I wanted to take advantage of Wi-Fi for something other than pure battling.

This is our ideal current plan. We still don’t know the exact service period. And future tuning may result in changes to the spec.

But for now, please look forward to it!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:15 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Quote:
This means you’ll be able to experience a new stage every day—the flavor of the day, if you will. However, the plan is for that stage to vanish once one day has passed. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime encounter.

Can you save it if you liked it though?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:16 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Man this game...everyday it's got more and more shit in it.

I realize they are trying to revolutionize the fighting genre and move forward from melee but come on, just release the game. It was ready for launch 2 months ago, but hey, let's put Sonic the fucking Hedgehog in there and a 20000 people tournament mode, and flying pies, and a stage builder, needs more Jigglypuff, let's find the most obscure NES character ever and give it a cameo, also Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan, throw in Pepsi advertisements for increased revenue, unlockable bondage gear for "Mr. Gay" Mario, power-ups that make the opponents screen pixelated...

Jesus fucking christ.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:17 PM 

That all makes the game sound better! I know you were trying to complain, but all it did is make me want it more :p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:25 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Of course it does! That's how they get you. SSBB is a figment of your imagination. It's never going to be released. It's just a hype machine to get you to hold on to your Wii and stroke it every day just in case SSBB comes out.

Yes I went there.

Also, I know it's coming out in a while just all this incoming news about NEW FEATURES gives me premonitions of "delayed release". Give the developers some Enzyte so they can premature release SSBB all over my face please I need it Japanese bukkake style :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:00 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Nananea wrote:
Of course it does! That's how they get you. SSBB is a figment of your imagination. It's never going to be released. It's just a hype machine to get you to hold on to your Wii and stroke it every day just in case SSBB comes out.

Yes I went there.

Also, I know it's coming out in a while just all this incoming news about NEW FEATURES gives me premonitions of "delayed release". Give the developers some Enzyte so they can premature release SSBB all over my face please I need it Japanese bukkake style :(

I LOVE MY WII!!!!

I do. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:12 PM 

I bought Zack and Wiki for the Wii, it's so freaking awesome I highly recommend it, please check it out anyway possible.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:32 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I want that game! But this month three games are coming out, the one you mentioned, Batallion wars with online play, and Super Mario Galaxy! AAAH! The choices the choices.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:56 AM 

Zack and Wiki is already out, I played it for a while last night and like it a lot. I also plan on getting Super Mario Galaxy though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:42 AM 

Quote:
This means you’ll be able to experience a new stage every day—the flavor of the day, if you will. However, the plan is for that stage to vanish once one day has passed. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime encounter.

That is the dumbest fucking shit feature I have ever read about a video game, topping Final Fantasy XI and PlayOnlines deletion of accounts after 3 months.

What is the point? Why should I not be able to save stages I recieve if I like them?

Flavor of the month, just like their console.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:21 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Givin, I guess it has something to do with this:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... tory=15986

Quote:
A lot of the games for WiiWare that have been submitted so far are smaller in size, so they're not gonna take up a ton of your drive. But the way that we look at it is, we really don't want people storing every single game they buy on their drive. When you buy a game, it's yours forever, so you can delete it, and go back and get it at any time you want. In a way, we liken it to putting music on your iPod; you listen to it for a while, and then you get tired of it, and you pull it off, and you put some new stuff on.

That's the reason for them not adding a HD, because apparently it's much more fun to re-download games and delete them! Instead of just having a huge library. *rolseyes*

Which spawned a big rant on my journal. It angers me when they respond like that, because it is dumb as shit and makes no sense. But meh, whatever it's Nintendo they are bitches like that, I like the Wii and their games so I keep giving them my money, and the only way to make a point would be to not buy their shit.

Edit: added some stuff

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:43 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Stupid. User generated content is cool but to make it so that it disappears and it's forced on you is retarded.

I can't wait to get some awesome games for the Wii. Super Mario Galaxy should kick ass!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:11 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Well, I can still send you my designs and you can keep them. The only ones that don't stay saved apparently are the ones were selected by Nintendo and fed to the players.

If someone becomes famous for making good stages you can still save their stuff. Assuming of course that he wants to add you to his friend list. :P

I mean it still sucks, but it's not like you can't save other people's stuff, you just have to know them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:21 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

surprise surprise, delayed again until early march.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:58 PM 
Do you smell that?

Yeah, I sold my Wii before christmas when the prices went up again.

Offline Profile