It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:20 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:02 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

IGN.COM has their review up for the game. 9.5 and had this to say.
Quote:
Closing Comments
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption was originally set to launch with Wii, but the year-long delay has been very much worth the wait. Call it a first- person shooter or a first-person adventure -- doesn't matter. I call it the best game on Nintendo's console. It is clear from the moment you pick up the controller that Prime 3 was developed exclusively for Wii. Not only do the new controls respond quicker and with more precision than any dual-analog-helmed FPS ever created, but the gesture system works brilliantly, too. Meanwhile, the title delivers everything a Metroid fan could hope for, including spectacular environmental puzzles, epic boss fights and intense combat, all wrapped up in a package that spans multiple worlds and is filled with re-traversal exploration. A cinematic storyline made possible by beautiful art and graphics rounds out the experience, which is complemented by a medal system and WiiConnect24 compatibility.

There are a couple of minor quibbles that keep Prime 3 from a higher score. The first and most obvious is that the game is a sequel and thus inherently feels familiar. While Corruption features more variety than any of its predecessors, it's not the design revolution that the original game was. Also, as you explore the world, you will occasionally encounter doorways that take longer than they should to open, as they are loading the next area. Thankfully, this is a rare occurrence, but it does occur. And finally, while the majority of the 20-hour experience flows, there's one fetch quest that interrupts the pace.

We rated the original Metroid Prime a 9.8 on GameCube and had Corruption been the first game in the series it'd have been worthy of the same score. As it stands, Samus Aran's latest adventure is a spectacular must-own experience and one of Wii's defining games. Stop reading and buy it.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/815/815424p1.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:50 AM 
Bridge Dweller

I watched some of the videos on the Wii for the preview and it looked pretty bad. The enemy AI seems retarded. Just lets you sit there and shoot at'em non-stop and they don't even try to run or hide. Hmm. This will be a renter!

edit: after watching the gametrailers review, it seems like it has a generic kind of metroid story but the gameplay should be great. i still think the enemies are dumb, and they said the game is extremely easy, so whatever. i'll check it out after i beat bioshock!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:33 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
dude you should just sell your Wii all you ever do is bitch about anything that comes out for it~

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:10 PM 
Bridge Dweller

thats because there arent many good games out for it right now. my 360 gets all my time currently.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:26 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

I would contend that Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Godfather: Blackhand, Wii Sports, and Tiger Woods 07 all qualify as Great games.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:30 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Pikapp wrote:
I would contend that Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Godfather: Blackhand, Wii Sports, and Tiger Woods 07 all qualify as Great games.

RE4 is a remake with not much compelling new content -- I played it the first time through when it came out a long time ago. The controller scheme will be great for UC though.
Paper Mario was OK but Super Paper Mario or the new Wii one wasn't my kind of game. I guess it was too sophomoric or something. Doesn't grab me.
Metroid may be ok -- I do want to play it. I didn't like Metroid Prime 2 though.
I prefer Godfather on the PS3 -- the extra content is great, and the motion controls are cool. I don't imagine it'd be better story-wise, gameplay-wise, control-wise, on the Wii... PS3/360 has everything the Wii doesnt.. I played it through on the 360 and found the PS3 to be a better experience.
Wii Sports is boring unless you're drunk or with friends.
I prefer my Tiger Woods Golf games in HD (PS3/Xbox360) and the swinging is much better on a controller.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:43 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
You do come off a bit of a troll when people talk of the Wii. ;)

Anyway, I don't like FPS games so I couldn't really get into Prime 1 and never tried the second. But I've heard so many good comments about this one that I think I'll be picking it up next week or so. Still think they should have added online play, but meh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:54 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

pikapp wants to be my friend token buddy doesn't he~

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:58 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Why would I troll the Wii if I own one? Ha.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:09 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
I don't know, why do you? Heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:26 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
You gotta admit, in most posts, you can be found saying "I own a Wii, but this sucks... I own a 360, but that stinks... I own a PS3, eat a dick". We get it, you own em. Considering you are usually giving uninformed opinions, rather than opinions based on your experiences, it looks like trolling.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:55 AM 
Bridge Dweller

I hadn't realized. I will try to change my posting trends in that case!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:36 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

The guy hates everything.. It's like Dolalin found someone to have sex with him and this is his baby.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:04 PM 
Bridge Dweller

No I don't! I like a lot of things. =)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:52 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Metroid Prime 3 is awesome. Love this game. The control scheme is really great on "advanced" and it's easily the best out of the Prime series (and you can strafe omgz). The enemy AI isn't the greatest I agree, but Metroid games have always been more about the adventure elements than the fighting. The fights that I've been through so far have been at least more challenging than the first two games. The control really makes this game. The voice acting is surprisingly good and the visuals, while not as polished or "high def" as you'd find on 360 or PS3, have a unique appeal to them with the art of it really being key as opposed to the "omg it looks real."

It's the best Wii game so far aside from Zelda and a really good FPS/adventure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:13 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
I'm going to let this one pass based on past experience with the Prime franchise.

Good or bad, I'm sad that I just don't care any longer about this game series.

Somewhat enjoyed 1. Hated 2. Metroid will remain the same as Castlevania to me. Platformer supreme.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:03 AM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

I really think you might want to try and rent it Givin or play a friends, I didn't care much for Prime 1 or 2 but this one is a bit more fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:33 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Nah. FPS Metroid is instant turnoff anyway. I don't see how they could make it any more innovative. Point, click, boom. Immune to arm cannon, great switch to missiles, switch back.

Scan 300,000,000 random objects in 5 visor modes for points of interest or to repair 30,000,000,000 broken electrical conduits to open doors.

Yawn.

I'm having more fun playing with Wiindows atm.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:01 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

yeah givin borrow a friend's or if you have something that'llget you a free rental check it out, it's fairly decent.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:21 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

it's 100 times better than prime one or two.

Offline Profile