It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:18 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Battlefield 2
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:31 PM 

So, is anyone playing this? Every review i have read has given it good scores, sometimes great scores.<
>
<
>
Questions:<
>
<
>
How high end a PC will you need to run this smoothly and with a decent graphics setting?<
>
<
>
Is the action more like:<
>
Counter Strike<
>
Unreal Tournament 2k4<
>
Quake<
>
Socom<
>
<
>
Do you find the learning curve incredibly steep? (As in, if i were to start playing now, would i find any games i would have a chance in until i get good?)<
>
<
>
How necessary is a headset for voice communication?<
>
<
>
Thanks Cheysulii Liegeman<
>
56 Beastlord of the Tribunal<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Battlefield 2
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:07 PM 

It sucks. EA sucks. It sucks. End of story. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:10 AM 

BF2 is a complete blast. I'm addicted to it, and haven't missed this much sleep since my old EQ days, heh.<
>
<
>
The maps are huge and highly detailed. The game is really designed to be played online for squad play, which is very cool. The commander console gives real tactical abilities to your commander to make your team more effective. Playing on ranked servers gets you experience and rank, which lets you unlock weapons to add to your arsenal.<
>
<
>
It does take a beefy computer to run it however. Everyone I've seen that complains about how buggy this game is runs it on pcs that do not meet the requirements.<
>
<
>
5 stars out of 5, easily. This is one of the best games I've bought, and I've gone through many. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:17 AM 

Learn how to bitch, whine, moan and groan. Then use cheap, annoying strats and you'll be the greatest player ever in Battlefield 2.<
>
<
>
Here's some tips on how to play BF2.<
>
<
>
1. NEVER join squads. It ruins the game.<
>
<
>
2. Mutiny is your friend. Use it against a good commander at every given chance.<
>
<
>
3. When someone takes your plane you've been waiting ten minutes for, run in front of it. Proceed to not forgive the asshole who just stole it when he teamkills you for taking YOUR plane.<
>
<
>
4. Bitch about him taking your plane that he stole.<
>
<
>
5. Get in a tank and wait until your team captures all the flags. Proceed to park yourself in a corner and camp the only remaining flag to kill all those idiots who just lost.<
>
<
>
6. Never do anything your commander tells you to. He doesn't know how to play the game like you do.<
>
<
>
7. When you become the commander, just run around and throw artillery where you want it. Not where it's needed. It works out better that way.<
>
<
>
8. Two words. C4 EVERYTHING.<
>
<
>
9. Blow the C4 up when your teammates get near it.<
>
<
>
And 10. If you're on USA, get on the aircraft carrier's defense turrets. Mow down all those assholes who keep trying to get your chopper/plane. They're not as good at flying as you. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:51 AM 

If you are not in a well structured clan or at least have 5 other friend you can rely on to make a good squad who actualy work together, this game is not worth it. Back in action baby! EQ - Finlainea - Paladin - Stromm - Fallen LegacyRetired - EQ2 - Finlainea - Dirge - Najena <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:15 PM 

Heres a question:<
>
<
>
Im playing the demo right now. Is this the same graphics load the release version of the game will
ing? I can run the demo on the high setting without so much as a hiccup, and am wondering if this is not a true representation of the power needed to tackle BF2.<
>
<
>
64 player maps.<
>
<
>
Comps a year old and cost around 1500$, so good, but not great by today's standards. Cheysulii Liegeman<
>
56 Beastlord of the Tribunal<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:02 AM 

Yeah the demo is like the full game. Yeah and by that I also mean that the in game
owser suck donkey ass. Back in action baby! EQ - Finlainea - Paladin - Stromm - Fallen LegacyRetired - EQ2 - Finlainea - Dirge - Najena <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:31 PM 

Still playing it, the ranking system is fun but overwhelming.<
>
<
>
I've joined a reasonably large clan, which plays on multiple games. Call of Duty, BF2, etc.<
>
<
>
We scrimmage and practice with other clans. TWL is a service that allows you to challenge other clans in a tree system.<
>
5 on 5 or 12 on 12, and any other combinations.<
>
<
>
With few mods out now, it's replay has gone up.<
>
<
>
I can't wait for some of the mods that people plan to do once the tools are out of beta. Should add many months of play time to this already great shooter.<
>
<
>
If you hear people complain about kit balancing and bugs, yeah there is and are, but don't let that dull your enjoyment playing it. I think it's got much potential with the mods out. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:01 PM 

Quote:The maps are huge and highly detailed<
>
<
>
In a jet, the maps are SMALL! <
>
<
>
ZOOM! "We're going to shoot you for leaving the combat area!" (turn around)<
>
<
>
ZOOM! "We're going to shoot you for leaving the combat area!" (turn around)<
>
<
>
etc...<
>
<
>
ugh...<
>
<
>
<
>
<
><
>
[Tynkur Toyz][66 Gnomish Arch Convoker][Email][Magelo]<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:51 PM 

^ Agree that they are too small for jets.<
>
<
>
But hopefully someone will make a mod for BF2 like the peeps that did DC for BF1942. Then jet/aircraft only maps will be awesome. <i></i>