It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:52 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Forza
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:54 AM 

Anyone playing Forza besides me? Seeing as how I don't have a working computer right now most of my free time I spend goofing off on Xbox Live and most of that time is spent in Forza. <
>
<
>
Way more fun than Gran Turismo 4 with online and car customization(appearence and performance), oh yeah... and damage! Marauder <!--EZCODE LINK START---<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=96718" target="top">Harabakc</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--- - Goat<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Forza
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:00 AM 

Forza is the best racing sim ever. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:21 AM 

Yeah, I've got both and I like forza a LOT more. I think the physics model in GT4 might be a bit better, but forza has just the right mix of reality and video game for me. -Fuon<
>
Skywall<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:41 AM 

I think Forza actually has better physics than GT4. GT4 has better graphics in 1080 than Forza does, strangely enough. Forza's AI is also spotty, sometimes they drive very realistically, sometimes they play bumpercars the whole race.<
>
<
>
Make sure you turn realistic damage on for the full experience and a nice money boost. Just don't mash the gas at the starting line or you'll damage your engine. And be careful with ride height/spring rate, if you bottom out too much you can damage your drivetrainn.<
>
<
>
Lately I've been screwing around and trying to learn how to drift in the cheapest RX-7 tuned to B1 with hard rear tires, strong accel diff, and super hard rear anti-roll bars. It swings out on me like a champ, I just can't get it to hold the line I want, but I'm getting better. ---------------------------------<
>
Burog Warrior of Oryx<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:09 AM 

Ok...that fake 1080i. Forza caculates 240 physic caculation per second compare to GT4's 60 physic caculation per second. No
ainer. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:50 PM 

Maybe I'm the only one, but driving in real life isn't any fun, so why should it be on a video game?<
>
<
>
I'll take NFSU thx. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:57 PM 

I pretty much agree with Binkee, these games are too much like work/real life... not fun for me. Give me Burnout 3 or Simpsons Road Rage!<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:44 PM 

Driving IRL like you do in forza is fun as fuck. Its not like a fucking commute or something. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:14 PM 

Quote: Ok...that fake 1080i.<
>
<
>
Eh? I haven't touched GT4 since I picked up my Xbox to play Forza, but I've seen plenty of side by side screenshots and GT4 almost always looks better overall. I seem to remember GT4 having a better frame rate, too.<
>
<
>
Forza is by far the better game imho, but GT4 sure is pretty.<
>
<
>
The BEST part of Forza? No fucking licenses. Damn I hate those things. ---------------------------------<
>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:50 PM 

Yeah but forza can do this.... <
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:04 AM 

Quote:Eh? I haven't touched GT4 since I picked up my Xbox to play Forza, but I've seen plenty of side by side screenshots and GT4 almost always looks better overall. I seem to remember GT4 having a better frame rate, too.<
>
<
>
Forza is by far the better game imho, but GT4 sure is pretty.<
>
<
>
The BEST part of Forza? No fucking licenses. Damn I hate those things. <
>
<
>
The so claimed 1080i on GT4 is not true 1080i.<
>
GT4 only wins on the Forcefeed Back support and 60fps.<
>
Other than that, Forza wins hands down.<
>
I agree GT4 does use color better than Forza, but graphically wise Forza still wins. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:12 AM 

I could care less if it's true 1080 or not, I find GT4 graphics are slightly better even in still shots. <
>
<
>
Now if I can just fix my Koenisegg so it doesn't get all twitchy on me at 180+ mph. Adding camber didn't help nearly enough. ---------------------------------<
>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:06 PM 

Duffy, 23% acceleration differential and 17% deceleration.<
>
<
>
If you have live send me a friend request I'll show you some stuff. DarkOmen42 is my tag. And lower you bump damping and rebound too that'll help a bunch. Marauder <!--EZCODE LINK START---<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=96718" target="top">Harabakc</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--- - Goat<i></i>