It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:24 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:21 PM 

Wow what have I been missing, I hate most car racing games (need for speed, nascar, wtfever). Being bored lately I went game shopping, heard it was decent and picked it up for like $17. h o l y c r a p, this game fucking rocks. I cant get enough of crashing into stuff and just watching it blow up. It's just amazingly made, great effects, decent car selection, semi hard AI (sometimes), Online, and it has a decent soundtrack to boot. If you're like me (retarded) and haven't picked it up yet, get it, it's awesome. <
>
<
>
I havent bought a single game for about a year, what else have I missed that might be in the lower price range (ps2 only please)? I'll play most anything except FPS type games, can't stand them on consoles. No sports games either I hate sports games. Maybe a good RPG I can sink 40+ hours into (if any exist these days). Headed off to college in a few months so need to build up the game collection a bit. <
>
<
>
Current titles- Burnout 3, Tetris worlds, FF X, FF X-2 (sucks), Mark of kri, GTA: VC, Soul Calibur 2, some helecopter game thats way too hard. <
>
"Women are like Voltron, the more you hook up, the better it gets"<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:39 PM 

How is Tetris Worlds? Worth the cash? <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:18 PM 

Dude burn out 3 fuckin rocks. I am surprised you hadnt heard anything about it. Its really good fun and pretty much worth that 17 bucks. The only thing I hate is that fucking annoying announcer. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:48 AM 

Tetris worlds is decent. You controll a little block dude who controlls the pieces and all he does is serve to get in the way sometimes. Theres I think 6 or 10 different block characters and all "level up" certian worlds/modes seperately, so if you reach level 9 with one block in classic and level 3 with another block, and play VS they start at different difficulties. Theres like 6 different game modes on it. Theres special points for moves like a "T-spin" where if you take the T shaped block and spin manuver it into its place you get extra points.<
>
<
>
Classic tetris- ...<
>
<
>
Hotline tetris- you build up to certian "hot-lines" across the matrix and when you eliminate a line of blocks you get so many points per line.<
>
<
>
Square tetris- the object is to build blocks of 4x4, 6x6, etc blocks of pieces and eliminate them for more points.<
>
<
>
Sticky tetris- all the blocks of the same color stick together and you try to elimate the garbage blocks at the bottom.<
>
<
>
Fusion (personal favorite)- you get normal pieces and then small one square pieces you have to attach to a glowing block under a pile of garbage blocks.<
>
<
>
Cascade tetris- the gravity is turned on so your excess blocks fall when you clear a line and blocks can seperate from pieces.<
>
<
>
All in all its a fun game but it gets old if you dont have anyone to play with and I would have loved to play online that would be so much more fun. I say pick it up if you have someone else that likes to play tetris.<
>
<
>
<
>
As for the DJ in burnout, In the driver details thing one of the options turns him off. He got annoying after about 30 mins playing so hes gone now <
>
"Women are like Voltron, the more you hook up, the better it gets"<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:02 AM 

The announcer is easilly the worst part of Burnout 3. Except the music on the PS2 version. Pop-punk at its worst except one or two tracks.<
>
<
>
My sister and I finally got all golds in all the crash mode levels. Now we're just trying to
eak our high score of 2,050,000 in one level. ---------------------------------<
>
Burog Warrior of Oryx<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:52 AM 

I picked Burnout 3 up a few weeks ago, my 8 year old daughter LOVES smashing into things She plays more than I do. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:17 PM 

Old rachet and clank games are a must for the PS2, the first 2 should be in the 20$ range, new one not so much.<
>
<
>
Original Jak and Daxter<
>
<
>
Prince of Persia, sands of time or Warrior Within<
>
<
>
Don't own a ps2, so this is tough, but Star ocean (Something) is an rpg i heard was amazing, but dunno about cost. Cheysulii Liegeman<
>
56 Beastlord of the Tribunal<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:25 PM 

Star Ocean is 19.99 from bestbuy,. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:29 AM 

I've heard mixed reviews on Star Ocean. If you like action RPG's it sounds like it's a good pickup. ---------------------------------<
>
Burog Warrior of Oryx<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:36 PM 

Star Ocean is a great game. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:06 PM 

Dont have a PS2, but my buddy does, and we rented Burnout3.<
>
<
>
Wow<
>
<
>
again,<
>
<
>
Wow!<
>
<
>
Great game, probably the best racing game i have played! Cheysulii Liegeman<
>
56 Beastlord of the Tribunal<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:24 AM 

how is this game on xbox? <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:59 AM 

This game is good, so long as you don't mind throwing out any knowledge of racing game technique you have. From what I've played of it, Burnout3 is more of a Destruction Derby-esque "crash the hell out of as many other cars and still stay standing long enough to finish the race" game than a "run a clean race and outrun the other guys" racing game.<
>
<
>
And yeah, classic racing standbys like hitting the wall sideways to right yourself so you can take the 90 degree turns easier, a tactic that has been more or less a mainstay of racing games since OutRun or the original Ridge Racers, will now land you in a supercrash.<
>
<
>
It's a lot more fun if you don't play it like a racing game, and think of it more like vehicular combat, Twisted Metal style. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:35 AM 

I played Burnout 3 at a friends house and I remember loving it. But for old school wreckem n racem games... I miss Carmageddon. Now that was a fun car game, the controls needed work, but it was a blast. If only on Multiplayer you could have bots. <i></i>