It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:38 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Warlords of Draenor
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:32 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
You should be playing it and not whatever other shit MMO you are playing.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Warlords of Draenor
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:34 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Been to long.. trying to go back after years of being away from the game I would have no idea what to do, Tried it for a few days and was completely lost. I'm thinking of not playing any game anymore, they seem so boring and all everyone does is race to high lvl. Its all about what gear you have and how fast you can get to lvl 100 or what ever. Usually cant get the gear cause a person doesn't raid. Mind numbing stuff.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:20 PM 

Dalaran WoW lvl 80 private server ftw.

What is new on the expansion? New level cap, dungeons, higher iLvL gear...?

I'm getting in line tonight to get my Dragon Age Inquisition CD!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:02 AM 
Noob
Noob

EQ1: Angrist
WoW: Angrist
New level cap, same stuff just with a different twist. Leveling actually isn't bad with the new system and the Garrisons could be a game withing itself.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:06 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
Been having fun so far. Some raid finder utilities have come out since I last played that queue up to heroic raids. They did a good job with variety. The garrison is nice but followers are grindy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:48 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
I moved so far out of town that my social life kind of evaporated, so I fired this back up for Warlords.

Garrisons obviate a lot of tradeskill interdependency. As was said above, followers are grindy -- and they're pretty optional; they provide an avenue for getting some stuff a little faster, but nothing you couldn't get by other means, usually faster than with followers.

I'd been gone since 2009, so I'm not exactly sure when the dungeon and raid loot system changed to the point where everyone is on their own table and loot distribution is no longer a thing. I like that Looking for Raid is a thing, in that I get to see content I'd normally need a guild to see, but honestly I think the guild experience was more fun in general. It turns out you can do both anyway, so that's cool.

Resistances are gone. Spirit is a secondary stat. Talent trees are really simplified, and no choice on the tree restricts your later choices -- it's more of a menu, really, each level-unlocked talent's availability is independent of your previous choices.

Hunters have Focus instead of Mana, negating their need for Intellect and simplifying their gear considerably. YMMV by class, but Hunters in specific have been drastically simplified. Aspects are gone except for Cheetah, Pack and Beast, and raid buffs are solely available through Lone Wolf, an entry late on the talent tree that grants you 30% extra damage when your pet isn't out and allows you to buff some stat raid-wide by 5%. It's never the best available buff, but it's flexible and fills blanks, and it means I don't have to deal with pathing bugs wiping the raid just to do the damage the class was balanced to put out.

Flying mounts in old-world is nice. Chelsea is kind of rabbit-holed on the Battle Pet system, which is essentially Pokémon without trademarks. I went in solo from tier 4 upwards just to see the stuff I couldn't see before, and found out Hyjal and Sunwell were more interesting than Black Temple despite getting nowhere near the same publicity.

The group-finder stuff is ultimately enabling the mechanics of gameplay at the expense of its social health. It enables progress in isolation, just like the casuals wanted, but I think the casuals are slowly realizing that this isn't what they'd hoped it would be.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:22 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Hunters provide raid buffs via pets. Lone wolf just lets them operate without a pet and provide whatever buff they choose to provide.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:22 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
Yeah, I played with that a little. My usual pet is a cat, because Prowl, but I've recently discovered that when you Camouflage, your pet disappears with you, so that's kind of pointless now. The cat could only buff Mastery. I currently have four active classes and Mastery is near the bottom of stat priority for all of them, but maybe some tankish specs care about it?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:27 AM 
I am a Spaceman

EQ1: Muligan
EQ2: Muligan
SWOR: Muligan
Was a solid expansion...probably the best since BC. Didn't last me very long for whatever reason. Sub ran out probably two weeks ago.

Been playing H1Z1 and following the CrowFall hype.

Offline Profile