It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:46 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kingslayer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:28 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Lich King finally downed last night in 10 man. I know killing him isn't a big deal anymore for many guilds, but I really didn't think I was going to see this done before the expansion. I also didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal, but I've got to admit it was a huge rush to win this one. It also means I'm even more anxious for Star Wars to come out ;)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Kingslayer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:31 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
I know it is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think their usage of the growing buff over time to permit more and more people to succeed at the content as time goes by is actually a well thought out and designed item. It lets the hardcore raiders get there first, the up and coming groups get there second and maybe use the buff to help down the heroics at later stages, and it lets the casual players get there before the next expansion is released.

I dunno. I know a lot of people are disillusioned with WoW, but I'm still pretty content with it. I've got a fairly laid back crew to run with, a toon I enjoy a great deal, and I can get in and out of game having been effective without having to commit insane hours of playtime to it.

Grats on Kingslayer. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:43 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
It's a good idea, I agree. The hardcore guilds can turn it off if they so desire.

I'm just sad because my guild imploded two weeks before a Sindy/LK kill. :(

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:23 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Vanamar wrote:
It's a good idea, I agree. The hardcore guilds can turn it off if they so desire.

I'm just sad because my guild imploded two weeks before a Sindy/LK kill. :(

My guild hasn't so much imploded as we've seen THE slowest summer since vanilla wow. Folks vanished, transferred, or simply stopped logging in to the point where we have 5 or 6 people on from 30 or more on a week night.

Then again, even pugs have dried up.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:36 AM 

Oh, there are pugs on Ysera, but they have ridiculous gearscore requirements.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:40 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Grats Drajeck!

Gearscore is so silly. =)

We've been doing a alt/pug run with a bunch of ~4k gearscore guys in ICC 10 and consistently going 10/12. Now that we're more geared we're planning on clearing it soon.

And yet people tell me my alt warrior "can't tank ToC 10" because it takes 5k GS.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:24 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Grats on Kingslayer!

We've been 11/12 heroic mode for a while now. The magnitude of difficulty of heroic LK over all other fights is significant. As a hunter, I have to do so mank special jobs on that fight that it's downright not fun at all. We're also working on heroic Halion. This is all 25 man.

I agree with Rugen for the most part. The buff is really just a nerf, done in planned and well communicated manner. It's better than removing keying requirements and such as they did in TBC. Everyone knows it's coming. The only problem is it becomes harder to see the effect of different rotations and gear has on your personal DPS.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:28 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
rugen wrote:
I dunno. I know a lot of people are disillusioned with WoW, but I'm still pretty content with it. I've got a fairly laid back crew to run with, a toon I enjoy a great deal, and I can get in and out of game having been effective without having to commit insane hours of playtime to it.

Same here...we are a 10 man guild and working on our ICC drakes right now...after that we thought to just hang out and do some older content before Cata. It's so much less stress than a large guild and it's fun. Not everyone in the guild is an amazing player, so some stuff still feels challenging which honestly, I like.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:30 AM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
im so bored in wow. pretty much doing GDKPs on my hunter now. Yeah GS sucks, tried to get into a pug drake run (since my guild has no interest in doing thier 25 man drakes and no longer do 10 man drake runs) was told they were looking for a higher GS ranged when i have a 6200 on my lock wtf.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:07 PM 
Noob
Noob

I actually just returned to WoW this last May, and have leveld up to 80 and gotten to about 4750 GS. I know hardly anything about the game, but am having fun with it. My god, it's SO much easier that EQ. I would have never thought about attacking mobs 7 levels higher than me while leveling up for the first time. I don't really bat an eye in WoW. The level of player is MAJORLY lower in a lot of cases though. I guess no accountability in game will do that to you....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:50 PM 

We just killed halion 25 hard mode, and lk 10man hard last night :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:04 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Very nice! We're working on hard mode now, it seems aptly named so far ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:32 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Figured I'd just add it to this thread...finally got Kingslayer in a semi-pug, was good times.

It's a real bitch trying to do anything of substance this late in an expansion when you're behind the gear curve. =(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:18 PM 

The Halion heroic 25 fight is just the right mix of difficulty without being too bad. My major beef with it is the huge hit box and hunters minimum range to dps, which kills my dps on that fight. The adds up top really make it a much different and more difficult fight. The twilight cutters in the shadow realm are pretty easy to deal with once you get used to it.

Heroic LK, on the other hand, crosses the line. It's so unforgiving.

P1:
- Avoid void zones (instant death) while staying close enough to the drudge to drop off plague
- Drop plague off on drudge
- Tranq shot on enrage (my job, and it gets super fun if there are two up at once)

Transition:
- Continue to tranq shot the drudge until it's dead
- Misdirect the enraged spirit to the tank (knowing the status of drudge so you don't put the spirit on the add tank until the drudge is dead, or the LK tank right before P2)
- Manage pet so that it doesn't stick on Lich King and waste its dps
- DPS down orbs (my job)

P2:
- Drop frost trap on boss for valks
- Position defile out of the path of valk
- DPS valk to 50% before it drops your homie off the cliff

Transition:
- Same as before, more orbs (yay!)
- Enraged spirits spawn so fast you can't reliably misdirect

P3 (this is the most fun):
- Gather on main tank in the shadowmourne room. Stick on him like glue while he takes the raid around the room avoiding wicked spirits.
- Somehow target and DPS down the spirits when you stop, and/or jump/turn and attack while running
- When pop back up top, immediately drop a frost trap in the middle of the room and have a tank drag LK through it to slow down spirits. Have another tank burn a cooldown and explode all of the spirits at once.
- Manage location of defile
- After the next round, have a different tank or someone with a cooldown explode the spirits

And do all of that while dps'ing down a boss with 30 million hp's in 10-man :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:32 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Well, knocked Bane out in another semi-pug. Wasn't nearly as hard as people made it sound, people made it seem like it was impossible even with the 30% buff. =O Took about 90 minutes once we got to him.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:53 PM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

lol...I still haven't gotten Kingslayer.

Our 10 man had just gotten to Lich King, taken one shot at it, and I informed them that I was so burnt out they were going to have to accomplish it without me. The Tank then said he needed a break as well, followed up by our primary healer.

Fast forward, hell I don't know, 4 or 5 months...and they just downed LK about 3 weeks ago.

Truth-be-told...I just have no urge to even bother with it now. Not even sure that I'll enjoy playing my Enhancement shaman with the changes. So kind of in a piddling around mode for a while.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:56 PM 

Try Elemental, I think you'll like it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:51 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Elemynt_Fyrestorm wrote:
lol...I still haven't gotten Kingslayer.

Our 10 man had just gotten to Lich King, taken one shot at it, and I informed them that I was so burnt out they were going to have to accomplish it without me. The Tank then said he needed a break as well, followed up by our primary healer.

Fast forward, hell I don't know, 4 or 5 months...and they just downed LK about 3 weeks ago.

Truth-be-told...I just have no urge to even bother with it now. Not even sure that I'll enjoy playing my Enhancement shaman with the changes. So kind of in a piddling around mode for a while.

I'll do Kingslayer the same way I did all the other previous end-game raids post-expansion cuz I could never devote a full-time gaming schedule -- drinking at midnight on Ventrilo in some PUG raid a year after it's old content. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:02 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

We got 10man normal back in June I think it was after our second night working on it. We never did get 25 man kill though. We had some turn over and then we just couldn't move well enough to down him. Someone who had "insider info, guaranteed" said that Cata was coming out in October so we took a break near the end of the summer until after the expansion. I haven't raided in so long it feels foreign to even consider it. Oh well, we have several who have reached 85 already, so I'm sure it wont be long until we are banging our heads against raid content. We are failure.

-Locatis aka Namstol

Offline Profile