It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:26 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:37 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Quote:
the whole hunter thing is before 4.0 i was able to get up to 16k on some of the HM icc 25 bosses. Now im barely holding 12k.
Which bosses were you doing 16k on? I looked at your guild's public WoL parses and couldn't find any with you doing that. As a matter of fact, it looks like you were barely holding 12k before 4.0.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:51 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Perpetuo / Bupas
WoW: Proven
I have to laugh that you were doing beta stuff with FoH.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:38 PM 

Quote:
Well, I ride on a mount all the time and it looks rather nice if you get one that you like. If you're the type that likes to show off, it can be a nice trophy as well, depending on which one you get. No matter where I go or what I'm doing, I have my mounts.

A house? I'd have to go in and just sit in it. Just go there and sit there and look around and say, "Ok, well, time to go do something."

I mean, it would be cool and all, but...eh, I dunno.

Now THAT'S e-peen =p

In seriousness though, I suppose mounts are more important for those who care about the aesthetic nature of the game. That's not to say you can't care about both mechanics/substance and graphics/style/form at the same time, but I'd venture to guess mounts are more important to those who place higher emphasis on the latter. It's true that you can take it everywhere with you as opposed to a house, but then the question comes down to whether the fact that you can take a graphical component with you wherever you go trumps the fact that you can interact with the other component(which remains in one location where it can't always be utilized) and use it for various functions.

I guess I just prefer something I can actually do something with. I doubt the people excited about mounts right now would be equally as thrilled about a small 10x10 pixel located on the front of their character's tabard to indicate they were going +100 percent runspeed. To me that's almost what it amounts to(though I can still appreciate the graphical animation that represents a mount).

I'm not purely function over form, but when cornered with a choice, I'd have to choose the one that has more mechanical complexity. That would be the house. Keep in mind that housing can be done in a variety of different ways, and it doesn't need to be anywhere near as simplistic or straightforward as... say, FFXI's instanced single-room apartment. Increase the complexity in that department and I get even more excited at the possibilities. Depending on the type of MMORPG housing we're talking about, you *can* do a variety of things inside the house instead of just "sitting" there or socializing. On the flipside, there aren't as many ways to do a mount in WoW(unless you decided to change the physics engine and make it so you could ram into stuff,for example).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:08 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Some beta fun

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4151 ... 134205.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4499 ... 134446.jpg

Edit: I was informed by Furor about 30 minutes ago that Ghostcrawler is getting a unique Ghost Crab model with the next beta push.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8845 ... 201450.jpg

Edit: New Model

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:15 AM 

What's the consensus on hunters dps at 85, Kham?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:15 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Goblins: Love 'em. Only real complaint is the goofy attack animations, you look like you're play-fighting in a Three Stooges movie rather than trying to kill things.

I'm also sad that you can't get the big grin face that all the NPC goblins have. All the player goblin faces look all serious and crap. =(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:28 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
BM:
Needs work. Pet damage scales incredibly well with Mastery since it really is the stat that 'Makes pet do more damage'. However, compared to the other 2 specs it has a lot of room for growth. Kill Command can pull off some amazing crits, and the Priority System is pretty forgiving...unlike the other 2 specs however you have to manually refresh Serpent Sting which can throw a wrench in your gears. Overall, the weakest of the 3 but they're working on it.

MM:
I'd say this is going to be the commonplace middle ground spec for everyone. Again, at the moment Mastery is tits and should be stacked. I had some issues getting the Priority System down at first because you don't actually use Aimed Shot unless the proc triggers for the free one. Kind of boggles my mind to some extent that the signature shot for this spec isn't terribly useful.

Surv:
Highest of the 3 atm. Mastery scales to an incredible level here. The Explosive Shot dot ticks crit, on average, for more than Arcane shot crits. Plus, the T11 4P set bonus gives Black Arrow a direct damage which is just insane. I've seen some wacky fuckin numbers with Surv. I'm afraid it will probably get scaled down unless the other two get buffed.

Overall, I'm rather impressed with what I've seen. Focus works in the raiding environment and is a lot easier to deal with in the long run than most people anticipated. The lack of Hunter friendly weapon enchants (sans the 130 Agi on 2 handers, which funny enough has the old falling leaves graphic the 60 Hunter Epic bow had) is disappointing but we should be seeing the new scopes around 4.1...and I've been told they more than make up for it. I bring this up because Landslide and Hurricane are op as fuck and it sucks big red donkey balls that we don't get to use them (yet again).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:59 PM 

What I'm really curious about is hunter dps in relation to other classes. My dps actually went up with the switch to focus as mm, but the problem is that other classes went way up, especially casters. Wondering if there's more balance at 85 or if I should be concerned. I know most of our signature shots got buffed in the beta, but wondering how that translates to overall performance compared to others.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:39 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I wouldn't compare yourself to any other class right now. Some classes are completely out of hand right now, especially casters like you said. Folks in beta say it's smoothed out a lot, though.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Moderator: Solanthious Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4