It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:46 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:46 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
I'm really new to using Adobe Premier (it's all I have) but back in October I made my first video about Power Auras. I had a lot of fun making it and it took about 3 days to make.

Today I finished up a movie for Threat Plates, as the author was asking around if someone would make a high quality movie for it. I don't know if what I made is high quality but I'm proud of it and had so much fun making it and it only took 1 day to put everything together.

I'd like to do more, so if you have any suggestions on an addon I could demo let me know! The whole process of putting these together is really engaging for me.

Anyways, here's the links if you guys feel like wasting about 10 minutes. (4 min each). It's preferable if you watch them full screen in HD so I didn't embed them.

Power Auras - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tdG8NwBgOg

Threat Plates - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU7vizgszUs

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:51 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

34 views and no comments. I guess that's good?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:23 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
They look cool, but I doubt I'd use em. The threat one seems pretty sweet for tanks, but not much use for a Rogue, which is what I played. Nice videos, though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:13 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
The videos are pretty good. Only suggestion is to make sure you raise the volume of your background music during those long segments where your voice track doesn't play. The pit tunnel part of the 2nd video comes to mind and maybe a short part in Old Kingdom. Watch our for dead air space as well. Maybe split the audio clip up and eliminate some of the spots where you don't talk for a few seconds.

As far as addon usefulness. Power Auras looks like a jumbled mess of shit that takes up too much room, even at a high resolution. I never liked any addon that put rings around a character tho. It does track a lot of shit I guess but I suppose I'm just used to doing with class timers, elkanos or just old school watching for shit. Threat Plates looks pretty good. Nothing really to comment on it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:48 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
power auras can be tucked in an out of the way yet easily visible place. I have it mostly to detect whether or not I've nubbed it up and forgot to use righteous fury, and to track blade warding/mongoose procs depending on which weapon I'm using.

I use NeedToKnow for things like holy shield/evasion/etc.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:30 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
The videos are pretty good. Only suggestion is to make sure you raise the volume of your background music during those long segments where your voice track doesn't play.

I noticed this too after I had finished this uploading, though only through my 5.1 speakers. When I was editing with headphones it came through very clearly, but thank you for the advice. I'll crank up the db on the next one.

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Watch our for dead air space as well. Maybe split the audio clip up and eliminate some of the spots where you don't talk for a few seconds.

Most of the clips were unedited masters that I made subclips of in Premier on the fly, so they were broken up. There were parts that I left out from my script I made because I didn't think they fit well or sounded clumsy and when I went to redo them I said fuck it. I can be a perfectionist pretty badly and I wanted to get it done quickly.

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
As far as addon usefulness. Power Auras looks like a jumbled mess of shit that takes up too much room, even at a high resolution.

It really depends on what graphics you use. I use the big ones in the center because it's easy for me to see. You can tell that I use big buttons as well. I just can't deal with like 4 rows of small buttons, so the stuff I need to see is BIG and there is another whole bar hidden that has keybinds. I was thinking about redoing my Power Auras into some cleaner graphics, as I saw some great layouts on the internet lately. It's super customizable and you can make your own graphics (I'm just lazy).

Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:01 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Slyfinger
WoW: Booji
Quote:
(I'm just lazy).

Lazy people don't play WoW.

Offline Profile