It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:07 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:21 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

After finally getting a group together for a shot at this after reforming our guild, we got to Anub with 46 attempts left. Sadly, we used 10 of those attempts wiping. Our current group makeup is:

MT - Druid
OT - Warrior
Healers - Disc Priest, Resto Shaman, Resto Druid
DPS - Hunter, DK, Warrior, Mage, Warlock

We are able to get to phase 3 consistently but continue to wipe with about 20% left on Anub.

I'm curious what group compositions people are running to down Anub? We recently lost our Resto Shaman. Should I replace him with another healer (Holy Pally or another resto shaman) or should i add another DPS? Everyone in the group is willing to sit if another class is more viable.

Thoughts?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:10 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
We run 2 healers, so I'd replace your shaman with a DPS shaman to keep heroism and totems in your make up. If you went with an Elemental you can even have them heal (while elemental) if something bad happens at the last second.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:15 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
What do you mean, tribute runs?

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:07 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

We run 2 healers as well, bring nature resist pots and have hunter aura

tribute runs are heroic mode larreth, you get a certian number of wipes in the instance, and if you finish with 25, 45, and 50 attempts left, you get more loot. I believe with 25 attempts, you get 2 trophies and a weapon, 45 gives 4 trophies and a weapon, and 50 gets 4 trophys, weapon, cloak, and a mount.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:27 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Dobbil wrote:
We run 2 healers as well, bring nature resist pots and have hunter aura

tribute runs are heroic mode larreth, you get a certian number of wipes in the instance, and if you finish with 25, 45, and 50 attempts left, you get more loot. I believe with 25 attempts, you get 2 trophies and a weapon, 45 gives 4 trophies and a weapon, and 50 gets 4 trophys, weapon, cloak, and a mount.

Interesting. Haven't done 10 heroic. We clear regular 25 like it's nothing tho...which it likely is lol..

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:31 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I pug ToGC 10 weekly and have made it to Anub with as many as all 50 attempts left, but we've yet to down him. Usually due to the retardation of people not interrupting Shadow Strike in phase 3.

You really do want to 2-heal the encounter, you need that extra DPS and it's really not that healing intensive most of the time anyway, especially if you have a Paladin or Warrior handling the adds with a good unhittable set.

I'd recommend getting every bit of nature resist you can on the raid. Especially the MT if possible. I'm sitting at 58k hp fully raid buffed, and if I'm being topped off a lot that's a sickening amount of healing on Anub without some resistances to mitigate it. (Of course, I don't actually use my stamina gear for Anub, I swap in armor trinkets and shit, but just making a point.)

The execution of 10-man heroic is actually pretty easy since you can get only one burrow phase rather trivially so the permafrost limit is really a non-factor.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:02 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

We run with:

Prot Pal MT
Prot War OT (we don't bother with a block set in 10man)
Mage/Oomkin/Oomkin/Warlock/Hunter rDPS
Rogue mDPS
Disc Priest/Resto Sham healers

We've been farming ToInsanity for a month and a half, but we REALLY overgear the 10man; I imagine with actual 10man gear it will be harder (we're gonna shoot for ToDInsanity this week). Our hunter runs Aspect of Canada for p3; otherwise, everything is pretty normal.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:19 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

I've switch our group make up abit as I run 3 HM's for my guild now but the group that I have had the best success with is as follows (more because of individuals not class)

MT = Prot Pali
OT = Prot Pali
Tank Healer: Resto Shaman (me)
Raid Healer: Resto Druid
DPS: DK, Mage, Boomkin, Rogue, Hunter, Ret Pali,

We've been farming for awhile, our 2nd week we got to anub with 50 and our off tank missed a shadow strike during P3 and we wiped at 1% and then killed him without a death (didn't have one death the entire instance other then wipe). Ever since then we always manage one wipe from DC tank or just random act of stupidity since I spread out the talent pool.

I would suggest bringing an ele shaman instead and have a holy pali tank heal unless you have a pretty well geared shaman. I am completely full 245+ and it still definitely provides a challenge to heal both tanks + toss some chain heals. Also as your gear gets better the increased dps will put you pushing him into P3 right after the 1st set of adds die which make things easier.

Its a good idea to let the 2nd adds burrow but if your having trouble keeping both tanks up while providing adaquete tank healing, we used the ice to kite the adds which greatly reduced the healing needed on the off tank. Bad side is they won't be able to burrow but that is the strat we used with 100% success for our first few clears.

If your having dps issues make sure you are cleaving down the 1st set of adds and then leave the 2nd set alone and have 100% dps on boss until he burrows. Also have the tank pull the boss away at around 12-15 seconds since the spike starts from where he burrows. This allows everyone to get spread out and not take the ice away that the adds are being tanked at. The whole goal is to only use 4-5 frost orbs since your dps should be taking him to P3 before burrow. If you don't have the dps I'd suggest gearing up abit because doing it more traditionally with two burrows and 3 ices each will require you to have a group of 10 people that aren't idiots and actually good kiters.

Anyone else have horrible luck on twin's loot? I've got a fucking diplomat on 10 man HM every single time and we have been clearing it since it came out. I run the 2nd group on my mage and we've had it drop every week but once....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:02 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Sadly, our druids both ninja transferred so we were not even able to make our last attempts and hopefully the new server transfers I have coming with be able to help us make this happen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:34 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
odd feeling for me; I have no clue about the content that you are doing and no desire to learn it.

I think I am over that WoW addiction.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:25 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Yeah, I dunno...it's probably not what you want to hear, but Anub is probably one of the most interesting encounters I've seen yet.

Some of the final bosses in TBC were probably better if my memory serves right, but Anub is pretty fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:23 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Anub on heroic25 can die in a fire.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:13 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Finally got Tribute to Mad Skill last night after putting together a pug, hooray.

I think we pretty much did the standard stuff...

Feral Druid MT (Me!)
Prot Pally OT
Holy Pally healer
Resto Shammy healer

DPS was...um...hunter, mage, 2 DK's, shadow priest, rogue? Maybe.

First attempt some moonkin ran into spikes so we just replaced him. Next attempt we downed it. =)

2-healing it pretty much guarantees you're going to just get one burrow phase, so we dropped all the permafrost we needed. Tanked Anub next to the first set of adds, moved him away on the second, lived through phase 2, then just cleaned up and let adds in phase 3 burrow.

Watch out, ToGC 25...Super Fuzzy Puggy Bear is comin for ya!

Offline Profile