joxur wrote:
heh. true?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=92919.0

no new classes
no new content - old zones revamped
2 new races
more race/class combinations
level cap 85

Would follow the path they've been laying already.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Cataclysm rumors
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:38 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Most of that is from a reliable source from SomethingAwful which in itself is an oxymoron.

We'll know next weekend for sure I'd guess.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:26 AM 
Spider Slayer

That's somewhat interesting to me. They're continuing the lore of worgens, Azshara, Deathwing, and progressing the Warcraft storyline finally with Thrall. Let's hope they don't spacegoat it up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:17 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Jeka wrote:
That's somewhat interesting to me. They're continuing the lore of worgens, Azshara, Deathwing, and progressing the Warcraft storyline finally with Thrall. Let's hope they don't spacegoat it up.

I've wanted to play a worgen since the moment I fought one in beta years ago. I dunno though. The idea of regearing, refactioning, rebadging, retradeskilling...yet another character that simply has a new skin...meh. Always liked playing animal-like characters though; Larreth was rarely out of wolf form, I played a Kerra in EqII and those wolf/fox people in vanguard sounded great until I heard the game was a pile =P

If they introduce a new class, perhaps.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:21 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Interesting.

On one hand I would think that this just follows Blizzard's pattern of laziness that has shown itself in pretty much everything lately.

On the other hand, it sounds like they're really trying to explore a lot of lore that has been yet-untouched, and revamping old zones the way they're talking about (With phasing, etc) isn't exactly a 5-minute process. And I'd like to go back and play in the old areas, I always preferred Kalimdor/EK to places like Outlands.

Also, it partially avoids one of the thing that plagued EQ later in life...the world just getting too darn big and losing touch with a lot of the old areas that people loved. I'd actually love to see people hanging around in the old cities and such more.

Another thing about the old world was that things felt more "Alliance vs. Horde" and the various zones had their unique feels that reflected the race that called them home, and you had "Alliance territory" and "Horde territory" feels in various places. You don't get that in Outlands or Northrend so much. It's all just, "New zone with twin horde/alliance quest hubs." And perhaps with what they're hinting in regards to Garrosh declaring open war on the alliance, they're looking at more world conflicts and such.

But...if this is all true, some of it just doesn't make sense. I can't see Thrall just bailing on the horde and I can't see him just leaving Garrosh in charge. I suppose Garrosh could just take the reins by force though. I can't see Saurfang just being left on the sidelines and taking Garrosh's shit. (Unless he dies in WotLK later.) I can't see Cairne getting killed, etc etc. And poor Saurfang...he should be leader of the horde if Thrall isn't. Instead some emo kid from outlands with an anger problem comes out of nowhere and takes the top job? Pfft.

Oh, and I want me a new Quel'serrar. That model was awesome, gimmeh Onyxia!

(PS: This was the nerdiest piece of shit I have ever written. Just fucking kill me already, lol)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Bovinity Divinity wrote:
(PS: This was the nerdiest piece of shit I have ever written. Just fucking kill me already, lol)

Your Wish is granted...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:52 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Anyway...

I see it about the same. Blizzard is effectively doing what SoE did with EQ2 but not releasing a second game. They're going to cook up some 101 Creative Writing level lore to "drastically changed the world". Some of the info that has been posted with either "reliable sources" or flat out data mined I can believe...but some of it is pretty far out there.

I hate to sound like the Lore nerd, but why would King Wrynn allow a race of werewolves into the Alliance? That dude (as is evident by recent in-game story arcs and such) is like a huge ass racist when it comes to anyone who isn't either Human/Elf/Gnome/Dwarf. I'm sure he tolerates the Draneai because he really doesn't have a choice in that matter. The only 2 things that make this remotely credible are the datamined files and the racial balance. Goblins would give Horde a short race while Worgen would give Alliance a "Furry" race (to balance out Tauren).

The other thing I find hard to believe is the thing with the classes. Honestly, I don't care about another Hero Class as they still don't know what they're doing with the existing one. Thankfully, they admitted that they wouldn't want to release a new Hero Class so soon. But that list of new race/class combinations is laughable. Check out the MMO Champion boards...there are tons of threads with super theorycrafters/lore nerds trying to legitimize it all. Personally, I have 2 theories. 1, Blizzard is just going to make it so All races can be all classes or 2, the data was put there to fuck with dataminers and its all fake. Blizzard has done that already...putting fake shit in the files as fodder for the miners.

Like all "Major Leaks" I think this was done by Blizzard themselves to hype Blizz-Con even more then it already is...and I say that because Blizzard has been willfully absent this whole convention season, saving every last bit of shit they've got for their event. Why not stir the pot a little more before hand?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:38 PM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
Khameir wrote:
Anyway...

I see it about the same. Blizzard is effectively doing what SoE did with EQ2 but not releasing a second game. They're going to cook up some 101 Creative Writing level lore to "drastically changed the world". Some of the info that has been posted with either "reliable sources" or flat out data mined I can believe...but some of it is pretty far out there.
darknight

Was thinking the same thing. Eq2 but with cartoon graphics.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:10 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
I can't say I'm jumping up and down in anticipation but I really like the continued lore and use of the pre-existing world. I never really liked the whole "Oh hey guys we found a continent check it out" in EverQuest. This is the best way in my opinion to carry on the story, which is the driving force of an MMO (okay maybe 2nd to gameplay).

I barely understand the Worgen thing though. It seems like Goblins were the easy choice and then they were scrounging around for an alliance race...again. Horde gets the best races I guess.

Thrall as the new guardian instead of Med'an? Doesn't Thrall have enough work to do? He's already leader of the orcs AND the Horde. Thrall is going to flip the fuck out from stress and over work and summon Sargeras into the world after being "possessed" by Deathwing mind missles. Give this guy a break.

...oh I just read the part about Garrosh. Thrall is a fucking idiot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:10 PM 
Spider Slayer

Ya, I don't like Garrosh taking over either. He was being an emo chimp in Nagrand presumably all his life and now he's supposed to be a badass that can fight Thrall evenly?

Gilneas was originally a human kingdom so I can understand that, but I hope if they plan on giving their human forms updated models that they update the *human* human models.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:40 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:08 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Urban renewal? So many empty zones. It matches with the Onyxia revamp. Adds some nostalgia with new encounter, same name, new loot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:08 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
I wish everquest would of stopped at POP and just added stuff to all the old world content. I would of still been playing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:15 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

It is confirmed btw, 100% of what was posted is coming true, just announced at the opening ceremonies

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:35 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

I am watching the Panel right now on the Expansion I will update as I go in a new thread

Offline Profile