WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Fresh from MMO Champion...

Quote:
Quote from: Nethaera
We wanted to give everyone a very early heads-up that, in response to player requests, we’re developing a new service for World of Warcraft that will allow players to change their faction from Alliance to Horde or Horde to Alliance. There’s still much work to do and many details to iron out, but the basic idea is that players will be able to use the service to transform an existing character into a roughly equivalent character of the opposing faction on the same realm. Players who ended up creating and leveling up characters on the opposite factions from their friends have been asking for this type of functionality for some time, and we’re pleased to be getting closer to being able to deliver it.

As with all of the features and services we offer, we intend to incorporate the faction-change service in a way that won’t disrupt the gameplay experience on the realms, and there will be some rules involved with when and how the service can be used. The number of variables involved increases the complexity of implementing this service, but we plan to take the time needed to ensure that it lives up to expectations before officially rolling it out. We’ll go into much more detail on all of this here at http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com as development progresses. In the meantime, we wanted to let you know that because this type of functionality requires extensive internal testing well in advance of release, you may be seeing bits and pieces of the service in the test builds we use for the public test realms moving forward.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:51 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Oh......my god lol.

So this is what a death rattle sounds like.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:17 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
Think about it though, they really had two options...

Allow Alliance & Horde to communicate/group/raid together or allow players to change factions for a fee...and since Blizzard is all about nickel and diming people, the fee makes more sense.

We called this 3 years ago when talking about population imbalance...

Just watch, a year or so from now Blizzard will have a "Rent-a-Legendary" service, where for $9.95 a month you too can have a Val'anyr without the hassle of earning it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:28 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
So this is what a death rattle sounds like.

More like coin jingling.

As in, they have lots of coin.

And it's jingling.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:29 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
I'd actually use this service. My first toon was an alliance gnome mage that I ditched to go horde with some friends and be able to raid. I miss the mage, but I refuse to level another mage when I already have one....so it'd be nice to have that mage back. :p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:20 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I can just hear the screaming, shrieking outrage of the horde from here.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:55 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

How long until the two factions "unite" to take out Arthas together, complete with communication / raiding / grouping with horde/alliance?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:18 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:

It's funny because on some boards people are insisting, "omg so good for horde, alliance are gonna be so pissed" and others are insisting, "omg so good for alliance, horde are gonna be so pissed."

When will people realize that the two really aren't all that different?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:54 AM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

Actually, it will be Bov.

This is a bad thing for the Horde more then Alliance, because now those top end guilds that have high turnover due to burnout can turn to the top geared horde players to recruit from. Granted it will happen on a smaller scale for Alliance to Horde, but, this is going to hurt them.

Also, word from up on high is that WoW is looking 9 months till Arthas, with no level change from 80, and 2 planned expansions after that. So, the game isn't looking at another expansion until well into 2010 / beginning of 2011.

Between now and then, you'll see the faction barrier dissolve.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:11 AM 

Maybe it's just on my server, but I've found there's around 2x more retardation and general childishness on the Alliance side as opposed to the Horde side. I played on both sides, and raided with a number of different guilds and pugs and vent was FILLED with kiddies whenever I raided on the Alliance side while I heard substantially more adults on Horde. This changed a bit I think when they introduced Blood Elves to our side, and I saw it even out a little... but it still holds true for the most part from what I've seen and heard. Again, might just be my server.

Anyway, this transfer service surprised me. I still think it's a little silly that they allow all this and they don't allow race changes on the grand "principle" that there are specific gameplay changes when switching races. If anything, they should allow them because 1) They have made *innumerable* changes to racials since release, and it's hard to expect people to re-roll every time things get re-balanced by Blizz and 2) People will most ASSUREDLY spend money on it - I think it's the one thing I actually might be tempted to pay a service fee for.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:47 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
To me the most simple way to create the cross-faction thing would be to let the existing Alliance races to be able to forsake the bonds of the Alliance and swear allegiance to the Hoard. Then to let the existing Horde races to submit to the Alliance. Each "convert" would have to do a series of quests to raise faction so they could enter and use the former enemy's cities while losing faction with the other.

That way there would not need to be a whole rebuild of the races/classes/cities. However it would require two things that WoW is seriously lacking in right now. 1) Imagination and creativity of the development team and 2) A willingness by the player base to actually work for something.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:03 PM 

I'm going to say that 2 is the biggest obstacle here! =p Seriously, the entire playerbase wants everything handed to them and Blizz is more than willing to lend the helping hand in every facet of the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:00 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Bovinity Divinity wrote:
Quote:

It's funny because on some boards people are insisting, "omg so good for horde, alliance are gonna be so pissed" and others are insisting, "omg so good for alliance, horde are gonna be so pissed."

When will people realize that the two really aren't all that different?

Different no, but the horde have always had the "were better because we're older, more mature and more organized. We own at pvp and blah blah". I remember the huge hissyfit threads when horde were getting BE pallys because they knew there were going to be a ton of alliance rerolls...etc

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:14 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Levelled and raided on horde and alliance toons on PVE and PVP servers. I never noticed any substantial difference between the factions, aside from horde usually being outnumbered.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:41 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Blood Elves leveled the field for the "pretty players." Both sides are full of cockwhores, now there's equity.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:37 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
Levelled and raided on horde and alliance toons on PVE and PVP servers. I never noticed any substantial difference between the factions, aside from horde usually being outnumbered.

Ditto.

On both sides I experienced pretty much equal amounts of cockgobbing asstastic dumbfucks.

Also on both sides I experienced equal amounts of, "omg alliance sucks I'm rerolling horde." and "omg horde sucks I'm rerolling alliance"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

The only reason the Horde seems to have less retards is that there were less horde. That is changing. Also, when thinking of transfers, you have to think of the retards that will go "OMG I can take my uber geared player to horde now and own at pvp because all horde instantly own at pvp. It's like a racial or something!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:27 PM 

Nah, I was talking percentage-wise from 4+ years experience on a single server, and after being on around 100 different vent servers listening to them.

Quote:
Blood Elves leveled the field for the "pretty players." Both sides are full of cockwhores, now there's equity.

It definitely did to some degree, but never forget the human faction - "I want to play a pretty human BECAUSE I AM HUMAN IRL!!!".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:02 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Players of opposing factions should have been able to group from the beginning on pve servers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:30 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
EDIT: Sold

Last edited by Givin Wetwillies on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:00 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:28 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Good luck. WoW accounts just don't sell anymore it seems. Been trying to unload my 4 80's for a while now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:52 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
I've leveled and raided as both alliance and horde. Alliance absolutely has a much MUCH larger asshat population. *sigh*

The thing that makes me saddest about this service is the fact that people will lose out on the rich questing on both sides. I mean...half the fun of rerolling the other side was going through all that.

I wish they'd make people have a high level toon before they did it, but oh well. As soon as they allowed pvp xfers from non-pvp...this was coming.

I don't think we'll see 'rent a legendary' but I bet we'll see something where people come back and for a fee all their shit is upgraded so they can hop right into raiding/pvp.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:50 PM 

Quote:
I don't think we'll see 'rent a legendary' but I bet we'll see something where people come back and for a fee all their shit is upgraded so they can hop right into raiding/pvp.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see this. I think on that day my time on WoW will likely draw to a close, if not sooner. I'm overall discontent with a decent portion of the game - but I'm still enjoying a few of the finer aspects such as raiding Ulduar 25 and 10-man(enjoy 25 much more TBH) and doing some arena.

If I find something worth tossing all the time spent away for, I'm all over it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:52 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I said a long time ago that if they ever added a service like this I'd likely put the game aside and wait for something else because the factions being separate from the start was pointless and would create nothing but population imbalance....and it did.

I wouldn't go as far as to call this service a death rattle for the game either. From a business perspective its a smart move.

If I were still interested in playing I'm not saying that I wouldn't transfer my Alliance Paladin and convert him to Horde (God I'd have to be a Blood Elf, yuk) but likely the service is going to cost an insane amount of money...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:41 AM 

At worst probably 15 bucks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:07 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Venen wrote:

Yeah, I'm not seeing what the big deal is.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:55 AM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

When Everquest server change requests became a reality, it was $50 for that (I don't know if it still is now). I bet Blizzard could get away with a similar price for this service.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:33 AM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

$75.00, actually when EQ started them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:56 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Argrax wrote:
Venen wrote:

Yeah, I'm not seeing what the big deal is.

What I was referring to would be cases like mine, where not only would one have to change faction but servers as well. So I'd likely have to pay $25 for moving the Paladin then whatever the Faction Change fee will be (I think it'll also be $25)...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:17 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
So $50 is an insane amount of money.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:04 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Neesha the Necro wrote:
So $50 is an insane amount of money.

Oh forgive me, I forgot that everyone on the planet besides myself seem to have large amounts of disposable income and can just throw $50 bills at games they already pay for whenever they want.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:44 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

No need to get bent out of shape. I just usually don't associate "an INSANE amount of money" to $50.

Quote:
So if you've got to drop $50 for 1 story but get access to all the multiplayer, I think thats fine.

You did say this, right?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:57 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Neesha the Necro wrote:
No need to get bent out of shape. I just usually don't associate "an INSANE amount of money" to $50.

Quote:
So if you've got to drop $50 for 1 story but get access to all the multiplayer, I think thats fine.

You did say this, right?

Yeah, I did. The reason why I think paying $50 for 1 of the 3 SC2 boxes is fine is because no matter which box you buy you still get to play all 3 races on Battle Net and as most of us intelligent people know the only reason to buy SC2 is going to be for playing it online. 30 Single Player Missions plus access to Free Online Multiplayer is worth $50...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:55 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Lighten up, Francis.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:49 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I do think people are taking this waaaaaay too seriously.

But anyway, on the topic of Givin's post, are we allowed to post accounts for sale here or in the trade section? Wasn't sure if that was kosher or not....because if so, I have an account with 4 semi-to-well geared 80's and 2 70's rotting.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:42 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Achievement whores will get a moist patch in their pants if they are allowing you to keep your faction specific achievements...if they wiped those then hmm...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:04 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Bovinity Divinity wrote:
But anyway, on the topic of Givin's post, are we allowed to post accounts for sale here or in the trade section? Wasn't sure if that was kosher or not....because if so, I have an account with 4 semi-to-well geared 80's and 2 70's rotting.

I'd say the Lanys Swap Meet section of the forums would be best...unless I'm blind the rules didn't say anything about MMO Accounts.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:45 AM 

But why post it here? Most of us have WoW accounts, and a large subset of us actually hate it. I don't think our bitching and moaning in the WoW forum is going to convince anyone to buy, either.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:15 AM 

Not trying to be edgy, but truth be told, I don't really care if it is or is not against any "rules".

I sold one this way because I didn't want it, I will try again with the second one. Fuck it doesn't even have to be money. I don't give two shits about this game anymore.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:25 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I've got a used nerf gun with no ammo.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:14 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
But why post it here? Most of us have WoW accounts, and a large subset of us actually hate it. I don't think our bitching and moaning in the WoW forum is going to convince anyone to buy, either.

There's no such thing as bad exposure!

Really though, it seems like WoW accounts just aren't selling. I figure a lot of that is the ease in which you can just level something to 80 and gear it out nowadays.

I see people selling full T8 chars with lots of achievements, titles, gold, mounts, some unique stuff, etc etc and it seems like they can't unload it for even $300.

Hell, even mine with 4 80's and 2 70's, with some decent gear on some of the 80's, some titles, achievements, a server first, Champion of the Naaru title, some cool mounts, etc hasn't had a single serious bite at $500.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:18 AM 

Heh, judging from these boards I think I'm one of the few people that still plays it, and even I don't have much interest in these offers =p I already have 6 80's(1 with almost all Ulduar gear, pvp set, bunch of achieves, 2 with 25-man naxx gear + a little pvp gear, and some 10-man naxx stuff on the rest, all epic flying), 1 level 70 and a level 60, and around 20k g. I can't think of anything I could want at this point.

No complaints about selling here, I'm just not sure who would buy unless Argrax is in the market.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:36 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I'm actually still playing, I just lost interest in most of my 80's that I leveled "just to try them".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:41 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Anyone want a Rogue in Ulduar 25 gear?!! HE HAS 8/8 BLOODFANG, TOO!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:51 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Venen wrote:
Heh, judging from these boards I think I'm one of the few people that still plays it, and even I don't have much interest in these offers =p I already have 6 80's(1 with almost all Ulduar gear, pvp set, bunch of achieves, 2 with 25-man naxx gear + a little pvp gear, and some 10-man naxx stuff on the rest, all epic flying), 1 level 70 and a level 60, and around 20k g. I can't think of anything I could want at this point.

No complaints about selling here, I'm just not sure who would buy unless Argrax is in the market.

As ironic as it is that I trumpet Blizzard the most on these boards, I have but a single level 80 and am quite content with him.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:35 PM 

Someone in fact, did want it.

I said it didn't have to be cash. Someone actually read the post.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:20 PM 
Spider Slayer

Welp...my guild implosion is imminent. Can't motivate people to play better and show up more often and everyone we recruit shows up to a couple raids and is never seen again or gets discouraged because we have to learn every fucking farm fight again because we have new players in key spots like offtank or healers that apparently can't play whackamole yet letting tanks drop on easymode IC, and suck ass DPS. Last night's Hodir not a single caster broke 6k.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:23 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

A guild implosion in the summer? Say it ain't so!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:25 PM 

Yeah my guild imploded a month ago about a week after I quit. Boredom and tired of weird drunk/high rants in vent from complete assholes who themselves weren't even very good at the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:26 PM 

I'm a little surprised someone wanted it, who is this hidden WoW player who is willing to fork over "something" for WoW stuff?!?!?! Identify yourself, heathen!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:32 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

We've seen the small guild coalition against the axis of evil. A couple guilds, none of them able to field 25 players, so they joint raid. The only downside is we had KT stolen twice by someone we pugged in. There are actually quite a few free agents who pug into a lot of raids and are quality players.

When 3.2 hits everyone will be 5man conquest mark farming. Nothing like running 6 hrs of naxx25 and getting nothing to motivate you to running 6x 5 mans instead for 25-30 conquest marks. 5 mans can also be more fun, and folks dont get carrier like a 25 man.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:39 AM 

Wow, apparently this is live. I guess they needed some more revenue.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:56 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

joxur wrote:
I guess they needed some more revenue.
Doesn't everyone?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:48 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Faction change just went live !!!

I already changed my human warrior over to orc.
Then I'll move him to my current pvp server.

He's level 35 !!! That will save me a week of play for $30.
My DK tank isn't cutting it, time to do a warrior.

I'm tired of healing on my priest, want tank/dps setup.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:04 PM 

I thought about converting my warrior to orc just to walk around in my gear a little, then remembered that I didn't really like playing my warrior. heh

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:23 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Slyfinger
WoW: Booji
Quote:
I'm a little surprised someone wanted it, who is this hidden WoW player who is willing to fork over "something" for WoW stuff?!?!?! Identify yourself, heathen!

It was me. As much as I love WoW, it's just too hard.

Offline Profile