It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:24 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3.2
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:05 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Almost time to tell us how much fun we'll have in the new Argent Dawn instance!
Damn, Givin, you called it.

http://www.worldofraids.com/wow-blue-tr ... pment.html

Patch 3.2

The upcoming major content patch, Call of the Crusade, will bring a host of new features for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King.

The Argent Tournament Expands: With the help of Azeroth's heroes, the Argent Crusade will finish the Argent Coliseum just in time to call for all brave citizens to prepare for battle with the Lich King. New dailies, rewards, and more will be available at the Argent Tournament grounds to lure adventurers into the coliseum.

Crusaders' Coliseum: In order to prepare for a siege on Icecrown Citadel, players will be called by the Argent Crusade to test their mettle in the Coliseum. 5-player, 10-player, and 25-player challenges await inside.

New Battleground: Isle of Conquest, a new large-scale siege Battleground, will be open. The Horde and Alliance will battle head-to-head for control of strategic resources to lay siege to the keeps of their opponents.

New Arena Season: Season 7 will officially start, paving the way for all-new items and challenges.

Oh, and also from 3.2...

In the next major content patch we will be removing the prismatic quality of the jewelcrafter-only Dragon’s Eye gems. Like other gems, they will have to match the socket color to receive a socket bonus. When this change occurs, players with qualifying jewelcrafting skill will be provided a yet to be determined amount of Dalaran Jewelecrafter Tokens as compensation.

Last edited by joxur on Fri May 22, 2009 2:45 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 3.2
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:42 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
What do you mean by Hyjal 2.0?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:45 PM 

Ahh sorry, I reposted the full post from my guild forum that someone else wrote.. I didn't actually write it, heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:47 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
What does he mean? :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:53 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
something is wrong about the way colosseum is spelled. idk if i got it right either but i'm fairly certain the one used x2 in the op is wrong

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:22 PM 

You learn something every day. I actually Googled this because I'm THAT bored on a Friday night.

Websters online defines coliseum
1 : capitalized : COLOSSEUM 1
2 : a large sports stadium or building designed like the Colosseum for public entertainments

and colosseum
1 : capitalized : an amphitheater built in Rome in the first century A.D.
2 : COLISEUM 2

they're both right!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:15 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Dunno bout the patch, but they've declared martial law on anyone posting anything even remotely negative about the game lately. Bans are being handed out left and right as if there is some new mod attempting to make a name for himself.

Hell I've not been banned in 4 years of posting and suddenly got a 3 day ban for posting in a pally/dk thread that was deleted.....I come off ban tonight to post a gripe thread that it took us 45 minutes to resolve a "Additional instances cannot be blah blah".......and get a 7 day ban. No profanity.....etc. Regular and valid thread = a ban for a week.

It's like they are suddenly desperate to stem the flow of negative customers....of which lately there is a truckload.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:45 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Personally I am waiting on Aion so I can quit WoW and go be disappointed with it so I can return to WoW a month later in double disgust.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:32 AM 

Looks like an interesting patch. /shrug, I still have quite a bit to do in Ulduar(I'm looking forward to trying out some of the hardmodes) so hopefully this is a sign that the content will keep flowing in. If Ulduar is any sign of things to come, things are looking up IMO.

I still hold out no hope that they will develop anything interesting for PVP, though. Next battleground will probably be stupid as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:31 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

This game is always fun when we go back to play it and we talk about how fun it is...for about 2 months. After which, we quit for about 6-10 months muttering how lame it is now. There's something dysfunctional about my relationship with this game, and I'm not sure what it is.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:58 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Elessar wrote:
This game is always fun when we go back to play it and we talk about how fun it is...for about 2 months. After which, we quit for about 6-10 months muttering how lame it is now. There's something dysfunctional about my relationship with this game, and I'm not sure what it is.

I hear ya man....and I don't even have time to raid anymore. I pretty much do fishing dailys on 2 chars, and perhaps level my lock a bit. I've actually found myself logging out in boredom...something I've never really done.

Gathering is useless currently what with the gigantic explosion of hackerbots all over WG and icecrown. Ore isn't even worth selling, nor are hides. Herbs are starting to take a hit and fish you might as well vendor. That map drop warp hack that they are using is just insane.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:28 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Lovely, botting is back again? I figured with Lax giving up on IsxWarden, that would be the end of it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:24 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Botting in combination with this thing where they can drop under the map and still move around, mine, gather, etc. They can also run through the air at like 5x mount speed. Lot of videos on youtube now, and I've personally seen 5 or 6 in WG. It's even worse now since no one goes to WG after the nerf to it.

Saronite ore is like 10g a stack now because you got people selling 1000 stacks. There are bots that do skinning in sholazar while mining...etc

The ones you can actually see look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr0NHjptn_Y Most of them are DK's since they can start right out at 55 and use the warp to just go right to WG. Others are rogues for some reason.

There seem to be several hacks in use as there is also one that allows them to not agro mobs like some sort of phasing exploit.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:41 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Blizzard never could keep up with botters. They gave people the illusion of them fighting botters by flagging lots of accounts then banning them all at once. Blizzard also counts every single trial account that gets created then spams trade chat until getting banned towards their total subscribers. It's all about appearances to them. =x

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:45 AM 

Quote:
Blizzard also counts every single trial account that gets created then spams trade chat until getting banned towards their total subscribers.
I seriously doubt that.

Offline Profile