It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:43 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:11 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

Priest (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Divine Spirit – this spell is now a core ability available to all priests.
* Discipline has access to a new talent, Power Word: Barrier. (Think of it as Power Word: Shield for your whole group).
* Several area of effect (AOE) heal spells have been improved: Prayer of Healing can be cast on any groups in your raid party. Holy Nova’s mana cost has been reduced. Circle of Healing now heals for more.
* Shadow priest PvP survivability has been improved: Shadow Form now reduces magic as well as physical damage. Dispersion now removes snares.
* Penance – this spell can now be targeted on the priest.
* Serendipity – this talent now reduces the cast time of Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing when Binding Heal or Flash Heal are cast.
* We are also working to give Holy additional PvP utility.

Rogue (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Hunger for Blood – instead of a self-buff, this ability can only be used when there is a bleed effect on the target. However, it has no stacks and grants a 15% damage bonus.
* Adrenaline Rush – the cooldown on this ability has been lowered.
* Lightning Reflexes – reduced to 3 ranks. In addition to 2/4/6% dodge, this talent now also grants 4/7/10% passive melee haste.
* Killing Spree – while this ability is active, the rogue does 20% additional damage.
* Savage Combat – now causes 2/4% physical damage done.
* Mace Specialization – this talent now grants haste in addition to armor penetration.

Shaman (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Chain Lightning – now jumps to 4 targets but does less damage. We wanted to make the distinction between Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning more clear.
* Storm, Earth and Fire – this talent now increases all damage done by Flame Shock, not just periodic damage.
* Spirit Weapons – now reduces all threat, not just melee threat.
* Unleashed Rage – reduced to 2 ranks, now also increases your critical strike chance with melee attacks by 1/2%.
* Totem streamlining: The Mana Spring and Healing Stream Totems have been combined. The Disease Cleansing and Poison Cleansing Totems have been combined.
* We are also working on giving Enhancement and Elemental more PvP utility.

Warlock (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Improved Shadow Bolt – this talent now provides a 5% spell critical strike buff (similar to Improved Scorch).
* Improved Soul Leech – this talent now provides Replenishment (similar to shadow priests)
* Drain Soul now has a chance to produce Soul Shards even if the target doesn’t die.
* Siphon Life no longer as an active ability but the talent grants the old Siphon Life effect to Corruption.
* Curse of Recklessness and Curse of Weakness have been combined into one spell
* Consume Shadows – this Voidwalker ability is no longer channeled but has a cooldown.
* Several other warlock talents have had their ranks reduced, their effects changed or removed. This list includes but is not limited to Demonic Empathy, Shadow Embrace, Eradication, Suppression, and Pandemic.
* Additional new talents have been added.

Druid (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Savage Defense – this is a new passive ability. When a druid in Dire Bear form deals a melee critical strike, the druid gains a damage shield equal to 25% of their attack power. The next hit completely removes the shield regardless of how much damage was done.
* Survival of the Fittest has had its bonus armor reduced to compensate for the above increase in damage mitigation.
* Faerie Fire (and similar debuffs) now reduces armor by 5%. See Sunder Armor in the warrior update below for additional details.
* Thorns and Nature’s Grasp can be cast in Tree of Life form.
* Survival Instincts now works in Moonkin form.
* Replenish – to avoid confusion, this talent has been renamed “Revitalize.” It now also works with Wild Growth.
* We are also looking at increasing the sustained (not burst) damage of feral druids in cat form.

Warrior (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Changing stances now has a much reduced cost: you lose a maximum of 20 rage (10 with Tactical Mastery). For example, if you have 100 rage and change stances, you will have 80 rage remaining. If you have 10 rage and change stances, all of your rage is lost. In addition, we may change the penalties associated with some stances.
* You now gain rage when damage done to you is absorbed, such as through a Power Word: Shield.
* Blood Frenzy now causes 2/4% physical damage done.
* Sunder Armor (and similar debuffs) now reduces armor by 4% per application, and is now a single rank. Creature armor has been globally reduced so that debuffed targets should take about the same damage from physical attacks that they did before this change. The net effect should be that this debuff is slightly less mandatory in PvE and is not disproportionately more powerful against cloth targets in PvP.
* We are also adding increased damage to Arms, possibly through Overpower or Slam.
* We are also looking at granting rage when the warrior blocks, dodges or parries.

More to come

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:26 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Pretty underwhelming for warriors. They need to overhaul the stance system, not simply remove the rage penalties and reduce other penalties.

Quote:
* We are also looking at granting rage when the warrior blocks, dodges or parries.
That should have been added with 3.0. Rage isn't really an issue but that is one way to help it scale as we get better gear. nothing like doing old content in gear that is two progression levels past and not having rage due to avoiding and mitigating so much damage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:16 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Holy Priest buffs would make me happy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:50 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
Pretty underwhelming for warriors.

Those look like pretty damn huge changes to me, I dunno how you could claim they're underwhelming.

Maybe for DPS warriors the changes look meh, but from the standpoint of a tanking/PvP warrior some of that stuff is quite appealing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:59 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

As we have suggested, we have become concerned that mana regeneration is currently too powerful, especially for healers. We want players to have to keep an eye on mana. We don’t want you to go out of mana every fight, but running out of mana should be a very real risk for sloppy playing or attempting content that you aren’t yet ready for. When mana regeneration is trivial then certain parts of the game break down – classes that offer Replenishment are devalued, stats that offer mana regeneration are devalued, and spells that are efficient are neglected in preference to spells with high throughput.

Here are a list of changes you are likely to see in 3.1. They will be available to try out on the PTR. Mana regeneration is somewhat technical, so please bear with us.

* Regeneration while not casting (outside of the “five second rule”) will be decreased. We think that (1) the ability to cast heal over time spells and then sit back and (2) benefitting from a clearcasting proc that also gets you out of the five second rule both provide too much mana regeneration, even over short time periods.
* To make this change, we are reducing mana regeneration granted by Spirit across the board. However we are also boosting the effects of talents such as Meditation that increase regeneration while casting. The net result should be that your regeneration while casting will stay about the same, but your not-casting regeneration will be reduced. This change will have little impact on dps casters, since they are basically always casting.
* The specific talents and abilities being boosted are: Arcane Meditation, Improved Spirit Tap, Intensity, Mage Armor, Meditation, Pyromaniac and Spirit Tap. Yes this makes these “mandatory” talents even more mandatory, if such a thing is possible.
* Since paladins rely less on Spirit as a mana-regeneration stat, we have to address them in other ways. We don’t want to change Illumination or Replenishment. However, we are going to increase the healing penalty on Divine Plea from 20% to 50%. Divine Plea was originally intended to help Protection and Retribution paladins stay full on mana. It should be a decision for Holy paladins, not something that is automatically used every cooldown.
* In addition, we are also changing the way Spiritual Attunement works. In situations with a large amount of outgoing raid damage, as well as in PvP, this passive ability was responsible for more mana regeneration than we would like. We want to keep the necessary benefit it grants to tanking Protection paladins, while making it less powerful for Holy paladins in PvP or raid encounters with a lot of group damage.
* We are also taking a close look at clearcasting procs themselves. One likely outcome is to change them to an Innervate-like surge of mana so that the net benefit is the same, but healers won’t shift to out-of-casting regeneration so often.
* We balance around the assumption that even 10-player groups have someone offering Replenishment. To make this even easier on players we are likely to offer this ability to additional classes, as well as make sure that existing sources of Replenishment are more equitable.
* These changes are ultimately being done to bring the different healing classes more in line with each other as well as to give the encounter team more leeway when designing encounters, who can balance with these new mana regeneration numbers in mind. In a world with infinite healer mana, the only way to challenge healers is with increasingly insane amount of raid damage, so that global cooldowns become the limiting factor since mana fails to be. An example is the Eredar Twins in late Sunwell. We weren’t necessarily happy with that model, and this change hopefully allows us to move towards giving healing a more deliberate and thoughtful pace rather than frenetic spam.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:43 PM 
Spider Slayer

Hard to say whether or not the combat tree changes for rogue will push it over mutilate. HAT is still the #1 spec on WWS. Even after the bug fix there's a 10k Anub'rekhan parse.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:20 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

it all depends on the rest of the changes to the other trees. I will reserve judgment for when it's all laid out on the table.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:30 PM 

Well Bov, the last major content patch, 3.0, completely redid the spec. Prot is so good that there's really not a whole lot that's even needed. I honestly have nothing on my wish list. everything listed is nice, and will be cool, but won't really change much about how I play.

Everything I want revolves around gear:

- More blacksmith and other prof recipes relevant to tanking.
- More trinket drops that are actually decent
- Give us a ranged item so we don't have to use the same gun for 2 years like TBC
- Itemize defense more consistently so that I don't have to re-gem 3-4 fucking gems and re-do enchants when I get an upgrade just to get back to the damned def cap.

The only real thing on my list is for them to fundamentally change stances to a more aura-like system. Stances seem a bit antiquated in today's WoW. But I don't really care that much. /shrug

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:27 PM 

Quote:
Those look like pretty damn huge changes to me, I dunno how you could claim they're underwhelming.

Maybe for DPS warriors the changes look meh, but from the standpoint of a tanking/PvP warrior some of that stuff is quite appealing.

The stance change seems particularly bothersome to me for PVP. I cannot count the number of times I've needed to switch stances with low rage for intercepts and shield reflects. So if you're down to 15 rage and you switch now, you can't intercept. That's downright scary. And right now, at least from what I've seen on the Armory, there aren't exactly a shitload of warriors at Glad level right now.

It's nicer if you're already at high rage, but a huge fuckin nerf if you happen to end up below 20 rage at any point in time. The negatives outweigh the benefits in my mind, especially near the start of fights where you're at low rage and perhaps chasing someone down.

Prot warriors I can't say that any of this matters all that much. They're already pretty solid, minus serious AOE tanking.

None of the other stuff looks particularly appetizing... I suppose if they improve Arms enough to become viable that would be nice, but they didn't go into details so it's up in the air. Either way Arms is useless for both PVE and PVP(not having damage in a burst-heavy PVP environment sucks) right now, so the only direction it could go is up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:41 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Mage (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Improved Water Elemental – this talent has been removed and replaced with a new talent that grants Replenishment (similar to Shadow priests).
* We are also working on a way to give frost mages Ice Lance “Shatter combos” in PvE.
* We are also working on more survivability for Fire spec in PvP.
* We are also working on making Spirit a more useful and interesting stat for all mages.

Paladin (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Blessing of Kings – this spell is now a base ability trainable by all paladins.
* Exorcism – this spell now causes damage to all types of enemy targets. However, it always critical strikes undead or demon targets. This change should make sure paladin damage doesn’t drop when going from Naxxramas to later tiers of content.
* Shield of the Templar now causes your Avenger’s Shield and Shield of the Righteousness to silence targets for 3 sec. The old damage bonus of this talent has been folded into Holy Shield, Avenger’s Shield, and Shield of the Righteousness.
* Ardent Defender, Improved Hammer of Justice, One-Handed Weapon Specialization and more have had their ranks reduced.
* Guarded by the Light – no longer reduces the mana cost of shield spells, but now has a 50/100% chance to refresh Divine Plea duration.
* Judgements of the Just – now also reduces the cooldown of Hammer of Justice by 10/20 seconds and increases the duration of the Seal of Justice stun effect by 0.5/1 second.

Hunter (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Consumable ammunition has been removed from the game. Arrows and bullets no longer stack, but are not consumed. Ranged attack speed bonus gained from quivers and ammo bags will be preserved in a different capacity.
* A new tier of hunter pet talents have been added. In particular, this allows Beastmaster hunters to improve their damage per second (DPS) with their 51 point talent.
* Hunting Party – this talent has been reduced to 3 ranks and also grants a passive bonus to the hunter.
* Piercing Shots – this talent has been changed. Your Aimed, Steady and Chimera Shots cause the target to bleed for 10/20/30% of damage dealt for 8 sec.
* Sniper Training – this talent has been changed. After standing still for 6 sec, you gain a 2/4/6% damage bonus to Steady, Aimed and Explosive Shot.
* We are also looking to add additional trap functionality to Survival.

Death Knight (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Gargoyle and Unholy Blight have swapped talent positions. Gargoyle’s damage has increased and runic power cost per time has decreased.
* Pestilence – this spell no longer causes damage but just spreads diseases. Blood Boil is intended to be the general area attack, and has been changed to be castable on targets with no diseases on them, but does extra damage if diseases are present.
* Unbreakable Armor now absorbs a flat amount of damage that increases as your armor increases. It no longer boosts armor.
* The Frost tree has been shuffled. Among other things, PvP talents such as Endless Winter are closer to the top of the tree where Blood and Unholy death knights can access them.
* Sudden Doom – this talent now procs a Death Coil rather than requiring an additional button click. It works similarly to shamans’ Lightning Overload.
* Magic Suppression and Blood of the North have been reduced to 3 ranks for the same benefit.
* Blood Gorged now grants armor penetration instead of expertise.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:50 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
What a stupid change to pestilence.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:14 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

"* We are also working on making Spirit a more useful and interesting stat for all mages."

Why start now?

At least the Ice Lance thing is good. Not being able to successfully use one of our main Frost abilities on bosses blows. I really enjoy being a frost mage, but the boss DPS is so lacking, its ridiculous.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:30 AM 

Honestly, I hope the class changes don't hold back the release in any way. I'd be happier if they saved those for 3.1.5 or something, and just release the damned content faster.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:31 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Yeah, Spirit has been such an ill-conceived stat for so long. And they keep band-aiding it for a lot of classes by slapping in, "You get X% of spirit as X other stat!" talents.

Just delete the entire stat altogether or leave classes alone that don't actually need it. Shoo.

The new druid tank ability looks...odd. Probably going to be so many lag-oriented problems with it, too. I can just see rogues bitching that 4 attacks got eaten by a single shield, or druids mad that the shield didn't apply for 5 seconds after a crit the way a lot of "If X, then Y" abilities do right now.

Will it make druid tanks look at other stats now? Probably not. The selection is already so limited as it is, we're already using all the rogue DPS leather anyway because it's all they friggin gave us. And no tank druid is going to gem for AP/Crit/Str. Switching out some armor for some AP/Crit oriented mitigation really just leaves us even worse off, relying on some procs for that lost mitigation. Joyous.

Warlock changes look interesting. I like my lock...if only I could find the motivation to level more.

Rogue...Hunger for Blood dumbing down, bah. Wish they could have just made it less tedious to maintain out of combat while leaving the rotation aspect intact. Like freeze the duration while out of combat or something.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:00 AM 

They need to make a deep talent that gives Druids the ability to wear plate and spend the time up front to redesign it in line with the 3 other tanking classes. Problem solved. No more crazy weird fixes for itemization and mechanics.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:44 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Armor based on a talent? That makes perfect sense! Dual speccing Feral Tank/Feral DPS druids rejoice! You TOO can carry twice as much bullshit in your bags as say a Balance/Resto or Feral Tank/Resto! AMEN!

Get out of here with that BS.

Also...the way the shield thing is worded...melee hits...I'm assuming white hits...that's terrible. How often are you rage starved that you can't use Maul? I've never been that starved except for the first two mob swings on me (maybe). If it's based on white hits, it's terrible.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:52 AM 

Quote:
Armor based on a talent? That makes perfect sense! Dual speccing Feral Tank/Feral DPS druids rejoice! You TOO can carry twice as much bullshit in your bags as say a Balance/Resto or Feral Tank/Resto! AMEN!

Get out of here with that BS.

Also...the way the shield thing is worded...melee hits...I'm assuming white hits...that's terrible. How often are you rage starved that you can't use Maul? I've never been that starved except for the first two mob swings on me (maybe). If it's based on white hits, it's terrible.
The alternative is...what?

Continue itemizing a whole set of gear that only 1 spec of 1 class can use?

Try to fix that itemization by providing talents that reduce the dependency on defense gear, as they do now? All that does is make the druid pick rogue/cat gear, heavy with AP, crit, etc., and have to re-balance AGAIN so that druids don't do inordinate amounts of dps with all that rogue/cat gear compared to other tanks, who pick mitigation and avoidance gear. Every time Blizzard releases a new mechanic or philosophy for tanking, they itemize gear one way for 3 classes, and have to come up with rubber bands and duct tape for druids to compensate. As it is now, they only have to tweak some items for paladins, warriors and dk's based on some of the very minor differences between the classes. Next time they change something fundamental, they will need to introduce sweeping reforms to things like feral AP on staffs or bonus armor on other items.

All of that, every single bit, is because druids can't wear plate.

What new gear would my druid need to carry, exactly? I already carried items for cat dps vs. bear tanking, you idiot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:53 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:

Heh, we already carry around and bank a million pieces of gear. I'd be fine with even more if it meant a tanking class that made sense, didn't need fixing every other patch, and could be itemized in a way that made sense.

Quote:

It says melee hits. As in a hit made in melee. Yellow and white.

Quote:

Well, in all honesty they're not even doing that anymore. Druid tanks just wear rogue gear now. It's a really shitty situation with itemization right now IMO.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:58 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
MAYBE ROGUES SHOULD WEAR PLATE SO WE DON'T DIE SO EASY TOO!

Letting Druids wear plate would be just stupid. It's a hybrid class, take the good with the bad.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:59 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
MAYBE ROGUES SHOULD WEAR PLATE SO WE DON'T DIE SO EASY TOO!

Letting Druids wear plate would be just stupid. It's a hybrid class, take the good with the bad.

That was a stupid comment, sir. Didn't even make sense in this context.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:09 AM 
Spider Slayer

the bears wore plate in golden compass, and we have tons of armored bears for mounts, logically bear druids need plate.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:31 AM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Jox, you do know about the epic tanking gun that engineers make?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:32 AM 

I think that's what he was talking about. The defacto warrior gun for TBC was the epic tanking gun that engineers made.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:36 AM 

OK, as an engineer that new gun, the chopper, and bullet/arrow machines is how I make some coin.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:41 AM 

they're taking away your bullet/arrow machine moneymakers heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:53 AM 

To illustrate my point:

Quote:
* Savage Defense – this is a new passive ability. When a druid in Dire Bear form deals a melee critical strike, the druid gains a damage shield equal to 25% of their attack power. The next hit completely removes the shield regardless of how much damage was done.

That is called block. Let me repeat. It's block. It will have the equivalent impact on tanking for bears that block has on warriors and paladins.

Based on the avg raid druids crit rate, and how much it absorbs via their AP, and compare to a warrior or paladin using block. Again, how often it fires and how much it absorbs.

Arguably better in theory since it would work for spell damage, too. So, it's block, but introduces even more balancing issues because it works on top of a druids existing mitigation, scales differently than block when fighting multiple mobs, etc.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:01 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

joxur wrote:
The alternative is...what?

Try to fix that itemization by providing talents that reduce the dependency on defense gear, as they do now? All that does is make the druid pick rogue/cat gear, heavy with AP, crit, etc., and have to re-balance AGAIN so that druids don't do inordinate amounts of dps with all that rogue/cat gear compared to other tanks, who pick mitigation and avoidance gear. Every time Blizzard releases a new mechanic or philosophy for tanking, they itemize gear one way for 3 classes, and have to come up with rubber bands and duct tape for druids to compensate. As it is now, they only have to tweak some items for paladins, warriors and dk's based on some of the very minor differences between the classes. Next time they change something fundamental, they will need to introduce sweeping reforms to things like feral AP on staffs or bonus armor on other items.

All of that, every single bit, is because druids can't wear plate.

What new gear would my druid need to carry, exactly? I already carried items for cat dps vs. bear tanking, you idiot.

You carried around a different piece for every single slot? I highly doubt that, idiot. As the others said, there isn't much to choose from right now anyways.

What you're talking about is making the druid tank into a watered down warrior. Okay, say we get plate, and survival of the fittest is changed to not grant armor/crit immunity. Then what? So we get that with gear and have ridiculous hit points . The other tank classes cry, bear form stamina/armor gets nerfed. Now we are a warrior without parry/block. Then what? Give druids the ability to tank with shields in their paws because it's magic?

Perhaps you need to look at the bigger picture here. It's not about every tank being the same. People don't play druid tanks because they are the best, they play them because it's different and druid tanks can handle different situations better than the other three tanks. Just like they tried to pigeon hole DKs into being the "magic tank" back in beta.

You want plate, go play one of those other tanks and stop bringing retarded suggestions about "fixing" bear tanking to the table.

As for Savage Defense being block...no...it's Savage Defense. It's most definitely going to scale better than block from the wording as AP will keep getting higher on nearly every piece of gear you will use as a bear.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:14 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
What you're talking about is making the druid tank into a watered down warrior. Okay, say we get plate, and survival of the fittest is changed to not grant armor/crit immunity. Then what? So we get that with gear and have ridiculous hit points . The other tank classes cry, bear form stamina/armor gets nerfed. Now we are a warrior without parry/block. Then what? Give druids the ability to tank with shields in their paws because it's magic?

Quote:
As for Savage Defense being block...no...it's Savage Defense. It's most definitely going to scale better than block from the wording as AP will keep getting higher on nearly every piece of gear you will use as a bear.

Spoken like someone who looks at names and pictures and hasn't spent much time looking at the underlying mechanics.

Watered down warrior? Have you not been paying attention? Look at druid and warrior abilities side by side lately? Savage Defense isn't block? Shields in their paws? Are you still not paying attention?

Making the tanking classes work in very similar manners is exactly what Blizzard HAS been doing, and Druids have been a thorn in the paw of that balance for years. When Joxur was talking about druids using plate, he wasn't saying it because he thought it would be a "buff" or something. He's saying it because from a balance and mechanics standpoint it would finally put an end to the endless series of bandaids, fixes, changes, itemization issues and other confusion that has surrounded druid tanks for ages.

Edit: No, I don't think it's a serious suggestion, nor do I think it would ever happen. And no, I don't think druids have any tanking problems, I doubt anyone is out to try to get big buffs or something. Just that it would probably be better in the long run if they just put an end to the most convoluted, messed up class and spec combo in the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:28 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Itemization would be so much easier if everyone just wore the same armor type.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:30 AM 

Isn't that essentially what they did with plate dps, plate tanks and cloth casters?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:48 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

I realize that. I've been watching the changes. Who cares what's easy for Blizzard though? Why can't you just enjoy being different and play the class?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:13 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Quote:
* Consumable ammunition has been removed from the game. Arrows and bullets no longer stack, but are not consumed. Ranged attack speed bonus gained from quivers and ammo bags will be preserved in a different capacity.
* A new tier of hunter pet talents have been added. In particular, this allows Beastmaster hunters to improve their damage per second (DPS) with their 51 point talent.

About time on the Ammo. For years they've been trying to tell us that "every class needs a money sink somewhere" bullshit. Well, Ammo is the biggest waste. I sat and looked at level 1 Ammo compared to level 75 Ammo...the min-max damage difference is so negligible that I (in theory) would still be within top 5 DPS every raid with level 1 Ammo. Plus, I'm glad to finally get my last bag slot back...now I need another 22 Slot bag.

As for the Pet Talent change, it still won't make BM as viable as it used it be. The only way for that to happen is for them to buff Steady Shot back up a reasonable amount...I mean, they thought SS was OP but Explosive Shot is FAR more OP (even with the little hotfix they applied).

The rest of the changes are meh...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:02 AM 

To continue the discussion about warrior changes, I was reading Tankspot this morning and realized that there is one mechanic they could improve to make life more fun as a warrior... the incessant spamming of heroic strike.

I have two bars for threat generation, standard abilities and then a bar I switch to when in infinite-rage situations that macro's all abilities to toss in a HS first. So, it's not as bad as it could be.

Still, making some sort of improvement so that I don't have to mash the buttons constantly would be nice. But it's mostly a convenience thing, and doesn't affect threat or strategy. Kind of like twisting as a bard, would be nice not to have to mash keys for 5 hours straight.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:16 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

It's the same way with maul for druids. I did the same thing you did basically, threw in a bunch of macros that just mash maul for me all the time when I'm feelign too lazy to think about it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:49 PM 

Pally tanking now is a series of buttons - Capt. America Shield, Holy Shield, Pally Cleve(HotR), Judgment, Pally shield bash (SotR), consecration, wash rinse repeat until Pally execute is active or if fighting undead/demon you can throw in an exorcism/holy wrath or if you need to use Pally Shield Wall (bubble). Shield/Hammer/Judge/bash/cons/hammer/shield/... is the basic repeat. They have different Cool Downs so mixing them just right is the key.

Ret Pally is also several buttons Judge, Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, Consecrate, (undead/demon spells), the execute. The cool-down management is A LOT easier with 4pc t7 but to maximize your DPS you can't just macro your way to victory.

It is more fun than it used to be (only a couple of abilities either way) but I am wearing out a group of buttons on my keyboard.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:07 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Yeah, druid tanking is like...get lacerate up, mangle, maul, maul, maul, mangle, maul, maul, maul....well, you get the idea.

The sad part is, I COULD spam swipe/lacerate on bosses to use up even more excess rage and generate more TPS, but I never really need to.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:56 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

World of Warcraft Client Patch 3.0.9

The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnot ... notes.html

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

Druid (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Ferocious Bite: This ability now only uses up to 30 energy in addition to its base cost.

Hunter (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Kindred Spirits (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet damage at max rank.
* Serpent’s Swiftness (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet attack speed at max rank.

Pets

* Lava Breath now reduces the target's casting speed by 25%, down from 50%.
* Poison Spit now reduces the target's casting speed by 25%, down from 50%.

Mage (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Arcane Power now increases damage and mana cost by 10%, cooldown reduced to 1 minute. (Note: The spell is actually different in game and increases damage and mana costs by 20% with a 2 minutes cooldown. However it would probably be better to wait until servers are online to confirm that.)
* Arcane Power and Presence of Mind now share a category cooldown. Arcane Power causes a 15 second cooldown. Presence of Mind, once consumed, causes a 1.5 second cooldown.
* Arcane Flows now reduces the cooldown of Presence of Mind, Arcane Power and Invisibility by 15/30%.
* Presence of Mind: The cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes, (down from 3.)
* Slow (Arcane): now increases cast time by 30%, down from 60%.

Glyphs

* Glyph of Arcane Missiles -- Increases the critical strike damage bonus of Arcane Missiles by 25%. (Old - Increases the range of Arcane Missiles by 5 yards.)
* Glyph of Mana Gem -- Increases the mana recieved from using a mana gem by 40%. (Up from 10%)
* Glyph of Arcane Blast -- Increases the damage from your Arcane Blast buff by 3%. (Down from 5%)

Paladin (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* The duration on all Seals has been increased to 30 minutes and can no longer dispelled.
* Divine Plea: The amount healed by your spells is reduced by 50% (up from 20%) but the effect can no longer be dispelled.
* Sanctified Seals: This talent no longer affects dispel resistance, but continues to affect crit chance.

Glyphs

* Glyph of Holy Light -- Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 8 yards of the initial target. (Down from 20 yards, Tooltip text fix, was already hotfixed to 8 yards in game)
* Glyph of Seal of Righteousness -- Increases the damage done by Seal of Righteousness by 10%. (Old - Reduces the cost of your Judgement spells by 10% while Seal of Righteousness is active.)

Priest (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Inner Fire duration has been increased to 30 minutes and can no longer dispelled.

Rogue (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Hunger for Blood (Assassination): Now increases damage 5% per stack, (up from 3%.)
* Mind Numbing Poison now reduces cast time by 30%, down from 60%.
* Mutilate damage will now do 20% increased damage against poisoned targets, down from 50%.
* Slice and Dice: This ability now increases melee attack speed by 40%, up from 30%.

Shaman (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Glyphs

* Glyph of Windfury Weapon -- Increases the chance per swing for Windfury Weapon to trigger by 2%. (Down from 5%)

Warlock (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Curse of Tongues: Now increases the casting time of all spells by 25% (Rank 1) and 30% (Rank 2), down from 50% and 60%.

Dungeons and Raids
The Obsidian Sanctum
Changed the color of the fissure in the Obsidian Sanctum to be more visually distinct.

User Interface

* The “GM wishes to speak with you” alert/button, at the top of the screen, has been changed so that addons do not obscure it.
* A clickable chat message has been added that duplicates the GM alert/button.
* When a GM wishes to speak with you the Help Request minibar button will glow.
* For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros forum .

Bug Fixes

* Fixed an issue where players using nVidia 3D glasses were unable to see spell cooldowns.
* Fixed a software mouse cursor bug that was causing the mouse curser to disappear from view when over certain UI elements.
* Fixed a player movement error in which other players were appearing to move erratically when traveling beside them.

Supposedly this is going live tomorrow.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:20 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
There go the Mutilate builds.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:22 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

Nah, number wise it's actually a net dps increase

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:45 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I was thinking about trying out the Fist weapon main hand/Sword offhand spec. Maybe with the change to LR it'll be worth a shit.

Just not sure which points I'd need to switch up to add LR. Thoughts?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:07 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Yeah, rogues and mages aren't dead with these changes...they're just changes to fix some of the insta-gib issues in PvP while not breaking their PvE damage. (or buffing it in some cases)

Frankly, I'm shocked that AP/PoM/Pyro wasn't torn down long ago, it's been one of the most retarded things in the game for a long time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:29 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

The poor mages at EJ are having a field day with all these arcane changes I'm sure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:50 AM 

Quote:
What you're talking about is making the druid tank into a watered down warrior.

Considering how easy it is to tank as a druid compared to a warrior, isn't it a little late for that? =p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:13 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Oh, the mage crying on forums yesterday and today has been hilarious. You would think none of them have ever seen a FOTM correction happen before.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:21 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

30 minutes on IF buff... nice... I forget to redo it.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but does it seem all too good to be true? 3.09 and 3.1?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:36 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Quote:
In our 3.1.0 class updates post, we had announced plans to remove consumable ammunition from the game upon the release of the next major content patch. Our original plans were to change ammunition so that hunters would no longer need to utilize bag space, while adding some new functionality that would continue to make ammunition a compelling element of gameplay. Unfortunately, this intended change will not be completely ready in time for patch 3.1.0.

We still fully intend to move forward with this change when the additional functionality becomes available, and for 3.1.0 we still intend to remove the need for pouches/quivers by greatly increasing the stack sizes on arrows and bullets, and the haste bonus from the bags will be preserved in another fashion. We’ll be sure to inform our players with further updates once they become available.

From Eyonix...

Fuck them. So they're going to change Ammo twice. Once to remove the Quiver/Pouch..make Ammo High Stackable...Give haste bonus elsewhere. The second time to do the intended change they originally announced. WTF is wrong with these idiots? Why do double the work to reach the same end. Why not just get the fucking No Ammo system as intended working rather then fuck with it twice?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:59 AM 
Spider Slayer

Neesha the Necro wrote:
I was thinking about trying out the Fist weapon main hand/Sword offhand spec. Maybe with the change to LR it'll be worth a shit.

Just not sure which points I'd need to switch up to add LR. Thoughts?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Taking points out of Aggression looks like your best choice.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:02 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

...because they want to free up bag slots for other purposes? Like the article implies?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:08 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
What other purpose? Carrying around more useless bullshit like the toy train set? Ammo should have stacked to at least 500 from the getgo.

Put the haste on the ammo, and/or give different bullet types different properties like armor ignore or -resist types and - damage modifiers as a boon. Give the bullets cool names like Armor Piercing or the dreaded DOUBLE WHAMMY. Make your gun only recognize a fingerprint signature of your class so the term Hunter Weapon means something. Increase stack size to 1k. Problem solved.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:18 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

^^

What he said....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:28 PM 
Spider Slayer

like status bolts from FFXI? :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:30 PM 

Remember "Endless Quiver" from the Ranger AA in EQ? Sounds like Bliz wants to implement that. Also, remember that EQ Devs regretted that Endless Quiver was in the game years later.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:23 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
Make your gun only recognize a fingerprint signature of your class so the term Hunter Weapon means something.

If they do that, can they make it so hunters stop fucking taking Sinister Revenge and Webbed Death and shit? ><

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:08 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Hey, I don't take daggers...I take druid staves'.

Really, being a waste of space is an issue when you have to carry more ammo then your pouch/quiver allows...which I do every raid. I carry a full 28 Slot pouch/quiver (which is 5800) and an additional 16 Slots (thats 3200) in another bag because on a full 25 Naxx clear I'll run out of the ammo in the pouch/quiver by the end of the 4th wing (also dependant on how many wipes there are during the night). Thats 9000 Arrows/Bullets...

Ammo should be like a Libram/Totem/Sigal/Idol, so it could come from PvP/Mob Dropped/Badge Vendor/etc. It goes in a slot next to the Ranged Weapon on the paper doll and have some sort of equip bonus (like Givin mentioned), example:

Armor Piecing Rounds
Projectile Bullet
Class: Hunter
Adds 67.5 Damage Per Second
Equip: Your ranged attacks have a chance to increase your armor penetration rating by 100 for 10 sec.

or

Combustion Arrows
Projectile Arrow
Class: Hunter
Adds 67.5 Damage Per Second
Equip: Your ranged attacks have a chance to strike your enemy, dealing 250 to 500 Fire damage.

Obviously I'm not thinking from a theorycrafting or Min/Max perspective at the moment, just throwing out ideas. And don't get me wrong, I'm glad its being changed. But changing it twice to reach the same end is rather retarded. I'd rather just have them do the change when its ready.

Last edited by Khameir on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:10 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:10 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

krby71 wrote:
Remember "Endless Quiver" from the Ranger AA in EQ? Sounds like Bliz wants to implement that. Also, remember that EQ Devs regretted that Endless Quiver was in the game years later.

Why did they later regret it?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:20 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

So ammo has an inventory-related problem, but soul shards don't. Fascinating.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:34 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Well, yeah, Bearne. Clearly, the devs have rolled Hunters recently, after playing Shaman for so long. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:13 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

They pushed back that change, anyway.

Quote:
In our 3.1.0 class updates post, we had announced plans to remove consumable ammunition from the game upon the release of the next major content patch. Our original plans were to change ammunition so that hunters would no longer need to utilise bag space, while adding some new functionality that would continue to make ammunition a compelling element of game-play. Unfortunately, this intended change will not be completely ready in time for patch 3.1.0.

We still fully intend to move forward with this change when the additional functionality becomes available, and for 3.1.0 we still intend to remove the need for pouches/quivers by greatly increasing the stack sizes on arrows and bullets, and the haste bonus from the bags will be preserved in another fashion. We'll be sure to inform you of further updates once they become available.

source

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:46 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

bearne wrote:
So ammo has an inventory-related problem, but soul shards don't. Fascinating.

I completely back Warlocks in their hatred of the way Soul Shards have been handled as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:51 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I've no doubt that the vast majority of hunters and warlocks have each others' backs on the ammo/shard thing. That comment was directed at the dev team (who obviously will never read it).

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Moderator: Solanthious Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next