It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:31 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:01 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

Quote:
Why are you now allowing character transfers from PvE realms to PvP realms?

Because World of Warcraft has matured significantly since the inception of Paid Character Transfers, we don’t feel that PvE-to-PvP transfers will have the negative impact on the game that we initially wanted to avoid when we started the service in 2006. This change will provide more mobility and freedom for players to experience the game with friends or play in the type of environment they’re looking for.

So I can transfer any character to any PvP realm of my choosing now?

Yes, as long as there are no other existing restrictions that would prevent the transfer from taking place, such as trying to transfer a Horde character to a PvP realm where you already play an Alliance character. Please see the Paid Character Transfer FAQ for more details and restrictions.

Do PvE-to-PvP transfers differ from other transfers?

No. The same rules and restrictions will apply to these transfers. Please visit the Paid Character Transfer FAQ for further details.

What if I don’t like the PvP realm I transferred to? Can I go elsewhere?

Any character that has completed a realm transfer can be transferred again after 30 days have passed.

Will there be any measures implemented to prevent abuse of this feature?

We’ll continue to monitor all realms and make changes to how the service works if it appears that abuse is taking place.

Will you offer PvE-to-PvP Free Character Moves in the future now that the option is available through the Paid Character Transfer service?

We may offer Free Character Moves from PvE realms to PvP realms in the future, should the need arise.

Will I now be able to create both Alliance and Horde characters on the same PvP realm on one account?

Creating both Horde and Alliance characters on the same PvP realm is still restricted, for many of the same reasons why Alliance and Horde characters cannot speak to each other in the game. Maintaining a barrier between the Alliance and Horde factions supports fair gameplay and is in keeping with the spirit of the Warcraft universe.

Source

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:35 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Good times, good times.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:08 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
Good, though I have no idea why anyone would want to play on a PvP server intentionally. Other than to avoid paying for a character transfer. Blizzard fell way short on their promises for PvP realms.

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:10 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

Because that's where the majority of the quality Horde players are, is the PVP servers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:39 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Wait....is this real? Damn I wish I had a horde character.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
Yeah, that's true.

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:22 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

This is silly. Pvp servers are going to get flooded by level 70's that don't know how to pvp. At least before if someone was 70 on a pvp you knew they had run the gauntlet of trying to level while everyone was out to kill their face.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:25 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

I had just asked someone in the Account Management side on the phone about transfering from PvE to PvP. I told him that I was looking at reactivating my account after 3 years. They told me that the service was still unavailable, but to keep checking back because a lot of people were requesting it and it might change. 2 hours later, they posted the news on the website. Their Account Management side of the website was down for I know at least 4 hours.

But I was able to transfer Dumdumb from Blackhand to Stonemaul now to play with my friend.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:25 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
This is silly. Pvp servers are going to get flooded by level 70's that don't know how to pvp.

Because this doesn't happen now?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:40 PM 
Spider Slayer

Seriously, what battlegroup are you in Snarky? :P Was lucky to get into winning games grinding honor, most of the time it was dumb asses fighting on the road/away from objectives and idiots fighting in the middle of WSG with like an 8k hp priest running the flag.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:45 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Now all they need to do is allow me to switch my horde lock over to an alliance lock and I'd be a happy camper.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:14 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Snarky00 wrote:
This is silly. Pvp servers are going to get flooded by level 70's that don't know how to pvp. At least before if someone was 70 on a pvp you knew they had run the gauntlet of trying to level while everyone was out to kill their face.

I hear this arguement over and over and over and over on the wow forums. How exactly does getting ganked as a newbie by someone 50 levels higher or more than you somehow prepare you for pvp?

There are plenty of 70's from pve servers than can fight circles around the mighty "I was ganked from 1-60 crowd". Problem is there is also so many horrible players in that same pve crowd lol.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:21 AM 

A welcome change. The "Oh So Hard" leveling 1-60 or 1-70 on a PvP server was what, 1/30th of what most average players spend on their toon? It's just sad that it took them this long to figure out the logical.

Quote:
Good, though I have no idea why anyone would want to play on a PvP server intentionally. Other than to avoid paying for a character transfer. Blizzard fell way short on their promises for PvP realms.

Just to add to what Solanthious said, Doomhammer's best guild (Juggernaut) who had just downed Muru some 3-4 months ago(maybe less) actually transferred back then and leveled from 1-70 and within around 2 months they had already downed Muru again on their new toons, plus a few recruits. Why? Because of the lack of quality players on PVE servers. They were actually that desperate for them. Sad that the transfers didn't open up sooner for those guys, but it's funny to see them logging on randomly now and transferring their old toons over. Their bank holder transferred 165k over just yesterday. Good times.

Though, in addition to that, I just like the open PVP environment personally. I don't have intentions to leave my server because I've grown to like my guild quite a bit, but there's a certain draw to being able to jump on your flying mount whenever you feel like it and go hunting for unsuspecting scrubs =)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:32 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I've just gotta pick what pvp server to transfer my rogue to. I'd like to be in a situation where alliance doesn't lose 99% of battlegrounds for once.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:33 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
Hehe. Too many in Alliance want to be the Hero, not the Teammate. Once you identify the heroes you can usually turn the BGs around. Of course, I've only had that experience on WSG and AB so far - but I find that a solid explanation of courses of action thru the BG channel get a good many people turned around. Once you start winning? They get hooked.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:21 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Syuni D'zpecyzczn wrote:
Hehe. Too many in Alliance want to be the Hero, not the Teammate. Once you identify the heroes you can usually turn the BGs around. Of course, I've only had that experience on WSG and AB so far - but I find that a solid explanation of courses of action thru the BG channel get a good many people turned around. Once you start winning? They get hooked.

Yeah I used to lead sweeping wins in AV when we'd go up against a premade horde team that would normally trounce us. Problem is now folks don't even want to listen but would rather practice the latest catch phrases they've seen trolls on the forums use. Add to that most are alts in greens and specced to raid rather than pvp.....and you're just gonna get pasted.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile