EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
http://kotaku.com/5031883/wow-wrath-of- ... ase-window

Quote:
"We have said that it will be coming out this year," Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime revealed in a conference call today. "I can tell you it's not coming in the July to September quarter."

So that leaves between Oct and Dec...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:58 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Great... Gives me plenty of time to get my ZA bear before it launches, heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:28 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
I've always heard Nov. on it with the potential of an early Dec. release.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:13 PM 

I'm not sure why he even needed to say that. It's going to be December, no earlier.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:20 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Yeah, definitely gunna be a week or so before Christmas imo.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:53 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
I don't think that blizzard hates their employees that much, Skycrasher. Early december at the latest, if they make a 2008 release.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:50 AM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

My problem with this release window is that only about 1% of the population is testing anything other then a DK. While it might be great that it will end up being probably the most balanced class Blizzard ever puts out, it's seriously hurting the other classes right now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:56 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

EQ1: Kailtor(trex)
WoW: Kaltina - Alleria
Everyone knows that betas are for playing the game before everyone else, not testing!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:36 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Yeah, gotta agree with Sola there.

I'm seeing like 434,747 posts about DK abilities, DK starting area, DK this, DK that...and Mages are still sitting with Living Bomb as a 51-pointer. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:40 PM 
What does this button do?

Bovinity Divinity wrote:
Yeah, gotta agree with Sola there.

I'm seeing like 434,747 posts about DK abilities, DK starting area, DK this, DK that...and Mages are still sitting with Living Bomb as a 51-pointer. ;)

If you want to talk about shitty 51-pointers look at Heroic Leap and Bladestorm, I still don't know anyone who gets improved mortal strike unless they are in a 5s team. Shockwave is just ehhh right now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:29 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

And Hunters can tame Devilsaurs!!!

Heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:40 AM 

I had high hopes for shockwave as a multi tanking tool but the cooldown seems to be a limiting factor. Thought about dusting off the warrior, especially when you combine that with shield block removal, my least favorite part of warrior tanking. But then, good warriors will probably always mash shield block just to get the mitigation. So even though you won't "need" to do it anymore to avoid crushing blows, you will still probably do it pretty regularly. I'm not in beta, so these are just my assumptions.

I'll be interested to see how much damage prot warriors will do. I seem to recall a post from blue about wanting to up the dps a bit, but I thought they wanted to do that pre-lich, too, and it hasn't gone anywhere. Even as a feral druid with t4 and t5, I can still outdamage our T6 geared prot warrior MT in bear form, then switch to cat once my mob is dead and contribute much more dps than he can. I'm not sure I'll ever see that change.

With the purported "fix" to cat dps, I'm probably more likely to stick with the druid. Even without the buff to cat dps, feral is already a great build.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:58 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
They should just add +threat to defensive stance. If the bit about dual talent specs is true, they won't need the extra damage when they aren't tanking. They can spec into it.

This is more a problem with the way Blizzard handles threat, than the actual damage a prot warrior does.

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:21 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Bovinity Divinity wrote:
And Hunters can tame Devilsaurs!!!

Heh.

The Devilsaur's Monstrous Bite racial ability is a damage attack that also increases their attack power by 5% and it stacks 3 times (so 15% total).

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?petcalc=cubc0fczzhko

A 21 Point Talent Build for a Ferocity Pet counting the 5 extra points from the 51 Point Talent, plus the Devilsaur's Monstrous Bite and I can guarantee you that they're going to be the new de-facto raid dps pet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:52 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

Sarissa wrote:
They should just add +threat to defensive stance. If the bit about dual talent specs is true, they won't need the extra damage when they aren't tanking. They can spec into it.

This is more a problem with the way Blizzard handles threat, than the actual damage a prot warrior does.

Sarissa Candyangel

All white damage and abilities have basically had about 20% of their threat reduced due to the changes of salvation and the removal of the tranquil totem.

Threat generation for warriors right now is through the roof. shockwave is erally good i think it needs a 15 sec cool down not a 20, rage can stay where it's at, i got a ss of it doing 2k crit to each of 6 mobs, it's going to be a very powerful tool.

As far as the damage, all the warrior talents in all 3 tree's are being reworked, kind of like how they just did for the DK. Devastate will probably end up being 100% weapon damage instead of 50% after the change. At least that's what we're expecting.

Beta's coming along really well, I'm just concerned there's not enough testing atm, of course they claim they don't need it but we'll see.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:03 PM 

Solanthious wrote:
Sarissa wrote:

Sarissa Candyangel

All white damage and abilities have basically had about 20% of their threat reduced due to the changes of salvation and the removal of the tranquil totem.

Threat generation for warriors right now is through the roof. shockwave is erally good i think it needs a 15 sec cool down not a 20, rage can stay where it's at, i got a ss of it doing 2k crit to each of 6 mobs, it's going to be a very powerful tool.

As far as the damage, all the warrior talents in all 3 tree's are being reworked, kind of like how they just did for the DK. Devastate will probably end up being 100% weapon damage instead of 50% after the change. At least that's what we're expecting.

Beta's coming along really well, I'm just concerned there's not enough testing atm, of course they claim they don't need it but we'll see.

2k crit with shockwave? Are you sure the armor was on the mobs? Beta has removed armor quite a few times now and that's the only time I could get 2.2k shockwave crits otherwise in full arena gear I get 1700ish Shockwave crits, what gear are you using?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:04 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

My dps gear is not the greatest, it's just a full set of tier 4 shit and mixed northrend greens, and it was on a pack of those shoveltusks outside of new agamand, so who knows what their ac is.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:36 AM 

What they should probably do with regard to beta invites is give greater weight to letting people in who have been in since the beginning(or even the first beta). I think at least then you'll have slightly less chance of the usual "OOO AAHH" from the newer players that see a new class and automatically get giddy. No doubt it's exciting for everyone, but I think there's a greater likelihood that older players will want to test a broader portion of the game.

They should at least have some sort of questionaire to fill out or some such like in the old beta days. Picking the least qualified people to beta test(especially those with limited MMORPG experience) is only going to leave things as buggy/broken as it already sounds like they are for some time to come.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:31 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Blizzard are definitely not the best at selecting Beta Testers. People specifically went to Blizzcon the last 2 times because they knew they'd get invites to the expansion Beta.

I wholeheartedly agree that they need to take things into consideration like Account Creation Date, Length of Active Account, and (Heaven forbid) play experience in PvE and PvP (which is easily traceable).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:45 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

What reasons do you have believe that they don't take these things into consideration?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:22 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
I'd say the grab bag style that they have used for WoW Beta, TBC Beta and now WotLK Beta is a pretty good first clue. All the sweeping changes you see posted on mmo champion and the like, I can pretty much guarantee came about from internal observation, and very little due to player feedback.

Seeing as how 99% of the people in beta are playing death knights, I'm actually surprised any other class changes are being looked at.

Overall people just treat beta access like a demo disk for the most part. I even remember some dumb shit that used to post here admitting that they had no intention of using their WoW Beta invite to help test the game but only to see if they would enjoy it.

I personally wish the Warhammer NDA would lift. Lot of stuff to talk about there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:27 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I do have to admit though, that some of the changes that they're showing for WotLK are actually pretty well thought out and justified.

For example, my head almost burst when I saw a blue poster make a very logical and resonable post about the reasons they were removing dispel from Arcane Shot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:29 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Bovinity Divinity wrote:
I do have to admit though, that some of the changes that they're showing for WotLK are actually pretty well thought out and justified.

For example, my head almost burst when I saw a blue poster make a very logical and resonable post about the reasons they were removing dispel from Arcane Shot.

I seemed to have missed that, mind reposting?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:36 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/3/85572125 ... r-wai.html

Link for joo.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:00 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Bovinity Divinity wrote:
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/3/8557212585-tranq-shot--bugged-or-wai.html

Link for joo.

MMO-Champion is blocked from work. :-/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:20 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
We regret creating a dispel mechanic that also did damage, so we're re-designing that mechanic. It didn't fix any of Hunter's issues, anyways, and made them better against classes they were already good against (casters)

There it is. =)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:35 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Good. There's no reason for hunters to have that, which I said the minute we got it. I was happy they fixed the dead zone though that was unpopular with the other classes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:37 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Yep. Always hated that shit.

Huntard casts Arcane Shot.
Bovinity's Ice Barrier is removed by Huntard's Arcane Shot.
Huntard's Arcane Shot hits Bovinity for 1272.

Grr.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:06 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I wasn't all that happy with the addition of the dispell effect myself. It wasn't necessarily a poorly thought out idea, just poorly implemented. If they would've required a talent to add the dispell effect that would've been far more reasonable, not adding it to the existing ability for free.

Glad to see it removed though...however I'm already starting to get concerned "yet again" because they're focusing on balancing abilities out for PvP purposes and not PvE.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:07 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
Glad to see it removed though...however I'm already starting to get concerned "yet again" because they're focusing on balancing abilities out for PvP purposes and not PvE.

You just posted like 5 posts up about how the new Devilsaur pet was great and would be the new standard for PvE DPS pets and whatnot. =P So I'm sure they're looking at PvE as well. You don't have to worry, us evil, evil PvPers won't interfere.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:15 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Yes, they have added new and great things for PvE use...but that doesn't change the fact that when changes are made to abilities for PvP reasons they have a tendency to fuck up other things in the PvE realm. Next thing you know that awesome devilsaur will get nerfed because of PvP balancing issues.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:18 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Heh. I hear PvEers say that a LOT. That somehow PvP ruins their side of the game or something. Practically everything seems to get blamed on us evil degenerates. =/

Of course, when I ask people to really explain what part of their gameplay has been ruined by PvP, they usually can't throw out more than one or two little examples.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:31 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Quite honestly, I've engaged in this argument with more then one person in the past (and I use more then little examples) and I refuse to rehash it here yet again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:36 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Yeah, well, I have a bucket full of awesome rebuttals that would easily eviscerate all your points, but I will decline to share them as well!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:46 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

lol, pvp.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:50 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I guess here is where I start resorting to clever phrases like, "PvEasy" ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:56 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Thinking of PvP. The new features in the expan for the Wintergrasp and BG is pretty sweet. I just hope people PvP in the zone, and not be dead. Having it part of the Honor system is a good step at least.

Quote:
Lake Wintergrasp>

* PvE elements are being added to this PvP Zone, for example the equivalent of Elemental Plateau in Outland is in Lake Wintergrasp.
* Siege Combat will be in both Lake Wintergrasp and the new Battleground (see below)
* Siege vehicles incude air combat with flying vehicles.
* You can destroy the buildings within Lake Wintergrasp and in the Battleground.
* Lake Wintergrasp will feature an attack/defend game type. Just like the Auchindoun Spirit Towers, when your faction holds a tower it will keep it for a certain amount of time and retain all the advantage for a few hours.
* Northrend "Spirit Shards" will be used to reward players. When your faction controls Lake Wintergrasp all the bosses in Northrend will start dropping them. You can then use these shards to buy rewards from a merchant, they won't be more powerful any other reward but just an alternative to other sources of equipement (like gearing up for PvP very quickly).
* "Wintergrasp Marks of Honor" will drop as well and will be redeemable for items through the honor system and other NPCs.
* Bridges will be used as "choke point" in the map, siege vehicles can't travel through water.
* The goal of Lake Wintergrasp is to capture the "Wintergrasp Keep", everything in that keep is destructable and you will have to break into the keep to capture the point.
* Players will be able to control stationnary cannons on each tower to defend the keep.
* Bridges are very large and very tall, players should be able to see them from anywhere in the map. They're also totally destructable as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:05 PM 

Quote:
What reasons do you have believe that they don't take these things into consideration?

I'd be the first one to agree that we should be skeptical of what Blizzard says, but can't we at least take their word for it that it's completely random on this one?

Quote:
Good. There's no reason for hunters to have that, which I said the minute we got it. I was happy they fixed the dead zone though that was unpopular with the other classes.

I'm gonna miss it to some degree =/ My weirdass 3v3 runs with a shaman, hunter, warrior combo and the arcane shot did wonders to remove BoProtection at critical moments(provided it removed the right buff).

I dunno, never really seemed that OP to me. Most of the time it just removed their shadow protection buff.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:24 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

You'll still have a dispel on Tranq Shot. Just not a dispel that's mindlessly usable because it's attached to a normal damage ability.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:21 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
Guess too many of the beta testers are playing Death Knights, looks like they're rolling out some of the new talents prior to the expansion. Then again, they are timing it roughly with Warhammer's release so who knows.

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:22 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Yeah, lame. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:26 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

A lot of the testers were testing DKs because the level was still capped at 77. The last build that went up almost a week ago released the level cap, its up to 80 now...and a lot of leveling/testing of all the other classes has really begun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:45 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Khameir wrote:
A lot of the testers were testing DKs because the level was still capped at 77. The last build that went up almost a week ago released the level cap, its up to 80 now...and a lot of leveling/testing of all the other classes has really begun.

Well I had heard a lot of the skills for other classes really weren't in yet too, plus the whole DKs being new thing.

I'm really excited about the hunter changes, especially for BMs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:47 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
I must be reading the survival tree wrong for hunters. 3 arcane shots with no mana cost or cooldown anytime you set off a trap and sometimes on stings? That sounds like 4 arcane shots in a row on anyone who hits a trap (the regular cooldown one +3 bonus). Maybe it's still affected by the global cooldown, it's one of the things I'll have to test out I guess.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:48 AM 

Quote:
Yeah, heh. I picked the hunter as my lich king class (to get out of playing a hybrid that either tanks or heals), and I'm glad to see some of the changes that show me I made a good decision. Gotta finish levelling, I'm 62 now..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:50 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Tarot wrote:
Khameir wrote:

Well I had heard a lot of the skills for other classes really weren't in yet too, plus the whole DKs being new thing.

That is also true...classes like rogues have seen pretty much no changes yet, and yeah the new factor of the DK is expected.

And BM is fucking hax. Check out my current pet, he's a Tank pet with Taunt and Last Stand. (not my current level, I hit 76 yesterday)

I haven't tried a MM or Survival build yet, waiting until 80 when testing a full talent build matters.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:02 AM 

That thing reminds me of one of my favorite (unfinished) sci fi series of all time..

Offline Profile