It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:53 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Summer blues?
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:27 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Anyone starting to see a drop off in participation yet?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Summer blues?
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:59 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Yeah, a good bit actually. Tonight's raids may need to be called due to lack of tanks. :/

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:59 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
yep, big time. It started right after we downed Illidan a few weeks ago. We are losing one raid night a week now

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:09 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

I know they are claiming there will not be a gear reset with WOTLK but has anyone seen any quest/green/dungeon drops from the alpha?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:04 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
The lull is approaching! HLEP!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:31 AM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

Same over the pond, killed Illidan and now we're having issues getting the people on.

Tbh I'm one of them, I just want WAR to arrive now, WoW has become stagnant. I don't think I should have transfered from PvP to PvE that's for sure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:28 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
The #1 horde guild on our server broke up and if we were not able to recruit those that are still playing we would have gone down as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:46 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
Well it seems our horde guild shattered last night as well. We already have reformed with the more dedicated raiders.... lets just see if we have enough.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:16 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
We're actually picking up people who are frustrated about other guilds slowing down, so we're speeding up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:38 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Tranthas wrote:
We're actually picking up people who are frustrated about other guilds slowing down, so we're speeding up.

The same thing is happening to my guild. We recently picked up 8-10 new people who all left their previous guilds due to them trailing off. Part of it might be that we are still working on BT and Hyjal so there's still that push for us to "see the end of this expansion". We also only raid 3 days a week which might help limit the boredom factor since we have many folks who play alts on off nights or just do other things.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:42 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

No change on our end with two bosses left.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:16 AM 

Does one of those bosses include M'uru? Nuff said =p Have fun on that guy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:57 AM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Yesterday SUCKED.

We had a good week where we cleared MH and BT in three days (I know still slow) that was going to allow us Sunday and Monday in Sunwell. We even stated in the raid Thursday that Sunday would be Sunwell. We went into Sunwell the day we killed Illidan the first time just to mess around. We got to Kal but that was nasty. This was to be our first organized and reasonably geared attempet in Sunwell.

We had to cancel the raid due to not enough people being on at raid time.

Having to cancel a raid due to attendance issues when we are hitting new content is a very bad thing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:06 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Gear up full in Hyjal/BT gear. Shit, T4 and badge loot will do. Repeat as many times as you want with whatever alts you want.

Fuck Sunwell, ride on to Lich King with 9 of your closest friends.

It's easy to find 9 other people you like and can tolerate in raiding and playing together. Most people now aren't even worth the effort you go to recruit and organize a guild for them, let alone spend 3 to 5 hours daily raiding and watching them trip over their own shoelaces every day.

This is the same bullshit lull that happened when they announced Burning Crusade. The "I got mine, fuck everyone else" mentality. What does it matter when you can just as easily hop to another guild on the progress train of a new expansion.

Keep your crew of friends close, everyone else is just a current necessary evil until WotLK.

The days of the hardass bullshit we pulled in games of old are gone. We don't need 25/45/72/300 people to have fun any longer. The 10 man is a perfect benchmark to be honest. You can retain the same epic feeling of defeating encounters, and not have to watch great loot go to fuckfaces who show up maybe twice a month over someone who busts hump every day. You can plan it with your friends, and not have to worry about complete strangers over the internet and if they are going to be late or miss completely, fucking your whole raid.

Bring on 10 man Naxx. They can even put a fucking 10 man troll dungeon in there. As long as there are options other than 1 or 2 raids, once per week. Give me 7 or hell even 10 raids designed for 10 man raiding. Choices. No more of this putting a fucking 10 man funnel at the beginning of the expansion that clogs up as you try to get your turd through it to get to the 25 man good shit.

Not that I care about Warcraft in itself any longer. But the principal of the thing is no different for any game that wants to take itself seriously.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:05 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

EQ1: Kailtor(trex)
WoW: Kaltina - Alleria
Givin Wetwillies wrote:
words
this post. i love it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:45 AM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Gear up full in Hyjal/BT gear. Shit, T4 and badge loot will do. Repeat as many times as you want with whatever alts you want.

Fuck Sunwell, ride on to Lich King with 9 of your closest friends.

It's easy to find 9 other people you like and can tolerate in raiding and playing together. Most people now aren't even worth the effort you go to recruit and organize a guild for them, let alone spend 3 to 5 hours daily raiding and watching them trip over their own shoelaces every day.

This is the same bullshit lull that happened when they announced Burning Crusade. The "I got mine, fuck everyone else" mentality. What does it matter when you can just as easily hop to another guild on the progress train of a new expansion.

Keep your crew of friends close, everyone else is just a current necessary evil until WotLK.

The days of the hardass bullshit we pulled in games of old are gone. We don't need 25/45/72/300 people to have fun any longer. The 10 man is a perfect benchmark to be honest. You can retain the same epic feeling of defeating encounters, and not have to watch great loot go to fuckfaces who show up maybe twice a month over someone who busts hump every day. You can plan it with your friends, and not have to worry about complete strangers over the internet and if they are going to be late or miss completely, fucking your whole raid.

Bring on 10 man Naxx. They can even put a fucking 10 man troll dungeon in there. As long as there are options other than 1 or 2 raids, once per week. Give me 7 or hell even 10 raids designed for 10 man raiding. Choices. No more of this putting a fucking 10 man funnel at the beginning of the expansion that clogs up as you try to get your turd through it to get to the 25 man good shit.

Not that I care about Warcraft in itself any longer. But the principal of the thing is no different for any game that wants to take itself seriously.

He's right, the minute they announced you'll be able to complete the expansion because every raid zone is going to have a 10 man and 25 man version, the days of "fuck x didn't log on, guess we can't raid" are over.

The only problem is they announce this shit way too early. Oh well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:34 AM 

I couldn't agree more. 10 mans are the only raids I have fun in anymore.

I disagree about the goddamn troll zones. Trolls are like Blizzards filler mob. No ideas? How about a TROLL dungeon. Fuckers. Sick of trolls. Trolls and nagas.

I'm taking this time to level up new characters to be ready for lich king. Always played a tank or healer in wow, going to be dps in lich king.

Offline Profile