It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:23 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:52 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Looking to transfer off of my current server (Fenris, EST) to hopefully a guild w/ raid start times around 10PM PST.

Both toons are hunters.

Teksuo - Horde

Kuervoh -Alliance

Cleared Kara and Gruul's on both toons with some experience in ZA. Even if your guild does fit my preferences, if you know of any guilds that raid at the times I'm looking for, please feel free to post their info.

*edit*
Looking for a SSC/TK guild even if it's just starting 25s

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:10 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Ugh, I don't know of any that raid that late. Like the asian guilds (Singapore, etc.) raid around 4-5-6am, generally around 5am tho.

I was on a PST server (alliance) and no one raided that late. I'm on an EST server now with raids starting around 5:30 PST and ending early.

I just don't know of any populous time zone that would have such late raiding. Though I'm sure there are plenty of people who work odd schedules that could do it, without it being in a time zone they never seem to coordinate.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:11 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Second Covenant is on Skywall (alliance), but we start raids at 8pm PST. Good luck man

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:40 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Oryx is on Gnomeregan (Horde), we start raids 5:30pm PST...we're recruiting pretty much every class except Hunters right now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:04 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
So why bother responding, since he explicitly stated both his toons are hunters.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:27 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Check out the Dark Iron forums, or maybe make an alt on that server and ask around. When I used to play on that server (not that long ago, maybe 4 months?), there was an Australian/NZ guild on the Horde side that was always recruiting people for late night raids, I believe starting around 10 or 11 pm PST. They were fairly far advanced as far as your needs as well, I believe they were starting SSC/TK, so who knows by now. I believe Alliance side on DI also had an Australian guild, but I don't think they were as far advanced. Sorry I don't remember the guild names.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:41 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Vanamar wrote:
So why bother responding, since he explicitly stated both his toons are hunters.

Shameless plug :D for recruiting purposes...

We're always accepting applications from any class (from the server or off server) and there have been exceptions made if the person applying absolutely blows our minds. We don't run Hunter heavy, we have 3 currently raiding including myself, but we're typically Top 5 DPS on a regular basis.

I took a look at his profile and for where he's at/looking to go he's pretty well geared, my only concern would be MM Spec. My requirement for my hunters is BM Spec as I've parsed the numbers until I was blue in the face and BM still came out higher, so staying MM would require me to be very impressed.

I was about to ask him to throw me an application and some links to some WWS reports if he had them, then I noticed I misread the raid times, I though it had said raids "ending" around 10pm PST...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:49 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
BM Hunters do pretty insane damage these days.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:48 PM 

YOUR hunters? You don't own them you jerk! Slave driver...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:27 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

There's a good number of fights that don't favor pets which tend to keep BM Hunters in check.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:30 PM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
Neesha the Necro wrote:

good felguard speced locks do insane damage also. only problem is that now in BT like supremus and HWL naj im having to use my imp due to the dmaage the pet takes (. In MH though the damage is fucking crazy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:14 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Neesha the Necro wrote:

Yes we do.

joxur wrote:
YOUR hunters? You don't own them you jerk! Slave driver...

Yes, they're MINE and I am a Slave Driver!

Argrax wrote:
There's a good number of fights that don't favor pets which tend to keep BM Hunters in check.

This is true. Leo chews up Corndog (my beloved Ravager pet) quite a bit. Vashj's adds do the same. But the Healers in guild know that I'll kick their asses if Hunter pets don't get healed on a normal basis.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:19 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Out of curiosity (and slightly off topic), how do you set things up for Vashj? I have one Hunter in each area (North, South, East, West) handling all of the Elementals and all of the other DPS is on Naga (melee DPS) and Striders (casters). With a Warlock kiting the Striders.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:45 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Neesha the Necro wrote:
Out of curiosity (and slightly off topic), how do you set things up for Vashj? I have one Hunter in each area (North, South, East, West) handling all of the Elementals and all of the other DPS is on Naga (melee DPS) and Striders (casters). With a Warlock kiting the Striders.

My guild generally only has 2 hunters; so we put them on 2 of the sides. The other two sides are handled by 2 dps classes (one side is rogue/dps war; the other side I'm not sure; it varies). We also then have the remaining melee on the Naga and casters on the Striders. The dot casters also try and throw a dot or two on the Naga if they are able as we go. We also have a Warlock kiting the Striders.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:59 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Neesha the Necro wrote:

Six on the stairs, six on the strider, seven healers, two tanks, balance on the Naga (melee).

Two things can't happen in the fight, you can't get overwhelmed by elementals and you can't have more than one strider up at a time (not for more than a few seconds anyways); what you can allow for is more than one Naga up at a time.

Any excess damage from the stairs team gets funneled to the Strider easily enough, with any excess damage from the Strider team getting directed to the Naga with even greater ease. However the reverse of that is proves difficult and very inefficient (ie. melee on the Naga having to break away and chase elementals).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:04 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Yea, we've killed Vashj before, I was just wondering how other people did it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:33 AM 

We just downed Tide and Fathom Lord this past week, so we're now staring Vashj right in the face. Kind of looking forward to it, kind of not. We still need to down A'lar before we have the same situation in TK.. Same thing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:41 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Have you guys killed High Astromancer Solarian? We are still kicking ourselves that we didn't attempt her LONG AGO. She's easier than Void Reaver (and the trash is much easier).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:24 AM 

yeah we got her a while ago.. a'lar gave us some problems, we got him down to 1-2% on 2 separate occasions. Bad luck.. so we moved on to tide and FLk and now we need to circle back to A'lar.

Since we don't *need* Kael or Vashj, we'll probably start to dabble in Hyjal while we continue to farm T5 to gear up and work on Kael/Vashj.

I've heard Rage is a good stop, any other mobs that are doable with most T5 on farm status? And why..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:17 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

We killed Rage Winterchill on our very first attempt on him and killed Anetheron the next time we went to the zone, I think, so they are both very doable. The only thing that sucks is if you happen to wipe, you need to clear all of the trash again before you get another chance at the boss. Kaz'rogal is a bit more difficult because your casters really need Shadow Resist gear to help with the mana drain. The High Warlord in BT is also pretty easy, although you need to make sure people have the hitpoints to survive the 8500hp blast he does when you pop his shield.

As far as Al'ar goes, how do you guys handle the adds in phase 2? Do you kill them or keep them up? We leave them up and just have a Paladin tank them all as we burn down Al'ar. Every time new ones spawn, they get MD'd to the Pally tank. So by the end, he'll have around 20 birds on him. We found this way easier than killing the adds.

edit: also, no tanks wear FR gear

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:38 AM 

Killing the adds hurts Al'ar, and since the adds are easy enough to kill my guild just takes 1-2 ranged dps off Al'ar to kill them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:46 AM 

Neesha, did you find it necessary to get everyone the 2 min pvp trinket for Rage?

As far as A'lar, we've tried it all ways. I think we've made some improvements in some areas since our last attempts that might help out. We'll get him this week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:02 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

The trinket certainly helps (when people remember to click it) but not everyone had the 2 minute one, for sure. Some had the ghetto 5 minute one. A little shadow resist in this fight helps with the carrion swarms as well. Best advice is to just go give it a shot. You only need 1-2 tanks. If you have a good Paladin tank, the trash is pretty easy. You'll be able to tell pretty quickly if you can handle Rage. If you get through the waves of mobs without a problem, you can kill the boss without a problem. One thing that would worry me is if your guildmates keep dying to Al'ar's flames, they may die to Rage's death and decay. It's the same principal ("pay attention and get the hell out of the fire"). If they don't have a problem with avoiding Al'ar's fire, then you should be fine (assuming you have some pretty good DPSers, your gear kind of frightens me ;) ).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:14 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Vanamar wrote:
Killing the adds hurts Al'ar, and since the adds are easy enough to kill my guild just takes 1-2 ranged dps off Al'ar to kill them.

We also kill the Al'ar adds; though we have all the ranged switch to them and then switch back. We downed Rage the first night, as well. I think Neesha had a good yardstick that if you can handle the trash waves with no problem you should be able to do Rage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:47 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
The best measure to see if you can handle Rage is if you have time to drink between each wave.

I am the pally tank when we go into Hyjal. (Gabbath of Gnomeregan WoW armory, I logged last night in tank gear). Having a Pally Tank (even one that is just a part time tank, like me) makes all the difference in the world. The first few times we did Hyjal we were able to do it with no AOE tank. Now we won't even attempt it without a pally tank. It makes things that much easier.

Just a bit of advice: Do not stand in front of the NPCs on waves that have necromancers. They all will target you and bolt you for 10-15K in a second. Also, have a hunter drag a ghoul or spider to get the NPC's involved. In the horde camp have a warrior kite an Abomination through the Tauren Warriors camp. Get the 2-min PVP trinket. As much as I HATE WoW PVP, I did just enough to get the 2min trinket. You may or may not need it on Rage but you will when you attempt Archi. On Kaz, really only the healers need to have more Shadow Resist than just the mediallion and SR buff. the quicker you burn him the less damage the raid takes and let less mana he drains. (On Kaz I put on my healing gear with some SR and assist the healers. I am able to not blow up anyone else with just the use of one or two mana pots). The trash waves on the horde camp are much more difficult than the Alliance camp. If you are having issues with the Alliance waves you should not try the Horde camp.

Also, if a mob cast it, don't stand in it. Hyjal is the Training Camp for Not Standing in Stuff.

We haven't been in TK for a while, but we also killed the adds on Al'ar. We had the a melee DPS group and dedicated healer on them to kill whatever adds were up.

Same with Vashj, it has been a while. We usually had one hunter in the raid but we had some damn good Magi. We'd put a "tainted team" at each cardinal point (2 damage dealers and one healer to stay at the top of the steps) one of the two would pass to the healer who would pass to one of the two people assigned for the beacons. We have used warlocks or shaman to kite the Striders and a melee team to take out the elites. Communication is key on Vashj (call where the elites are, where the tainted is, when a strider is up, and who is passing)

EDIT: added Armory link

Last edited by krby71 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:55 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:50 PM 

I don't play joxur teh warrior anymore ;)

thanks for the info, i look forward to giving it a shot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:14 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

The green shoulders had me worried. :downtown:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:33 PM 

lol yeah, I switched to fury to grind dailies on two characters since the druid is the primary character now. All my prot gear is on a shelf

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:21 PM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
Vanamar wrote:

think each add that you down it takes off 3% of alars health. id also have the melee dps run out at 15% and let the 2 ranged burn it down from there to save the healers mana.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:51 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Regarding the necromancer trash in Hyjal, one way to mitigate much of the first volley of shadowbolts is to have a Shaman stand up front with grounding totem down (and off cooldown). The first 2-4 bolts get eaten by the totem with the next volley getting eaten by your second grounding totem as you're running back to the raid.

There's one wave in particular (can't recall if it's Kaz's trash or Azgalor's) that has 6-8 necromancers in it where this is particularly handy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:42 AM 

In that wave we banish a fel hound from the previous wave and have the Tauren Warriors all beating on it. When the next wave starts we have EVERYONE behind the tauren warriors until the first blast then go and mop them up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:58 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Good idea!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:27 PM 

Pally tank is almost a must for Hyjal, but it's doable with some warrior/druid tanks that know what they're doing. Pally tank just makes things a lot easier, as said. We usually throw our dps warriors into tank gear and that way you end up with around 5 tanks. For necro pulls you can just have the pally offtank everything except the necros, and then throw in your warriors at those or just sheep a couple and have warriors tank the extra aboms on those pulls. 1 Warrior can easily tank 2 or even 3 necros at a time with spell reflect, shield bash, intercepts, etc.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:35 PM 

Quote:

About the same, here. It was either a hunter or caster dps on the different sides. Our melee dps would usually finish of the nagas pretty quickly and they can help out with the elementals that get past and also warriors can occasionally get on the striders while the person is kiting(we actually have used both warlock and hunter for kiting, hunter mostly though with the warlock putting curse on) and finish them off.

Most annoying thing on that fight for me was when you got the green shit on the ground AND rooted in place.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:09 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Cloak and Escape Artist definitely come in handy for that fight.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:11 AM 

Venen wrote:
Most annoying thing on that fight for me was when you got the green shit on the ground AND rooted in place.

must have your Pallies set a Blessing of Freedom rotation on your tanks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:58 AM 

Well we got A'lar last night. Pretty easy, once we got the right personnel on the right assignments.

We tanked them all. Towards the end we peeled off and killed a few of the low hp birds, but overall we did pretty well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:05 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

It's weird how different strats work for different guilds. We have two excellent Paladin tanks so if we ever have the opportunity to take advantage of them, we do. Some guilds use Feral Druids for everything, but we rarely do (other than as an off tank). Different strokes for different folks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:10 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Perpetuo / Bupas
WoW: Proven
Our feral druids tanked the flames on Illidan and the demon on kale

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:30 AM 

Quote:
must have your Pallies set a Blessing of Freedom rotation on your tanks.

I meant the DPS that get the green shit and then get rooted in place. Can't blessing of freedom everyone unfortunately =/ Luckily it doesn't happen TOO often, but when it does it's pretty rough.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:05 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Eh, too bad you don't have more experience.

If you manage to get up to T6+ level fairly soon, hit me up.

Been farming BT/MH for a while and have Kalecgos down. Brutalus/Felmyst are going down fairly soonish.

I run my raids starting at 10 PM PST. We are on Kil'Jaeden (PvP)

http://www.sigilguild.org

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:24 AM 

He couldn't transfer to a PVP server anyway, if I remember the transfer rules right.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:10 AM 
Spider Slayer

Could gear up someone pretty fast if you've been farming T6 stuff for a while. There's a rogue out there somewhere with quest greens and an offhand warglaive. :axe:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:01 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
It's a GMs twink rogue.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:25 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
So the the guild on EQ2 is dieing a slow death, so might take up WoW again

and might be looking for a raid guild (Alliance)

have 70 Warrior currently dps specced but spec whatever as needed

and 70 Feral Druid, ( I suck incredibly as a resto healer ) :?

both are in kara/gruul gear since that's when I stopped playing

shoot me a tell or leave a post here

will transfer to wherever server etc

oh, btw I'm on CST and my play times are pretty much whenever

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:24 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
bump

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:14 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
Quote:
He couldn't transfer to a PVP server anyway, if I remember the transfer rules right.

Yeah, he could, as long as he didn't have an opposing-faction character on the same PvP server already. I remember there being restrictions between server types, but looking at the "paid character transfer" service now, that rule doesn't seem to be there anymore.

EDIT: Ah, there it is, in the FAQ. "- You may transfer characters from PvP to PvE realms, but transfers from PvE to PvP realms are not allowed." Guess they got tired of people leveling up on PvE servers where they can't get ganked, then moving over to gank people. :axe:

BM Hunters have issues with pet mortality rate, but it gets easier once they have at least some T5 armor; the 2-piece bonus heals your pet for 15% of your damage, which by then should be around 150 HPS, constantly. There are fights where burst damage can still kill the pet, but it's way harder to lose him to steady, low-to-moderate AE damage (and if you have Mend Pet running during spike periods like VR's Pound ability, it's even easier).

Marksman hunters (like mine) aren't as lucky; even with the armor bonus, our pets are just too fragile for a lot of boss encounters.

Offline Profile