It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:01 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:07 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I understand some of you will think me a terrible person for this. I understand the snark is inevitable, but know that I couldn't possibly care less.

That said, anyone have tips/suggestions on the best way for me to go about this? Best player auction sites? Very much appreciate your time. Thanks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:48 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
You are a very bad person.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:42 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Traxor
WoW: Zairux
EQ2: Traxor
SWOR: Darman
Eve Online Handle: Traxil
The days of people getting scorned for selling/buying accounts seems to be long gone. With the population in EQ low as it is, there are numerous players who need to have two chars or so, to be able to duo/solo grind. I was even in a guild where half the raid force was botted.

That being said, playerauctions.com is alright I suppose, a bit flooded as everything else these days, but I'd say it's the closest thing to Gamer's Ebay we have atm.

Good luck and such.

- Trax

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:49 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
It's not such a stigma anymore because your account no longer represents a massive investment by people other than yourself. I didn't even have HUGE issues with people who sold when they quit (or when they quit and had dire need of cash). I think more people had an issue with people who were selling things, as it was an issue of 'hey I'm not here helping with this so you can make money', and an issue of 'hey I don't want to compete for an item where it represents fun upgrade for me, but $20 to the other guy...grrr'.

When it comes to WoW, I don't even give a shit if people sell their accounts.

Anyhoo my post was a joke, it doesn't bother me anymore. I don't care if people buy WoW gold either. Though it's probably because they mostly dealt with the gold farmer problem, so I'm not having to fight with Gold Farmers for items/spawn.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:20 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Yeah, in EQ, if you sold your account, EVERYBODY knew. Now, in WoW, nobody knows. ha.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:06 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
It's actually just easier to sell the character and transfer it to their account.

Although I imagine prices these days aren't that great, given the level grind has been swept away.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:07 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Hell, I sold Xkhanx for $750 back in the day. He was immediately transfered to Legends server so no one ever saw him again.

Hated to do it but it paid for my garage door that my wife backed through...

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:32 AM 
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Slyfinger
WoW: Booji
I put mine on Craigslist for only $500.

A guy in Iowa gave me $200 for my rogue, then a week later gave me another $200 for my dwarf priest. Still have 2 70s left.

Piecing the account out is the best way to go it seems.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:11 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I have a 70 druid, 70 warlock, and a 70 paladin to sell. Didn't know I could sell them separately. Thanks for the craigslist tip, I will check that out as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:44 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Quote:
It's not such a stigma anymore because your account no longer represents a massive investment by people other than yourself. I didn't even have HUGE issues with people who sold when they quit (or when they quit and had dire need of cash). I think more people had an issue with people who were selling things, as it was an issue of 'hey I'm not here helping with this so you can make money', and an issue of 'hey I don't want to compete for an item where it represents fun upgrade for me, but $20 to the other guy...grrr'.

That's a fantastic summary. I couldn't quite put my finger on why I don't care about people selling accounts anymore, and now I can.

Good luck with it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:23 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
If you find anything concrete, let me know.

I looked also, but the chinaman sites are very dangerous so be warned. I never looked at any of them on the comp I played WoW on.

I thought about craigslist or playerauctions also.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:45 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Playerauctions is about as good as its going to get really.

Most of the Chinese sites are unreliable at best and Blizzard watches a couple of the main account oriented ones with their finger on the banhammer, so to speak.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:09 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
Mogs.com

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:33 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Quote:
I think more people had an issue with people who were selling things, as it was an issue of 'hey I'm not here helping with this so you can make money'

Just wanted to quote this part specifically. I agree totally here, in EQ people really had to come together to help each other a lot more to make progress for things like single epic items. In WoW it's all geared towards spreading everything out so everyone supposedly benefits from things like raids and 5-mans. There's still situations where people need help getting things done, but frankly it's few and far between.

I'd also throw in the fact that itemization blows in WoW(in terms of a complete lack of mudflation). No one would likely blow up in flames if someone looted a few pieces of tier 6 and then sold, tier 5 is so close to it in quality anyway as is any other tier to tier loot. Loot a Fist of Lightning or get your epic or something in EQ then sell, that was a little bigger of a deal.

There was actually a guy though on my server(Doomhammer Alliance side) who ended up getting both blades of Azzinoth, and he ended up selling his account. There was a bit of an outrage on the forums. That's about the closest you'll get to seeing drama over loot, especially since it's one of the few occasions in WoW where you'll actually loot a couple of items and actually feel an increase in your character's overall power. Just give it a few weeks after Sunwell is released and we'll have people whining for better casual epics all over again anyway =p

Summary: No one really gives much of a shit about loot in WoW for those reasons. You'll upgrade your raid gear in a couple of Kara badge runs anyway dawg.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:02 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I've been looking into it and apparently it's best to steer clear of any of these auction sites due to Blizzard keeping a watchful eye on them. I'd hate to sell it only to have it banned and have to deal with that drama. So I'm attempting to do it by word of mouth.

If any of you have an interest or know someone who may have interest holla at ya boy. I've gotten one offer for my druid. Nothing on the pally or lock. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have as well as consider selling the entire account. I have one of each class levels 70, 70, 70, 57, 55, 54, 44, 43, 34. All on same server, Horde, PVP. Thanks in advance.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:03 AM 

Also, characters on PvP severs are worth more due to no restrictions on which server they can go to.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Don't post your characters name or huge chunks of their gear. Sell them as a character on a different server or offer it without a server and have character server transfer required to sell it. Safety through obscurity.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:23 PM 

Yeah, don't advertise the name. Advertise that you have transfer avalable on the character and calculate it in with your asking price.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:43 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
I thought that the account info has to match in order to transfer a character from one account to another?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:09 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Rileigh wrote:
I thought that the account info has to match in order to transfer a character from one account to another?

A fine question I don't know the answer to. Perhaps Slyfinger could help us out with an answer?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:44 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Yes... it does. Not only that, but it has to be the ORIGINAL account information. IE, what you signed up with. Not just whats currently in there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:02 AM 

You just buy a new WoW account and make the buyer cover the cost.The good thing though, you can transfer accounts and servers at the same time for the same $25. That makes it roughly $65 for the whole process.

Also remember, if the account you are transferring from has BC, the new account has to have BC. So that's an extra 20 dollars.

Edit: Sorry it took so long to reply, this flu is a killer.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:41 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

If the new account receiving the character has the same last name as the originating account you can move it to it.

I.e

Bob Small has a 70 priest to sell Frank Albert, Albert makes a new account under the name Frank Small and voila, free levelz!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:39 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
Oh....I didn't realize that part. I just knew that people in my guild had swapped toons between their accounts, but now that you say that, it dawns on me that the people involved were brothers.

Sorry for the incorrect info, Surcam. :p

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:46 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
The WoW Battlechest includes both game and expansion for 39.99 fyi

You not only need the last names to match on the accounts but need to know the answer to the "secret question" on the receiving account. Went through that the other month when I got my son his own account and moved a couple characters to it for him. In one case we were able to both change the account and server all in one move for the same $25 as mentioned above.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:39 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Still accepting offers :) All potential buyers have turned out to not be serious.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:42 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Sign on to aim every once in a while you bastard.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:52 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

OK fine!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:09 PM 

You'll get that a lot. A ton of "HEY MAN I HAVE THIS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET ASS TRADE DEAL FOR YOU. HOW ABOUT YOU TRADE FOR MY FULLY LOADED ACCOUNT WITH 50 LEVEL 70 CHARACTERS"

The fucking cunts will usually never drop cash or what you're asking for.

People like that are easy to screw over tho. If you fuck with them long enough, eventually you are going to find the one that will break and pay whatever you want. They'll be so desperate to get their hands on your shit, you could probably squeeze another C-Note or two out of them.

Just never fork over the goods until you have cash cleared in hand, or on record of it being in your possession. Put that in your sales disclaimer.

Also add this to your auction.

"Disclaimer: If you are bidding on, inquiring about, or viewing this auction you are stating that you are in NO way affiliated with Blizzard Entertainment or any associated entity. World of Warcraft is a trademark of Blizzard Entertainment. All characters, items, gold pieces, or other intellectual property in World of Warcraft are the sole property of Blizzard Entertainment. This auction is not for the ownership of their intellectual property but rather for the time spent working on this character and acquiring items. All references to 'the character' and/or 'the account' are indicative of my time spent on leveling the aforementioned character. You are bidding on my time levelling for this account. Said account remains the property of Blizzard. You will not 'OWN' the account, for it belongs to Blizzard. The only thing you are bidding on is the game and time I have invested into the account. All characters, items, in-game currency, and anything else associated with this auction will remain the property of Blizzard. By bidding on, inquiring about, or viewing this auction you are stating that you are in NO way affiliated with Blizzard Entertainment or any associated entity. World of Warcraft is a trademark of Blizzard Entertainment. All characters, items, gold pieces, or other intellectual property in World of Warcraft are the sole property of Blizzard Entertainment. This auction is not for the ownership of their intellectual property but rather for the time spent working on these characters and acquiring items. All references to 'the character', 'the account', Character types (ie, 'Shaman', 'Main', 'Alternate/alt') and/or 'items', Gold are indicative of my time spent playing these characters. Before bidding on my auction you must read and agree to Blizzard's EULA located at: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/eula.html all title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to World of Warcraft are owned by Blizzard Entertainment and its licensors. This auction is not for said rights or intellectual property but is a compensation for time and effort invested personally outside the game. All items related in this auction will remain the sole property of Blizzard Entertainment. By viewing OR bidding on this account you assert that you are in no way affiliated or employed with Blizzard Entertainment."

It's total bullshit, but it makes your auction look more "legal". Makes people want to bid on your shit. If you'll notice, it just loops the same stupid lines over and over and over.

People are sheep tho. And the goal is to separate them from their cash.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:26 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Thanks for the tips Givin, I have added a similar disclaimer.

Still selling and slashing price! Send me offers for the whole account, any will be considered. :)

Offline Profile