It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:58 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:25 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Quote:
Almost Ready
We plan to implement the following features in the next major patch.
Please note that this list is a sneak peek at just a few highlights of the next patch. It does not contain every addition, change, or bug fix that will be implemented.

Voice Chat - Players can use a built-in voice chat tool to speak with other players in groups, battlegrounds, and even private channels.
Improved Chat Interface - Improvements to the chat channels and functionality are available under the chat tab in the social window of the interface.
Mac Movie Capture - The Mac client is able to capture in-game video to QuickTime movie files using a configurable choice of codec, resolution, and frame rate.

Coming Soon
We plan to implement the following features in upcoming patches.
Zul'Aman - A high-level 10-player instance located in the Ghostlands
Guild Banks
Sunwell Plateau - A high-level 25-player instance located north of Silvermoon City

There is a quest giver in the BE newbie area that is watching over the Sunwell (looking into the Sea). I wonder if this will replace the Black Temple as the High End raiding zone. Very cool they are adding new content outside of the Outland. Click the link for full details

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:00 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Evilundead Afterlife wrote:

There is a quest giver in the BE newbie area that is watching over the Sunwell (looking into the Sea). I wonder if this will replace the Black Temple as the High End raiding zone. Very cool they are adding new content outside of the Outland. Click the link for full details

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

Yes. The Sunwell Plateau will be the next 25 Man Raid Instance, and it will be the north of Quel'Thalas (if you look at a map of Eastern Kingdoms, you'll see an island north of Quel'Thalas. That island is the Sunwell Plateau. This island isn't to be confused with Sunstrider Isle, the Blood Elf newbie area.). The Blood Elves (under Prince Kael's Orders) have supposedly been using the energies gathered from the Mana Forges in Netherstorm to refuel the corrupted Sunwell in order to summon Kil'jaeden to Azeroth. This info is "sort of" confirmed by A'dal when you turn in the Verdent Sphere (or the Prince Kael Orb) with the following quest dialogue:

<A'dal's thoughts intermingle with your own.>

The sphere... Strange. Did you know that he lived? Yes. It is here - in the sphere itself. Maimed for certain. He calls to a higher power now. No, not Illidan.

Higher.

Kil'jaeden the Deceiver comes...

Not here...

<A'dal points your mind elsewhere.>

Azeroth. Unknown.

Rest. Your brothers and sisters will retake Tempest Keep now.

<A'dal hums a song of battle.>

During the Lore & Quest Panel at Blizzcon, Chris Metzen mentioned that the instance would be Burning Legion related and would further their side of the story. Metzen also admitted that while killing Illidan was a rather large story ending, it had little to do with "stopping" the Legion as Illidan was an enemy of the legion as well.

Existing info says that it will be an outdoor instance with 6 to 8 bosses, with Kil'jaeden more then likely being the final encounter. The only other piece of info to have surfaced implies that Kil'jaeden will not be at 100% of his power, so players may end up fighting a weakened version...this is where I say Vael 2.0 and laugh my balls off.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:49 PM 
Spider Slayer

Ragnaros wasn't at full power either. I doubt Thunderaan was either. In lore they were powerful enough to battle against the Titans so. :P WoW seems to be full of half-dead super entities. Think it just refers to his relative power, it could be like Vael though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:17 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

It'd be nice if they could just release 2.2.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:21 AM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
joxur wrote:
It'd be nice if they could just release 2.2.

No doubt. How long has this been "in the works"?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:33 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Rise of Kunark releases in November, so there is your most likely target release.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:27 PM 
Spider Slayer

That's fine with me. I want my season 2 set and some extra points before season 3 rolls around. >.>

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:27 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Yeah, I'm working on my arena gear and was going to save for the season 3 weapon, but now it might not be a viable option because I don't think I'll break into a 1800+ rating.

Quote:
A weapon isn't going to keep your 1300 team from competing with the best teams.

The change is being made to help keep the nice PvP rewards for the good PvP players, and the nice PvE rewards for the good PvErs. Having the weapons there is too tempting for PvE players to come in, not care about PvP, their team, or rating, and jump in just long enough to go for the weapons and then leave. It's not exactly in-line with the team and ladder based PvP competition the arenas are there for.

Also, there's been no announcement on a final rating. I remember hearing 1800 at BlizzCon, some people say they heard 1900, in any case it's likely to be around there but there's still no final number announced... or even if it's a definite and final change.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:46 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I think that the above is a good change but the funny thing is, the vast majority of people I see running around with average arena teams have a couple pieces of arena armor and some garbage blue weapon. Obviously they do it for looks but it's funny nonetheless.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:01 PM 
Spider Slayer

I read about that. That really sucks for my team. It's really just random friends thrown together, though we made a decent sham/war/war/rog/pally team, we have no reliable CC or magic DPS. So we've been struggling to break 1800 and lose to some really bad teams who have a better matrix. Rogues only do well in 4 DPS teams, and I don't know enough people to coordinate one around me...so I'm just sticking with this team.

Offline Profile