It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:02 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:38 AM 
What does this button do?

Tired of that guy who keeps stealing your demons? Well Blizzard will let you legally kill people through this exploit. If you are in Blades Edge Mountains doing the Ogri’la faction quests you understand how the Fel Cannons work. So all you have to do is get naked and go up to someone you want to kill on your flying mount and then 10 Fel cannon bombs will hit you and your target which will almost instantly kill them and yourself but you take no durability loss.

This has happened to me a couple of times already now and I predict it will only get worse, so why did I write this? I wanted to bring attention to it and how frustrating it can be when it happens to you and a GM says kindly he doesn’t care.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:02 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Why do you need to be naked if there is no durability loss?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:06 PM 

Rift: Bigteeth
Eve Online Handle: Bigteeth
You get no durability cost because you're naked =p.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:11 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Thank you for telling us how to be a gimp.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:26 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
If you want to PK, then play on a PVP server.

Additionally, I'd say that if you happen to (with all your shit on) agro a fel cannon and it happens to hit people around you, then no...Blizzard isn't going to care. If someone is running around naked using the environment to PK people intentionally...pretty sure they'll take action (eventually). Especially since in their TOS there's a blind paragraph about how you cannot make people feel bad, or harass them. They obviously don't usually enforce the whole 'upset others' thing, but it's there for leeway on shit like this.

As far as GMs saying they don't care...there are some moron GMs out there. We had people exploiting the box in Area 52 (they could stand on it, and PK without guard agro), and had to go through 3 GMs and a phone call to get shit done. The first 2 GMs only saw 'wah wah PKing' and as it's a pvp server said 'resolve it yourself'. The last GM finally understood 'exploiting', and that and a phone call had it stopped, and now it no longer works.

They're probably not going to do shit about anyone getting accidentally killed, it's probably intentional. They should do something about people who are intentionally killing others and it's easy to ascertain which is which; if they're doing it repeatedly and if they're naked. Just continue to petition and if it affects you that much, call Blizzard. Also realize that 'taking action' usually means a stern talking to little Timmy, or if he's been an exceptional asshat with many warnings, maaaaybe a 3 day time out. :P Though posting about it is a good way to get it resolved too, either someone sees it who realizes it's an issue...or more morons abuse it, which then makes it a big issue. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:29 PM 

Tarot wrote:
If you want to PK, then play on a PVP server.

Additionally, I'd say that if you happen to (with all your shit on) agro a fel cannon and it happens to hit people around you, then no...Blizzard isn't going to care. If someone is running around naked using the environment to PK people intentionally...pretty sure they'll take action (eventually). Especially since in their TOS there's a blind paragraph about how you cannot make people feel bad, or harass them. They obviously don't usually enforce the whole 'upset others' thing, but it's there for leeway on shit like this.

As far as GMs saying they don't care...there are some moron GMs out there. We had people exploiting the box in Area 52 (they could stand on it, and PK without guard agro), and had to go through 3 GMs and a phone call to get shit done. The first 2 GMs only saw 'wah wah PKing' and as it's a pvp server said 'resolve it yourself'. The last GM finally understood 'exploiting', and that and a phone call had it stopped, and now it no longer works.

They're probably not going to do shit about anyone getting accidentally killed, it's probably intentional. They should do something about people who are intentionally killing others and it's easy to ascertain which is which; if they're doing it repeatedly and if they're naked. Just continue to petition and if it affects you that much, call Blizzard. Also realize that 'taking action' usually means a stern talking to little Timmy, or if he's been an exceptional asshat with many warnings, maaaaybe a 3 day time out. :P Though posting about it is a good way to get it resolved too, either someone sees it who realizes it's an issue...or more morons abuse it, which then makes it a big issue. ;)

It was intentional, all you have to do is be on a flying mount and the Fel Cannons shoot at you, they have a HUGE range. The guy kept getting on his flying mount right on top of me while I was trying to farm demons and then seconds later I would get hit by 6 or so Fel Cannons that put a dot on you for a huge % of your life. I don't play on a PVP server and I don't do this to other people.

There was no way in hell what he was doing was an accident. He did it to more people and when I checked back later he was still doing it to others even his own faction. These quests are the "daily" line so he pretty much has victims all day long and then the next day as well. You also got me on that last sentence, I am posting this to get attention so it's resolved 2 GMs both said he can do it even if it's intentional.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:19 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
As Tarot said, if it continues to happen, petition each and every time it happens. Screenshot the GM's response if he says "tough shit" and make it public. There are ways to fight back, other than posting on these boards. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:45 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Generally when you petition again (each time it happens) you'll get a different GM. Unfortunately most GMs I've dealt with are utter tools. I don't know if it's because they're unbelievably limited as to what they can do, if it's a lack of training and knowledge, or if they're simply low paid desk monkeys.

Regardless, the customer service I've gotten from them is pretty piss poor. They make EQ look good by comparison. The customer service through the telephone though? FANTASTIC. I've had complex issues resolved, they've called me back at home, and followed up with detailed e-mail. It's a completely seperate department (I've asked).

It's really worth taking the time to call them on any issue that's important to you that's not getting resolved.

Additionally appealing to the mob (posting on the blizz forums) is also worthwhile to facilitate change IF you do it right. You just have to be cautious on how you phrase it, so you can avoid the thread being poofed. You don't criticize the GMs, you don't act like an asshole. You simply state your case (this is what happens, this is the result, and it's LEGAL per X, Y and Z). You can even pretend to be a proponent of it (if you do, use another name haha). It will get resolved when either someone at Blizz without their head up their ass sees it, or it becomes so widespread problematic that they end up hotfixing it.

Area 52 AFAIK was hotfixed. :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:01 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
I kinda miss the guards in Ultima Online.

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:03 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

Sarissa wrote:
I kinda miss the guards in Ultima Online.

Sarissa Candyangel

God what was the macro? LET ME BUY THE GUARDS A BANK? I can't recall now haha.

Offline Profile