Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:03 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Quote:
  • The Black Temple
    Originally founded as a Draenei temple, this plot has been conquered and despoiled many times throughout the history of Outland, removing any spiritual grace it may have once held. The Black Temple has been the stage of the Orc Horde's blood curse, a fortress for the then-mortal Ner'zhul, and a prime staging ground for the Burning Legion's campaign of destruction.. Most recently, it has been claimed as home by Illidan, where he and his minions make their bid for power over the remnants of the shattered planet. Now, it is up to you to face the malefic forces of Illidan and his minions in hopes of freeing Outland from chaos and tyranny.

Black Temple is a 25-person raid dungeon located in Shadowmoon Valley.

• Explore an ancient site steeped in Warcraft lore
    • Gain access to more than a hundred new rare and epic items, including tier-6 armor sets
    • Choose your path through a nonlinear level-70 raid dungeon, as you make your way to...
    • Face Illidan himself!
    The 2.1.0 patch and the opening of the now defiled Black Temple, home of Illidan and his minions has long been known. However, the patch is also introducing a great deal of new solo and 5-person content as well, with new rewards, factions, and items. As we're approaching the release of the patch we wanted to share a glimpse into some of the upcoming content that hadn't yet been confirmed for this next patch, or hadn't even been known of until now.
  • Druid Epic Flight Form
    The Druid Epic flight form will be available through a series of quests, similar to the Warlock and Paladin Epic mount quests before it. This quest series will also open up a new boss in Sethekk Halls, and ultimately to the epic flight form.
  • Ethereum Prison
    Players in good standing with the Consortium will be tasked to deal with the most recent activities of the nefarious Ethereum. With new quests, items, and content for the solo and small-group level 70 player, the Ethereum Prison will be the proving grounds for many aspiring to greatness.
  • Skettis
    The Skyguard, Sha'tari warriors specializing in their command of the skies above Shattrath, have taken the offensive directly to the Arakkoa capital city, Skettis. Perched high in the mountains of Terrokar, and only accessible with use of a flying mount, Skettis holds new and exciting content for the solo or small-group level 70 player. All new quests, 5-person bosses, rare and epic items, and a new type of flying mount await those willing to lend their sword or stave to the battle.
  • Nether Drake
    The Netherwing faction and quest line continues and the long awaited Nether Drake becomes available. The Nether Drake is a special 280% speed epic flying mount that is obtainable through solo and small-group play. The quest to obtain one will be difficult, but the reward will surely show your dedication to the Netherwing cause as you soar through the skies of Outland on your very own ethereal drake.
  • Ogri'la
    The Ogre plateau of enlightenment opens to those who prove their worth in Blade's Edge Mountains. Level 70 players will be able to help the Ogres of Ogri'la battle invading forces and engage in new and exciting quests, such as a repeatable and ever popular bombing-run, this time using your own flying mount but with a dangerous twist! Featuring tons of new quests, the Ogri'la faction, 5-person bosses, and rare and epic items, Ogri'la is a place we're hoping all will aspire to enter.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:08 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Sounds awesome! Thanks for posting it here, can't go to "Gaming" sites at work. >:O Lame!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:56 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Quote:
Nether Drake
The Netherwing faction and quest line continues and the long awaited Nether Drake becomes available. The Nether Drake is a special 280% speed epic flying mount that is obtainable through solo and small-group play. The quest to obtain one will be difficult, but the reward will surely show your dedication to the Netherwing cause as you soar through the skies of Outland on your very own ethereal drake.

Sweet!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:07 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
I'm so getting that dragon mount. Woot!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:19 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I'f like to see an instance for easy Consortium rep. And as far as the Drake goes, I guess it will be time to grind even more rep when it comes out. Don't get too excited, though. You'll still have to pay the 5,000 gold for the Epic riding lessons, you can be sure! So will Druids who want the Epic flight form.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:48 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Yeah, but I'm only out 200g for banking the epic gryph. It will probably a chain line of quests as well, with some items and gold along the way. I'm dying for some new quests and content.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:06 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Speaking of that, which zone did you prefer to quest in... Netherstorm or Shadowmoon Valley? I think I liked Shadowmoon better (although I pretty much finished both zones).

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:46 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Well, I'm pretty much done with all of the soloable quest in both zones but I have a few group quests left in both. I just finished that quest that gets me to neutral with the drakes. I don't know, I kind of like Netherstorm because I can farm marks, motes, herbs and ore all in the same zone. I've had some good luck with random blue drops like bringer of death there as well. It's hard to choose because the quests in SMV were pretty good and I'm still using that second sight helm.

I tell you what though, I'm so sick of Shadow Labs! Finally got exalted there last night for my epic mace. I healed all the way to Murmur and then we lost one of the two warriors cause he had to log and I was able to pull in a guild Pally in and go back shadow. I did a really good job healing that for a shadow priest, but I was worried about my mana running low on Murmur. It worked out perfectly though.

I just dropped mining for tailoring this week and I'm working on the shadoweave boots atm so I've been farming the crap out mats in Terokkar and Nagrand.

Edit: Where's the best spot to farm motes of water? Right now I'm farming them below Halaa in Nagrand.

Last edited by Jateki on Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:46 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Neesha the Necro wrote:
Speaking of that, which zone did you prefer to quest in... Netherstorm or Shadowmoon Valley? I think I liked Shadowmoon better (although I pretty much finished both zones).

Netherstorm, hands down, for me. I found the quests very easy to solo on my 70 shadow priest (mostly) for mount money.

Also camped Nagrand ogres til I got a Talbuk mount. :) I never want to see another ogre again.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:54 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Tarot, what's your SP name and server? I wanted to check out your build in the Armory. Mine is Kateki on Azuremyst. Jateki is my son's pally on the same server but he hasn't been playing cause him and his wife just had a baby, plus he works and goes to school at night.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:01 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Any of the elementals in Nagrand provide motes of water, so find one lake that isn't camped, use a cherry, and farm away.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:17 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

WoW: Prystus
Of the drakes, are they still doing the two versions of it? Regular and Armored?

Last I heard the armored one was the full-tilt, speed, bad ass, and was only going to be able to be earned through PvP.

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:20 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I was afraid you were going to say that. That's exactly what I've been doing. :cry: I need 120 for the boots and then 160 for the chest and I have about 56 so far. The drop rate has been like 30% or worse. Damn, that's a lot of elementals.

That Elemental Plateau is mote of fire heaven.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:48 PM 
Spider Slayer

Uhh, go west and you'll find the water elementals at elemental plateau. :x Also can fish motes from the pure water things.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:03 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

The ones by the Altar of Elements (or whatever it is called) have a really excellent drop rate, they die much quicker than the ones on the Plateau, and they are rarely camped on my server. However, I prefer the ones on the Plateau because they can drop a rare enchant (Cat's Swiftness, I believe). All things being equal, however, I'd kill the ones below before the level 70 ones on top of the waterfall.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:44 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

gwiber wrote:
Of the drakes, are they still doing the two versions of it? Regular and Armored?

Last I heard the armored one was the full-tilt, speed, bad ass, and was only going to be able to be earned through PvP.

There will be an armored version somewhere in the line of progression. Drysc posted that when anything was added / upgraded with PVP rewards, PVE rewards would be added to mirror the PVP ones.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:45 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

Skettis has a pretty good drop rate too as long as you stay in the water so you aren't fighting cats and birds and giants all the time.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:54 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Yep, I farm about 4 primal water an hour or so on average out of Skettis (the lakes high above the Allerian Stronghold in Terrokar), just did 12 the other day and have to do 16 more soonish.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:25 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

You owe me 2!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:39 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Oh man guys, thanks so much for that tip. I can farm the silks and motes in the same zone now. Thottbot has the drop rate at about 40% for skettis which is way better than what I'm getting out of Nagrand. A rogue in my guild told me that the drop rate for motes of fire is even better in Blasted Mountains but I haven't checked it out yet.

My tailoring is at 371 now so I need to get to 374 before saturday when my cooldown is ready to make the last two shadowcloth I need for the boots and making those will max me. Anyone WTB Imbued Netherweave Tunics or Robes? :lol:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:40 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Get a guildy to DE them.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:01 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I've been able to sell most of them in the AH, but that's another great idea. Heh, I probably need the shards for enchants anyway and even if I didn't I'm sure they're easier to sell.

Thanks Neesha.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:05 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I just recently hit 375 and am working on the Frozen Shadoweave Tunic, so nice being a shadow priest that can tailor their own uber items. =P

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:58 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Shadow Priests have no business being in raids!!!@#

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:17 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

The tradeskills are awesome in WOW. I really don't know when or if these will ever be upgraded, maybe the new tier 6 stuff is better. Last night was a great night for me, I ran a heroic SP to get some badges and finish off my serpentshrine cavern attunement and I was able to pick up a primal nether. Here's the big question, spellstrike or battlecast?

I'm leaning towards battlecast because of the increased mana pool and hitpoints, plus it's easier to get the materials (Imbued Netherweave instead or Spellcloth). Battlecast would be less dps than spellstrike but I'm not hurting too much for dps now. I’m normally at like 920 or so during raids with the good spirit buff, wizard oil and adept's.

I don't know, what do you think man?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:32 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I'm going Battlecast, mostly because it matches the Shadoweave stuff, and I much prefer the extra Stamina on it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:09 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

The crafting isn't bad, it's the economy that's fucked because of it. Mats cost more then you can sell items for.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:24 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Most mats are easy enough to farm (primals, etc) if you take the time to do it. Spend 30 gold on a Primal Fire or go farm for 20 mins?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:24 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Neesha the Necro wrote:
Most mats are easy enough to farm (primals, etc) if you take the time to do it. Spend 30 gold on a Primal Fire or go farm for 20 mins?

So how long until we need to farm out 5+ primal fire per attempt per player for Prince Kael'thas?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:31 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Atriz wrote:
Skettis has a pretty good drop rate too as long as you stay in the water so you aren't fighting cats and birds and giants all the time.

This is an EXCELLENT tip!!! Thanks so much man. I was getting close to a 50% drop rate. I've got the materials done for the boots and I'm just waiting on my shadowcloth cool down, which is Saturday and I've already got two primal waters for the vest. There's a level 72 elite elemental that dropped 4 motes, but I'm one kill and 2 losses against him. The elite does decent damage and has 30k in HP so it's a pretty hard mob for me to solo right now.
Neesha wrote:

Yep. I check the AH and buy the motes that are a good deal and farm the rest. One Primal Fire or Water runs from 20 to 25 gold on Azuremyst but there's many times I find the motes for around 1.5g or less. I do the same thing with the arcane dust and netherweave, buy some and farm some.

One thing that sucks hard about buying that epic flying mount is that I went from well off, to poor as hell. But power leveling tailoring and enchanting obviously doesn’t help the situation. Then again, in a month or so I should be back to having a couple of thousand gold in the bank and some really nice gear.

Thanks again for the great tips.

Offline Profile