It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:44 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is it me or....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:59 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

are the people in WoW fucking pussies when it comes to flaming people?

Seriously, like, some of the shit we consider ultra tame here is unspeakably evil in WoW it seems. And not just on my server, either. I play on Argent Dawn (lolrpserver I know) and it's like, people will come there from other servers if theirs is down or whatever just to spam our trade channels.

Blackrock is known for this crap.

Well, I decided to have a little fun and flame some of them back, and they were like, the biggest fucking pussies ever written in the history of mankind to ever flame or be flamed. Seriously. They tried using like, 3 lines over and over. I just ripped them apart, and shit, I'm not even saying I'm all that good at flaming.

Is it this way with most WoW servers, or are we just so thick-skinned from so much shit during EQ that what we consider tame really is that bad?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:18 AM 
Spider Slayer

I don't get what your complaint is about. Their flames weren't strong enough or something? o_O

To the onlooker, it just seems like you got trolled. :x

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:50 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I can't really comment on that, but I will say that people are quick to report people (tattle on them) for the lamest shit, and Blizzard seems to actually side with them. I have some guildies (non-eq people) who are always saying they had to report this person for this, or that person for that.

I was in Blade's Edge a month or two ago killing ogres and a Rogue attacked my Sapped mob. Now, this Rogue had previously been spamming the general channel with all sorts of stupid shit throughout my time there, so I was already annoyed with him. When he attacked my Sapped mob (which I consider very uncool for another Rogue to do that to a fellow Rogue), I said something like "you're cool" in /say. He immediately sent me a tell saying "if people didn't kill steal me, I wouldn't have to do that" to which I replied "typical idiot statement from an idiot player". The very next thing he said was "reported!" Now, I didn't honestly think he was serious, so I sent him another tell saying "would you rather I say 'fucking idiot'? And sure enough, I got a warning on my account a few days later with that comment in the email. Pretty weak.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:13 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Blizzard is just more on the ball when it comes to dealing w/ reporting players and what-not. That, and with 8.5 million players you have a higher ratio of thin-skinned knee-jerk people to the casual who-cares / humorous player.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:27 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

xSkycrasherx wrote:
Blizzard is just more on the ball when it comes to dealing w/ reporting players and what-not. That, and with 8.5 million players you have a higher ratio of thin-skinned knee-jerk people to the casual who-cares / humorous player.

Does anyone else remember the lengthy discussion that was had a while back on a similar topic?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:29 AM 
Bridge Dweller

No. I recall one on how PVP doesn't take any skill, though.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:17 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
The whole reported thing is about as annoying as.....

l2p
laser pew pew
less QQ more pew pew
QQmore
kthxbai
u ur wut 2 ne1 r hlp plz wat
Chuck Norris
blind invites
beggers
Americanly Challengedâ„¢ Goldfarmers

EDIT

Honorable Mention goes to...

FTW/FTL
QFT
/sign
GTFO
YARLY
ORLY
NOWAI
AMIRITE
BUTTSECKS
ASCII pictures
and calling someone a Scrub

Last edited by Givin Wetwillies on Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:13 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:22 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Don't forget "FTW" and "FTL"

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:29 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Slyfinger
WoW: Booji
Givin Wetwillies wrote:
The whole reported thing is about as annoying as.....

l2p
laser pew pew
less QQ more pew pew
QQmore
kthxbai
u ur wut 2 ne1 r hlp plz wat
Chuck Norris
blind invites
beggers
Americanly Challengedâ„¢ Goldfarmers

QFT
/sign

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:27 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

posting in legendary thread

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:27 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
I'm guilty of reporting people for stupid shit in the past, but I do have to agree...the WoW player base has a supreme lack of thick-skinned people who use reporting as a scapegoat for not having balls.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:32 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

I lol'd

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:36 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

No no no.

I mean, like, the insults these guys used sucked! My Grandfather has thrown better insults out at people within the last few years, and he's dead.

Personally, I flamed them for kicks to pass the 20 minutes before I had to leave for work.

I find flaming like that, just tossing insults back and forth, kind of fun actually. it's just a way to snicker at how creative some people can get, or at how seriously pissed off someone takes some stupid bullshit insult over the web.

But, these people fucking SUCKED at it. I've found this similarly with people who troll Argent Dawn's forums from other servers as well, and the people who play on my server. None of them flame worth a shit at all. To the point where reading drama posts isn't even fucking entertaining because the flames are so pathetic.

I was just curious if this was the case that most of you had found.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:13 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

1) Your grandfather reference is/was/forever will be lame.
2) You play on ARGENT FUCKING DAWN. Exactly how many people who enjoy flaming like yourself do you expect to find on a RP server? Complaining that nobody is good at flaming on a role-playing server is like saying you can't find a nice normal gal at a Furrie convention. You might have better luck re-rolling on a PvP server if you want to find flame-lords such as yourself.
3) Coming to a messageboard complaining people can't flame as good as you do makes you not only look condescending but also foolish.
4) There is no 4.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:35 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Nekrotic wrote:
1) Your grandfather reference is/was/forever will be lame.
2) You play on ARGENT FUCKING DAWN. Exactly how many people who enjoy flaming like yourself do you expect to find on a RP server? Complaining that nobody is good at flaming on a role-playing server is like saying you can't find a nice normal gal at a Furrie convention. You might have better luck re-rolling on a PvP server if you want to find flame-lords such as yourself.
3) Coming to a messageboard complaining people can't flame as good as you do makes you not only look condescending but also foolish.
4) There is no 4.

1) That's nice.

2) What part of PEOPLE FROM OTHER FUCKING SERVERS did your bra8in not fucking comprehend?

3) I was curious if other people had this issue with shit on their forums and servers. You know, like I asked. Again, read the god damn posts you fucking waste of a faked orgasm. Remember this too: I said i wasn't all that great at flaming. Maybe if you'd fucking read a god damn post or two instead of reading what you want to see, you'd understand things passed half a fucking sentence.

4) Your "There is no number whatever" is just as old, played ou, and fucking lame as anything Zi ever said. So welcome to the club Grandpa. wanna tell me next how you flamed uphill both ways in 5 feet of snow with no shoes on?

The fuck is your malfunction? Did they leave the test tube you were concieved in spinning for too long?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:15 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
And this, friends, is how you troll. Well done!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:41 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Nek, log the hell on and get back into the right guild name. We had to reform to correct the name, so send anyone a tell.

As for good flames, anytime I ever got the urge to really flame someone and show how witty I was, I quickly got reminded of how poor of a flamer I actually am. Hell, I'm the fire hydrant of flaming.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:19 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

we know

Offline Profile