It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:20 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:10 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Lie well.

Just a funny pug story. Ended up having to pugger a MT for Arc. because the MT we had poofed. The guy we got I thought knew someone in the group. But no.

Where to start. Oh, it wasn't just the bad pulls. Or the fact that he didn't watch healer mana. Or that he didn't know what shadowform was, because he asked me if I was holy. (We had a holy priest with us). It wasn't the fact that he threw a tantrum at a certain point saying "FUCK NO MAGE WHAT THE FUCK NOW" when we had a gnome mage in group. Or that he wondered why the gnome hadn't sheeped on his shitty pull, despite the fact that elementals can't be sheeped.

Or that he couldn't hold agro. Ever.

No, it was his bragging.

You see, we were willing to put up with the shittiness because...well it was a pug. And we wanted to struggle onward since it was rather late at night. Foolish choice but lack of sleep and the desire to simply finish will do that.

No, he claimed he had run that instance numerous times with his guild, with nary a problem. So you see the problem had to be every single person in the group besides him. He demanded to know how the fuck he could die with 2 healers in group...when he pulled without announcemenmt while one was AFK, and I was low mana...and in shadowform which I had to drop, then gimpy heal, at which point he was dead. He demanded to know what the fuck the problem was, when he pulled two groups of mobs that couldn't be cc'd. Again, clearly it was us and not him.

So then we get to one of the bosses. He has no idea about the fight. This is the 2nd boss in, perhaps the 3rd, I'm tired. It's the wardenkeeper who summons prisoners. This isn't that far in.

So I ask him..."Don't you run this with your guild all the time, why don't you know this fight?"

He always quits before that point.

Riiiiight. Okay c'mon if you're going to lie, lie well. I'm more insulted that someone thinks we're all that retarded than anything.

So after multiple wipes because again, he sucks at tanking, we decide to call it a night. I then crash, but return (so people don't think I simply disconnected in a hissy fit or something).

The warrior had moved on. But not before claiming he was his guild's Main Tank...who tanks Kara ALL THE TIME. And we all suck and are noobs.

Well, I don't give a shit, plus I'm a priest. I'll be respecing soon, and...I'm a needed class. And I play well. So I can pretty much do what I want. I send tells to his guild.

Lo and behold, surprise surprise...he's not the MT. Gee imagine that. His guildmate was defensive for him, which I can understand. And respect. He wondered if his asshattery wasn't defending himself from our verbal attacks. I explained I'm a 35 year old woman who games, not some QQ kiddie who whines every time something doesn't go her way. Then explained his behavior. And the fact that he continually dragged his guild name into it.

Well the guy said it didn't sound like him at all. I said well perhaps someone plays his account. He asked me what I wanted him to do. I told him nothing. It amused me to verify the obvious, that he's not the MT for his guild. Pugging can suck and I've grouped with others in his guild and don't think badly of them for it. But might want to mention it to the guy tomorrow in case it is someone on his acct making them look like assholes.

So, all in all somewhat amusing, though I'd have rather finished the instance.

It was only slightly worse than the hunter without a pet, which is a story for another day. :roll:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:05 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

OMFG! Could you imagine getting stuck with a pissed off Tarot in tell hell? Getting critically hit by novel after novel of rants?! The massive weight of that kind of spam would easily disconnect someone with a T1 connection. I feel for the poor soul on the receiving end of this wrath.

I’m just kidding Tarot and I’m sorry you had a bad pug. I’ve been there myself. But on a positive, I owned up Black Morass early this morning in a pug to get my Kara key.

Peace-

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:40 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Yeah as much as I whine about the few shitty pugs...I've had tremendous luck with them. Most I've been in have been really good. :D

I'm starting to hate most rogues though. They're either really good, or complete jackasses. Or maybe just the abundance of jackasses make the few normal ones look tremendously good by comparison hehe.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:20 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
I think most people have really decent PUGS, it's just those few every now and then that are incredibly ridiculous that really leave a sour taste in your mouth.

Still, it was an adventure right?!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:29 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

I have a similar story to this, except it wasn't the tank, and was in Botanica.

We form a pug botanica for the most part. I knew one other person in the group, which was the tank, and he knew the healer.

We thought this was goodenough because I'm decently geared (In my Beast Lord Armor) and am Survival Specced for the trapping and CC advantages for heroics and 5 mans in general (Yes I a a hunter). We use the LFG tool. and low and behold a mage is LFg for botanica. We check his guild, and he is in one of the top guilds on our server. So, cool, we snag him.

Biggest fucking mistake ever.

He was slow to sheep, which would occasionally kill he druid healing, he would frost nova directly next to my trap, and then complain that my CC was breaking too early.

Finally, about half way through Botanica I say to him "Look, you frost nove next to my fucking trap one more time and I will misdirection your sheep onto you, repeatedly."

He gets angry and tells the tank "Either the Hunter goes or I go. I am in (insert his guild name here) and we are one of the tops on this server, I think I know my class.

Unfortuneately for him, I can be mouthy, because I used to be guilded with those people beforethey split off and they formed his current guild.

I'm expecting to be told to hush or they'll replace me, when the druid healer says "Then get out. We have another mage" and I watch him get booted from the group. Immediately, though the druid says this, the mage thinks it is my fault and I start getting hate tells.

A few tells to my friends in his guild later, and suddenly the hate tells stop. Ten minutes later I get "Sorry man. I let my brother play my mage since he has one on a PVP server. I didn't know he;'d be a dick. it won't happen again."

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:26 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

I am guessing last night wasn't the night for PUG's.

We were doing mech ( my first time). An actually healing priest and a warr, so I am excited! Then I notice that we keep dying, the key guy, the first named, the other key guy, the 2nd name... I notice that even with misdirect, all mobs run right to me. I notice that when I wait for 5 sunders to be on, they still run to me. I feel so bad for the priest, everyfight he is oom and has agro. (even on single pulls)

So I watch the warr... um, why is he in battle stance on the name... I say go defensive!! He says, no, I am a fury warr, no points in prot. *cry* At this point with my crappy gear I am up to 15g repair, lord only knows what the rest of the groups is like- I was able to fd threw a few wipes.

Well, needless to say- we never made it past the 2nd name. Soon as he said it was the priests fault for pulling agro cause of all the dps- not his for not hitting taunt- well, people left group quick as shit.

So Tarot, I feel for ya. It was not good last night!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:44 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I've heard that it's really easy for good tanks to find a group in Outlands. I'm 57, I can't wait!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:12 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Yeah, good tanks are hard to come by. Damn near every person on my friends list in a tanking druid, warrior or pally.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:19 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Yes, last night must have been the night. I was with three other guildies who were trying to get a SH group going (Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Me - Holy/Prot Pally). We got tired of waiting for a 5th and picked up a PUG warrior. We asked him if he was a tank and he said yes. The first thing the War asks is "Pally what is your +heal?" Now I know I am not the best geared Pally on the server, but I am respectable. I answer him "in my healing gear ~900, unbuffed" Actually it is 913 but I had some tanking gear on, was fighting a couple of orcs at the stone and didn't have the number at the top of my head.
He replies "meh"
So I ask him, "What is your Def?" Knowing that to a real tank it would not have mattered. He replied "11k" then "Oops, my Def is 413"
It was at this point I lol'ed. I told the rest of the group (guildies, in guildchat) "We are in trouble. I have 12K AC in tank gear and 421 Def."

So the Shaman, who was the group leader, asked me if we wanted to continue. I said that we'd be OK if he was prot and had a shield (yes I was not convinced that he was a tank). He linked his shield (green with less +block than my healing shield)
I asked him what his spec was, again, this time he finally answered "oh I am fury/arms"
Then he quickly said that he had to go.

While all this was going on, the Hunter had to go, and we got a guild priest and another guild Pally. I went in tank mode, as did the other guild pally (he is more Holy than I am) and we took out SH. It wasn't pretty. We had a couple wipes. But we killed all the bosses and had a good time.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:32 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I feel that I'm missing out on a great deal of the Warcraft experience by not doing pick up groups...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:40 PM 

Quote:
I feel that I'm missing out on a great deal of the Warcraft experience by not doing pick up groups...
It's like going to Wal Mart at 3am. You see all sorts. Everybody should do it at least once in their lives!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:01 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

ugh last night.

Some 60 warrior ask me if I want to team up with my 59 priest. Was doing fine solo. So ok will give it a try. Watch 3 pulls total and decide to bail after I get keeled cause he couldn't hold agro, after I cast one heal on him. Hit fade cause the critter ran right for me. Then have to heal him again. And again critter comes running to me. :roll:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:28 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
lol good story

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:26 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training