It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:18 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AP/DKP for turn ins ?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:48 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

WoW: Prystus
At the very real risk of getting flamed for relatively minor and inane reasons, I have a literal question for you folks.

Having no idea what brought this idea up to my Guilds leadership, a "poll" has gone up concerning the AP for item turn ins that have been a staple of our guild for almost two years now.

The guild leadership is considering the idea of allowing a straight gold for AP turn in, with a certain max of AP rewarded per week. [For those who care it appears to be 5....]

My knee-jerk reaction at first was to say yes, but the more I think about it. I get an uneasy feeling that the idea could have some serious issues.

I would like to know if any of you have stumbled across this in your own guilds. how you handled it, or if not, what your thoughts are about it. and why it may or may not be a good/bad idea.

Obviously I have my own ideas, but I am "on the fence" so to speak, and this question is about my ideas personally. I am illicting[sp?] your thoughts and opinions.

(For those who MIGHT be interested) [We award 2 AP per boss we are working towards Farm status on, and 1AP per farm status boss. With secret bidding on items among those who are qualified to use the item. Minimum 10AP for non-class specific items. It's worked about 95% of the time so far. We have one asshole who stopped bidding almost a year ago in the Mages who has about 600 or more AP because he wants first shot at the Atiesh piece, since the first person to get a piece gets the whole thing first.]

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:57 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

This is bad. Period.

The reason this is bad is because it lets people buy AP. That is wrong. You should earn it through force of working to help the raid group. Spending gold does not count. You're not there trying to down the boss.

Also, can people who show up to every raid buy this AP? if so, then that;'s another issue, because that means everyone will have to buy it to keep up with those who do if they want a shot at anything.

This is why it is a bad thing.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:04 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Yep, nothing but trouble here. Stick with good old RPP.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:50 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
If people horde AP, make the points expire or devalue after a certain time through some sort of adjustment. Hopefully situations where people truly have nothing to spend them on will occur roughly evenly. But then again, those people should be the best geared by then anyway.

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:40 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
The Chinaman RPP system.

There is no way a system of this type would work because its built on bucking the system and cheesing your way to the top. Matter of fact, the only way to get ahead in the system is to cheat and buy off your AP.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:12 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
People buying AP with out raiding is BAD. The raid exist to get the raid better gear. If they go and don't get anything then they get AP/RPP. If they can get AP/RPP without raiding then you have a major-league fucked up system.

How would you like it if you went to every raid yet were on the outs for getting a sweet new item due to not enough AP, but player2 would log on whenever, goldfarm/PVP or whatever they wanted and bought the max AP every time they could (and ended up with more AP than you) you then hit soome sweet new content and your be-all-end-all loot drops but you get out bid by the schlep that hasn't raided but one time in the past month? There is the hole in this system.

Now, if the guild will BUY AP for gold (as in people turn in their AP for Gold) then the actual value of the AP goes way up. People can get gold for raiding and the people that have and keep their AP will have more value.

Anyhow, I have never been fond of changing a RPP/AP system mid-stream unless it was totally broken. Changing it always benefits some people and screws others creating drama that you didn't need.

Offline Profile