It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:01 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need a good WoW UI
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:26 AM 

I been going to wowinterface but, i'm not seeing the good UI's that everyone have been displaying. Can someone point me to the good UI's :P

Thanks,
Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:28 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
The best advice I can give you is to take about 2 hours and learn how to operate a bar mod and a unit frame mod and spend another few hours making it the way you want it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:06 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
AG Unit Frames
FuBar (like the Titan Panel, only better)
BarTender (or some other bar mod)
Prat (awesome chat mod)

http://files.wowace.com/ (it's actually down as I type this)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:08 PM 
Bridge Dweller

can we see a screenshot of your UI again neesha? imgshost please! what does prat do?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:47 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

My UI is really sloppy, but here are the various pieces of it:

Here are the unit frames. You can customize them more than I did, and the little portraits move around, they don't just sit there frozen. The space below my target (the Crimson Monk) is actually a cast bar. When he casts a spell, you see the cast bar there, which is pretty handy. Other mods can do this as well, of course, but it's a neat addition to the unit frame.

Here is the chat mod. It was actually made from Muaadeb, from EQ, if any of you remember him. It is fully customizable, you can put tells in a separate tabbed window, guild chat in its own tabbed window, and more. It gets rid of those annoying scroll arrows and lets you scroll the chat up and down with your mouse wheel.

Here are the bars I use. I don't use BarTender, but everyone says it is better than what I have (I use Trinity). I am a clicker, but you can still hotkey every button.

Here is the FuBar, which is just like Titan Panel. However, it uses less resources, is updated daily, and has many more options that Titan Panel doesn't have.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:55 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Thanks... that's f'ing sweet. I remember Muadeeb(sp?) too. That's cool. I'll DL that when I get off work and play. :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:03 PM 

I can't read it at work so i'll ask if you guys don't mind hehe...

How does implementing a new UI work in WoW? Especially if you are just implementing pieces like Neesha did such as the Fubar and Bartender?

I enjoyed EQ1 so much more when I was utilizing custom UI's. I am definitely looking foward to on one WoW to at least get rid of the chat arrows hehe :P

Thanks again,
Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:12 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Just unzip them into your Wow/Interface/Addons folder.

If it works right, when you check that Addons folder, you should have a folder with the name of the mod you added in there. For instance, if you add AG Unit Frames, after you extract it, you should see a folder called ag_unitframes in your addons folder. When you log in, you can click the ADDONS button on the character select page (lower left corner) to see which ones you have installed.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:18 PM 

Thanks... that's a huge help :)

Next topic: Best Rogue spec. I'm still researching at the moment but, i'm sure i'll need some opinions. Comparative analysis is fun.

Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:34 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

2 months ago, I would have said Combat Swords or Combat Daggers (for raiding and PVE). Since changing my spec to Subtlety, I have changed my tune. If you are a dagger lover, then I suggest a Mutilate build (Givin will explain exactly why). I am a Sword Rogue and have no plans of ever switching. Unless I switch to Maces, but I haven't seen much that interests me enough in the expansion to make the switch.

Here is the build I am going with now:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=fhe0oxhoZZxrfohhRkxsx

Trust me, it wasn't easy to get rid of things from the combat tree that I loved (like Sword Spec and Blade Flurry). My raid DPS may suffer as well, but I think in 25-man instances, the versatility of the above build will help me more than the extra damage of a Combat build. Also, with 5/5 in Sinister Calling, 15% more Agility at level 70 should be quite substantial. I think that, combined with the +10% attack power I'll get thanks to Deadliness, should really narrow the damage gap we were used to seeing between Hemo Rogues and Combat Rogues.

Offline Profile