It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:03 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Druid mods
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:54 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Any druids have favorite mods (other than Decursive)? I'm planning to level up Feral, but I'm sure I will have to heal in instances from time to time. Anything to make healing and switching gear with forms less painful would be awesome.

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:10 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
If I am not mistaken, Detox a better version of Decursive so you may want to look into that. Also, Itemrack is great for changing gear on the fly. I haven't tried it as a Druid, but I am sure it has sets for when you shape shift. It has them for when you mount, when you enter the Plaguelands, etc, so I am assuming it has them for switching to bear form as well.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:26 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

WoW: Prystus
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4385&sid=1

Short:
Decursive is being removed.

I'd imagine if it does go, many other very similar mods are about to disappear as well.

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:44 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Huh.

I'm just killing time until the expansion, anyway. There's a blood elf mage in my future.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:07 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

I cant wait till the expansion, ive got a 60 druid a 54 hunter, and soon a warlock all of which I cant wait to get to 70 so I can go nuts with thier new talents. Man, im a bm lover already but those new talents are fricking WILD! The 41 point talent is the kind of thing I had in mind when blizzard made thier claim of, "The 41 point talents will be so good that you wont WANT to do a 31/30 talent spec!"

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:44 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Yeah, the BM 41 talent is fucking insane. Every 2 minutes you get Arcane Power with no drawback and apparently some immunity to CC? Um, why?

Quote:
Short:
Decursive is being removed.

I'd imagine if it does go, many other very similar mods are about to disappear as well.

Yep. And thank god.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:29 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

If you dig around the various posts about the LUA script changes, they are implementing new scripts to do the same things as now, and some even better scripts allowing for better mods to come out.

The specific script for decursive / detox etc, that of checking who in the group / raid has a debuff, which debuff they have and choosing which spell to cure it with is going away.

Slouken even posted it's pretty much to say goodbye to the mod. It's been hated since day 1.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:44 PM 
Noob
Noob

Am i right in assuming if they are adding /stopspellcasting or whatever it is, that means mana conserve can be reimplimented?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:52 AM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

Yeah, as is using items from inventory slots.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:20 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

I like a mod called DruidFunc or something similar. It has a lot of druid-specialized features. One of my favorites is a spell rank chooser. When you go to cast HT, or any heal you designate, it will automatically select the lowest rank necessary to completely heal the target. It's a great mana saver. It also has options for swapping armour sets, among other things.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:09 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
I like a mod called DruidFunc or something similar. It has a lot of druid-specialized features. One of my favorites is a spell rank chooser. When you go to cast HT, or any heal you designate, it will automatically select the lowest rank necessary to completely heal the target. It's a great mana saver. It also has options for swapping armour sets, among other things.

Ive never understood mods like this...am I the only person who pre-heals and such? I'd hate to have a mod screwing with what I was casting. =(

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:44 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

Bovinity Divinity wrote:
Quote:

Ive never understood mods like this...am I the only person who pre-heals and such? I'd hate to have a mod screwing with what I was casting. =(

It wouldn't be appropriate for MT healing, but it might be nice for topping people off.

Offline Profile