It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:12 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:50 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
From http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=32274156&sid=1

There was new functionality for quest abandoning added in 1.12.1 that will destroy any items related to the quest as soon as it is abandoned. The note for this didn’t make it in time for the patch, and we’re currently in the process of approving the final revision for the web notes.

This was mainly done to curb some of the experience hording for this expansion, and any future expansions to come. We want to ensure people are leveling at an appropriate pace and not using quests which were not initially designed with an expansion in mind to move past 61-70 levels as quickly as possible. This is one of a few steps to attempt to limit the benefit players will receive from planning level progression through pre-expansion quests and turn-ins.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:05 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

That's a pretty major change to just "forget" to mention. Jesus.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:06 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
They should have posted this, but I'm glad for this change. I don't always remember to junk the quest related items in my bank when I drop quests, and after a while you forget what item is for what quest. This makes that simpler.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:51 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

WoW: Prystus
Seems to me, I might be wrong, it isn;t neccasarily about junking the stuff after you're done, or forgetting the items.

They are getting people who are stacking up quest chains or quests that require multiple turn-ins WHo are getting ot the end of the qust, then deleting it, after already doing everything but hte last turn-in. So they can stack near finished quest after near finished quest turn-ins.

If you have say 20-30-or more turns-ins ready for that many quests(or more) ready to turn in, and all you need to do is retake the quest, then hand in the item, you've artifically set up yourself for a masisive quick exp boost.

If you have(for instance) the items turn ins for 50 known Lvl.60 quests the day the 61-70 lvl mod goes online. who far will you jump in just the first say... 2-3 hours after release?

They must have gotten wind of someone doing this. I can think of a LOT of people they are about to be mad... as... hell.

Personally I didn't think of it, I probably would have tried it too.. *Shrug* And been pretty mad.

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:30 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Who cares. Not like leveling is going to be hard anyway. The real bottleneck will come from people camping the only sorces of 60+ mobs avalable till their stupid Dark Portal event is finished.

70 in a week, if that.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:08 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

This will also eliminate all those mid level's in furbolg form who delete the quest in Ashevale after getting the unlimited charge furbolg form wand since they lose the item at the final turn in and they want to keep it...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:40 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

puts a small damper in joana's leveling guide too,

also for the "revenge best served cold" stv quest it stops you from letting quest timer expire then turning it back in in stormwind at your leisure instead forcing you to fly to stv and back and get this drop in less than .5 hours.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:14 PM 
Noob
Noob

I was burned by this change this weekend on an alt. A collection quest appeared bugged as nothing happened for the turn-in, yet it said completed in my quest log. I figured I would drop it, pick it up again and try the turn-in again. As soon as I dropped it, the 12 items disappeared. As it was about a 1 in 5 drop rate, I didn't bother picking it up again.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:20 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Have fun completing raid armor quests while still doing group quests the rest of the week now.

Offline Profile