All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:09 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Its a smokescreen.

Most classes have X, Y, Z and wrong.

The way they designed the talent systems it's almost a perfect paint by numbers situation as to what talents to take and what criteria you have to meet to benifit from it.

It is Everquest AAs with a Flowchart system.

And it all looks great on paper, untill the math monster comes along and people see the nitty gritty of specs, classes and roles.

Every class will forever be optimized for one set role. They "can" do multiples, but math puts them in their place.

"Warriors can DPS"
--Translates to "Make them reroll as rogues and they can do more DPS, and safer"

"Druids can DPS"
--See Warrior except add in rogue and or mage"

"Hunters can DPS"
--Reroll mage and do it even better, or rogue if you want up close DPS"

"Anyone with a heal button" --Congratulatoins you automaticly get hit with the stereotype penis. Guess what your role is going to be. Buff and heal.

And the list goes on. Now I do not agree with it. I hate it. I always believe skill is behind the player, not the color of his class icon. But thems the breaks. And it stinks like pure shit.

Same with every game tho. You played a mage. You know what i'm talking about. Being the jack of all trades class sucks. When you are passed over because there are plenty of classes people look for that do things better is shitty.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:15 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Givin's Profile

My Profile

If you compare our two profiles, you'll see what looks to be two totally different sets of gear, but there's nothing he has other than the Doomhide Gloves and the 2 pieces of Deathdealer that I haven't passed on at one time or another, and I am sure he will say the same about my gear.

Granted, this is an old profile of Givin's, and I haven't had anything new in ages, but again, the limits on what gear you can have is the biggest turn-off in the game, when you compare it to something like EQ. In EQ, when you saw someone with VT loot early on, you were impressed. You knew when someone had good shit as opposed to someone in crap they got in the Bazaar. I wish WoW had more variety like that, honestly. Other than a few unique items (mainly ranged weapons like the Dragonbreath Handcannon), there's not anything really special-looking when you look at a Rogue who's guild has beaten the end-game vs. a Rogue who still is stuck in the beginner instances. The Nax loot has widenend that gap, somewhat, but there's still not that "HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THAT GUY" feeling that we had in EQ when we saw Jarsek running around with the latest cool shit.

Last edited by Neesha the Necro on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:22 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:21 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Back to my previous questions, and Givin's responses....

If I get GM maces, won't the stuns only work if I go mace spec in the Combat tree, or do they do random stuns just because they are maces? I thought something was changed with that when they revamped the mace spec. As long as I went without a Servo Arm, and with the changes coming, I don't know or care if I will ever get one now.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:38 PM 

Stun is only for the mastery talent in combat. I have to keep telling myself that also.

The reason I suggest maces in above as first would be they are the closest dual purpose weapon type out of all of them for PvE and PvP. You can still run with them for both circumstances and they work in both types of spec, combat and sub.

The mace spec obviously isn't as usefull as sword or h2h for raiding, but sometimes I get an itch to kill people. It's more of a "im too lazy to respec" thing.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:41 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
Stun is only for the mastery talent in combat. I have to keep telling myself that also.

The reason I suggest maces in above as first would be they are the closest dual purpose weapon type out of all of them for PvE and PvP. You can still run with them for both circumstances and they work in both types of spec, combat and sub.

The mace spec obviously isn't as usefull as sword or h2h for raiding, but sometimes I get an itch to kill people. It's more of a "im too lazy to respec" thing.

Doesnt the mace stun effect cause problems with diminishing returns on your other stuns? Or do they count as totally seperate abilities? I used to play a warrior dual wielding maces with the stun spec, after the first proc, any after that were basically nothing but a random chance at a spell intterupt.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:59 PM 

Nope.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:28 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Spam got through! WHo activated that fucking account lol

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Moderator: Solanthious Go to page Previous  1, 2