It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:45 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yes...No...Yes...No...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:30 AM 
Noob
Noob

When I canceled my account last March, I had a 60 priest, 60 druid and a 56 warlock. I just burned out on the game and was frustrated with some of the decisions Blizzard made.

Due to lingering after effects of an accident and surgery, it doesn't look like I'll be very physically active this fall and winter, so considered re-activating the account, but starting over on a newer server. Although 30 minutes on the official WOW forum almost convinced me otherwise, perhaps if I stayed away from them, maybe I could have fun. :wink:

Is anyone on one of the newer servers? If so, what's the culture? Or what's your perspective from what faction?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:18 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
I started a Warrior on Gnomeragean. Everyting was great until the "server fixes" started and Gnomer was the PREFERRED server. Now we are over-populated with a bunch of "OMG MY SERVER IS DOWN!" assholes that do a bunch of nothing.

I think most of the people are involved in BG's. I am 45 and slowly grinding and finding s PUG is sometimes painful. It seems that there are more Paladins on this werver than I am used to seeing.

There are quite a few 60's with the top guild in MC and the 60's in my guild have almost killed Hakkar (10% with no MC+ gear)

The economy doesn't seem to be out of whack and we are still doing the war effort.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:55 AM 
Noob
Noob

EQ1: Kiddanesh
<3 Myschief.
I'm on one of the oldest servers Mys so I couldn't really tell you much. My advice is stay away from the forums though. ;)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:02 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

The forums can be nice, if you can stomach wading through the bullshit to find the 5 posts of value that get made in any given day.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:04 AM 
Noob
Noob

<3 Kiddanesh / Kyoi :)

I'm looking at the lower population servers and casual raiding guilds. You never know, I might wind up re-activating after all. :p

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:15 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Caladaar
WoW: Dirka
Resist the Dark Side!

<3 Mys

The biggest enemy of freedom is a happy slave.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:17 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Gnomeragn is pretty low pop, seems an even balance between horde and alliance. I played a toon up to 35 on both sides, and it was pretty easy finding groups so far. However, it seems to be more PVP focused, even though it's a PvE server.

Metric fuckton of Warlocks, Warriors, Hunters, and Rougues. Tells you the nature of the server.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:45 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
Metric fuckton of Warlocks, Warriors, Hunters, and Rougues.

I think you just described every server.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:26 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Abysmul
WoW: Who
Hell, we often look for Locks... we have too many Priests.. they wait in line to go on a raid. :|

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Mys!!!

Come play on my server! Actually, I'm on and older server, and doing the full-time raid thing, so not really what you are looking for. But I'd love it if came anyway, or at least stop in and say Hi from time to time!

But really, as everyone else has said, ignore the boards. Find a nice guild you can really connect and make friends with. I have yet to see any servers that have the kinds of communities EQ and particularly Lanys did, so your guild will be your social circle. Try the pvp. Even if you dont think much of PVP, you can always roll a healer and play Defense, or some such and it's another good way to really make friends and get to know people.

Moerne, Cleric of Lanys
Windaria, Alliance Druid of Hyjal

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:26 AM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
If blizzard opened an 18+ server I'd consider playing again lol. :p

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:19 AM 
Noob
Noob

Moerne! LTNS!

I was looking at the realm forums on a couple of low to medium population servers and found a couple of guilds that seemed casual raiding focused. Being the analyst that I am, I researched the guilds, their rosters, policies and such and then posted on one of the guild's forums. There was a positive reaction, so I wound up reactivating my account and moved my priest to Ysera. The guild I joined farms ZG for better gear to tackle AQ20, so I'm right in line with their progress.

I used to be a tri-spec that changed to Disc/Holy just before canceling, so had to relearn how to play properly. I'm now looking at swapping to a Holy/Disc spec. However, farming is a royal pain, so this week I moved my warlock over as well just to farm. :)

Offline Profile