It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:41 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sitting here at work
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:37 PM 

So I cant see the Wow page. What was todays patch about? What did it fix? <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Sitting here at work
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:06 PM 

General<
>
- Fixed an issue where players were still being disconnected in 1.11.0 when trying to log back in within 20 seconds of a client crash.<
>
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to place special bags inside one another.<
>
- Applied a fix where players reported that they are sometimes unable to resurrect at their corpse.<
>
- Fixed a graphical error where when viewing a character from a second computer, a player who had his weapons sheathed did not appear to have any weapons on his side or back.<
>
- Fixed an issue where a player received a fatigue bar after a disconnection occurred during a flight path over deep water.<
>
- The Looking For Group channel is now defaulted off. Players will need to join the channel to access it. (/join LFG)<
>
- Fixed an issue where temporary weapon enhancements such as poisons would not persist after zoning or logging.<
>
<
>
Druids<
>
- The tool tip for the talent Omen of Clarity now reflects its new duration of 10 minutes.<
>
- Fixed an issue where players with the Heart of the Wild talent were losing health each time they shifted to Bear Form or Dire Bear Form.<
>
- Fixed an issue where players with the Furor talent were not staying<
>
in combat mode when shifting to bear form and were losing the extra rage generated.<
>
<
>
Hunters<
>
- Players are no longer able to animate emotes while using Feign Death.<
>
<
>
Paladins<
>
- Seal of Righteousness will now benefit properly from wizard oil and other effects which give bonus damage against specific creature types.<
>
- Fixed a bug where sometimes casting a spell immediately after a swing would prevent Seal of Command from triggering.<
>
<
>
Priests<
>
- Fixed an error where Priests in Spirit of Redemption form did not benefit from plus to healing items.<
>
- Touch of Weakness will now work again when you have Power Word:Shield active on yourself.<
>
<
>
Warriors<
>
- Fixed an issue where the Improved Charge talent was incorrectly increasing the amount of rage generated by Charge.<
>
<
>
Items<
>
- Fixed an issue where the Undead female's ears clipped through the item "Polar Helmet."<
>
- Fixed several graphical anomalies with a female Troll wearing Dreadnaught armor.<
>
- Fixed an issue where the trinket "Spectral Essence" was not working inside of the castle in Caer Darrow. This was preventing players from seeing Magistrate Marduke and starting the quests he gives.<
>
<
>
Professions<
>
-Fixed an error that if you try to create a Soul Shard bag while you have one equipped the materials used for the creation of the bag are consumed and the bag is placed in the inventory queue.<
>
<
>
Raids and Dungeons<
>
- Fixed an error where Necro Knight Guardians in Naxxramas were sometimes causing players to crash when they cast their Blink ability.<
>
<
>
Battlegrounds<
>
- Fixed an area within Warsong Gulch where a person could get stuck and was no longer targetable.<
>
- Fixed an issue where sometimes a queued player can't enter a new battleground.<
>
<
>
User Interface<
>
- Using /chatwho for the Looking for Group channel should no longer disconnect players from the server.<
>
- Fixed an issue where the Guild Recruitment channel option could not be enabled.<
>
- Fixed an issue where the use of "Show Target of Target" feature on a friendly target overlapped the fifth buff, making it difficult to see.<
>
- Fixed an error where player colored debuff icons were not displaying their correct color.<
>
- Fixed an error where negative effects were not causing party player portraits to pulse the effect color as indicated in the 1.11.0 patch notes.<
>
<
>
Mac<
>
- Fixed a bug in 3D sound positioning that would occur in various situations, such as leveling up or standing above a body of water. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:12 PM 

Be nice if they fixed the screen freeze and horrible framerate problems folks are experiencing. I still cant play in windowed mode since 1.11<
>
<
>
Any window that pops up over the wow screen freezes up the picture, or drops framerates to like 3. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:11 PM 

Hrmph, I don't experience that. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:43 PM 

Neither do I <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:50 PM 

hehe, the 14+ page thread in the tech support forum on WoW page says others are. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:13 PM 

How many of those posts are from the same people?<
>
<
>
Just because there's a 14+ page thread on TS, doesn't mean even 1% of WoW subscribers have the issue. ---<
>
vanamar<
>
modern day heresies<
>
dieinachurchfire.org (coming soon!)<
>
my livejournal<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:29 PM 

Well. <
>
<
>
I do. Night before 1.11, no issue. Day of 1.11, Issue. Was plain as day even as my firewall window came up recognizing the newly patched Wow as a new program and asking what to do with it, window popped in front of wow screen, framerate dropped to a stuttering clusterfuck. In game I so much as hit the windows button or tab over, entire game screen freezes up...but only visually. The game goes on as normal in the background as I can hear everything going on still.<
>
<
>
Folks having this problem are desribing the exact same thing.<
>
<
>
Glad this issue isn't affecting you. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:48 PM 

I run 2 instance of WoW at the same time and alt-tab between them and I don't experience it. Of course I keep up to date drivers (of course by up to date i mean I go to unofficials sites and use beta leaked drivers most of the time). When was the last time you upgraded DirectX? did you know that even if the version number didn't change they often release new version of DX 9.0c like last April and last June.<
>
<
>
Yeah some people experience the same problem at the same time but if it was THAT widespread there would be a lot more people having this problem. maybe while they see if they can fix thatyou should just find out what in YOUR system make this problem happen with WoW version 1.11 -Everyone has the right to my own opinion.<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:28 PM 

thats right<
>
<
>
damn you larreth!!! Youre not paying WoW 15 bucks a month to fix WoW for you, do it your damn self! <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:06 PM 

They still haven't fixed the bug with spirit of redemption, where it doesn't actually put you in angel form until the duration is finished, and you die again immediately. This didn't happen before 1.11. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:37 AM 

lol Improved Death <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:13 AM 

6 Million Users. <
>http://www.myspace.com/thewatcher2k<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:54 AM 

The Spirit of Redemption problem is very annoying. I used to be able to cast 2 greater heals and a renew before my Angel was up. Now Im lucky to get 1 Greater heal off and sometimes I cant even get off a Flash heal <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:26 PM 

Quote:They still haven't fixed the bug with spirit of redemption, where it doesn't actually put you in angel form until the duration is finished, and you die again immediately. This didn't happen before 1.11.<
>
<
>
Oh really? How many people have reported this? 0.5% of WoW's subscribers? Have you deleted all your custom UI files? Hm???? Beads!<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:56 AM 

**Update**<
>
I downloaded the new Directx, and was surprised to find Nvidia drivers from as recent as June of 06.<
>
<
>
The choppyness in windows mode is still there but much much less. Whats really weird tho is say I open a explorer window over wow, half minimized. Wow seems ok but the second I hit favorites or any pulldown menu in that
owser window, I can see wow behind it going into full on stutter mode.<
>
<
>
These new Nvidia drivers seem to have a bit of graphic glitch in WoW also that I didn't have prior to them. When looking around left and right its ok, but if I start to rotate up there is like a 2 inch band near the top that goes from left to right across the width of the screen that kind of flickers, like that band is half a second behind the rest of the graphics. <i></i>