It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:51 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shaman Review
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:31 AM 

All in all, very good changes, bit disapointed that mana tide wasn't made a core ability but it's one less totem I have to drop all the time. Very disapointed that chain heal wasn't improved, if anything I figured that had to be #1 on the list of things to improve.<
>
<
>
We've recently completed an extensive review of the Shaman class, plugging in many changes for the next major content patch.<
>
<
>
One of the first thing we reviewed was the mana cost for each Shaman spell and ability. The following list of spells will see a reduction in mana cost upon the release of the next patch.<
>
<
>
# Searing Totem - Mana cost reduced.<
>
# Mana Spring Totem - Mana cost reduced.<
>
# Healing Stream Totem - Mana cost reduced.<
>
# Rockbiter, Frost
and, Flametongue and Windfury Weapon - Mana costs reduced.<
>
# Lightning Bolt - Mana cost reduced.<
>
<
>
Next we took a took a pass at the duration for each Shaman spell and ability. This next list outlines spells which will see an increase to spell duration for patch 1.11.<
>
<
>
# Disease Cleansing Totem - Duration increased.<
>
# Fire Resistance Totem - Duration increased.<
>
# Flametongue Totem - Duration increased.<
>
# Frost Resistance Totem - Duration increased.<
>
# Grace of Air Totem - Duration of ranks 1 and 2 increased.<
>
# Nature Resistance Totem - Duration increased.<
>
# Poison Cleansing Totem - Duration increased.<
>
# Stoneskin Totem - Duration increased.<
>
# Strength of Earth Totem - Duration of ranks 1 through 4 increased.<
>
# Tremor Totem - Duration increased.<
>
# Windfury Totem - Duration increased.<
>
# Windwall Totem - Duration increased.<
>
<
>
Players should also be happy to know that skill levels gained with two weapons when specced with the "Two-Handed Axes/Maces Enhancement Talent" will now be retained should a player unspend this talent point and return to it later.<
>
<
>
Since we're on the topic of talents, I thought I'd give you some insight to a number of upcoming changes specifically affecting talents for the next patch. A full preview will be available through the interactive talent calculator, which should go live sometime in the next couple of days. Please note when reviewing these changes that it isn't necessarily comprehensive of every change, and that all numbers provided are based upon maximum rank investment.<
>
<
>
Elemental<
>
<
>
Starting with the first tier, you'll immediately notice that Convection has replaced Improved Lightning Bolt. Only now the passive effect of Convection will reduce the mana cost of Shock, Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning spells by 10%. Similarly, you'll notice that the Concussion will now improve damage done by Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning by 5%, in addition to Shock spells.<
>
<
>
Moving along to the second tier, you'll notice Earth's Grasp, a talent that increases the health of the Stoneclaw Totem by 50% and the radius of the Earthbind Totem by 20%, for a mere two points. This is a significant improvement over the current Improved Stoneclaw Totem talent.<
>
<
>
Call of Flame will now increase damage done by Fire Totems by 15% for 3 points, rather than 10% for 5 points.<
>
<
>
The final tier 2 talent available is completely new -- Elemental Warding. For three points this talent will reduce damage taken from Fire, Frost and Nature effects by 10%.<
>
<
>
Outside of the fact that there is no longer a prerequisite for Reverberation there are no changes to the tier 3 Elemental talents.<
>
<
>
The fourth tier now has a few more options available beyond just Improved Fire Nova Totem -- which is now named Improved Fire Totems, and now decreases the threat generated by the Magma Totem by 50%, in addition to the two second reduction to the delay before the Fire Nova Totem activates. Those new options are:<
>
<
>
Eye of the Storm (3 points): Gives you a 100% chance to gain the Focused Casting effect that lasts for 6 sec after being the victim of a melee or ranged critical strike. The Focused Casting effect prevents you from losing casting time when taking damage.<
>
<
>
Storm Reach (2 points): Increase the range of your Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning Bolt spells by 6 yards.<
>
<
>
Deeper into the tree, at tier 5 you'll notice another new talent -- Elemental Devastation. For three points, your offensive spell crits will increase your chance to get a critical strike with melee attacks by 9% for 10 seconds.<
>
<
>
Competing with this talent is Elemental Fury, left unchanged.<
>
<
>
The second to final talent in this tree is Lightning Mastery, while left unchanged now requires Call of Thunder.<
>
<
>
Toping off this tree, the 31-point talent, Elemental Mastery will now reduce the mana cost of the next spell by 100%, in addition to giving your next Fire, Frost or Nature spell a 100% critical strike chance. Also, the cooldown has been reduced to 3 minutes, from 5.<
>
<
>
Enhancement<
>
<
>
The only change to the first tier of talent in this tree affects Shield Specialization, which now offers a 25% increase to the amount of damage blocked by shields, in addition to improving block chance by 5%.<
>
Moving onto tier 2 talents, you'll also notice only a single change. Guardian Totems, which replaces the Improved Stoneskin Totem talent, reduces the cooldown of the Grounding Totem by 2 seconds and increases the effect of both the Stoneskin Totem and Windwall Totem by 20%.<
>
<
>
Upon reaching tier 3, players will notice that the Improved Strength of Earth Totem talent has been replaced with Enhancing Totems which increases the effect of Earth and Grace of Air Totems by 15%.<
>
<
>
Flurry and Toughness will now be the tier 4 options, both left unchanged.<
>
<
>
Competing with Parry, at tier 5 will be two new talents:<
>
Improved Weapon Totems (2 points): Increases the melee attack power bonus of your Windfury Totem by 30% and the damage of your Flametongue Totem by 12%.<
>
Elemental Weapons (3 points): Increases attack power bonus of Rockbiter by 20%, Windfury by 40% and damage of Flametongue/Frost
and by 15%.<
>
<
>
Weapon Mastery, now the new 26 point talent increases the damage you deal with all weapons by 10%.<
>
<
>
Lastly, Stormstrike, now the only 31-point talent option in this tree has had it's mana cost reduced and the cooldown shortened to 20 seconds.<
>
<
>
Restoration<
>
<
>
The first changes to this tree start at the 2nd tier. Improved Reincarnation will now resurrect the Shaman with 20% more health and mana, in addition to the 20 cooldown minute reduction. Ancestral Healing will provide the same benefit for only 3-points, and Totemic Focus will now reduce the mana cost of totems by 15% at max rank.<
>
<
>
Four new talents are now available as tier 3 options.<
>
<
>
Nature's Guidance (3 points): Increases chance to hit with melee and spells by 3%.<
>
Healing Focus (5 points): Gives you a 70% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting any healing spell.<
>
Totemic Mastery (1 point): Increase radius of totems that affect friendly targets by 5 yards.<
>
Healing Grace (3 points): Reduces threat caused by healing spells by 15%.<
>
<
>
Combat Endurance, Eventide and Improved Lesser Healing Wave have been removed from the game completely, keeping Captain Placeholder company.<
>
<
>
At tier 4, replacing the Improved Healing Stream Talent is Restorative Totems. A talent that increases the effect of the Mana Spring and Healing Stream Totems by 25%.<
>
<
>
You'll notice two things at tier 5. Nature's Swiftness no longer has a prerequisite, and another
and new talent:<
>
<
>
Healing Way (3 point): Healing Wave spells cast on the target cause an effect that increases the effectiveness of any Healing Wave spell cast on that target by 6% for 15 seconds. This effect will stack of to three times.<
>
<
>
The last change to this tree affects the 31-point talent, Mana Tide Totem. Mana regen has been increased for all ranks.<
>
<
>
Other notable changes, you should be aware of include:<
>
<
>
# Windfury Weapon - Attack power bonus reduced. (This spell's effectiveness will now be more in line with other weapon enchantments).<
>
# Flame Tongue Weapon - Damage increased.<
>
# Rockbiter Weapon - Attack Power increased slightly.<
>
# Flame Shock - Damage over time portion of all ranks slightly increased. Mana cost of ranks 3 through 5 decreased.<
>
# Flame Shock - A new rank is available (rank 6) from Upper Blackrock Spire.<
>
# Elemental Fury: Tooltip now indicates it increases the critical damage for Searing Totem, Magma Totem, and Fire Nova Totem.<
>
# Fire Nova Totem: This totem now receives increased damage from effects that increase the Shaman's spell damage.<
>
# Grounding Totem: This totem will no longer reflect the Mage talent Combustion back onto the Mage.<
>
# Healing Stream Totem: This totem now receives increased healing from effects that increase the Shaman's healing and spell damage.<
>
# Magma Totem: This totem now receives increased damage from effects that increase the Shaman's spell damage.<
>
# Searing Totem: This totem now receives increased damage from effects that increase the Shaman's spell damage.<
>
# Windwall Totem: Greatly improved damage reduced by this totem. Kuwen Furyblades<
>
Hunter of Memento Reejeryn<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Shaman Review
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:54 AM 

Two things about this: <
>
First) Yeah, that's great. Let's take the class, who was bitching moreso about PVE utility and such instead of PVP and make their strongest PVP tree stronger.<
>
<
>
Second) Totems are still fucking shitty compared to greater blessings. Grand.<
>
<
>
There, that's it. And yes, I know both sides of the fence. I have level 60's Horde and Alliance side, and I have raided on both sides, with Shaman and Paladins. What pisses me off is if I were heading into ZG, MC, etc, I'd rather have a Paladin watching my back.. If I were heading into AB, WSG, AV, or whatever pvp area, I'd rather have a Shaman backing me up. Predator Uluth Gak<
>
Level 66 Feral Lord<
>
Bloodsong.<
>
<
>
The Iksar, The Myth, The Tail <
>
<
>
<
>
There is no such thing as right or wrong; only pleasure and pain.<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:27 AM 

People are making the oversight that since mana tide totem was not made a core ability that the resto tree improvements were negligible. <
>
<
>
This is not the case, mana tide totem *is* a worthy 31 pt resto talent, the problem was in the fact you had to completely *waste* 15 talents getting to it. Those useless talents have since been removed/amalgamated and much better talents put in their place.<
>
<
>
Healing Way (3 point): Healing Wave spells cast on the target cause an effect that increases the effectiveness of any Healing Wave spell cast on that target by 6% for 15 seconds. This effect will stack of to three times. <
>
Healing Focus (5 points): Gives you a 70% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting any healing spell. <
>
Totemic Mastery (1 point): Increase radius of totems that affect friendly targets by 5 yards. <
>
Healing Grace (3 points): Reduces threat caused by healing spells by 15%. <
>
<
>
The above are all quality talents and worth spending points on.<
>
<
>
The problem is the people who are whining want their cake and to eat it too; they want the powerful pvp tree that is elemental to be as useful in raids as restoration and they want the strong soloing/pvp tree that is enhancement to be as useful in raids as restoration and that’s just unrealistic.<
>
<
>
As far as totems go, I somewhat agree with you but I think Blizzard’s logic is along the lines of the overall boost to power with totems is greater than blessings but you pay for it with the increased micro management. The proof of this is that I can have a strength totem, agility totem and flametongue totem running for melee and their boost is much greater than a single blessing given by a single blessing. Likewise for casters, I can improve their mana regen and decrease their threat reduction simultaneously, not the case with blessings. Hopefully with the increase range (via talents), increased durations and lowered mana costs to boot, management of totems will become more reasonable.<
>
<
>
Still mad chain healing is still as crappy as ever though. Kuwen Furyblades<
>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:51 AM 

From an Alliance perspective, I'd say "why buff an already overpowered class this much?"<
>
<
>
From a Horde perspective, I'd say "omg Paladins r still much better nerf them pllz!" <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:03 AM 

Paladin Greater Blessings are >> totems.. but I think that has a lot to do with each pally being able to cast a different type of blessing on every class. If they made it so totems could affect the entire raid, instead of only one group, it would probably help a lot. Having to have 8 shaman on a raid probably sucks = But then, having 8 shaman on a raid doesn't gimp you as badly as having 8 pallies. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:08 AM 

After playing both sides a bit...I still say shaman get too much of too much.<
>
<
>
No caster class should be hitting for 500+ a hit, get a spell interrupting instant spell every 5 seconds, good armor, travel spells, warstomp (since like every shaman I see is a tauren) etc etc etc etc.<
>
<
>
I agree to fix the various bugs and pve stuff but shaman in no way shape or form needed any more assistance in pvp. Shaman is the one class that has literally been bitched about since beta and the only class to not take a nerf batting. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:26 AM 

I strongly disagree with totems affecting the entire raid, but I wouldn't be opposed to blessings/greater blessings only affecting the group you're in - as long as you can cast more than one blessing on a person.<
>
<
>
On the other hand, you could always have raid totems use reagents and cost about 3 times as much mana. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:36 AM 

It's only Blessing of Kings that is really a problem. Give a shaman a fire totem that enhances stamina, or something like that, and that would be good. No more powerful than Kings' stamina increase even.<
>
<
>
But, no one can ever deny the benefit of being able to give your MT more health, str, and agi all at once, for 15 minutes at a time.<
>
<
>
And, for the record, I have a shaman alt. It needs no extra help in pvp, though I think the totem stuff in the enhancement tree rocks. It will give more shaman the ability to be support healers for the hunter/rogues of the raids specifically. Dropping improved grace of air totem rank 3 for a Hunter with LR nets them like, 102 agility. That's huge.<
>
<
>
I still stand by the fact the elemental tree needed no changing except for Improved Stoneclaw Totem.<
>
<
>
Resto looks good, as does enhancement, but, it leaves little room for the beneficial utility of being able to do more than cast a random heal and spam totems every minute in raids. I can see how that would be shitty for a shaman, especially when while doing that they don't do it nearly as well, or give more health to the raid, as Paladins do.<
>
<
>
Make no mistake. I don't think Shaman should out heal and out buff Paladins at all. If that were to happen, I'd want Paladins to actually get the same dps as Shaman can have. But then you'd see never ending bitching from both sides.<
>
<
>
I guess I was just hoping for some more innovative changes like the greater blessings. Raid affecting totems and the like, that lasted for 5 minutes instead of 2. Nothing like 15 minute class specific greater blessings, but something similar, though less powerful. Ah well. Not like my Night Elf Hunter isn't my main now anyway. Predator Uluth Gak<
>
Level 66 Feral Lord<
>
Bloodsong.<
>
<
>
The Iksar, The Myth, The Tail <
>
<
>
<
>
There is no such thing as right or wrong; only pleasure and pain.<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:56 AM 

wowjesusshaman.ytmnd.com/<
>
<
>
The Birth of Tarot (NSFW)<
><
>
Keep my head from exploding?...<b>You can help!</b><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:01 AM 

The jig is up. Kuwen Furyblades<
>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:13 AM 

I specced my shaman for PvP, I think my talent points is something like 27/24/0. I didn't put any points into Restoration because the only thing I liked in there was NS, which is great I guess for 1v1 PvP, but in a BG setting I would rather put out more DPS for cps than worry about an instant heal only to get killed later when I got gang-raped (hello paladins).<
>
<
>
Which
ings me to....<
>
<
>
Quote:Starting with the first tier, you'll immediately notice that Convection has replaced Improved Lightning Bolt. Only now the passive effect of Convection will reduce the mana cost of Shock, Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning spells by 10%. Similarly, you'll notice that the Concussion will now improve damage done by Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning by 5%, in addition to Shock spells.<
>
<
>
Wow. Unless I'm mistaken, this means I'm going to be able to do even more damage for less talent points. We'll see.<
>
<
>
Windfury totem got nerfed, but it probably should have because almost all shamans will use only windfury or rockbiter. I'm not sure increasing attk power on rockbiter was such a good idea, but I do like that they increased the dmg on flametongue, although I would probably still rarely use it if ever.<
>
<
>
The Restoration changes look good for PvE shamans; I've never had any of the 31-point talents, so I can't comment on those, although I know of the three most chose the Mana Tide totem. I wouldn't consider myself a "raid" Shaman as I do PvP much more than PvE, but the times I have been on raids I haven't had much toruble with heals even with zero spec points in Restoration, although granted I wasn't relied on for healing as opposed to druids and priests, I was more the just-in-case-shit-hits-the-fan-be-sure-to-heal guy.<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:18 PM 

Quote:wowjesusshaman.ytmnd.com/<
>
<
>
Ok, so Jesus was a shaman and paladins are now demons. Welcome to the World of Wackycraft...<
>
<
>
img506.imageshack.us/my.p...1519sa.jpg <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:40 PM 

In my opinion, shaman got a fairly decent set of all around buffs. The addition of a threat reducer in the resto tree is wild, I never thought id see the day when one of a shamans spells DOESNT produce extra agro, lol. Although too be honest, I dont recall ever having a problem with getting heal agro and on raids id pretty much be spamming heals left and right. The main things I wanted to see get changed though was stoneclaw totem and mana tide. Stoneclaw is virtually useless. It produces barely more than proximity agro so basically, if a mob hits you while you have THORNS active, it wont go after the totem from that point on. I didnt want to see a forced taunt skill on it or anything, but I would have liked to see it able to give out a middle amount of agro to pull the extra mobs off me easier.<
>
<
>
As for mana tide, its a decent skill, but even so I still feel it isnt really worth 31 talent points to get it. Although now with the upgraded tree, it doesnt feel like mana tide is the only reason to go past 21 points. I would have preffered it to be a base spell as is, or if they wanted it to remain our 31 pointer, add on two extra ticks to its duration and it would be a wonderful talent to have. The extra 500 or so mana would make a huge difference.<
>
<
>
Oh, and I want to know what the devs were smoking when they added a talent that increases the radius of earthbind lol. I cant believe I didnt see more posts screaming about that. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
Human Mob Compactor of the 52nd Cycle<
>
And Almost Too Sexy To Live!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:24 PM 

does this make rockbiter better than windfury? <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:44 AM 

Hard to say, really have to wait on see how bad the reduction is. Kuwen Furyblades<
>

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:30 AM 

Ive been seeing posts on the board claiming that it has been reduced to 300 some odd extra attack. Basically, if you spec super deep in the enhance tree, get the 10% extra melee damage talent and all the rest, you will hit sorta close to the old attack power level. But still end up with less melee damage overall from it. So once again we get the good old fashioned, "lets nerf the skills instead of the items that cause the problems" routine. <
>
<
>
The only real reason I used windfury over rockbiter or the rest in the first place was because of the fact that it actually added a little excitement to my melee based shaman. I mean, playing a shaman, every time you press a button, you burn insane amounts of mana, so I tend to not press many buttons because I dont want to have to drink every other pull. So what im stuck with is basically auto attack and sometimes refresh lightning shield. At least with windfury something would occaisionally HAPPEN during the fight. Skills like rockbiter are boring, sure you hit harder, but thats it, no neat effect, no spikes of damage, nothing to
eak up the boredom that is a melee shamans life. Flametounge is really only decent with a dagger or some other super fast weapon, I mainly use it when im in the mood for battlespam. Ill toss it on, use my damage shield trinket, and drop a searing totem and start watching those numbers flash by. As for frost
and, I just dont like it. Ah well, it looks like ill be going the dagger/shield route with my shaman after the patch and using flametounge all the time. At least now maybe my blocking will be semi effective. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
>

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:58 AM 

I expect it to come in around 450-550. Kuwen Furyblades<
>

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:05 PM 

lol @ elemental mastery vs. Combustion <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:38 PM 

<
>
<
>
My sham is about to ding 40, and this makes me wonder if I should continue with how I'm specc'd at the moment, which is enhancement up until imp windfury, and the rest into elemental. i'm thinking about respecc'n fully elemental, but that won't bode as well for leveling? i've considered just continuing this way until 50, then respec elemental so i can start to PVP much more. And just do instancing the rest of the way, instead of what i'm doing right now which is purely grinding with questing mixed in. i don't mind using rockbiter, its just so boring, and jeezuz windfury helped me out from all the gankers in STV. <
>
<
>
Maybe I should just save myself the trouble later, and respec elemental now, so when I hit 40, I can start going for +int mail gear? <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:08 AM 

My 60 Shaman is javascript penProfile(473865); and when this big overhall comes out im going Ele.There just screwing up Shamans all the way.Some things they did fix but everything else is FU.LOL....<
>
<
>
And for over powered toon look at the Bubble boys for that.run in aoe fire ,hit ,hit ,hit,bubble heal run out.<
>
I my self think that shamans should get plate armor just like bubble boys do.J/K LOL. Dark's Stuff<
>
<
>
Darkendsoul Heartovstone<
>
Lv 66 DreadLord of<
>
Semper Simul<
>
<
>
<
>
<i>Edited by: Darkendsoul Heartovstone at: 5/12/06 11:12 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:25 PM 

If you think concecrate is overpowered, there is only one thing that can be said.<
>
<
>
Learn to get more hitpoints. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:18 PM 

Has anyone ever actually died to Consecrate? <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:16 PM 

I did once, but thats only because the warrior had a really slow weapon so he couldnt land the killing blow in time. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
>

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:50 AM 

With ZHC + Sanctity aura + Vengeance + JoTCrusader, you can get Consecrate up to the same level as a hunter's Volley with 3/3 Barrage talent. Might not outright kill someone, but if you're timing is right and land a big hit on someone with Consecrate running underneath, they might be killed by it. <i>Edited by: Bretac at: 5/14/06 2:50 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:38 AM 

I lol'd <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:59 PM 

Quote: With ZHC + Sanctity aura + Vengeance + JoTCrusader, you can get Consecrate up to the same level as a hunter's Volley with 3/3 Barrage talent. Might not outright kill someone, but if you're timing is right and land a big hit on someone with Consecrate running underneath, they might be killed by it.<
>
<
>
DUDE FEAR THAT 90 DPS!!!!<
>
<
>
I dont think anyone has died from the hunter volley spell eather. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:41 AM 

probably not but most people will still move out of it.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
-this is snarky btw <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:29 PM 

Quote:probably not but most people will still move out of it.<
>
<
>
Yeah, people will almost always back away from aoe, even the lightest dmg ones. I often have my folks use aoe in bad situations like DB
idge defense, etc. It's an easy and effective way to push the enemy back however it's mana intensive.<
>
<
>
I've used this trick many times in the pinch zone between the 2 horde towers in FW as well. Hook around that corner and dump as your troops charge. Easily pushes the enemy back to the keep entrance and eliminates that bottleneck on the ramp. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:49 PM 

What point is there to stand in concecrate? Paladin has to move out of it to follow you if he wants to do anything. If he wants to piss away all that mana for 100 damage go for it. Even if they are smart enough to stun you in it, the damge to mana conversion is so piss poor you will die laughing at him before it ticks up enough to make a difference in your demise.<
>
<
>
I giggle like a schoolgirl when im on my hunter out PvPing and a paladin rolls up to him, wastes his stun and pisses on the ground with his glowing stream. Its a game I like to play. See how many cloth he lets die before I hit half health. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:45 PM 

Those are some sad Horde you're fighting if you can drop a Consecrate and they all go, "ZOMG FALL BACK, FALL BACK!" <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:40 AM 

Concecrate is God in AB flag defense <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:02 AM 

Consecrate doesn't interrupt flag tapping. Kuwen Furyblades<
>

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:39 AM 

Beat me to it. Proof right there, that there is no God. <
>
<i>Edited by: Givin Wetwillies01 at: 5/16/06 10:41 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:20 PM 

I think the first tick interupts the capping, but the rest don't /shrug; haven't been to AB in 7 months.<
>
<
>
Anyway, Consecrate is good for only a handful of things; unstealthing rogues, aggro generation when trying to pally-tank, killing groups of small vermin, and supplementing the paladin's damage - it's not meant to be "OMG AOE, DIE DIE!" I only use mine when the damage ratio exceeds the mana it costs to use (when ZHC and/or Vengeance is active). I use it for the same reason a hunter uses Volley - because it's the only AoE we have.<
>
<
>
If the paladin is trying to kill you via Consecrate and not healing allies, he's stupid with or without the damn thing. <i>Edited by: Bretac at: 5/16/06 3:27 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:41 PM 

Quote:Anyway, Consecrate is good for only a handful of things; unstealthing rogues, aggro generation when trying to pally-tank, killing groups of small vermin, and supplementing the paladin's damage - it's not meant to be "OMG AOE, DIE DIE!" I only use mine when the damage ratio exceeds the mana it costs to use (when ZHC and/or Vengeance is active). I use it for the same reason a hunter uses Volley - because it's the only AoE we have.<
>
<
>
I can count on one hand where I used volley and it made a difference... Wait no I cant. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:47 AM 

I used volley in zul farrack once to help kill the beetles. Does that count? Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
>