It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:38 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:04 PM 

No, to be clearer; it's more about the "golden age" type of argument. Music, TV, whatever is often viewed by many as being better "back in the day". <
>
<
>
I think that a lot of people experienced something new, powerfully enjoyable, and unique with games like the original EQ. I think that they experienced something like their own "golden age" of MMORPGs. I think there are indeed better games, and that great improvements have been made in aspects of the industry... but I can also understand that many will never feel the magic of a new MMORPG like they did EQ. I don't think it was that EQ was better, but that various circumstances came together to make EQ so special that new games will never be able to live up to that cosmic ideal.<
>
<
>
<
>
(sorry, busy at work and trying to type this out quickly) <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:37 PM 

Givin, so long as things are kept civil, I would encourage a more detailed response and rebuttal. I made the post to continue the discussion, not to kill it.<
>
<
>
Everquest was the first successful MMOG and nobody can ever take that away from them and I'm not trying to argue your point with regards to that at all. I'm more so saying that if you hold World of Warcraft up to the light by itself, it is indeed deserving of the success it has had. Not just simply because it's Blizzard or because it caters to the casual gamer, but because it is a great game. Kuwen Furyblades<
>
Hunter of Memento Reejeryn<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:02 PM 

I'm not sure why other people play MMOG's, but I play for entertainment.<
>
<
>
I played EverQuest for five years, ending last summer. I've played World of Warcraft since open beta, and have had more fun in the last year than I had in the combined five years of EverQuest.<
>
<
>
When I no longer have fun, I will quietly cancel my subscription and move on to a new form of entertainment. I don't have the energy to curse and rant about a video game. If it's fun, enjoy it. If it's not, move on. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:28 PM 

Sing it Myschief, sing it.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Cycle! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:19 PM 

Not fair
inging common sense into this argument, Myschief. <i></i>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Moderator: Solanthious Go to page Previous  1, 2