It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:38 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Molten Core
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:29 PM 

Ok i got flagged for MC. Now i dont know where the entrance is. We entered it form inside BRD and exited out near the elf who gave the attunement quest. How do you enter it after? <
>
<i></i>

Post subject: Re: Molten Core
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:31 PM 

Go back and talk to the elf that gave you the attunement quest.<
>
<
>
If you are facing him you will notice a window of sorts to your left. Walk through it as if you were going to walk into the lava.<
>
<
>
Enjoy. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:53 PM 

PS. Do not jump through the window if you're not in a raid. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:43 PM 

You spoil the fun <
>

<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:43 AM 

I remember the first time I did that... <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:24 PM 

Yeah, my guild on Azgalor dropped Ragnaros about 3 weeks ago...waiting for Blackwing Lair.... Ailden - Human Paladin of Prox12 - Azgalor<
>
Finamdar Tundrawolf (70 Beastlord) Retired<
>
"Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot Cards, I got a full house and four people died."<
>
Prox12 or bust.<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:00 PM 

We had our first run, got Luci down and whiped to the big ass dog (. Was fun think if we have one more hunter with tranquil shot we will do alot better. Three tries best we did was 48%. That AE fear sucks, wish hoard got fear ward. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:58 AM 

Shamans has grounding totems, which dispels fear. it's not that dependable tho. =(<
>
<
>
Best thing i can suggest is to stand out of the range of mag's AoE fear. I was able to heal the main tank at max range, and never got feared. (But do keep eye out for the flaming balls that he spits out on the ground.) Massy, Tauren Shaman<
>
<
>
For the Broken! For the Horde!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:22 AM 

Ragnaros is ALOT harder now from what I can see. More controlable. My guild dropped him before the patch, but we're working on him again now. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:33 PM 

Actually, its tremor totem and now that its been nerfed to only pulse once every 5 seconds, it isnt very reliable. Yeah, magmadar is probably pretty close to impossible with only one tranq shot capable hunter. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
Human Mob Compactor of the 52nd Cycle<
>
And Almost Too Sexy To Live!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:30 AM 

Quote:PS. Do not jump through the window if you're not in a raid. <
>
<
>
Well if you time your jumps right you can usually avoid any lava damage anyway. I dunno why people die in lava unless in certain areas where there's no ramp up. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:27 AM 

Magmadar is very easy. Setup 3 groups with 2 priests and a shaman each. I recommend making them groups 1,2,3 and do a healing team rotation in that order. Have extra shaman and druids in the other groups to heal the dps. You can easily have the healing teams outrange the fear<
>
<
>
__________________________<
>
HT1......................................|<
>
...........................................|<
>
HT2.................T M................|<
>
...........................................|<
>
HT3......................................|<
>
__________________________|<
>
<
>
Rough diagram of the cave. Ignore the periods. T is for tank M is for magmadar. Heal teams can stay where they are at and heal from out of range of the fear. The shaman in the heal teams keeps the groups alive and just remember that the heal team needs to move away from the fire that Mag spits onto the ground. Just move lateraly and stay together but still out of range. Rotate heal teams at 20% and your golden <i>Edited by: Oxoxo Xoxox  at: 6/20/05 11:31 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:59 PM 

2 Tranq-shot Hunters is enough to keep him out of Frenzy mode indefinitely, provided neither of them miss. We have 2 primary shooters who alternate back and forth, and each of those 2 have an alternate they alert if for some reason they can't fire. Total 3 or 4, depending on whether both shooters are using the same alternate or not. It's not hard to get more Hunters for this, though; if you can kill Lucifron once, you can kill him four times. He always drops the Tranq book. Tranthas Stormwalker<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:05 AM 

Yeah, we've killed Rag pre and post Patch. Definetly harder post-patch.<
>
<
>
Btw, my sig is out of date. 60 Hunter. Ailden - Human Paladin of Prox12 - Azgalor<
>
Finamdar Tundrawolf (70 Beastlord) Retired<
>
"Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot Cards, I got a full house and four people died."<
>
Prox12 or bust.<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:16 AM 

I don't really agree with him being harder. He was a lot harder pre-patch if not for the bug that caused the splashes to not go off. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:27 AM 

Pre patch you could have 8 rogue, and get him down to 10% or so and just have to survive the Sons wave, and be able to zerg him down the rest of the way. Now he also knocks back the MT, and turns around to rape the rogues afterwards. Which then means the next knock back he throws around the 6k's. A bit harder IMO. =P <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:49 PM 

Uh, you realize your 8 rogues would have been flat out destroyed pre-patch on the first attempt, right?<
>
<
>
Do you even know why most people killed him? It was because he was bugged, simple as that. I can promise you about 75% of the guilds that killed him pre-patch wouldn't have if he wasn't bugged. <i>Edited by: Zxing at: 6/26/05 4:52 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:56 PM 

He was "bugged" for long enough for just about every server to take him down. You're saying that he's easier now than he was before the patch, but not really because he was bugged, and only had potential to be harder when working as intended? When was he not bugged? Before the first guild that took him down killed him? <
>
<
>
It'd make alot more sense to say, "2 Ragnaros's ago he was quite a bit harder than he was in this patch." <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:22 PM 

I'm saying the first attempt of every time you spawned him, he played out like he SHOULD have. If you wiped to him(or purposely killed someone with the 39 other people outside of the zone) to cause him to lose aggro, he bugged out and the splashes didn't go off until the first wave of sons spawned. Trust me, I know how ragnaros worked and that he's easier now. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:27 AM 

And now with the resist changes last night, he's a complete joke. About as hard as he should be though, compared to the rest of MC. <i></i>