It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:20 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Combat rogue in pvp?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:36 PM 

I'm pretty much a assassin/sub build. I do pretty good dmg and am always in top 3 on raids.<
>
<
>
Last night however, I was shocked to see a rogue outdmg the mage and myself by like 50k dmg on a LBRS raid.<
>
<
>
Turns out she was a combat spec rogue, her exact point allocation I forget believe she said she was 28combat 18 sub...and i guess the rest into assassin.<
>
<
>
She did outrageous dmg the entire raid and really didn't take much dmg when agrod.<
>
<
>
I'm wondering if any of you are combat rogues and how it fairs in pvp... I mean you'd still get an extremely high crit factor..etc just no cold blood.<
>
<
>
Been seriously considering the change as the output she had was amazing and I had far better gear. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Combat rogue in pvp?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:14 PM 

Ass build for PVP, Combat for PVE. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:23 PM 

Yeah, I've been assassin for pvp, was just wondering if there was some medium.<
>
<
>
As combat I'd still have a fair amount of access to those First strike sub moves involving ambush and gain like a 30% crit chance.<
>
<
>
I'd lose a lot of the sealfate related stuff tho...and cold blood. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:31 PM 

I am 18 ass 33 Combat and 0 sub. On a typical UBRS raid from begining to end (general kill) I tend to out damage dagger rogues by at least 60k and mages almost 100k. Myself and another combat rogue always fight for top spot for raid dps. I am sword (rends arms) and he is Mace speced.<
>
<
>
PvP i find dagger rogues who get that burst damage, ambush at the begining of the fight do better against casters. When a dagger rogue gets the jump on me i even it out and take control with adren rush, talking like 600dps easy while its on.<
>
Warriors at lvl60 i do better against then dagger rogues, if the warrior does not have disarm immune gloves or weapon chain its pretty much ass for them with me. Shadow priests own me hard though 8(.<
>
<
>
And dont worry bout not having MoD pts since its
oken. I went from dagger build to this and I am much happier with this build. Cold blood is nice but Aren Rush is better imo since if you miss a hit cold blood is gone, adren rush is insaine dps any time it is used. <
>
<i>Edited by: Lich Ekilam  at: 6/16/05 11:33 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:08 AM 

30/8/13 - I'm a dagger rogue. <
>
<
>
I notice that sword and dagger rogues both have the ability to ride high on damage done. I myself have ranked number 1 on every Oryx MC raid ever, by up to 200k total damage. I've come to the conclusion that it's less my spec of my gear, but my skill. <
>
<
>
I know that sword rogues can get close to me in damage. I've seen it happen. It all depends on how well they play. Rogues who play their class well tend to ride the fine line between maximum damage and agro. Rogues that ride that line better, do alot more damage than rogues who just slink by. It seems to me that afterall, your build is alot less important than your ability to stay just under the MT and rock the mob at maximum dps. <
>
<
>
As for PvP, I don't see why anyone would WANT a combat heavy spec. The abilities further in the tree don't seem useful. BF is totally useless in pvp, AR is situational at best. Don't get me wrong though; while levelling, BF and AR were my best friends. In PvP though. I'll take cold blood and max ambush/backstab talents any day. <
>
<
>
All I'm really trying to say here is that what you ran into was a good rogue, which probably had very little to do with his spec, or his gear. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:50 AM 

How do you check your damage output compared to others? Anyone have a link to a good UI mod for this? <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:12 AM 

With combat build feint is your friend. I normally use it after my 2nd SS. And like i said i was a dagger rogue before i got my first of rends arms the sacred charge. It was good dps ambush was god for pvp vs casters and CB was nice if you didnt miss. I prefer Adren rush over CB due to that reason. As it is i have a 27% crit hit rate so i crit alot, CB isnt really a need for me, i find it useless.<
>
<
>
Our last general raid in UBRS i hit 503k total damage, the mace rogue hit 498k, the dagger rogue was 380k, and the mage hit 360k. Its the way the numbers run for us there.<
>
<
>
To each thier own imo as to what ever works best for you.<
>
<
>
Owned you can get a raid damage meter form cursedgaming.com. <
>
<i>Edited by: Lich Ekilam  at: 6/17/05 8:20 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:30 AM 

Just a note about Blade Flurry in PvP being useless...I can't remember the last time a shaman beat me and I think BF is a big factor in that. I kill totems as soon as they're dropped without missing a beat. I'm not saying BF is fantastic in PvP, just far from useless. My PvP server has almost 1/3 the horde as shamans, so it comes up a lot. <
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Mithril Web<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:14 PM 

I was not aware MoD was
oken. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:00 PM 

MoD has not worked since day one. After i switched from dagger to combat build i totaly droped MoD and I get hte same results. It was on the rogue forums for a while now. Camoflauge> MoD if you want dagger build. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:15 AM 

MoD works. <
>
<
>
We used to sneak through LBRS and pick every mob for gems back when pickpocket would give you gems that is. <
>
<
>
Sneak through LBRS without MoD, then with MoD. You'll see the mobs detecting you at much further distance without it. <
>
<
>
It may not work in PvP, I've never had an issue either way. I know for a fact it works in PvE though. <
>
<
>
Test it. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:33 AM 

Mod works fine, I've tested it. It adds a value of 3 for each talent point, where a level adds 5. 5 points in MoD is worth 3 character levels for stealth (15 each). <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:26 AM 

I'm an assasin/sub rogue and normally outdamage everyone in raids. Last night in MC, I outdamaged everyone by about 100k hps, except for a mage who I beat by 55k and a combat rogue that beat me by 10k. <
>
<
>
From what I can see, combat rogues have a lot more DPS over time and with adrenaline rush, they can knock back a lot of HPs really fast.<
>
<
>
That being said, in my guild, theres an asssin sub rogue that can outdamage everyone, combat rogue and mage included by well over 150k. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:14 PM 

I stealth around LBRS w/o MoD to search document areas for guild groups to see if they are up and where. From someone who played combat and ass/sub rogue i prefer combat. Its all a matter of whats more fun for you. <
>
<i></i>