It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:02 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Last Straw
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:02 PM 

I quit.<
>
<
>
This game is fine, for the most part, negating the lag, horrible concept design and the illusion that it offers some meaningful player vs player encounter. However the people are not. Tonight I lost it, I hit that wall that everyone will hit eventually. I can not, and will not tollerate this public display of stupidity and I flat out refuse any longer to pay to be subjected to this horseshit.<
>
<
>
I played casual. I had no aspireing goals to raid. I cared not if i even saw Molten Core figuring that just once i'd enjoy a game for what it had to offer everyone. I can't do it.<
>
<
>
This little gem right here was the
eaking point.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Forget the fact the stupid prick doesn't know who he's dealing with. I accept the fact i'm a random body in a sea of thousands here. U R so dum lolol noob omfgbbq bullshit. Done with it. <
>
<
>
Altho, this gives me an idea of something I want to see for myself. I think i'll sacrifice some of my own cash, to test the waters of various MMOS and do an essay on public behavior i guess you can call it, and see and compare the communities between them.<
>
<
>
But as for being able to tolerate one more stupid gaggot standing on the Ironforge auction house
idge shouting WOOOHOOOOOOOOO LOOK AT MY PUSSY WATCH ME DANCE LOLOLOLOL DANCING FOR MONEY. I've had my fill. <
>
This flag stands for freedom, and I live for what it stands for.<
>
<i></i>

Post subject: Re: The Last Straw
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:23 PM 

not really having contact with anyone outside of my guild, and being on a low pop server, i really dont see that much of this.<
>
<
>
besides the random group invite while im in mc, i rarely am bothered by the tells i get anyway. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:42 AM 

<
>
I'm just curious... who exactly is he dealing with?<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:58 AM 

Who am I?<
>
<
>
In the World of Warcraft, i'm nobody. A body among a sea of many.<
>
<
>
I'm also the guy that was fooling himself thinking paying that 15 bucks a month for mmo entertainment was worth all the horseshit like this....<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
or this one...<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Whats sad is, I probably have about 100 or so screenshots just like it. All saying the same thing. That people are fucking tools. I knew coming into this game, that it would attact a higher degree of idiot than anything i'd ever played. But to see it in this degree is beyond frustrating.<
>
<
>
You can't name on two hands probably people that would amount to this kind of ignorance in any experience in EQ. I played from day one, across three servers and can't. I challenge you to do it. And we all know why it can't be done. An established sense of community where if you did something so dumb, you were fucked for that characters life. Very few people can pick and name those in WoW that are above the norm in some sense, be it skill or whatever unless they are an acquaintance.<
>
<
>
But the revalation that came out of all this is, to me, whatever future the mmo industry has, will be shaped and molded by those that played these games current. So in the end, you want to know who I am? I'm the guy these fellows will be paying 15 a month to to play my flavor of the month mmo down the road. So feel free to lay in with the "you had your day in the sun, now its over and you cry" speech. I'll skip over it like the casual political shit in rants and raves. Let all these "ur so noob lol!11!!!" fags hide in their instances, hoping some fat piece of pixel drops they can roll and ninja on. I'll get pissed off and move on, and learn from it. And in the end, bank on it. To whatever end, whatever anyone plays mmo wise, I wish them the best of luck when it comes to avoiding this kind of horseshit. Nobody deserves it.<
>
<
>
PS<
>
<
>
I realize I spelled "groups" wrong in the first screenshot, and I hate myself all the more for doing so. <
>
>
<i>Edited by: Givin Wetwillies01 at: 6/6/05 6:00 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:08 AM 

Is this a PvP server? I can only hope so! I've been playing since 11/23 and haven't had even one conversation like that on my server.. thank god! <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:53 AM 

Is this the equivalent of "back in my day"?
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:09 AM 

Maybe you should change your aftershave? It must be too close to the "Eau de Moron" cologne and is attracting them right to you.<
>
<
>
I've been playing since open beta and fortunatley haven't had experiences like that. However, I totally agree that we have a new generation of internet kiddies in WoW that have no sense of courtesy or respect. Instead, many players seem to be very self-centered, not so much in a selfish way, but in an "it's all about me" way. Heaven help us when those kids get in to the work force. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:04 AM 

kinda sounds like you play on Kilrogg!<
>
<
>
I /ignore them<
>
Also, looks like you are playing alliance, they are horrible! (well on my server) If I
eak a camp up so I am finally down to single pulls and not going to get pounded, it is a sure thing someone will waltz into my camp and kill them all off. This is certainly true if I am killing the mob before the named in the area, and doublely true if a chest pops in there. <
>
<
>
The horde is better at helping people. We both know we want the name, we group kill and go about our way. If they see you getting smashed by a mob 8/10 times they will try to save your butt, then go about their way. <
>
<
>
As for not doing instances with others, I can see what ya mean... it does show the lack of knowledge with some people. I find that sometimes you can met people that you will group with from now on. If I join one with the people who send you tells, I take a deep
eath, ignore chat, and hope I can get threw it without dying... although dying means I can take the outside rez and be done with them. (while mean, I only do it with the jerks)<
>
<
>
As for the PVP playing... alliance wins there. They team up and plow threw the horde. The horde is everyman for themselves and it winds up being a slaughter. Doing the quests in TM and reaing chat is a pleasent pastime. <
>
<
>
Sucks these guys made your head explode. I am usually around if ya need a killing partener. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:04 AM 

WoW + Alliance + PvP = curling up in the corner crying for the ultimate fate of humanity <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:13 AM 

I'm sorry for your experiences, Givin. <
>
<
>
I have to echo what some of the others have said though, I can only think of a single conversation that I've ever had that was like what you have screenshotted, since release. Interestingly, it was while I was playing an alliance alt.<
>
<
>
Quote:I realize I spelled "groups" wrong in the first screenshot, and I hate myself all the more for doing so.<
>
<
>
Since you
ought it up, you also spelled "endeavor" wrong, in a tell where you are trying to look smart, no less . /shrug<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:34 AM 

Karma's a bitch sometimes.<
>
<
>
I bet this goes back to that manaburn! <
>
My Profile - Oryx<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:42 AM 

Fribur:<
>
<
>
per a post made in R&R:<
>
<
>
Quote:We also see example of the opposte : nice cops, bad guys doing good things, mean cops, bad guys doing good things. <
>
<
>
opposite...<
>
<
>
Matthew 7:1-5 is your reading homework, get on it. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:52 AM 

Being a Priest I get these kind of tells for groups several times an hour. I am just immune to it at this point. What is really pathetic about it is I am always in MC/Onxyia or doing PVP when I am online and I still get these tells anyway. Cant these cretins see that I am already grouped? Yet I still get waves of tells.<
>
<
>
The ones that are really funny are when I get tells to come to UBRS and I tell them "I am in MC sorry" and then they proceed to beg me to leave my raid to come join thiers. Just last night I had someone ask me to come to UBRS and I said "in a grp sorry" They said "cant you leave it?" I was like "there is absolutly nothing I need in UBRS so there is no reason for me to go there" and his response was that I should leave my raid just to help them. The concept of leaving my mates in MC to go help people I do not know get trash loot would be obvious to almost everyone, but I get these kinds of tells every single day. Most people give up after 3 or so tells I do not respond but I have had to put people on ignore <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:04 AM 

I haven't had a single encounter like this, either. Of course, I could probably count on one hand the number of open groups I was in on my Mage from level 1-60. It will be different on my Rogue since I am on a PVP server and I don't know anyone, however. <
>
<
>
Don't quit because of the morons. Just ignore them. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:15 AM 

I tend to get tells constantly on my shaman asking me to be their group healer for l
s or
d for some odd reason. I tell them no, (usually because ive got a raid I have to get too, but also because I despise those two zones.) and thats it. No rudeness, no 12 year old who just learned leet speak, they just say ok, thanks, and leave me alone. I think you just picked the wrong server/realm. I have one name on my ignore list, and thats some retard begger that spams everyone he sees for free gold. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
Human Mob Compactor of the 52nd Cycle<
>
And Almost Too Sexy To Live!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:01 AM 

I have not had any conversations at all like that on any server I have played on. But I also don't go out of my way to talk to anyone I don't already know or is not in my guild. so. /shrug<
>
<
>
I have had more than a few instances of spam duelings while playing on a PVP server, but a well placed, "fuck you, asshat" and an ignore works wonders for that. -Grymm<
>
Kyoukan<
>
Frostwolf<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:22 AM 

Well I can give you 2 reasons you have had bump ins with 13 year olds. One, you probably just got unlucky with server selection. On Laughing Skull, it is mostly 20+ y/o with a lot of the same guild based drama that I remember bank in the old days on Lanys. Two, you chose alliance. The horde community is wayyyy more intelligent, respectful, and older than the mass of kids that play alliance. I would recommend switching to a new server and playing horde before you completely wave farewell to WoW.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:49 AM 

For the short while i played i had no bad encounters like that.<
>
<
>
But was in PVE server too ;/

3dx Hosting | 3dx Productions | 3dx Mail | 3dx Change | 3dx Imgshost | BBSWatch

<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:02 PM 

The thing that gets me, being unguilded, is the random guild invites. Sometimes I get a tell asking if I'd like to be in so and so guild, and I politely tell them, "No, I'm not looking for a guild atm". Those type of invites are fine. But the ones that really get me are when the box pops up asking me if I want to be a member of "The Uber Win" or some other moronic guild name. I don't know this person and I don't know anything about their guild, so...hell no I don't want to join. I swear I get about 3 a day of that type of thing. <
>
<
>
Nos <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:42 PM 

I've never been harrassed in tells like that before, although I've never bothered to say more than "No thanks, but good luck to you."<
>
<
>
The quality of the people in WoW are definately...different, as demonstrated by spending any length of time in Ironforge (not sure what Ogrimmar is like since I haven't played Horde much) or various exp areas, but I tend to leave General and focus on chatting in guild or in tells with friends.<
>
<
>
In any case, I can see why you were annoyed with the tells. Awenae Sylvarin<
>
Isilme Mithgaladh<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:58 PM 

You're kidding, right? I've never had anyone respond to me that way in WOW, although in about 400 days played in EQ, it's happened to me a couple of times. Besides, I'd never bother with so many screen shots, because I'd /ignore the person by the third comment, maybe sooner. <
>
<
>
Ignore them, then forget them. That's all you need to do about anyone that wants to be an asshole in the game. It doesn't matter who you are, who they are, or anything else.<
>
<
>
You cannot control the way other people act, but you can control your reaction to what they do. No one ever makes you mad. You choose to react that way. If you let someone ruin some fun activity for you, it's your problem.<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:19 PM 

My server has a lot of this and a lot of little kids who made 60 and raid thinking they know everything and will let you and everyone in earshot know it.<
>
<
>
I think some of givin's encounters might be partially influenced by what remains of his gigantic everquest egotrip, but yes there are quite a large number of assholes in WoW. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:07 PM 

Quote: Being a Priest I get these kind of tells for groups several times an hour.<
>
<
>
/nod<
>
<
>
I usually don't have a problem though, I just tell them, thanks for asking but no, and leave it at that.<
>
<
>
At least once a day though I get harassed. Seriously harassed. I'll be asked repeatedly to do shit, have them bitch me out because I'm level 60 and obviously have nothing better to do than powerlevel them through their instance, what the fuck is wrong with me, and I OWE them goddammit because we're all on the same team, right? RIGHT?!?!<
>
<
>
I haven't logged into WoW for about a week because I haven't been feeling well, but I've also tremendously lost the desire to play too.<
>
<
>
Some of that is the lack of content, the remainder is the asshattery.
<
>
Keep my head from exploding?... You can help!
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:37 PM 

Yeah Tarot, i hear ya on that lack of content. Was all cool till around 55 when I started noticing there was less and less around.<
>
<
>
Now that I'm 60 AND a rogue...I've had little to do. The main 4 raiding guilds, the only 4 raiding guilds are full of rogues and are filled with some of the most immature and arrogant people I've met in games to date.<
>
<
>
<
>
I believe someone had once said that "wow has the best game ever, and the worst community". I couldn't agree more. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:03 AM 

Roll horde on a low pop server.<
>
<
>
Roll with
os. <
>
<
>
That's all I can tell you. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:52 AM 

Was exping in feralas with my rogue when he was lower lvl and there was a freaking warrior who would charge the mobs i was going after and kept doin git over and over.<
>
<
>
He would send me tells after telling me to go away blah blah so i told him "@#%$ off fag".<
>
<
>
Blizzard banned me for 3 hours haha. They even did it while i was at work, how nice of them. Tons of asshats in this game. I think these children should of been shot in the face at birth. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:19 AM 

Quote: Roll horde on a low pop server.<
>
<
>
Roll with
os.<
>
<
>
That's all I can tell you.<
>
<
>
That, and be a little quicker on the /ignore trigger.<
>
<
>
The first time someone I don't know sends me a tell with 'u','c','4', or any other leetspeak crap I just /ignore them. I don't tell them I'm ignoring them, I just do. Life is so much easier this way. ---------------------------------<
>
Burog Warrior of Oryx<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:37 AM 

I think it's a lot of ego trips for many folks wanting the old lanys community back. I'm guilty of it, and really have had zero compulsion to log in over the last week. My wedding this Saturday is also a factor for me.<
>
<
>
Sort of like Vietnam vets looking for other Vietnam vets but only finding Persion Gulf or worse to run with.<
>
(for the simpletons, Vietnam was a 7+ yr high casualty jungle war compared to the persian gulf 1 year cruise missle turkey shoot) There can occasionally be a good random person to meet, but most of them are inexperienced or/and mentally challenged.<
>
<
>
It's not surprising that folks with experience want to keep cruising at that level and not start off in kindergarten again.<
>
A raid player trying to ease into casual play works about as well as an agent orange 50 yard stare vietnam vet trying to ease back into society.<
>
<
>
So play for the fun, and lower your expectations unless you can find a group of experienced players to play with. <
>
<
>
However, I don't think there will ever be a fix for old school ex Lanys raiders trying to play casual, except to find others of the same ilk.<
>
<
>
WoW is too @#%$ Disney. Never thought I'd dislike the numerous creature comforts, but hardship does build bonds and character.<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:42 AM 

Is there a @#%$ language filter here now?<
>
<
>
Yes, yes there is. @#%$ that. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:03 AM 

Quote:So play for the fun, and lower your expectations<
>
<
>
I agree with the first part of this statement, but not the second part.<
>
<
>
Ignore works wonders. When I get those harrassing tells that seem to plague so many priests, I don't say a word back...it's insta-ignore. Awenae Sylvarin<
>
Isilme Mithgaladh<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:29 AM 

I haven't really had encounters like that either, the first tells from them, sure, but if they sound like retards I just don't bother responding, it scrolls off the screen pretty quick. If you didn't egg them on, you wouldn't have to listen to their babbling bullshit. BigPapi - 60 Dorf Priest <Vita Infinita> - Uther, WoW<
>
Animal - 51 Undead Priest - Skullcrusher, WoW<
>
Formerly: <
>
Morimoto - Warrior, Lanys EQ<
>
Brambler - Druid, Lanys EQ<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:32 AM 

Just dont talk to people, play horde on low pop and slay all the retarded alliance. I cant wait, I think I can get internet today at home and log on finally. Tahs<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:10 AM 

You must be an idiot magnet. <
>
<
>
I only had one jerk badger me cause he said I was cheap for not want to give him 1gold to get 5str on my
acer. Guess what? A priest doesn't need 5 str on
acers. Just told em that guildies would do the chants for free and expensive ones at cost. Why would I want to give him 1 gold for a chant that does nothing for a priest?<
>
<
>
He started to spout more garbage and went straight to ignore. Don't know if he kept trying to whisper me or not. Tsulyra Shadowhawk<
><
>
Storm Warden of Tunare<
><
>
Mithril Web - Lanys<
>Baroness Jendera - 61st rank sword mistress of Tunare<
><
>
Pollyra 50 monk - Venerable Bellyra 63 cleric - Reva 52 rogue<i>Edited by: Tsulyra Shadowhawk  at: 6/7/05 12:11 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:42 PM 

I've had very few encounters of that type on Elune, though they've been about as regular as they were in EQ without being in a "largely recognized" guild. The one that sticks out the most in my mind was some guy asking me to join his guild while I was afk at the docks waiting on the boat. Boat arrived, I jumped on, replied with a "sorry, was afk; no thanks, not looking" message, and he said something along the lines of "was about to call you an @ss for not replying lol /whisp if you change your mind". Oh yeah, insult me for being afk, then say "call me if you change your mind". Right. /blist. ~Giliad, Ninja Priest of Elune (World of Warcraft)<
>
Maestro Havrad Spellsinger, Bladedancer and Spoony Bard (EQ, retired)<i></i>

Post subject: lol
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:21 PM 

hugs not drugs givin <i></i>

Post subject: Re: lol
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:29 AM 

The reasons I recently "quit, in descending order:<
>
<
>
1) Paladins beaten to death with the almighty nerf bat<
>
2) Hunters are teh suck also (and both of these are my only two characters /sigh)<
>
3) Clueless developers/CM's<
>
4) Bullshit "Honor" system<
>
5) Shittiest community of assholes and retards of any MMO I've ever played<
>
6) Lack of content at lvl 60 that isn't PvP or raid-related (Yeah, there's Dire Maul, but you can only bash an ogre, satyr or ghost so many timed before it loses it's appeal) <i>Edited by: Bretac at: 6/10/05 3:31 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:18 AM 

Quote:<
>
1) Paladins beaten to death with the almighty nerf bat<
>
2) Hunters are teh suck also (and both of these are my only two characters /sigh)<
>
<
>
And they both still win versus warriors one on one. ---------------------------------<
>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:42 AM 

That all depends. If a warrior gets within melee range of me, I'm usually trapped, trinket or not, because he'll just hamstring me again once I use it, and then I can't get outside 8 yards from him. Prophion<
>
Dwarf Hunter of Kargath<
>
<Old Board With a Nail><
>
300 Skill Dragonscale Leatherworker<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:55 AM 

Wingclip slows more than hamstring and has a shorter cooldown. ---------------------------------<
>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:39 AM 

U, R, 2, gets you added to my ignore list. I hate shit like that, and its a great indicator of the maturity level of the person sending you the tells. <
>
<
>
I went on a pick up raid a few weeks ago because someone asked me to join that I had grouped with before, that was fine and all. After a few minutes my friend sends me a tell asking me if there is a problem with the raid leader, as I had him on ignore, lol. So I took the raid leader off ignore and went on the raid against my better judgement. The raid was a bust and after the 3rd wipe the raid leader disbanded the raid, at which I added him back to the ignore list to stay. <
>
Hunter Miramicha Aeternitas - EverQuest Lanys T'vyl -Retired<
>
<
>
Miramicha<
>
Undead Mage Blackhand<
>
Night Elf Hunter Alleria<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:51 AM 

Quote:Since you
ought it up, you also spelled "endeavor" wrong, in a tell where you are trying to look smart, no less<
>
<
>
Hate to
eak it to you Fribur, but endeavour is a proper way of spelling it. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:14 AM 

<
>
And I hate to
eak to you, sir, but it can be spelled both ways . Go look it up. Your spelling is the British spelling of the word.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:58 AM 

Come play on light
inger with us givin, (and play horde shaman, they are better than pallies anyway :P). Even as a priest i have never gotten tells like that. if i tell people i am too busy they are usually ok with it. A few will try to convince me but never in a rude way. I have even run into a few alliance on my server who have been nice and helpful at times, (taking adds off me when it is obvious i can't kill them without dying myself). <
>
<
>
Plus you will be with a lot of old lanysites. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:56 PM 

Heh, I'd transfer to LB, assuming I could keep my char and items. There are just not enough people on Thunderhorn. Like 2 actual raiding guilds, and about 400,000 rogues so it's almost impossible to do anything but solo on my char unless I log on at like 4 am when they are desperate. <i>Edited by: Larreth  at: 6/12/05 5:30 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:52 PM 

Maybe change of atmosphere will actually work. We shall see. Doesn't feel so bad so far. I'll give Light
inger a shot. <
>
>
<i>Edited by: Givin Wetwillies01 at: 6/12/05 10:56 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:41 AM 

My mains are on Thunderhorn on the Alliance side. Our small (20 some members) guild is a close knit group of long time gaming friends. We're casual (still have a handful of players that don't have lvl 60's yet), and I don't group out of guild very often. My new main alt is a priest that's just hitting his mid-40's, and even at that I've not ran into many idiots that I simply can't /ignore. <
>
<
>
There is a population imbalance on our server, for sure, but we have an alt guild on the Horde side and I have very little positive to say from that experience. The Horde population on our server seem childish, rude, unhelpful, full-of-drama, and they can't stop crying about how unfair things are against the horde. <
>
<
>
Overall I'm very happy with our server, I'm bothered by very few idiots and could not be more pleased with our guild. I've had limited contact with one of the "uber Alliance guilds" and it has all been positive. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:59 PM 

I think you people saying you've never had an experience like the ones here are lying through you're teeth, because in a month of playing I had 3 a day every day and so did everyone else I knew. I played starcraft on battle.net for years, and WoW is about equal in terms of the population if you ask me. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:02 PM 

<
>
What possible motivation would we have to lie?<
>
<
>
I haven't had such an experience /shrug. Maybe it's because I don't respond to them, or maybe it's because I'm in a guild that is 80% Lanys people. Whatever the case, it hasn't happened.<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:26 PM 

I don't run into the idiots because of my guild would be my guess. <
>
<
>
Pick up groups are a lot like dropping the soap in a prison shower... but hell, EQ was like that pre Kunark even, FFXI was like that too, DAoC as well, and the list could go on. Idiots are in all games, and to be honest I've not had enough problems to say WoW has been my worst experience. For me FFXI had the absolute biggest pain in the ass, moron, fucktard population ever. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:24 AM 

If the morons pissing you off are enough of a reason for you wanting out of the game, it's really time to go. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:19 AM 

Quote:I think you people saying you've never had an experience like the ones here are lying through you're teeth<
>
<
>
No, I'm not. I've never had someone harrass me like that in a tell...ever. Have I run into jerks in WoW? Yes. Running into them and getting tells like this are different things. Awenae Sylvarin<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:22 AM 

Quote:I think you people saying you've never had an experience like the ones here are lying through you're teeth, because in a month of playing I had 3 a day every day and so did everyone else I knew. I'm sorry if you are lied to by others so regularly (or lie so often yourself) that you can't imagine others being honest, but I have never had players treat me so rudely. Perhaps I don't put myself in a situation where inappropriate behavior escalates? /shrug <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:04 AM 

Then you must be an idiot magnet too. Sorry, but I only group with guildies or invited by a guildie to group with his/her rl friends. If no guild thingy going on, I just log an alt on and go solo somewhere. Tsulyra Shadowhawk<
><
>
Storm Warden of Tunare<
><
>
Mithril Web - Lanys<
>Baroness Jendera - 61st rank sword mistress of Tunare<
><
>
Pollyra 50 monk - Venerable Bellyra 63 cleric - Reva 52 rogue<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:04 AM 

Quote:I think you people saying you've never had an experience like the ones here are lying through you're teeth, because in a month of playing I had 3 a day every day and so did everyone else I knew. I played starcraft on battle.net for years, and WoW is about equal in terms of the population if you ask me.<
>
<
>
The light
inger horde faction is so small it forces so much internal guild cooperation that we literally don't have this problem. There are retards, but not to the extreme anyone here says they encounter. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:04 AM 

In like 3 days of playing, I can say that Light
inger Horde is the place to be. The only altercation so far I've had is declining a group invite from a dude named Captainkool. <
>
>
<i></i>

Post subject: omgwtfbbq
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:28 AM 

If you refused a group offer from Captainkool, I'd say YOU were the one with the problem. Captainkool is the best (Insert class here) in all of WoW! <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:57 PM 

Well of course if the only people you ever deal with are from your guild, which is mostly composed of old people from lanys ,you're not going to have many idiots around. But that's basically the equivilant of playing on a LAN server with friends and then claiming the population of x game is awesome and anyone who's had a bad experience with it is an "idiot magnet." Anyway if it makes you feel better I was just saying I had a hard time beleiving you'd never had a bad experience, not litterally trying to accuse you all of lying, so. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:32 PM 

Quote:In like 3 days of playing, I can say that Light
inger Horde is the place to be. The only altercation so far I've had is declining a group invite from a dude named Captainkool. <
>
<
>
I just couldn't imagine starting a whole new char, and doing alllll those quests again. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:46 AM 

I occasionally get invite-spam from newbies who don't realize they can be /ignored, and end up educating them. Other than that, no serious problems. Occasionally Hunters get into pissing contests with my Druid, under the impression that because their pet has Dash, they can take whatever mobs they want and I can't stop them. Flash nukes, how I love thee... They give up after about three rounds of that. Tranthas Stormwalker<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:17 AM 

Only problem I found on LB is the serious population, or lack thereof. Even being a Priest, I have sat night after night just looking for something to do. Got tired of running solo.<
>
<
>
Other than that, good server. Alot of helpful people there. <i></i>