Increases your critical strike chance by 5%. <
>
<
>
<
>
Murder - 2/2 points <
>
Increases your chance to hit while using your Sap, Ambush, Garrote, or Cheap Shot abilities by 5%. <
>
<
>
<
>
Ruthlessness - 3/3 points <
>
Gives your finishing moves a 60% chance to add a combo point to your target. <
>
<
>
<
>
Lethality - 5/5 points <
>
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Sinister Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Ghostly Strike, or Hemorrhage abilities by 30%. <
>
<
>
<
>
Relentless Strikes - 1/1 point <
>
Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to restore 25 energy. <
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Combat Talents (3 points) <
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Gouge - 3/3 points <
>
Increases the effect duration of your Gouge ability by 1.5 seconds. <
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Subtlety Talents (29 points) <
>
<
>
<
>
Master of Deception - 5/5 points <
>
Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while in Stealth mode. More effective than Master of Deception (Rank 4) <
>
<
>
<
>
Camouflage - 2/5 points <
>
Increases your speed while stealthed by 6%. <
>
<
>
<
>
Opportunity - 5/5 points <
>
Increases the damage dealt when striking from behind with your Backstab, Garrote, or Ambush abilities by 20%. <
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Ambush - 3/3 points <
>
Increases the critical strike chance of your Ambush ability by 40%. <
>
<
>
<
>
Ghostly Strike - 1/1 point <
>
A strike that deals 125% weapon damage and increases your chance to dodge by 15% for 7 seconds. Awards 1 combo point. <
>
<
>
<
>
Initiative - 3/5 points <
>
Gives you a 45% chance to add an additional combo point to your target when using your Ambush, Garrote, or Cheap Shot ability. <
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Sap - 3/3 points <
>
Adds a 90% chance to return to stealth mode after using your Sap ability. <
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Cheap Shot - 2/2 points <
>
Reduces the Energy cost of your Cheap Shot ability by 20. <
>
<
>
<
>
Preparation - 1/1 point <
>
When activated, this ability immediately finishes the cooldown on your other Rogue abilities. <
>
<
>
<
>
Setup - 3/3 points <
>
Gives you a 45% chance to add a combo point to your target after dodging their attack. <
>
<
>
<
>
Hemorrhage - 1/1 point <
>
An instant strike that damages the opponent and causes the target to hermorrhage, increasing any Physical damage dealt to the target by up to 3. Lasts 30 charges or 15 seconds. Awards 1 combo point.<
>
<
>
<
>
(I've actually deviated from this a bit, but this is the general idea). <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Stunlock Rogue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:49 AM 

I think 21/8/22 makes a better stunlock set. I'll assume the basics are common and just note the items usually debated.<
>
<
>
Camo > MoD. I never get seen anyway, might as well get the speed. Yeah, yeah, nerf stealth comments here.<
>
<
>
One point in Imp CheapShot is all you need for the combo to work. Good thing too, otherwise you can't get 30% backstab and CB too.<
>
<
>
Hemmorage and setup are great skills, but CB wins. CB with prep is wrong on many levels. Be wrong, it's a great feeling.<
>
<
>
<
>
On another note, my current build is a combat mace spec and it might as well be a stunlock build. These things stun so often I constantly get immune to stun effect messages and I don't even use CS or KS. It's not consistent though, so probably not what you're looking for. Great for surprising warriors though, when they are thinking you're going to be an easy kill. Blade flurry is almost an instant win vs shamans 1vs 1 too. I'm sure really good ones realize what's going on and stop dropping totems, but I haven't run across more than a couple yet.<
>
<
>
-Drajeck <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:22 AM 

That actually looks like a nice build neesha, I might change my mind later on and use that one. Right now my rogue is still young but im going more combat route untill my stealth attacks start getting better, (hes only 15 lol) I dropped my dagger off the main hand and got a mace instead and holy crap did my ss damage jump up! Im still having trouble getting a mob to survive long enough for a 4 point evis, let alone 5 lol. Right now I just have reduced energy cost for ss, 2 points in dodge and a point in improving my chance to hit. lol I mainly stealth to pickpocket, thats it. Im sure that will change once I start getting real damaging opener attacks from stealth though. (60 energy for an attack that does 10 more damage than ss? wtf?!) Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
Human Mob Compactor of the 52nd Cycle<
>
And Almost Too Sexy To Live!<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:45 AM 

Most high end rogues I've spoken to in beta and live say that combat/sword spec is the best damage until level 60 and some epic daggers, then you want a backstab/ambush build. ---------------------------------<
>
Burog Warrior of Oryx<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:57 AM 

Im loving my rogue, but I actually wish the fights lasted a little longer. I cant even use slice and dice because to build it up to even a 4 point combo means the mob is pretty much dead already so I lose what bonus I get from it. Same for expose armor. Ah well, im sure once I start hunting yetis in hills
ad itll be a bit longer of a fight. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:21 AM 

Ok, just playing around with it some, I came up with this alternate build. I have heard conflicting things about Mace/Sword/Dagger Rogues so for the sake of "being a Rogue", I think I will just go with the backstabbing variety unless I get lucky with a badass Sword/Mace drop (which never happens to me, even on my Mage). In any event, here's what I came up with. I couldn't decide what to do with my last point, actually. It was a tossup between a point in Improved Kidney Shot, Improved Cheap Shot, adding another point in Master of Deception, or even another point in Initiative. In the end, I went with Kidney Shot.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Assassination Talents (22 points)<
>
<
>
<
>
Malice - 5/5 points<
>
Increases your critical strike chance by 5%.<
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Eviscerate - 3/3 points<
>
Increases the damage done by your Eviscerate ability by 15%.<
>
<
>
<
>
Remorseless Attacks - 1/5 point<
>
After killing an opponent that yields experience, gives you a 8% increased critical strike chance on your next Sinister Strike, Backstab, Ambush, or Ghostly Strike.<
>
<
>
<
>
Ruthlessness - 3/3 points<
>
Gives your finishing moves a 60% chance to add a combo point to your target.<
>
<
>
<
>
Murder - 2/2 points<
>
Increases your chance to hit while using your Sap, Ambush, Garrote, or Cheap Shot abilities by 5%.<
>
<
>
<
>
Relentless Strikes - 1/1 point<
>
Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to restore 25 energy.<
>
<
>
<
>
Lethality - 5/5 points<
>
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Sinister Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Ghostly Strike, or Hemorrhage abilities by 30%.<
>
<
>
<
>
Cold Blood - 1/1 point<
>
When activated, increases the critical strike chance of your next Sinister Strike, Backstab, Ambush, or Eviscerate by 100%.<
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Kidney Shot - 1/3 point<
>
Reduces the cooldown of your Kidney Shot ability by 2 seconds.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Combat Talents (8 points)<
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Gouge - 3/3 points<
>
Increases the effect duration of your Gouge ability by 1.5 seconds.<
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Sinister Strike - 2/2 points<
>
Reduces the Energy cost of your Sinister Strike ability by 5 Energy.<
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Backstab - 3/3 points<
>
Increases the critical strike chance of your Backstab ability by 30%.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Subtlety Talents (21 points)<
>
<
>
<
>
Camouflage - 5/5 points<
>
Increases your speed while stealthed by 15%.<
>
<
>
<
>
Master of Deception - 2/5 points<
>
Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while in Stealth mode. More effective than Master of Deception (Rank 1)<
>
<
>
<
>
Opportunity - 5/5 points<
>
Increases the damage dealt when striking from behind with your Backstab, Garrote, or Ambush abilities by 20%.<
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Ambush - 3/3 points<
>
Increases the critical strike chance of your Ambush ability by 40%.<
>
<
>
<
>
Ghostly Strike - 1/1 point<
>
A strike that deals 125% weapon damage and increases your chance to dodge by 15% for 7 seconds. Awards 1 combo point.<
>
<
>
<
>
Initiative - 1/5 point<
>
Gives you a 15% chance to add an additional combo point to your target when using your Ambush, Garrote, or Cheap Shot ability.<
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Sap - 3/3 points<
>
Adds a 90% chance to return to stealth mode after using your Sap ability.<
>
<
>
<
>
Preparation - 1/1 point<
>
When activated, this ability immediately finishes the cooldown on your other Rogue abilities. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:42 AM 

None of the really good Rogues on my server stunlock anymore. There are just way too many ways to
eak and counter it now. Hell, I never have less than 10 free action potions on me at all times<
>
<
>
All the top rogues on my server have epics and use the exploit (of course). The usual combo is:<
>
<
>
Coldblood> Ambush> Backstab> Vanish> Ambush> Backstab>Eviscerate<
>
<
>
That combo will kill any clothie. For the more beefy types its:<
>
<
>
Coldblood> Ambush> Backstab> Vanish> wait for energy PrepColdblood> Ambush> Backstab> Vanish> wait for energy Ambush>Backstab<
>
<
>
<
>
Not really jack you can do about Fury Warriors MS/Reaper. They can keep you MS and Hamstrung indefinately now with the way rage works. Totaly overpowered in the extreme given the kinds of equipment that is out there. It sucks there are builds out there that you must use a pot against to remain viable in combat but Blizzard does love thier money sinks <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:14 AM 

It all looks good, however, I would rearrange stuff so you have 5/5 in both camo and MoD... <
>
<
>
First off, camo HAS to be 5/5 or you will be useless at 60 (though you have that so that is great). With MoD, 5/5 makes the biggest difference in the world. PvP at lvl 60, without full MoD, people *will* see you from far away. With MoD, they can''t see you until you are just about right on top of them. Same goes with mobs throughout the game. I can sneak though
s until my heart's content with MoD at 5/5, but without it, I get seen rather easily.<
>
<
>
Just something to think about <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:52 AM 

Quote: can sneak though
s until my heart's content with MoD at 5/5, but without it, I get seen rather easily.<
>
<
>
I only recently respec'd but I used to solo through BRS without MoD, never did get any Shadowcraft though <
>
<
>
Players on the other hand saw me far far too easily without MoD.
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:43 PM 

Not taking a shot at anyone, but you really should be able to avoid being seen w/o points in MoD. If you can't, work on approach angles and distract skills.<
>
<
>
Remorseless attacks is ok for PvE, but in the end PvP is the real goal and it isn't very viable there (even after they make the change where a HK works for activating it). <
>
<
>
To the question on getting enough combo points for a 5 pt evis, there are talents to help get points faster, so eventually you will hit 5 much sooner in the fight. You can get 2 and sometimes 3 right off the bat with Cheap Shot once you get that.<
>
<
>
Expose armor is really a group skill. In almost every case I know the points are better spent on another finisher while solo. In a group though, the effect is magnified and all of a sudden becomes very valuable.<
>
<
>
SS easily outdamages backstab until you get a decent (slow) dagger. If you actively look for one though, there is a relatively easily obtainable dagger for every level range 28+. I don't really remember before then, but there is probably stuff then too. Good SS maces/swords are a dime a dozen though, so it just seems like a much better skill when you compare a good SS weapon to a bad/mediocre dagger. <
>
<
>
Here's a good opener against a non-mage (I never CS mages due to blink), it needs improved CS to work BTW.<
>
Cheapshot<
>
Backstab<
>
Backstab<
>
Gouge (Improved)<
>
Backstab<
>
Cold Blood Eviserate<
>
<
>
At this point, if not dead you can vanish and redo. If not dead still, prep, vanish and redo a 3rd time. If you have a dot on you and can't vanish (often happens) you can always blind to wait out the dot or use a jungle remedy (that removes many and is free, just farm STV for 30min a stack)<
>
<
>
That is by no means comprehensive, but a good place to start with PvP. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:53 PM 

I need to check out my talent build but i am a Combat sword build rogue Rends arms (both, set gives 50 to att power bonus) and on a General run in UBRS i score normaly 495k damage per raid the mace rogue is 470-485k and the dagger rogue is at 400k tops.<
>
<
>
Sword mace spec is good for constant dps and daggers are for burst. This is measured with combat gauge (raid/group dps meter) the link to the site with the add on is on our guilds website. <
>
<
>
http://www.guildportal.com/Guild...bID=253170 . its on the add on page. great program shows how many pts healed to each person how many pts the healers healed for, and how many pts or damage each person did on the raid. Shows who is doing what. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:51 PM 

I have a 21/8/22 rogue, similar to what Neesha specced out, and it works really well in both PVE and PVP. However, the comments regarding the best ways to take out cloth-wearers and warriors are all lost against a good hunter with a damage pet on defensive and scatter shot. (Yea, I also have a hunter and have learned a bit from playing both. ) <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:56 AM 

Last night I rolled a Troll Rogue on a PvE server to hang out with an old friend. I was thinking about it and I figured I'd try out a Sword spec to see how it goes. Since it's PvE, I don't need to worry about as much crap other than dealing out damage (for the time being, at least). With that in mind, I made yet another build. One question for those Combat Rogues out there: Is Adrenaline Rush worth it? I was debating on putting any points at all into Subtlety, but I like the idea of walking faster when stealthed. I guess I can try to hold off on MoD as long as possible and see if I get detected that much (at early levels, I don't think it will be that much of a problem). Anyway, here's yet another build I came up with:<
>
<
>
Assassination Talents (16 points)<
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Eviscerate - 3/3 points<
>
>
<
>
<
>
Malice - 5/5 points<
>
>
<
>
<
>
Ruthlessness - 3/3 points<
>
>
<
>
<
>
Relentless Strikes - 1/1 point<
>
>
<
>
<
>
Lethality - 4/5 points<
>
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Sinister Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Ghostly Strike, or Hemorrhage abilities by 24%.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Combat Talents (29 points)<
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Sinister Strike - 2/2 points<
>
Reduces the Energy cost of your Sinister Strike ability by 5 Energy.<
>
<
>
<
>
Improved Gouge - 3/3 points<
>
>
<
>
<
>
Precision - 5/5 points<
>
Increases your chance to hit with melee weapons by 5%.<
>
<
>
<
>
Deflection - 5/5 points<
>
Increases your Parry chance by 5%.<
>
<
>
<
>
Riposte - 1/1 point<
>
A strike that becomes active after parrying an opponent's attack. This attack deals 150% weapon damage and disarms the target for 6 seconds.<
>
<
>
<
>
Dual Wield Specialization - 5/5 points<
>
Increases the damage done by your offhand weapon by 50%.<
>
<
>
<
>
Sword Specialization - 5/5 points<
>
Gives you a 6% chance to get an extra attack after dealing damage with your Sword.<
>
<
>
<
>
Aggression - 3/3 points<
>
Increases the damage of your Sinister Strike and Eviscerate abilities by 6%.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Subtlety Talents (6 points)<
>
<
>
<
>
Camouflage - 4/5 points<
>
Increases your speed while stealthed by 12%.<
>
<
>
<
>
Master of Deception - 2/5 points<
>
Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while in Stealth mode. More effective than Master of Deception (Rank 1)<
>
<
>
edit: we need more colors! <i>Edited by: Neesha the Necro  at: 6/7/05 10:00 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:34 AM 

yes AR + thistle tea + evasion + bladefurry = god mode<
>
<
>
edit: not in that order but I find mass group pvp to be my hardest to excell, and when I can stealth around and find a few away from the rest or busy with somthing else I can normally kill a few and escape easily to restleath and re position. You need more time to kill than an ambush rogue but you can handle multiple people better, so to me its alot more about positioning and the environment around the battle so you dont draw too many people to come stomp you out. I have to do alot of running tho too =p Tahs<
>
<i>Edited by: Tahs at: 6/7/05 10:40 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:46 AM 

Finally reached 60 the other day with my rogue. <
>
<
>
Thinking of redoing spec to be assassinate/sub. I current have 30/16/5 (mod5).<
>
<
>
While leveling I went for anything that would pump up my combo points.<
>
<
>
Also still use my thrash blade in main hand. Cause my 2 dagger while having higher dps don't hit as hard with ss or evis verse my sword. So sword is still in main hand. Until I got that sword I always used a dagger main hand. I always had a better dagger than sword or mace for some reason.<
>
<
>
I thinking of swiching 14 of those 16 combat points to stealth for raiding purposes (want to keep improved ss). I play on a pve server, and never had trouble against most critters. I just had to be picky cause my armor and weapons have always trailed my level by almost half. I finally replace my tunic I got at 36 for instance with one from BRS. Tsulyra Shadowhawk<
><
>
Storm Warden of Tunare<
><
>
Mithril Web - Lanys<
>Baroness Jendera - 61st rank sword mistress of Tunare<
><
>
Pollyra 50 monk - Venerable Bellyra 63 cleric - Reva 52 rogue<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:24 AM 

For combat I like<
>
<
>
Master of Deception Rank 3 - all I can spare from dps !<
>
<
>
Combat Mastery <
>
<
>
Improved Sinister Strike Rank 2
ead n butter<
>
<
>
Lightning Reflexes Rank 5 -> precision -> duel weild spec<
>
<
>
Precision Rank 5 <
>
<
>
Improved Sprint Rank 3 -> need to spend points, dont like disarm after having it forever and sprint can save my ass the way I play<
>
<
>
Improved Kick Rank 1 -> point for AR and the silence can help<
>
<
>
Dual Wield Specialization Rank 5 -> I <3 the damage<
>
<
>
Blade Flurry Rank 1 -> dont need to say much<
>
<
>
Sword Specialization Rank 5 -> would rather have maces but no good ones atm.<
>
<
>
Aggression Rank 3 dps<
>
<
>
Adrenaline Rush Rank 1 -> god mode complete<
>
<
>
<
>
Assassination Mastery -> all sorta standard<
>
Improved Eviscerate Rank 3 <
>
Malice Rank 5 <
>
Ruthlessness Rank 3 <
>
Relentless Strikes Rank 1 <
>
Lethality Rank 5 <
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Tahs<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:55 AM 

You can vanish and redo with a DoT on you. <
>
<
>
<
>
Weapon dps/speed doesn't affect eviscerate damage.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
I haven't played my rogue in a while now =/ <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:19 AM 

30/8/13<
>
<
>
Stunlock is for newbies. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:30 AM 

Sword spec just means rely on SS as main attack. The actual talent isn't that great, nor is dual wield spec. Much of the combat tree is just "eh". It would take quite a few rounds of combat to match just one crit ss, and a build that gets fast combo points will evisc more often. Normally when grinding I evisc at three points, or four if I want to use CB.<
>
<
>
Ass to cold blood is good for the level up, and remorseless is a great skill to have. Would rather put points there than in murder. I went that route and then built to a point in ambush after remorseless 3.<
>
<
>
Improved sap is a must have from around level 55 on.<
>
<
>
The build you use to get to 60 should be wildly different than the build at 60. I have no problems stunlocking for long enough to kill without imp cs. Haven't even gone past ambush in the stealth tree. Most people suck at pvp anyway.<
>
<
>
I find that: CS -> SS -> Blind -> Stealth -> CB -> CS -> Evisc will kill a lot of people with the crap gear they have.<
>
<
>
Mages I get behind them and sprint, ambush, ss, and blind when in range again. Then cb, cs, evisc usually finishes them, maybe with a little melee after.<
>
<
>
Sarissa Candyangel <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:10 AM 

31/2/18 <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:47 AM 

I find adren rush > CB due to the chance to miss is still there and you only get one shot with CB. And sword build IS very good for doing steady damage. BS crits are nice but since i crit 600-700+ on SS ALOT it works well for me. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:55 AM 

Any of the rogue top tier abilities require quite a high cost in terms of what you give up to get there. Adrenaline rush is the best of the lot, but there are hard choices as to where the other points should go.<
>
<
>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:03 AM 

BTW, stunlock on my shield wearing shaman makes me laugh. Unless im fighting a rogue pimped out in high end gear, im rarely below half life before they run out of stuns and blinds to use on me. At that point I can ns/heal and beat them to death. Shareef excepted, that bastard pumps out some serious damage. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:29 AM 

I'm horde, so I don't have to worry about that. I've dueled them before, but not seriously. <
>
<
>
Stunlock only works on certain classes, levels, or folks with so-so equipment. In those cases it can be an extremely quick kill. I only really need to lock other rogues and priests.<
>
<
>
If I do use stuns, I barely need to go past one round of it.<
>
<
>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:42 AM 

You should really learn how to kill Priests w/out depending on Stunlock. I use Free Action pots everytime a rogue tries to gank me and just utterly destroy them. However, if they focus on damage and get me with mind numbing, I rarely can win <i></i>

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:21 PM 

People should really use them then; I've only seen one used and that was in Warsong. They always sell well in the AH though. Honestly, the trinket is more of a bother.<
>
<
>
Mind numbing is good, but I wouldn't say I've ever been saved by it. Saves a second or so when running to a blinked mage.<
>
<
>

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:45 PM 

If a Shaman out MELEE's a Rogue, then he should be shot int he face and left to die cold and alone in a ditch for bieng born. No shaman has ever beat me in melee before and I have dueled some in Moltren core Onyxa gear. The ones who do beat me are the ones who shock me to death hehe. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:49 PM 

The thing you have to realize is who each person is attacking. Im attacking a dual weilding guy wearing leather armor. He is fighting a guy with a shield and twice his armor total while using two weapons, which lowers your accuracy somewhat. Once the rogue blows his wad (unless he is combat specced or something) his sustained damage against a shield using shaman isnt that impressive. Especially considering the fact that i can still heal myself over and over again while he beats himself to death on my 200+ damage shield. Once I recover from the stuns and blinds and toss on a big heal, I just have to wear the rogue down. That strategy usually works, but against some rogues I still get whupped. Mind numbing? Insta cast cure poison. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:16 AM 

I use mind numbing on one weapon and cripllin gon the other. Healers are no problem since i normaly kick when they are ready to heal and kidney shot if they try again before kick refreshes.<
>
<
>
Mail is a joke to a rogue who is combat speced. I duel wield Rends arms +50 set bonus att power is nice. Also I have tons of +crit to hit and dodge gear. Potion or buffed dodge at 28%, 21% crit, and 700 att is nice.<
>
<
>
Only classes that give me problems are shadow priests and Fury/arms warriors. Damn warriors high plate armor and damage from the talent build makes me cry p <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:48 PM 

Quote: 30/8/13 - stunlock is for newbies<
>
<
>
I agree. <
>
<
>
I'm running with a 21 17 13 spec. Cold blood, +2% to dagger crit, imp ambush. It's not the best spec yet, but its getting there. I think for a lot of instances, opening with an ambush and a BS is godly, but after that locking up your opponent and delivering massive damage is a must. <
>
<
>
I think I'm going to look into hemo. <i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:58 PM 

Thank you for saying that Shareef - you're great.<
>
<
>
I'm top DPS in my guild almost every raid we do (unless there is a ton of AEish type stuff - 1 mage is right next to me usually.) After me and the mage, there is a Shaman that hangs up there with us and a handful of rogues below him. From there normally the best hunter, then the rest of the mages.<
>
<
>
Anyways, for PVP I rarely CS anymore. I find that CS gives people time to think - if I open up with a 1300 point Ambush and do a 1k backstab followed soon by a 5 point eviscerate, the caster can be dead within a matter of a few seconds. If a priest has time to think, I am dead. I either beat casters within the first 10 seconds or I vanish and run away.<
>
<
>
The real joke in PVP: Druids. <
>
Sarvior, 60 Rogue of Eonar<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:25 AM 

I've had really good success with using wound poison on one weapon vs priests and druids. I haven't really played with mind numbing as much (didn't make a strong 1st impression)...should I revisit this? <
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Mithril Web<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:44 AM 

Saved Template<
>
<
>
Class: Rogue<
>
Level: 60<
>
<
>
<
>
Assassination Talents (30 points)<
>
<
>
# Improved Eviscerate - 3/3 points<
>
>
<
>
# Malice - 5/5 points<
>
>
<
>
# Ruthlessness - 3/3 points<
>
>
<
>
# Relentless Strikes - 1/1 point<
>
>
<
>
# Lethality - 5/5 points<
>
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Sinister Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Ghostly Strike, or Hemorrhage abilities by 30%.<
>
<
>
# Improved Instant Poison - 4/5 points<
>
Increases the chance to apply Instant Poison to your target by 8%.<
>
<
>
# Improved Kidney Shot - 3/3 points<
>
Reduces the cooldown of your Kidney Shot ability by 5 seconds.<
>
<
>
# Cold Blood - 1/1 point<
>
When activated, increases the critical strike chance of your next Sinister Strike, Backstab, Ambush, or Eviscerate by 100%.<
>
<
>
# Seal Fate - 5/5 points<
>
Your critical strikes from abilities that add combo points have a 100% chance to add an additional combo point.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Combat Talents (11 points)<
>
<
>
# Improved Gouge - 3/3 points<
>
>
<
>
# Lightning Reflexes - 5/5 points<
>
Increases your Dodge chance by 5%.<
>
<
>
# Improved Backstab - 3/3 points<
>
Increases the critical strike chance of your Backstab ability by 30%.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Subtlety Talents (10 points)<
>
<
>
# Master of Deception - 5/5 points<
>
Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while in Stealth mode. More effective than Master of Deception (Rank 4)<
>
<
>
# Opportunity - 5/5 points<
>
Increases the damage dealt when striking from behind with your Backstab, Garrote, or Ambush abilities by 20%.<
>
<
>
<
>
<
>
Superior PVE damage / PVP utility build : ) <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:32 PM 

That last one is worded oddly. I mean, you can only attack with those moves from behind anyways so why specify you get the bonus for attacking from the back? Its implied in the moves themselves. Wouldnt it have been easier to say, "Adds 20% damage to backstab, ambush and garrote attacks." <
>
<
>
Btw, currently im loving the garrote/rupture combo. Its just a blast! I pickpocket, open with garrote, get a 3 point combo and rupture, then finish the mob off. If its a runner that gets away, I can ignore it and let the dot effects finish him off. 15, 27, 15, 15, 27, 15, dead. It feels alot better than landing a 5 point evis that says it hits for 195-215 and only does 112 max. Yeah I know armor effects it, its still annoying to have a skill do about half the damage listed. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
>