It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:40 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:34 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

At least as part of the package they are offering, anyway: $2.50 for a month of play and 15 expansions.

Is this all of the expansions? How many subscribers do they still have, anyway?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:41 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
Welp looks like I'm going to load this up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:38 AM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

EQ1: Leolan
Rift: Leolan
Must resist.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:27 AM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

It's all expansions except underfoot I believe.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:29 PM 

It's all of the expansions except Underfoot (which you don't need until your 85 with decent gear and some AA anyways). Lanys (The Seventh Hammer) was pretty barren when I last played, which was a little over a month or so ago. There are some servers, though I have no clue which that have a decent population still.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:07 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
Player population is definitely not where it used to be, obviously. But there are still people who are playing this game. And if you can find like minded individuals, then your experience becomes that much better.

The game still has a crap ton to do in it, so you never have to have a situation where you log in and stand in guild hall asking yourself "I dunno what to do!" The game has gotten easier (except for Underfoot, but like was stated above you need 85/substantial AA/SoD t5 gear minimum to play) but still provides enough of a challenge to where it isn't mind numbing.

Of course there is still grinding, which is mind numbing- but what MMO doesn't have grinding?

I go back and forth, but I also have seen several people (Buvan, Karsys to name two) who have returned recently. Others like Aaramis I don't know his bard's name, but looks like he is back. For 2.50 and a month play I doubt it would hurt to at least check it out. And if you don't like it after a couple weeks- well, you are out 2.50 so I guess you make a sandwich that day instead of getting a McDonalds value meal :)

If you do decide to come back and get on Seventh/Lanys... look me up. Always cool to chat with the old school Lanys from these boards...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:49 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Aaramis, Aerendil
EQ2: Aaramis, Telomir
SWOR: Aaramis
^^ Yeah, I'm currently levelling up a Bard (Kaluan) on 7th. Rolled him up last anniversary, played for a few months, then lost interest after I bought a house (man, that sucks your free time away. And your money). Just recently returned for anniversary events, but playing very casually these days, so I'm just sitting at 75 at the moment building AAs for an hour here and there when I can. I also pop on EQ2 now and then as well, but it's a bit more time-demanding to gear your char up (epics, tier2/3 void armour, etc.). Plus what they've done to Bards and Rangers in that game is... odd.

But as CC mentioned there's plenty of ex-Lanys folk still around on 7th (I've seen Sijandi, Straha, Tuluvian, and several others in my travels) - some casually like myself, some still hardcore raiding. I know a few that 2 or 3-box + mercs and basically form their own groups and tackle group events... solo. So there's plenty to do based on whatever appeals to you.

For those thinking about returning, now's probably the ideal time if you're a melee. Those lvl 75 fabled pet weapons are absolutely disgusting, especially with some Combat Effects and the Weapon Affinity AA line. And if you want to AA grind with a shitty Bard, look me up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:09 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
I wonder what the Population is in EQ now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:55 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Traxor
WoW: Zairux
EQ2: Traxor
SWOR: Darman
Eve Online Handle: Traxil
If anyone goes back, try Mayong server, it's about the only one worth playing on.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:53 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Gothor
Did you guys know that were/are 3000+ items that have never been found in EQ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:21 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
I almost (almost) find that hard to believe.

but then again, EQ as an MMO is so fucking...big...now, that it's a distinct possibility.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:11 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Aaramis, Aerendil
EQ2: Aaramis, Telomir
SWOR: Aaramis
Mayong is a bit of a mixed bag, really, so do be careful with that one.
It's the 51/50 server, so you start off at level 51 with 50 AAs.

However, it's not very well explained, so you get a ton of newbies sitting in town thinking "what the.., why am I level 51 sitting in Kelethin?!?".
It also starts you with 0 cash, and 0 key items. So, for example, if you make a Magician, you'll start with the level 51 pet - yet can't summon it. And have no money to buy malachite to summon it.
It's a bit wank.

So just a heads up on that.
'Course, the good news is that you ARE level 51, and can grab some new friends, hop over to Sebilis, and farm away to your heart's delight.
/shrug

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:43 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

I actually rolled a magician when i tried out mayong, and that no cash thing was a pain but here is a tip ill give to get some easy and fast cash.

Roll a druid, you start at lvl 51, and go farm the hell out of Hill Giants for a few hours! I actually had a druid bound/parked at HG's and would usually just farm/port into town and sell, gate and camp to my main until i needed spare cash. It worked wonders...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:50 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
There is zero reason to roll on that 50/51 server.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:42 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

well, case closed then!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:15 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

yeah so, I reactivated today, unfortunately most my characters are on stromm still but I'm considering xfering my bard over to 7th, but my question is how is the server population over there? also are there any decent guilds without strict raiding requirements?

If you're still playing lemme know on here, maybe we can meet up and do shit!

-Enash/Zanathis/Stabrex ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:03 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Perpetuo / Bupas
WoW: Proven
Greetings Enash.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:15 PM 
Do you smell that?

Greetings, indeed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:49 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

yo yo, how goes it fellas? I've been fuckin around on stromm and just looted a neriad shawl! feelin like a pimp hahahaha

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:19 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Lord Traxor wrote:
well, case closed then!

The people there are begging to be merged with another blue server and have the 50/51 removed because the population is so bad. Why would people even suggest rolling on a doomed server that was destined to fail from day one?

50/51? That's like a few hours of work now by just feeding your merc mobs. You don't even have to buy the max rank one. I started out dirt poor and had characters mid 60 with a very generous smattering of AA in about 3 days played total, a good 1.5 of that was fucking around and relearning shit. Some of my gear was shit, but the defiant you pick up more than made up for it.

Yep, found em. Here they were...

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/chara ... 5396420585

and

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/chara ... 5396421051

I don't think I bothered with spell upgrades until the 50s. Maybe for like the abilities and such, and I would cast low level spells for skillups but my mercs did all the work. We actually didn't bro group very much. It was faster to solo.

Truth is nobody will know where a good pop server is until well after their mergers. And they are only giving you like 7 days after it hits to transfer. So pretty much put all the names on a dart board and have a toss.

What really got me in the end was PoP leveling. God damn they really need to turn the parchment system into something from later expansions. Best way to deal with Planes of Power is to blow through it as quickly as possible.

I don't see it as being too hard to catch up to end game as people made it out to be. I had to quit because of school ramping up that semester, but we were making some absolute sick progress. I had never played anything past LDoN, so all that shit was new to me, and still tons I didn't even bother with.

I might pick it back up this summer if the Vanguard bug leaves me, but right now it's got more than enough to do to keep me interested. It would be fun to actually have my berserker raid read tho.

Offline Profile