It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:08 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Enchanter Help
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:02 AM 

Hey guys... I made it to 67 on my Bard and figured it's time to reroll now that I actually remember how to play. The new server is a lot of fun and I love my bard but I messed up on some AA's (not that it matters since you can have a million) and just wanted to give it another go around.

I am starting an Enchanter and I have never (EVER) played an Enchanter with the exception of playing them in EQ2 but that's apples and oranges. Anyone care to give some advice on AA's and just some general insight on playing enchanters. I'm doing pretty well and there's not a whole lot of EQ information outside of Allakhazam's and stuff here an there.

Anyway, I'll probably be playing EQ until we get a little closer to Star Wars: The Old Republic (or something better).

Thanks for the help and come check out the new server. Gotta love having 30 people in all the major zones, tons of people LFG, trains, camp drama, and just everything you can remember.

Post subject: Re: Enchanter Help
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:45 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Dire charm is useless. Don't even bother. It doesn't work on shit past like OoW or something and they have never put in any updated AAs in that line. The only advice I got from people was to get your instant cast runes asap, and focus on those upgrades first. The rest went into like resist AAs. I forgot what I was putting points into when I quit. My enchanter ended up just sitting there because my tank merc was a more efficent CC.

And there is near zero information at all out there about EQ anymore.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:08 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I'm playing a necro with a healer merc, and I don't even bother to mem tap spells anymore and can tank 3 nightmare hobgoblins at 61. I imagine it will allow about the same for enchanters.

Resist stats is good advice. With defiant gear most of the core stats are maxed, but the resists could use a little help from aas.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:33 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
Darwinain is playing an enchanter now, I am sure he can give you some tips as far as early AA goes- I think he has around 200 or so AA at lvl 59.

If you make a character on Seventh, I can refer you to some solid enchanters who have 2k+ AA or so. I am sure they can give you some good AA advice...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:40 AM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

Yeah I have close to 300AA now, level 62 but just banking a few more then going for 65 before I stop for more.

I find the useful ones are the ones which you'd think would be useful - stuff like the Eldritch Rune, obviously Planar Power, all of the casting ones (like Subtlety etc). I haven't used a pet for a number of levels but I'm thinking about getting the Pet Control ones too and hopefully add some dps, but I dunno how gimpy they are at this stage of the game. Higher up there's plenty of mana ones, mez and charm specific as well that will definitely come in handy. I also picked up all of the combat ones, as you can never have too much hp, mitigation and avoidance. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:42 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Traxor
WoW: Zairux
EQ2: Traxor
SWOR: Darman
Eve Online Handle: Traxil
chanter pets with mage toys are pretty decent these days, def worth getting the pet attack aa.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:48 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
In Diligence, our chanters are our work horses. Especially in Tower. Amazing how they keep literally 30-40 mobs mezzed for up to 10min a pop, Charm DPS mobs and have them burn down the mezzed ones one at a time while the rest of us are killing the bosses.

If you are any good, you will find work at the high end.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile