It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:45 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ok, Let's get a rollcall
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:20 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Me Gotty Skyas and some others have been playing on 7th hammer for few weeks, who else is playing on the server nowadays?

We are in a guild called Evil`Empire so if you see one of us running around give a shout out.

names are Kukulkan and Vhalleon

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:57 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Enash wrote:
Me Gotty Skyas and some others have been playing on 7th hammer for few weeks, who else is playing on the server nowadays?

We are in a guild called Evil`Empire so if you see one of us running around give a shout out.

names are Kukulkan and Vhalleon

I've been playing Uluth, in Mystical Moonlight, and I know Intin's playing. No clue who else though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:08 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

How do you get back into this game? I'm so far behind on expansions.. what's the monthly fee?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:10 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Bananea
WoW: Nananea
Gotty? Wow that's a blast from the past. Tell him to email me please :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:34 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
Fee is still 15 per month. Or you can buy packages of 'x' months for a price that (when you average it out) is lower than 15. I think 3 months is 42, which factors out to 14 per...

As far as getting back into the game, it is extremely quick for anyone to level up to 60. Once you hit 60-70 then it starts to slowly become longer to level, and 70+ you need to start having some decent gear, groups, and/or power levelling to get up to 80+. And 80+ is just relatively bleh for obvious reasons...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:45 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

My wife (Lisy) and I are on Stromm, and will likely transfer back to Seventh. I kept the FL guildname intact.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:39 AM 

I can't even remember what level Joxur is.. 65? Hmm. I may re-up, I'm so fucking insanely ridiculously bored in WoW. We'll see when my Eve trial expires.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:00 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

I'm playing as basically anyone you see with an Aphelion guild tag. Also, as some anonymous alts that just sit around with their mercs farming AAs, because you really don't have to be at the keyboard any more to level.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:30 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Pretty sure Cucu is still around. I have my accounts paid for, but haven't been online in a while due to busyness...

And if you buy the 2year deal its like $9/month. And i think its only 20-30 bucks to get the full set of expansions up to current, and you can do it all online if you feel the necessity.

Oh, im on 7th still.

Formerly known as:
Dashkast Justifyer
75 Gnomish Puppy kicker

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:36 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Dash, did you ever find my account info? =p

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:12 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Traxor
WoW: Zairux
EQ2: Traxor
SWOR: Darman
Eve Online Handle: Traxil
I'm stuck on stromm, but I hated being on 7th anyways since they bitch slapped Lanys away.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:24 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Trax, 7th isn't bad. Tons of old Lanys people on there that I remember and have seen. Bigz, Tanise, Wayseeker (Now on a Bard Songseeker), Mistydawnn, Gutss (Mistaree) among others. Those are just the ones I've seen or spoken to that I remember.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:33 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

EQ1: Cucullin McFury
Took about 6 weeks off but will be back raiding next week on the 7th.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:08 PM 

Cuc.. how's everything? Great to see you still kicking. (wasn't a monk pun on purpose)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:07 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

I'm kicking around in EQ again on the 7th hammer/Lanys server, kind of lost in what is going, Everyone is welcome to send a tell and say hi, name Wildiiana lvl 66 Ranger and a few AA's, Anyone have a link or something that will help an old newbie find out what area is good and things to work on.

Also still doing some WoW on Elune server, a night elf Hunter Wildiana

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:24 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/index.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:52 PM 

Ele... I would be down for a FL return. You know, a married + son, and a full time job type of return! Hahah

Seriously, WAR's expansion is pretty awesome and everything but, i'm still down for a challenge, especially with expansion coming up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:33 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Shit, if only. Too much traveling for me. I really am only fucking around, maybe play with the mercs, relive some old content and just talk to a few old school folks.

I trade my raiding card for a Diner's Club card awhile ago =/

Note: WoW raiding doesn't count as "raiding". It's like herding cats through a linear progression model.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:07 PM 

haha... believe me I know. I don't even know what type of raid schedule would fit into my life. The great thing about WAR is I get to log in for a hour, take a few keeps, maybe take part in a City push, some SC's, and other misc. stuff. I have no idea what EQ entails now but, would be cool to fly under a common banner again if only to relive so old content and raid a night or maybe two throughout summer or late winters. I'm a Tech Coordinator / Technology Teacher for a High School now so my days of grinding out and developing software is finally over. Being on a teacher's schedule is surreal and perfect for family life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:25 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Doing pretty good Mulli just working a ton so play time is non existent atm. I will most likely log on this weekend and start back raiding 2 nights a week again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:52 PM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Good Cucu, I should be 85 by then or at least real close to it. Enro and I play an hour sometimes a few hours 3-5x a week.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:01 PM 

Wow... how many Lanys people do we have playing EQ right now?

Khan, may be an obvious answer but, with the play schedule you are on atm, how are you enjoying EQ? Right now, I play WAR nearly everyday for a hour or two. Sometimes a bit more on the weekends depending on family plans. The only way I can see EQ is playing 4-8 hours a day to truly accomplish things. I still have my cleric but if I came back I would like to reroll a SK. Can you get away with a couple hours every other day and still enjoy? I can probably raid one to two nights a week as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:37 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

You can get a lot done in an hour. As far as raiding, I don t raid for more than 4 hours on the nights a do raid but that really depends on the guild your in. Tons of options for casual to hard core players.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:52 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

We've missed you much Cucullin!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:34 PM 

Xolar, Zeronus, and I all re-upped with the Mythic / Bioware announcement. Still debating on either bringing back my cleric or rolling a SK or Rogue.

See you guys in game next week when we get from vacation.

Muli

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:27 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

SK > all

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:47 PM 

Too late... I already went Rogue. Duty had told me that Rogue's are in pretty high demand. Also, if i'm going to tank, then I needed to be a warrior. I don't want to be a warrior so I went Dark Elf Rogue. Name is Muligann.. I wanted to be as close to a familiar name as possible.

I need some serious help so if anyone catches me in game, give me a shout. I'm definitely lost! haha

Last edited by MuliganVanJurai on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:57 AM, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:38 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

my statement stands. :)

But goodluck, rogue's are beasts.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:32 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

The only thing a warrior can tank that a SK/Paladin cannot tank is raid boss named. Everything else... all three are capable and able to tank.

Of course you just need to play what you want to play. That is really the only way you will have fun in game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:55 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Elidrin
WoW: Avelle
Don't resubscribe to this game! It will steal your soul!

Avelle 75 PLD/DRG/DRK/BRD
Midgardsormr - Active again
Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:48 AM 

This game has really changed but I can't believe how much fun it is at the moment. I honestly went in with low expectations and planned on farting around with some old faces but, the game itself has been quite challenging. I actually noticed I had a 33 Rogue on my account so after playing from level one to nearly 10, I began remembering a lot of different things. I switched over to my 33 Rogue, Loches, and began hitting Hot Zones. I spend what little money I had on Muligan buying some Defiant Gear and weapons but I am so broke.

Xolar and Zero should be patched up today and I believe they are starting fresh. Talking to Xolar last night, I believe he will be rolling a Beast Lord and Zero a Shadow Knight. We'll probably pull a couple of healer Mercs around and begin destroying stuff. I have been reading stuff every night and killing my iPhone trying to learn how to play my class. I believe this is one thing I missed the most. Going into many other games, it wasn't important to be as proficient as it is in Everquest. It could just be me, but I feel to be of any value in EQ, regardless of class, you need to be good at what you do. Games just do not have the challenge or the demand of excellence EQ requires. I'm playing relatively casual, couple of hours or more an evening and it's great.

If anyone wants to lend a helping hand, I am playing Loches and if Givin or any other professional Rogues want to lend some insight here, it would be greatly appreciated.

Muli

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:57 PM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
so what do mercs cost to hire and how long do they last?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:25 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Mercs last forever. Thing is, every 15 minutes they charge you an upkeep fee. The cost for both is rated to your level.

Muli, look me up on Uluth if you need help.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:28 AM 

You can look me up as Demondred (WoT fanboy), gnome sk. I made a gnome after Givin one time was sneaking around down in lower guk King side. At that time, like a month after Kunark release, we were all low 50's and I heard my first "woot". We all looked around and thought maybe it was a GM or something because none of us had see invisible up. I think that was the first time I ever heard of the word "Woot". He popped out later, I guess he was just roaming around. Camping the Froglock King back in early 2000 = uber btw.

Anyways, look me up...Demondred, I am in Iraq and have a little better than dial up but I can tank, destroy and train like the best of them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:11 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

I hit 81 last night. I can now AE headshot farm C2 in plane of fire. 100%AA gives 10% a kill. With LoD i get about 18-19%. In my 30 minute lesson (first time and no AE root yet) I was able to rake in 22AA. That's 22AA, solo (no merc), in 30 minutes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:02 PM 

Great to see you on last night Uluth. Duty really scared us to death last night but I made 3 levels. I'm 70.5 now but have a long way to go.

1.) I need some start up cash
2.) I still have Epic 1.0
3.) I have no clue where I am and where I am going
4.) I need a guild
5.) Did I mention i'm pretty much lost?

Duty took Xolar, Zero, and myself and we wrecked some stuff in Volderam(sp?) I have no clue what expansion that is a part of but I know this much, I'm reading like no tomorrow on every EQ site I had bookmarked. I love it...

Anyway, I'm playing Muligan, I said a Rogue but, I forgot how much I loved my Cleric. I thought I was sick of healing but Muli is just awesome but CH does nothing to Duty. He's an 85 tank that is pretty pimped out. Actually Duty, Zero, Xolar, and myself all need guilds. I belive Duty has half of a raiding guild that needs guild tagged.

I'm just pulled in every direction. It's actually pretty exciting. EQ has aged relatively well. I played 3 hours, including run time and all, and made 3 levels and logged off. No stress no worries, I like it...

I'll look everyone up this evening!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:20 PM 

Damn you guys are making me want to fire up the bard. I wish I didn't have to pay the $40 to get up to date.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:30 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

The game has become easier. At the same time, it is still a challenge.

Unfortunately, it is also still a grind game. Granted they have done some things to "spice" up your playing experience so that it appears that you are just not sitting there and grinding over and over and over... but at the end of the day, all it is is just grinding.

But the cool thing is- if you want ez mode, it is there. If you want a challenge, they are there too. The problem is that most people want permanent ez mode and are not wiling to take on challenges. But if you find some who want to challenge and do difficult things- stuff is out there for you to do.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:10 AM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

EQ1: Leolan
Rift: Leolan
joxur wrote:
Damn you guys are making me want to fire up the bard. I wish I didn't have to pay the $40 to get up to date.
elidrin wrote:
Don't resubscribe to this game! It will steal your soul!
Yeah...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:13 AM 

ah guys EQ is just a fun game now and you don't have to kill yourself. I've played 2 of 3 days and went 67 to 71 and a few AA. Just playing a couple hours a night.

51% bonus exp starts today!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:58 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Very happy about the bonus exp weekend. My goal is to gain 250AA to bring me near 750. Gotta find out if potions stack with the bonus. Might go for 400 if they do :p.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:19 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

They usually do.... can't think of one when they didn't.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:34 PM 

They do in fact stack with the bonus. Go back to Valdeholme and you will get a few levels a night there until 75 when the XP dries up.

Mulli, I saw you and Duty the other night in DH killing the farm. The guy with me, Ganal is Enro from Lanys. We were on our way to Mech but couldn't resist stealing a few of your mobs you didn't pull fast enough!

Look us up including Heorot, we are the last of Seven Dreams.

Joe (Rulek, Aeian) is in Silent Honor, he seems to like it and they are in the Lanys Alliance so they get to raid if they want. Just have to put up with Tanise which isn't bad if you just read his typing. In vent his voice and the Uhhhhh after every other word gets very annoying. But he seems to know what he is doing and is an OK guy.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:35 PM 

bah, double post...

_____

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:06 PM 

We'll look you guys up and I can't get Duty to pull fast enough... he keeps talking politics and stuff with people. I think he is also obsessed with server rankings. Rumor has it he'll be in Diligence soon.

Cool to see some familiar faces. I'll catch up soon... then maybe i'll heal ya in some groupage.

Tanise ever visit these forums? So many people yet so few posts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:40 AM 

Uhhh, I dont think so. Uhhh I'm not sure he even knows about these Uhhhh boards, Uhhh....

I had Vicious (sp) contact me last night about joining Dilligence. Was very weird.

Vicious tells you: Did you contact me about joining Dilli the other day?
You tell Vicious: Uhhh... newp.
Vicious tells you: Ahh ok, well I run the Zerkers for Dilli so if you are looking to join contact me.
You tell Vicious: Uhhh... ok?

Not suprising though, they only have 2 active 85 Zerkers in their guild. Guess they need the extra DPS to stay ahead of Lanys Alliance!

_____

Last edited by Xkhanx on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:24 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:41 AM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

Xkhanx wrote:
Just have to put up with Tanise which isn't bad if you just read his typing. In vent his voice and the Uhhhhh after every other word gets very annoying. But he seems to know what he is doing and is an OK guy.
lmao, send him my regards, would ya?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:25 AM 

Sure will, uhhhh... Leo, Uhhhh...

_____

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:31 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I wonder if Diligence is losing members because it has already finished this new expansion, and many of its members are leaving either on summer break or are just bored with Tower clear #1745. I have read that many of the higher end guilds on other servers are in major recruiting mode because they finished the expansion months ago, and there is still what- four more months till the next one? So those who are so bored are just leaving and either not coming back, or waiting till new expansion comes out. Not sure...

What would be interesting, at least to myself, is this supposed change from 54 man to 36 man raids for next expansion. Cause if guilds are recruiting for 54, and then when new expansion comes out and all those who left come back... now you are looking at (say) 80 active raiders competing for 36 slots? Or even 54 slots? Who sits out, who doesn't...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:16 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

The hardest part of GoD (other than the horribly, horribly annoying fights) was figuring out how to deal with the change in raid force size. Going from 72 to 54 was a huge blow to the higher end guilds. Aphelion had an active raid for of 90ish people to hit the 72 person mark. Obviously extremely high attendance and by that point didn't really have trash to cut. The only saving grace was that GoD was so horrible that no one wanted to show up to raid it anyhow.

I'm sure that somewhere out there people loved God, but for the life of me I will never know why. OoW seemed neat, but then WoW launched and delivered the EQ belly punch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:03 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
I wonder if Diligence is losing members because it has already finished this new expansion, and many of its members are leaving either on summer break or are just bored with Tower clear #1745. I have read that many of the higher end guilds on other servers are in major recruiting mode because they finished the expansion months ago, and there is still what- four more months till the next one?

Hey, you just described the current state of WoW, only for EVERY guild!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:30 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
on Vacation thru Friday 7/10/09

I'm very bored with WAR as well and thinking of trying EQ again for shits and giggles, I sold the monk and beastlord ages ago but think I have a 2nd acct not active of course that had a low level Vah shir Berserker 20-30ish maybe, that was on lanys prior to server merger, presuming they still never deleted inactive charcters ?

may reload old CD's but am I better off buying new ?, since I think I only have up thru GoD for expansions.....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:38 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Draconi wrote:
may reload old CD's but am I better off buying new ?, since I think I only have up thru GoD for expansions.....

Yeah, you'd be better off., Buying SoD catches you up instantly on expansions, and with the mercenaries available, you can plow through low levels ridiculously fast.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:58 AM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

intin wrote:
TGoD was so horrible that no one wanted to show up to raid it
QFT

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:18 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

I should say there were some parts of GoD that were cool. I actually enjoyed it for exp grinding in KT. Yxtta (i think that's the name) was a fantastic one group equipment farm zone on the minis. The two mini flags (Vxed and Tipt ) required to get KT access were also great benchmarks on player quality.. though a skilled ENC could easily power crappy players through Tipt by charming a rape mob. Hell, I even enjoyed Uqua. It was hard as hell, but might have been the most satisfying raid win once it was done.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:47 PM 
What? Another Expansion?!
What? Another Expansion?!

For those thinking about playing, I think until July 30 all inactive accounts can be played for a month for free with all expansions plus some other free stuff. This was the email i got a few days ago.

Quote:
Your account has been reactivated for up to 30 consecutive days of FREE* play (from the date you log in but you must log in before July 30, 2009) between June 30 and July 30, 2009, and entitled to all EQ expansions up to Secrets of Faydwer™ during such play period! Return to the EverQuest adventure to experience new features and gameplay that have been added since your last visit. To help you on your way, you'll receive these exciting in-game items!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:44 AM 

Not everyone, I tried to log on an old acct and it wanted me to subscribe.

_____

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:47 AM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

My accounts are still off as well, too bad, I definitely would have checked it out again.

Lotro accts are free for a week now though, but I've been bored with that since maxxing my second toon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:38 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
Ok after many hours of patching I'm all ready to go in EQ, only 1 small problem I think I'm lost in the bazaar they redesigned the WHOLE DAMN THING :axe:

but seriously I'll be on tonight, 35 Vah Shir Berserker named Jagax, bare naked, and I really will probably need some pointers wee to go and level, and get mercs etc, think I've got like 200pp =/

cya in game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:23 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

For mercs just go to PoK. For where to level there is a guy that you can find using CTRL-F that is the "hot zones" npc. Target him and type "task" and a few quests will come up. I think at 33 the best bet would be Overthere. Since it's a hotzone the EXP rate is ridiculous and the task will give you a nice item and bonus exp.

Offline Profile