It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:36 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:29 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
New hotzones with todays patch. At least they kept the zones connected or close by so you wouldn't have to go from say Vald to the Hive....

* Level 20: Everfrost Peaks

* Level 25: Permafrost Keep

* Level 30: Iceclad Ocean

* Level 35: Tower of Frozen Shadow

* Level 40: Great Divide

* Level 45: Eastern Wastes

* Level 50: Velketor's Labyrinth

* Level 55: Kael Drakkel

* Level 60: Western Wastes

* Level 65: The Ascent

* Level 70: Icefall Glacier

* Level 75: Valdeholm

* Level 75: Frostcrypt

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:12 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Wow, most of those are terrible. Especially if you compare them to the previous hotzone set. Most just don't have the mob density, or are just so damn annoying even to powerlevel in.

Western Wastes? lawl.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:25 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
Valdeholm is a recipe for assbeat unless you have at least 3 players with mercs, at least it was last time i was there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:53 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Yeah Valdeholm isnt to bad just need a tank who can take a beating. Enchanters dont do well for obvious reasons.

Cakvala is 81 but asleep right now, eq didnt reactivate my account =(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:14 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
Don't even need a high level tank to be in Valdeholm either. My monk is 75, 480 aa, no epic... and can solo with a merc in the pit area right near the zone in. With a shaman it is even easier.

Granted the farther you go in the harder it gets, and then I need someone else to tank. But it is *passable* in certain spots of the zone at a lower level...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:13 PM 

Vald is no problem... it's probably one of my favorite zones. I like the new list... I actually know where everything is located!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:52 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Maybe it's changed since six months ago when I played, but anything past the gate for my 70-something ranger and shaman with war/clr merc was total assbeat.

Or maybe I just happened to get summoning linked pulls every time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:18 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Wow. That's some lame hotzone list.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:41 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

If you notice, every single zone is a snow/winter/cold zone. They were trying to go with a theme this time around. Not sure why, but it is what it is.

Yeah my monk cannot tank past the gate. I was talking about the pit right near the zone in, where the spiders are and where the entrance to Frostcrypt is. I mean my monk can tank a mob past the gate... but mob is only getting down to around 65 health heh.

I am really enjoying myself in Plane of Fire atm. At 75/500 I am blowing through mobs easily. No merc needed at c1, do need one at c2- well, I probably need 1/2 a merc cause I don't need heal on every mob. And in the long run it is cheaper to use a merc at like 33 plat every 15 minutes than to use heal potions, so I just keep it up just in case.

Again I still maintain the best way is to latch onto a higher lvl or duo up somewhere. I was with a headshot 81 ranger in PoFire, and in a lesson burn I got 12-13 aa as a duo w/him. Headshot is ridiculous heh...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:25 AM 

Elidroth got angry people don't like his hotzone list.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=153305

Quote:
The level of entitlement some of you show towards things we do to help you out is amazing. Believe me.. I could have used the time I spent setting up the hotzones elsewhere. The zones were chosen based upon a theme. Don't like them? Don't play in them. I'm inclined to recommend we not do them anymore.

I loves me some public devrage.

Hard modes in EQ? Ahahahahahahahaha.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:10 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

my group of 2 and 2 mercs killed vindi and statue, i was happy with that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:30 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

So because I'm a yutz who wanted to read me some lorez, I decided to dink around in EQ to kill some time. Decided to start a new necro on 7th as Bzalthek is just too confusing atm, and gotta say I kinda dig the quests and lore and shit.

Edit: Hah! I just saw a toon with the Oryx tag run by. And also, I did not use that emote...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:38 AM 

I've been trying to get my Masjaun account unbanned for the past two months....kinda a hassle though. Mean while I leveled up a cute little Gnome SK alt named Demondred. I’m 85 now, let me know if you need help with anything, key word is “I was in Lanys” that is always the win with me….other than that, I’m in Iraq and play on different time but who knows…nothing stands long when you have a 145/32 damage weapon and 5.5k AC…omg EQ sure has changed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:51 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Masjaun wrote:
omg EQ sure has changed.

Ain't that the truth. It's almost like a completely different game. I REALLY like the revamped zones (Desert of Ro, Commonlands, Freeport, Nektulos, only ones I've seen so far) but it's just painful when you go to a zone which hasn't received such attention. Qeynos Hills still have the trees whose leaves are two flat graphic planes crossing each other...

Also, Pros:
The resting mechanism to decrease downtime, the reduced exp needs to level (so far), the defiant newb gear, revamped tradeskills make the whole process seem shiny again!.

Cons:
Still no strafe animation (now I know why I always played in first person), pathing in warrens and blackburrow still horrendous (maybe even worse, especially for my undead precious,)

Also, wish I could find a comprehensive quest database. Went to a 15+ questgiver and he sent me off to tackle level 30ish mobs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:57 AM 

Info is very very scarce for this game now. The majority of what we found when we played again we pulled out of the FoH and Something Awful EQ threads. Good luck trying to find AA guides and stuff for most classes. The Magicians Tower is probably the best resource out there for what to do now. I'll link a thread from it in a bit that goes into detail about how to start over.

Actually looks like magicians tower went tits up.

http://eqmagetower.com/forums/ is their new attempt to rebuild.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:19 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I have seen Demondred running around. Did not know that was you. Send a tell sometime if you want. Magicians are pretty damn powerful nowadays, especially in group content...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:55 AM 

I have made a Gnome SK back when they were deemed makable on some patch but never played. I came out to Iraq and under the crappy internet that I have, I could really only play EQ.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:33 PM 

I know someone has shared this before but, what is the best way to make money on this game? I'm still just farming gems and such while between groups in PoP but I know there is a much better way.

I'm 64 now going on 65. I haven't been playing that long but Xolar, Zero, and myself are having a lot of fun. I still can't believe so many people are still playing. Every zone I play in has anywhere between 20 to 30 people.

If you ever give it a try, name is Staccato al`Fine, Bard of course.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:07 AM 

Dulak Harbor. Gems and coin drop. Keep the weapon that sells the best, I forgot which it was but it isn't the dagger or bottle.

Crypt of Nadox or whatever it was always dropped high dollar gems and those skin items that vendored pretty well. Since it isn't a hotzone anymore you could probably make some bucks there slaying the billion ratmen, but I'd wager that is still a popular leveling area just due to the volume of mobs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:20 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

The Serpent spine area will net good plat. The bears in the Mesa drop shiny teeth like candy and they sell for 25pp per. I don't know if that's good for you, but I just hit 51 and I have like 10k in the bank already.

Oh, and apparently selling binding powders is hot shit, cause I would have had to spend 10k to get my research up but I pulled Bzalthek out of retirement to farm. I think they nerfed Quiescence. And I thought Canni 5 was instant! le sigh.

Offline Profile