It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:08 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mac EQ on a PC?
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:55 PM 

I'm at an all time low as far as games go right now. I didn't even bother with AoC and Dark Age of Camelot is getting stale after a few years of playing it on and off.

So....I was talking with some friends and they suggested EQ on the Mac server because the expansions stopped at what many call the Golden Age of EQ....

My question for the community is: Can I download and play the Mac version onto my PC? If I can, then what type of programs do I also need to run in order for this to work?

I know that it won't be the same. I think that most of the game is/was the great community but I am willing to blow a few months off playing this old game again.

btw, is AoC the EQ killer?

Thank you,

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Mac EQ on a PC?
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:11 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
WoW was the EQ killer, tbh :P

As far as playing EQMac on a PC... I highly doubt it. Unless you find a hacked copy of OSX and install it on the PC, it probably won't have 3d acceleration of any sort, so you wouldn't be able to game.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:52 PM 

So I am over in Iraq once again, I have 5 months left of a year deployment…..I stumbled upon the new Mac OS X Leopard and how I can dual boot my system. I could have downloaded the something Gig sized file but then sometimes I waste my time downloading stuff over here on the slow slow internet only to find out that it’s garbage. I went to a local Iraqi market and tried to purchase a bootleg version (like the Microsoft Office Suite and Windows 7 for $2.00 each) of Mac OS but I couldn’t find one. So I got a copy for $90.00 off of ebay. I went to Amazon.com and got a new copy of Mac version Everquest.

Numerous google’d message boards say that it’s real easy to do….I’m interested if anyone else has done this? Well, my intention is of course as the original post states, is to play in EQ again. No pp sellers, MQ2 users (ooops) and so on….I think it's going to be fun...for a while......

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:56 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
No, it's not easy to do, and it requires very, very specific hardware.

Check out the "osx86" forums on insanelymac.com for advice, but unless you have a very narrow margin of hardware and some time to hack it, then you should have taken my original advice.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile