It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:59 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who is playing the game?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:56 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

I (Zanathis/Enash/Stabrex) recently started playing again on Stromm server from the FL move, Scyas and Gotty are playing as well; was just curious if anyone is still out there and wants to play again as well

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:02 AM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

I've been back on Stromm for about 5 months now. Playing my "original" FL-Stromm toon. (Archaelin)

So far...you, Skyas, and Lelleasha are the only other one's I've seen on.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:55 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

well, I found a nice family casual guild Legends and Legacies for now, but it would be nice to find a guild that has alittle more experienced playerbase. any suggestions arch?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:51 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
What could there possibly be left to do in everquest 1 ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:19 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

25 expansions worth of content

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:06 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Having a ton of fun lvling up a necromancer, gearing him up and getting ready to start experiencing alot of the new expansions I have never seen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:05 AM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

Not a whole lot on the raiding end. L&L is not too bad, iirc they are in an alliance that seems to be doing well.

I'm in RotD, good guild, good people. Still pretty low on the raiding totem, but we've broken through Anguish, and are close to beating Vish...Sendaii will be next. We have a recruitment post on the eqstromm forums that gives a little more info.

http://eqstromm67437.yuku.com/forums/2/ ... ments.html

With all the unlocking of content though, and with the AAs coming in faster than ever...upon hitting 75+ you probably could pick or choose where you want to go.

Higher end guilds that I like include Inverse Logic, Ethereal Kindred, and Final Horizon.

Good to see ya back!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:43 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

I believe I'm gonna go with Eternity`s End cause they are a smaller guild that is doing anguish and that level mobs basically right where I left off and I think I can help them push through

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:33 AM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

My experiences with them have been very positive. Good people, and yeah they are right at that spot. Would be a good fit.

Welcome back bud! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:40 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I logged on to take a peek, Plane of Knowledge is empty... Where do the cool kids hang out now? Where do I go with a lvl 70 Paladin? Does MQ2 still work ? ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:28 PM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

lol Hey Fin!

Not sure about MQ2...I keep hearing people making references to it with monks. Supposedly some ability you can spam over and over for 32k damage a pop. (probably have it all wrong, that's just what I gathered from what I read, lol)

PoK is definately dead...pretty much most people are in Guild Lobby now. Instead of Guild hall being the only place that buffs don't fade they made Guild Lobby the same way to assist alliance raids in buffing and such. (A lot of people just afk there during the day and come back later to find themselves fully raid buffed)

With SoF they pretty much trivialized all content below TSS. (some exceptions of course) SoF has attuneable gear that will get you over 300hp/mana and a crapload of other mods on it. So now you can zone in to the local bazaar and a few million plat later you are in gear that for the most part beats out Anguish gear, lol.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:47 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
How long does it take to level a new character from 1 to whatever the level cap is now?

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:06 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Vanamar wrote:
How long does it take to level a new character from 1 to whatever the level cap is now?

I wonder how this would compare to WoW, and if it could be done easily solo now.

No, dammit, no. I'm not going back. /kicks and screams.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:07 PM 

I'm really just curious. I have too much invested in WoW at this point to pick up another game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:29 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Vanamar wrote:
I'm really just curious. I have too much invested in WoW at this point to pick up another game.

Me too, sorta. I had a lot invested in my alliance chars, but I rerolled horde. I'm getting 3 to 70 there while I still have time to do it. I just won't have time to level once I'm cleared to go back to school and I'd love to have those chars around for raiding/pvp/etc.

WoW is just perfectly balanced for me to play casually (meaning less time per week)...though I suspect I might have to quit at times with school because I'll play too much.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:43 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I'd start a char on the side for the hell of it but then I remember the 5 minute rat fights as a newb lol...and you can't even hand alts super items due to the level cap on stuff now.

Larreth, Shaylea still exist somewhere, and my beastlord on another account is still breathing somewhere as well lol.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:59 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Let's say I don't have a million plats and only have 4000k plats what can I expect? haha... Guess i'll have to farm my own shit =)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:54 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
I got the itch to come back, but also have too much time invested in WoW. I wuv my warlock. QQ :(

And omg Tarot, you ditched me for Rugen! *cuts wrists* Just kidding, I've been wanting to play with my Tauren over with you guys but the gnome always calls back. :love1: <--- what a gay smiley, had to use it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:10 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Tbh, I'm really surprised no one has migrated to eqII. Other than the strange system requirements I had a really good time playing that for a while. Problem was there were tons and tons of group related quests and places to go, yet no low level players to do it with.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:12 PM 

Cause they fucked up what little lore they had in the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:10 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

I really liked eq2 for the while I played it, just wish my system was a little better to crank the graphics to max and what not.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:20 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I picked up EQII after the Kunark expansion came out. Playing a Sarnak was fun at first, but once I ran out of the newer content and had to go back to the older areas (lvl26ish) I got bored really fast.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:14 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

I played Pronyma (a monk) with the FL Stromm reroll, if any of you remember who I am at all :P. I actually restarted EQ completely recently (WoW is getting stale), rolled a Magician on Drinal to play with a couple RL friends. The game has changed a *lot*- I started my mage two weeks ago and I'm about to hit level 59, and that's having spent a lot of time helping a friend with a couple lowbie quests and getting about a third of my epic knocked out. Money also comes a lot faster, I always had plenty of money for spells and odd gear purchases from the Bazaar. I bought the SoF pack and started a new account- $30 for all 14 xpacs and a free month. I reactivate my monk's account as well to box a bard, so if any of you remember me I could hop on my monk and say hi :).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:18 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Alpharatz wrote:
I played Pronyma (a monk) with the FL Stromm reroll, if any of you remember who I am at all :P. I actually restarted EQ completely recently (WoW is getting stale), rolled a Magician on Drinal to play with a couple RL friends. The game has changed a *lot*- I started my mage two weeks ago and I'm about to hit level 59, and that's having spent a lot of time helping a friend with a couple lowbie quests and getting about a third of my epic knocked out. Money also comes a lot faster, I always had plenty of money for spells and odd gear purchases from the Bazaar. I bought the SoF pack and started a new account- $30 for all 14 xpacs and a free month. I reactivate my monk's account as well to box a bard, so if any of you remember me I could hop on my monk and say hi :).

How many hours a day? to get 59 in two weeks? lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:37 PM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

Ok, sorry it took so long to reply.

Vanamar:

I can't say for sure, but it doesn't take long. I'm sure if you were absolutely hard-core you could get to level 80 within a week to a week and a half, but you'd have to be crazy hardcore to do that. A fairly solid playtime person could do it within a month to month and a half I'd say.

Tarot:

Definately can be done easily solo. Of course like EQ always was, certain classes will perform better than others, and generally speaking it's the same classes. That being said, just about anyone can now. An example..iirc one of the bigger pitas to solo to 70 was a Warrior. Here are some changes that help with that.

a. Quests that give pretty sick XP, and really good gear.

b. Easier XPing than before, with mobs dropping better loot. I just rerolled an SK on Stromm and level 5 mobs were dropping 15-25hp/mana items, and this was just from the trash newbie mobs. In 1 hour of playing I went from 6th level to 17th, just doing quests and mass killing.

c. OOC (Out of Combat) regen. 30 seconds after a fight you get a humongous regen bonus. As a level 80 bard I get 4% mana per tick back. Any old school bards can tell you how huge that is compared to waiting for your FT to get you there. A warrior can med to full health roughly within a minute and a half.

d. Potions for everything. HoT potions that at level 80 heal about 1400 per tick, DS potions that do 81 or more per hit. Haste Potions, HP potions, etc etc etc.

e. HotZones. These are zones that get a large XP bonus modifier while killing in them. They usually change these zones every few months to keep things fresh, but can see upwards of 30% or more bonus XP per kill just for killing in these zones over other ones.

f. If you die, just summon corpse to the guild lobby. Minimal cost, and usually clerics just hanging out rezzing for donations. Just like PoK in the old days of Lanys, the Guild Lobby usually has people doing MGBs fairly often, and now you can go AFK there, and as long as you are there any buff you get will not lose any time. Log in, go to work, come home and you are fully raid buffed with full duration buffs.

Probably lots more than this, but I'm at work so just tryin to give a quick overview of some changes that might have occured since you've played (not sure how long that's been so some of this might not be new news).

Larreth:

I haven't experienced any of these 5 minute rat fights. Now back in the day I remember not only those fights but I remembered the very real possibility of dying to those rats if you weren't twinked. The fights seem to go much quicker now. I also believe they start everyone off at their skill cap for level 1 on all weapons. So no more going and training 5 or 10 points in swords so you actually hit the mob.

Finlainea:

I'm sure you can get set up fairly well as a newbie for 4k. At level 70, yeah you'll need to farm your own shit, hehe. Or join a guild that utilizes their guild bank feature and is open to helping new members with stuff. We have a guild on Stromm called Black Dragon Legion. I joined them with a couple lowbie alts for when I want to just "get away" for a little bit. They make it a point to "please" take stuff from the guild bank and upgrade yourself. Last I saw there was stuff in there that dropped from Dragonscale Hills that had 240-260hp/mana on it, required level 65, recommended 70. Also a lot of Augments drop out there so you can quickly add another 40-50hp/mana to your gear. I'd say you could probably solo that 240-260 hp gear out there right now.

Hope that answers some questions.

Archaelin Z`Rathien

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:47 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Traxor
WoW: Zairux
EQ2: Traxor
SWOR: Darman
Eve Online Handle: Traxil
Not to mention veteran rewards. Vet rez is the best thing ever, it summons any corpse you have anywhere to your feet and gives you 100% rez for each one. Die at the bottom of the hole 8 times? Bound in emerald Jungle? Just vet rez and every corpse is at your feet with super rez's for each. Oh, and there's no rez effects. :)

I do my crazy raid mob solo attempts when I have my vet rez up. Think its up every 3 days or so.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:49 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EverQuest actually has quests now? :OOO

Dammit, you are making me want to try it out again. I miss Gosthok the Dark Elf Rogue.. =P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:45 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

ya it has quests, the first 30 or so levels should primarily be quested. You have a quest journal and updates as you progress just like WoW and such. EQ would be better than WoW if everyone was still playing it, but alas most everyone is spread out everywhere and too damn jaded to try and enjoy it again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:38 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

I'm L60 with like 5 and a half days /played, although a good portion of that (probably two full days worth) has been spent in Seller mode in the Bazaar. At L20 and L45 you get a group of quests that fills out all of your visible armor slots, and the stuff you get tends to be *really* good. For example, the L45 robe (which I'm still using) has like 2HP regen and 3Mana regen in addition to its other stats (45ish hp/mana, 6ish to all stats or so). The pants have ID3 and the cap has mana pres 3, etc.

If you buy the SoF pack, one of the /claim rewards you get is a booster pack for the separate Legends of Norrath "TCG"- the important thing about this is that (at least on Drinal) they sell for a pretty good amount- I sold mine for a quick 40kpp, and if you're patient you can probably sell them for 50-60kpp (again, on Drinal- I'm not sure about other servers' economies). This should easily set you up with a decent bit of equipment.

Additonally, at some point they added a bunch of equipment specific to the jewelry slots (bracers, earrings, rings, veils, necklaces) call trio jewelry. These are *ridiculously* powerful for really low prices- most pieces will cost 2-400pp, then another 100 or so tops for the three augments to fill them out. This will, in turn, net you a ton of hp/mana (and stats, if you choose to go with those augments, but I find straight hp/mana to be better, as I found myself maxing my normal stats really quickly). For example, my bard at level 17 has a full set of trio gear that gets him something like 110+hp per piece. My magician's trio bracer, at L60, gets something like 310 hp/mana; at L70 this will go up to I believe 360 hp/mana (I could be a bit off on my figures, but that's more or less correct).

Finally, if you're playing a spellcaster and are worried about catching up on the dropped spells, they completely revamped the research system so that almost every spell from old expansions can be researched and only require one drop per spell (a hide of some sort, depending on the level); the rest of the components are all vendor purchasable. The only spells I can think up I can't research (and thus lack at this point) are the L60 ancient spells and maybe an odd spell here or there (I think the mage imp invis spell is not researchable, nor are the LoY quested ones- those are the only ones I can think of off hand that I haven't been able to get). This system extends past 60, so I don't have to worry about the parchment turnins to get my PoP spells.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:39 AM 
Everquest Rocks!
Everquest Rocks!

I'm still playing on Maelin.

I play a character named Iowa. The game has changed a lot but always for the best. One of the better things they just did today was unlock old keyed zones. You now dont have to do the keying events for anything up to like two expansions ago. Really makes for a pleasant experience coming back.

The other big change that was done today was increasing the experience modifier for AA abilities. If you dont have any you are running at like 200% of what people with significant aa time in get.

Overall I still find EQ to be the best MMO experience for me. Especially if you are a raider.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:05 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

It's time for a lanys reunion haha, come back to Stromm, I brought Gotty the berserker back to the dark side!

EverQuest - Update Notes

Here's a sneak peek at Thursday's Game Update. Please note that changes may or may not be made to these before the servers reopen.

*** Highlights ***
- The 10th Veteran Reward, Summon Resupply Agent, is now available!

- Alternate Advancement experience has been accelerated significantly for those with fewer AAs spent and will scale back down to the normal rate as more AAs are earned.

- Many keyed zones from the Ruins of Kunark, Scars of Velious, Shadows of Luclin, Planes of Power, Gates of Discord, Omens of War, Depths of Darkhollow, and Prophecy of Ro have had their key/flag requirements modified. All players that have obtained the key/flag will still be allowed entry into the zones, as will players that have met minimum level requirements for the zones. The zones and minimum level requirements are as follows:
- Required Level 46 -
The Howling Stones
Old Sebilis
Skyshrine to Cobalt Scar
- Required Level 55 -
Sleeper's Tomb
Veeshan's Peak
Vex Thal
Locked areas of the Temple of Ssraeshza
- Required level 57 -
Bastion of Thunder
Halls of Honor
The Temple of Marr
Tower of Solusek Ro
Drunder, The Fortress of Zek
- Required Level 60 -
Plane of Water
Plane of Air
Plane of Fire
Plane of Earth
Ikkinz
Uqua
Yxtta
Kodtaz
- Required Level 62 -
Plane of Time
Inktuta
Qvic
- Required Level 65 -
Txevu
Tacvi
- Required Level 68 -
Anquish
- Required Level 70 -
Dreadspire
Demiplane of Blood
- Required Level 72 -
Theater of Blood
Deathknell

- The Season of the Fabled has come to an end. The Fabled NPCs have packed up their camps and are riding off into the sunset for another year.

*** Items ***
- Added new spell drops to Meldrath's Majestic Mansion.
- Increased the drop rate slightly for some spells in Crystallos.
- Added recommended and required levels to some trade skill drops to help clarify their use. This does not change their actual use as trade skill containers do not pay attention to the recommended and required levels of items put in them.
- Added a set of new vendors that sell many of the spell research components. The cost of these have been adjusted so that they sell to an NPC closer to the price it cost to make them, but merchants will sell them at a premium. This means that you can save money while gaining skill. Also when you make spell combines you can choose between saving money, or saving time. You save money by making the sub-combines yourself, you save time by buying them.
- Chromatic focus is now available for slot 12 augments for Cultural armor.
- The engineer steamworks that work within the guardian have developed devices that help them move within the beast. Fortunately for adventurers they can be a bit absent minded about them and adventurers can find them lying about.
- A vial of raging heartblood is not as vile as it was previously.

*** Quests & Events ***
- Rylin Coil will now show and give all three tinkering mastery books for the tinkering mastery quest.

*** Spells ***
- The Shadowknight spells Touch of Kildrukaun and Touch of Severan that were linked together to share the reuse timer with a previous Game Update have been unlinked.
- Secrets of Faydwer's Talisman of the Puma has been renamed to Talisman of the Cougar.
- Cast time on Quellious' Word of Tranquility has been reduced from 4 to 2 seconds.
- The Adrenal Boost focus effect has been changed to Life Line, which is a mana cost reduction on Pure Life.
- The Closefisted Claw focus effect has been changed to Ethereal Breath, which is a damage increase on Ethereal Conflagration.
- Breastplate worn effects that enhanced one rank of a spell or discipline now enhance all three ranks.
- Reuse time reduction bonus on Assassin's Efficacy, Impenetrable Body, and Fit of Berserking Rage have been set to 25%.
- The Rage of Tri'Qaras effect triggered from Bulwark of Tri'Qaras is now a damage bonus that stacks with other effects.
- The recourse from the Challenge for Honor line will now appear in the bard buff box.
- The Vinelash Ensnare effect triggered from Vinelash Cascade will no longer overwrite the highest version of Entrap.
- The efficiency of Secrets of Faydwer direct damage spells now scales up on higher ranks of the same spell.
- Improved Block and Improved Parry have been merged. Any item that previously had Improved Block or Improved Parry will now have Improved Parry / Block.

*** NPC ***
- Halima in Crescent Reach can now be found in the find window.
- Henrik O'Danos no longer sells Hypericum twice.
- Ralfin in Bloodmoon keep will now cast his heal spell less frequently.

*** AA ***
- Added Rangers to the Critical Affliction line of AAs.
- Increased the range of the Wrath of the Wild AA line to match other Damage Shield spells that Druids have.
- Increased the hitpoints and resists of all "Wards" for all classes to make them better able to resist ambient damage.

*** UI ***
- The tracking window can now be sorted alphabetically and reverse-alphabetically. Also, there is now a check box to set whether you want the tracking window to auto-update every six seconds.
- Our UI xml schema has changed. If you are using a custom UI you may need to update this file in your custom UI directory.
- Changed -
SIDL.xml
EQUI_FindLocationWnd
EQUI_TrackingWnd.xml

*** Miscellaneous ***
- Situation where double length timer was given on events has been fixed. This occurred specifically to people who dropped out of the expedition and hadn't been kicked out of the zone yet.
- Changes have been made to the way the client is notified about other entities (players, NPCs, etc.) in the zone.
- Changed NPC summon behavior to summon the player right in front of their current heading at 1/2 their melee range. Calculations used to determine when the NPC should summon have been made a bit more accurate.
- Iksar and Wood Elves should be able to increase their forage skill caps after purchasing the forage AA.
- Corrected a problem with hate generation from skill attack abilities such as Hail of Arrows and Decimator's Volley. They were generating considerably more hate than they should and have been returned to their previous, lower hate generation.
- Zone-wide /who commands now use a similar code path to server wide /who all commands. Note that this will impose a similar time limit to how often it can be used.
- The bobbing effect of levitation has been removed. A new effect that pushes you off the ground about a foot and a half has been introduced.
- Fixed an issue with the "Public if Usable" permission in the guild bank.
- Fixed an issue that could place levitated players below the world when entering certain zones.
- Fixed an issue that would cause levitate to fail if a player's mount was hit by a spell (usually an aura).
- Stacks of two items in the guild bank can now be split.

*** Previously Updated ***
- Fixed an issue with the reset of the Kildrukaun event in Crystallos.
- Lockout timers linked on many similar long-reuse spells of the same line.

- The EverQuest Team

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:25 AM 
Noob
Noob

I was tossing around he idea of coming back. If I did, I'd want to go somewhere with at least a few familiar faces. Where did most people end up?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:02 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

stromm has the most ex lanys-ites i have encountered. It also has a pretty good community, raid and casual alike.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:10 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I think I stopped larreth at 64 or 65 with very few AA's. AA's come quicker now too? I'd imagine I'd be behind 200,000,000 AA's at this point.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:53 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

EQ1: Cucullin McFury
Lotta people still on 7th hammer/Lanys

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:57 PM 
Noob
Noob

Well, I bit the bullet and started again. Had to start fresh because I sold the original Etyenn. Made a new Etyenn and currently at level 19...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:16 AM 
Noob
Noob

Well, level 44 already. Using the new hotzones to level up is making it insanely easy. Don't know if I would have the stomach anymore to level up the old way going through content that I already experienced multiple times. While in the old days I wouldn't have agreed with removing keys and adding level requirements to locked zones, I like it now that I won't have to worry about keys required by raiding zones that no one raids anymore...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:31 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Hot zone? How does that work?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:24 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Hot zones give you XP multipliers from what I understand. They change them every month or two I guess.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:30 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Etyenn, are you soloing or is there enough people to group with?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:01 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

My friend and I rolled new characters yesterday (Dru/Wiz/SK; I'm 2boxing, he was boxing a 61 mage for DS) and we hit L33 in about 8 hours- XP *flies* by now, we were getting 10~% xp per kill in a 3person group. Solo, you could easily expect a full yellow bulb per kill, killing evens/yellows up until the high 20s. If you do start now, though, there aren't many people to group with, so expect to solo a lot until the high 40s at least.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:10 AM 
Selling FBR First Torch!
Selling FBR First Torch!

You guys on 7th, or on Stromm?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:59 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Started to play again on Stromm, midway to 71. Best XP so far is in BoT thanks to the low blue mobs + Hotzone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:29 PM 
Noob
Noob

Man this thread makes me want to play again!

Tadow and Jadas are still on Stromm last I knew. Of course their gear will be horribly outdated... Tadow is in PoTime gear, and Jadas is chillin' in Qvic armor... what would it take to get the gear to make them viable for grouping?

and whats max lvl these days, 80?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:43 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

I'm on stromm, you can be lvl 80.

Qvic gear is a good basis get better groupable gear. DoDH and such have missions and stuff that everybody gets rewards, plus bazaar has Anguish lvl gear (like 350hp/mana + effects) if you can scrape plat to buy it.

Don't forget to get your aura's if you're just coming back, they are quite handy!

(look up "Chalice of Life" on google or something to see what you get.)

- Trax

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:22 AM 
Noob
Noob

I've done it 99% solo. Grouped with Dashkast for about 1% of it. Akheva exp is the 50's is crazy as it is a hotzone. I hit 51 there and then got run3 regen 3 in less than 3 hours. Less than an hour after that I was 52. Just go to the appropriate hotzone for your level and you can level crazy fast. Also, the hotzones I've used so far are pretty much empty so you have all the mobs to yourself.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:06 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Aaramis, Aerendil
EQ2: Aaramis, Telomir
SWOR: Aaramis
Just out of curiosity, for all of these newly-levelling people (i.e. 1-59 in 2 weeks), what zones are you using?

Are you in the old-world zones, or in the newer ones (i.e. Serpent's Spine or newer expansion areas)? Or a combination of both?

I haven't played EQ in years, so it's interesting to read how the game has changed :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:09 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Get a list of the latest hotzone and stick to them is probably the best way to go.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:30 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Yep, I basically stuck to the hotzones when I was leveling. My plan usually went something like this:
1-10 Tutorial (not necessary, but I'm lazy; NRo is probably a "better" option, but levels go by so fast here anyways that it doesn't really matter)

10-18 Crescent Reach (the only non-hotzone I spend any significant time in, but similar to the tutorial, these levels go by so fast that it doesn't matter much either)

19-40 Blightfire Moors- there is so much content in this one zone that will take you up to 40 in probably ~10 hours, its astounding. Also, the L20 armor quests yield some top-notch armor.

41-50 Dulak's Harbor- "almost" old-school, as its LoY; pretty good cash at the same time, as a lot of gems drop here.

51-62 Crypt of Nadox, similar to Dulak but without the gem drops

62+ Bation of Thunder- the keying requirements were lifted, so the entire zone is up for xp and with a good group (and there are still lots of people grouping in this level range), xp flies by.

70+ Icefall- I don't know about grouping for this, as all of my characters solo np.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:37 PM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
armor quests soloable?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:57 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

The L20 armor quests require random *droppable* stuff from any mob in Blightfire, plus patterns that drop from named and very rarely from normal mobs. All of the stuff can be bought in the Bazaar as well, but people tend to charge pretty ridiculous prices for the stuff, so I would advise against it. Also, check the vendors in Crescent Reach and Blightfire, lots of the stuff (especially patterns) get vendored and can be picked up for cheap.

I also forgot to mention, once you hit 40, before you go to Dulak I'd recommend going to Mesa (the zone next to Blightfire) and doing the L40 armor quests. They're basically upgraded versions of the L20 stuff. As a reference, my mage gets like FT4-5, ID3, MP3, etc just from the L40 stuff. The Mesa quests are also completely soloable, starting from 40 on (although the armor itself isn't equippable until 45).

Offline Profile