It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:36 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Most needed class..
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:29 PM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
I was thinking about firing this up again and starting from scratch.

What class is the least played but most desired currently. Other than a healer of course...

I don't want to roll a warrior type only to find out there are 1500 of them to every one wizzard for example..

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Most needed class..
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:01 PM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
i know the druids are always wanted. Wardens canheal and solo like crazy, fury's arte excellent dps group healers for raids. Shamans are pretty tight to.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:14 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Wardens seemed sought, Furys (I was one) didn't seem terribly in demand. My heals were pretty piss poor and melee was nonexistant.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:47 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Bards are always sought after for raids, and there aren't a lot compared to other classes.

Dirges are good for melee groups, with Troubs used in caster groups. There are currently more dirges as a lot of
troubs betrayed and went over to dirge. After playing both classes, I'd say dirge kicks ass more so than a troub, although my main is a Troub (lev 72 atm), and I get constant tells asking to join raids.

With recent changes in 1 handed weapons being able to be dual wielded I'm enjoying soloing more, but troubs shine best in a group (especially a caster heavy one).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:08 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
Coercer always in high demand too, and you can never have enough Guardians if you

want to stay a warrior, never enough tanks for p/u groups

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:00 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Most guilds still seek 1 Dirge/Trob. The other scouts tend to be hit or miss. Wanted in groups, but usualy easy to get ahold of for raiding. I'm playing a swashbuckler at the moment.

Coercer/illusionist is always in demand, but nobody wants to play them. From what little I experienced it is like smashing your balls with rocks. I hated it.

Tanks are rare leveling up also, tend to be saturated end game. Guardians are really the only looked for tank, the rest tend to be in avalable supply.

The healer classes are so boring to solo, but then agian groups should come frequently.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:14 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

I play a fury and it rocks socks, if you get master versions of your heals you can primary or secondary heal in groups, I've done both. Group heals for furys are excellent, single target heals are good, solo ability is amazing...just cant go wrong with furys :headbang:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:00 AM 

Ok, since I have 2 accts available, what would be the best 2 box route to go? Guardian/Warden? Are the Monk classes fun or are there 20k of them running around.

Also, what is a good UI to get, one that will swap out settings by hitting a button.

And what server does everyone play on now? I know my old acct was on Mistmore...

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:00 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Are you guys kidding? Rangers are the most sought after! .. (lol)

Guardian/Warden is a good 2 box and personally I use ProfitUI. I like it's quick links to alla/eq2 wiki quest information and overall minimalist appearance. I have no idea what you mean about changing out settings.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:12 AM 

Well, not sure if II is like I, I used to swap out gear for crafting etc., and had an UI that I could press a button and it would change all my stuff out.

_____

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:33 PM 
Noob
Noob

EQ1: Utadin
Yeah, where are the active folks playing? I reactivated a few weeks back, but there isn't anyone active in TSO on Befallen(like 1000+ days since last login for some!).

-Utadin

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:37 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I want to try EQ2 again but i'm afraid the servers will be empty.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:25 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

I've been poking around on Crushbone recently, population seems tolerable in cities.

I don't often see anyone "out in the wild" though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:40 PM 

If you do not play primetime on most servers, forget about dungeon crawls unless the very sparse late nighters take a notion to build a pubbie group.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:06 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Givin Wetwillies wrote:
If you do not play primetime on most servers, forget about dungeon crawls unless the very sparse late nighters take a notion to build a pubbie group.

I wouldn't really call them empty though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:24 PM 

EQ1: Noni Deecups
EQ2: Oliva Love
Depends on if you want to raid or group. We are on the Oasis server in a raiding guild called The Dirty Dozen. The only classes we are always looking for are illusionist, dirges and troubadors. Sometimes shaman.

Want to know what servers are like? Go here: http://www.eq2flames.com/

Befallen has kind of been the joke server. Sorry. They tend to be the butt of a lot of jokes. Each server has their own progression threads to get an idea of how many raiding guilds there are and how far they have gotten.

Illusionist, when played right, can top the fucking parses. Problem is, very few people know how to play them on a raid. Fortunately that is not a problem we have.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:04 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

For shits and giggles this past weekend I picked up the EQ2 retail box that has the 4 expansions included. I went ahead and rolled a Sarnak Dirge on the Crushbone server. The class is fun so far. It's a lot more rogue-like than my old EQ bard but it's certainly a nice change of pace from all the healer classes that I've been playing as more recently.

I'm flying through the newbie zones around Gorowyn, I hit level 18 after about 12 hours played and all solo questing.

I see there's a lot of complaining on that EQ2Flames site about how WoW-like the expansion has become, but after playing WoW for the past 3 years it made the transition nice and smooth.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:36 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

It's wow-like, but even some of the solo quests require a little reasoning skill to complete. So it's not exactly WoW.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:18 PM 

EQ1: Noni Deecups
EQ2: Oliva Love
The Profit UI helps a lot with quest, cures, broker and general information and it is pretty idiot proof. It even has an auto updater for the lazy people.

http://gm9.eq2interface.com/portal.php

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:13 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

i just started up again, are berserkers or any non guardians viable for tanking/maintanking?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:19 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
Ber are fine tanks

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:02 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

i ended up guardian anyway , level 11 with an imbued maple wand and a tower shield, still wearing newbie armor, is this normal? (got some quest boots from ogre quests)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:16 PM 

If you started in, or moved over to one of three areas, you will be fine on gear till the mid to upper 20s.

Darklight Woods for evils. Greater Fay for good. Or you could do the Timorous Deep quests as good or evil for gear.

TD gear edges out the others as far as longevity goes. Both good and evils also have a class armor questline starting at 20 that is completely soloable except for the last part to get the breastplate.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:22 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Most crafted armor is on par or better than some of the quested pieces, especially if you get the master crafted sets.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:35 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I started in TD and the quest lines there all led me to BB at lvl 20. Now that I'm there I'm getting quest rewards that are lvl 24 and have only half the stats that some of my lvl 16 gear has.

I guess I need to find a way to get to a level-appropriate part of the new content areas again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:07 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

nice darklight woods put my berserker in the right spot. should i get eof and rok?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:27 PM 

Quote:
I started in TD and the quest lines there all led me to BB at lvl 20. Now that I'm there I'm getting quest rewards that are lvl 24 and have only half the stats that some of my lvl 16 gear has.

I guess I need to find a way to get to a level-appropriate part of the new content areas again

The content doesn't exist. In a comparison, the 20-50 game is still horrible. For most classes, the upgrades in gear will be few and far between untill 30 when you can go to Enchanted Lands and begin those quest loops.

You will not begin to see content worth a damn as far as rewards go untill Desert of Flames. The Thundering Steppes/Nektulous Forest 20s are probably a giant reason why they cannot keep subscribers. It is the most boring circut I've ever ran in any mmo I've played. Butcherblock is so hit and miss I love it one second, and loathe it the next.

RoK is only for two groups. 1-20, and 65-80. There is no middle content. You are stuck with absolute shit untill you can get to Enchanted Lands. Even then the upgrades wont be super substantial, and odds are your old armor will be placed in the appearance slots you have because the stuff you upgrade with looks like ass.

Mastercrafted gear is great, but not worth the insane prices you pay on a broker. You should always keep all of your gathering professions maxed, if anything to sell the rare harvests you get. If you are in a guild with established tradeskillers, just have them make you mastercrafted armor with said rares.

The first thing you want to purchase is a rosewood or better trunk for your Broker box. Bigger the better obviously. I saved and started out with a 32 or 36 slot one, cant remember but buy what is affordable. Place it in your broker slot, at the broker and you can begin selling items.

Sell all "TREASURED" or better items on the broker for gold. People buy it up, even the worst of garbage loot for transmutes. For most classes, don't spend hard earned cash on Adept I to Master spells in the early going. Apprentice IV will do for most and cost silvers compared to gold for Adepts. Sell all Adepts and Masters. Pad your pocketbook for later when you HAVE to start buying Master spells.

Looted Fertelizer Treasure is a goldmine right now. Sell it all. People use them with the RoK pet to make collection items. Worry about it later and make bank off those people.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:12 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Damn I've just been vendoring the fertilizer stuff, it looked like crap loot. Oh well, I've hardly even looked at a broker since I've barely been in a city since I started. Since the leveling has slowed down, I guess I'll start being more economical about my loot. And I figured the the Adept+ spells weren't worth the money at such a low level anyway, only 3-5 damage difference or so.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:43 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Finlainea wrote:
I want to try EQ2 again but i'm afraid the servers will be empty.

The server I was on was super empty.

Offline Profile