It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:27 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:08 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
..then I hope and pray that they every one take this from EQ2 and make it work for them.

From the July 31st patch.

--- "The bosses that drop Legendary and Fabled armor-set pieces in Echoes of Faydwer are now aware of which set pieces characters in the group/raid currently possess. These bosses will only drop an armor-set piece that someone attending needs. As long as you have the item either equipped, in inventory, or bank, you are counted as "possessing" the item."

Now, I understand that random loot is a form of time sink band aid to extend content out, but how nice it would be to go into a raid and know your buds are going to walk out with upgrades even from mobs on farm status 100% of the time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:10 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I dunno, I'd kinda miss not getting the Shammy Totem off of the Maiden in Karazhan twice a week. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:38 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
I just wish the loot process would do a check of what classes are in the party/raid and not drop items that are for a specific class (like the shammy totem from Maiden) if that class is not there.

The other check, you COULD be doing a crystal farming run and want stuff that you already have/have better so you can shard it and not have anything drop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:08 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Random items could still be left to chance. This is more of a fix to watching set items rot eventually as you farm content, or have stupid luck in seeding instances.

Getting a full suit of Wrath out of BWL each trip, while your rogues sit in Nightslayer for 6 months for example.

While you do move through tier systems at different paces across different games, this is a great fix to a nasty problem I always felt took something away from raiding. It is exciting "for the most part" to see people get loot, especially when they deserve it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:16 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Elidrin
WoW: Avelle
Givin Wetwillies wrote:
..then I hope and pray that they every one take this from EQ2 and make it work for them.

From the July 31st patch.

--- "The bosses that drop Legendary and Fabled armor-set pieces in Echoes of Faydwer are now aware of which set pieces characters in the group/raid currently possess. These bosses will only drop an armor-set piece that someone attending needs. As long as you have the item either equipped, in inventory, or bank, you are counted as "possessing" the item."

Now, I understand that random loot is a form of time sink band aid to extend content out, but how nice it would be to go into a raid and know your buds are going to walk out with upgrades even from mobs on farm status 100% of the time.

That's so fucking amazing.

Avelle 75 PLD/DRG/DRK/BRD
Midgardsormr - Active again
Elidrin 75 Paladin
Midgardsormr - Retired
Elidrin 65 Ranger
Lanys T'Vyl - Retired

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:23 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I think the whole armor token thing is a reasonable compromise; I'd just like to see them do a better job of ensuring that there's equal representation for the various slots and armor types.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:07 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
Furthermore, if all of the members of the raid/group have the potential drops, the system then drops a random class part (from the mobs armor drop pool) so you do still have the chance for meltable loot, ie there won't be any empty boxes dropped.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:54 PM 

EQ1: Noni Deecups
EQ2: Oliva Love
I love this change. Everyone in our entire guild has a complete set now, even if we don't wear all the pieces. It also helps any new recruit get up to par, and fast, so they don't hinder the rest of us.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:27 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
Argrax wrote:
I think the whole armor token thing is a reasonable compromise; I'd just like to see them do a better job of ensuring that there's equal representation for the various slots and armor types.

I would agree with this, but I also think having the actual piece drop is more exciting than a token and I know logic says it shouldn't. Also, with tokens certain classes end up getting things defaulted to them before other classes. Again, not a horrible thing, but the way this EQ patch is decribed, it will actually lead to a more even gear distribution.

edit: wow, didn't see how old this post was, been a long time since I looked at this forum. Sorry.

Offline Profile