It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:37 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!
Can dish it but can't take it!

I've been looking at getting back into EQ, especially with the new "Anniversary" edition. It'll get me caught up on expansions pretty cheaply.

In my absence, friends have moved to different servers. Since I don't really feel like paying to have several characters over 2 accounts moved to that server, I'm hoping that there will be another server merge and/or free server transfer I can take advantage of.

Has there been any recent rumors/grumbling about something like this happening in the near future?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:50 PM 
Arts Guru
Arts Guru

EQ1: Sariy & Aeki
WoW: Aeki
no new rumors that I'm aware of. The anniversary edition was worth it for us. Hell of a lot cheaper than trying to by 6 or 7 expansions for the accounts we have.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:36 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Anniversary Edition is great. Highly recommend it. I dont believe they are merging any servers though, so most likely you would have to pay for a xfer, unless you have a girl can and play a sob story, that might work.

Theres quite a bit of lanys-ites on 7th though(which your chars should have automatically moved from Lanys), Mithril web is alive and kickin. Either way, Anniversary Edition is definately something you should get... I had real problems finding it last weekend, had to go to about 8 different places, out of the 1st 7 there was 1 copy total(at a best buy), and went to frys as the last place, they had 20... Most online stores are backordered for it as well, BB, Amazon, etc..

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:02 PM 
Arts Guru
Arts Guru

EQ1: Sariy & Aeki
WoW: Aeki
had to order mine on line. None of the stores with in a 20 mile radius of hell had any.

Server transfers aren't cheap but if you have a place you'd be welcomed and with people you know it's worth it. We moved and I'm actually starting to play again. Go figure me playing and in a raid guild.

Offline Profile