It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:06 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I think i'm lost....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:49 AM 

I actually logged on EQ1 last night. I have all expansions except the last three. I wanted to give it a fair shot over the next couple or three months (because there's nothing better to do in the MMO world) can I take part in the game at all?

I still have my cleric. Lvl 67, mostly NToV / Planar armor. Epic 1.0. Can I even get a group? Do people still raid in the Planes. I don't want to spend money on the new expansions since I don't really "plan" on sticking with this but, I wouldn't mind having some fun (if possible). EQ2 shot itself in the foot (unfortunately because the expansion is great), WoW is soooo boring, they shut my Lineage 2 people down haha, and everything else is beta. I may just throw my PC in the road. :P

Thanks,
Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:10 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

quote-

I still have my cleric.

second quote-

Can I even get a group?

my response-

please tell me that you are joking. a cleric asking if s/he can get a group? please, please, please inform the public that this was just a joke that none of us got.

in my time, i have played a magician, a monk, and a ranger. and i have a cleric asking if s/he can get a group?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

-cc

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:31 AM 

CC... I must have not been clear. My question about getting a group comes from being 3 expansions behind. Meaning... if I can go to the planes and OoW will people even be there or want to go there? Has the world moved into 3 expansions worth of content into the future. If I put my LFG tag on, will my evening be filled with, "Sorry don't have that yet."

It has nothing to do with my class. However, I don't know if I am compatible with what groups typically like to do now.

Thanks,
Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:30 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

well, my post was a semi-joke, considering it was funny a cleric asking for groups :P

as far as being behind in expansions... no one really does dodh anymore except for raids. no one ever does por. there is a lot of people in tss (the new one), so you will have limited options. however, most people still do oow... so you can usually find groups there. hell, with seb as a hot zone, there was anywhere from 5-20 people in that zone just slaughtering the place. this was a few days ago, i wanted to check it out with the tree illusion clicky i got. killed a few mobs, and was done. but i talked to a couple, and they said that seb was a popular spot... as it always has been.

so to basically answer the question... you will miss out on some tss groups, cause that is where many are. however, there are still people doing oow stuff. and besides, you are such a needed and wanted class that people will sacrifice tss groups to be with a cleric :)

-cc

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:17 AM 

That's good to know... I think I can still click my Macro for CH will the best of them. I got back on for a second today. I really have to find a working UI, the default is just too bland.

I went to OoW also, didn't see many people but, I think I will try this evening, it being a Friday night and all, and see what happens. Maybe I can even talk Xolar into hopping on. I think his druid is 70 still. I think he quick just shortly after I did. We've been playing EQ2 and some WoW. I wish EQ2's PvP would have worked out. I've heard rumor that EQ1 may have a PvP Progression server... that may be pretty cool. However, with WoW:TBC coming out, I'd say everything will become ghost towns for at least 3 months.

Thanks,
Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:15 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
Depending on your level, Veksar can rock for a cleric. Only requires Kunark. Many Kunark zones are also hot zones, as are Luclin zones. I see people constantly in Grieg's now when I farm components.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:17 PM 
Everquest Rocks!
Everquest Rocks!

On the Test server, all expansions are enabled, whether you own them or not. I found that out just a couple weeks ago when they activated my account to come back.

The newest expansion is pretty sweet, and the noob armor you get from them is really good compared to the prior noob quest armor from your home city.

I still havent bought it yet, (im 3 expansions behind as well), but I did like the shrouds from Depths of Darkhollow.

The xp on Test flies, it is double xp all the time and in hotzones it is even better. All veteran rewards are enabled for everyone as well.

Im going to fool around on the Test server some and see if buying the 2 expansions before TSS are worth it, but as it stands I will buy TSS.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:20 PM 
Everquest Rocks!
Everquest Rocks!

Good lord, that previous post was everywhere.

Basically what I was saying, was go on Test, and see if you like the newest expansion. Seeing as most people are grouping there, you could get an idea if it is worth your while to buy it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:23 PM 

What is the population like on the test server? Do they still character wipe here and there? That sounds more to my liking. You also mentioned the you liked the newbie armor... is there a decent low to mid ranged player base?

I was looking at my account today and noticed my account opened the day EQ released (march 1999) and I had'nt played since 2004. I can't believe that it's nearly been 3 years since I played EQ. I feel like such a noob all over again :P

Thanks,
Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:23 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

EQ1: Golliwog
WoW: Rileigh
Hmmm, test server sounds like fun.

If you play on test, I'll play with ya Mulllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:40 PM 
Everquest Rocks!
Everquest Rocks!

Test population is low, very low compared to regular servers. That is the reason for the perks (24/7 double xp, all vet rewards, all expansions enabled). They want more people to play.

Wipe issues are null and void, there was one wipe I believe and that was over 2 years ago (the test community apparantly asked for a wipe), either way the community was fine with it.

Money is tight, since you will be alone and no twinkage, but it is a challenge. Don't expect alot to be for sale in the bazaar, but DO expect lower then normal prices on gear. People are really nice and helpful and are willing to help out.

General chat channel is full of chit-chat and questions.

Pretty tight-knit community, but it is a blast. The link to the official test registry boards is on the eqlive forums site, but I cant link it since I'm at work.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:57 PM 

Sounds like a plan Golli... I'll see if I can get some others interested. Not sure what kind of time I will have. However, I don't have any grad classes but my wife has to go back this semester. So I just have work and then my usual stuff here and there. Let's see if we can't roll us something on the Test server. I'll give ya an update on what I have. Heck, we can always duo some. I have to think about what I would roll though... I know this much, it will NOT be a cleric.

Thanks,
Muli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:54 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

send me a tell if u see me online muli.. i didnt see this post so didnt realize you had been logging on

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:29 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

double xp plus vet lesson = 4x xp on test?

Not that im moving, but just curious, as lesson was broken a few months back where it was functioning that way hehe...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:57 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Hiyas Mulligan. Pop on anytime, If I remember correctly your tagged MW. We can always find something to do ser.

Offline Profile