It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:21 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:38 AM 

Dunno when they ninja added this with the patch. But ever since last patch... I can no longer over ride wake of felicity with Euphoria. WTF is that bull shit. Why would sony think it's a good idea to make it where you can't over ride your ae mez with a single target? OMFG I hate using ae mez now... it's just not worth the hastle. I'd rather spend the few extra seconds locking down mobs with Euphoria now so I know I have a staggering timer going to leave room for a resist... then spend a fricken 1k mana to refresh a mez that... should one or more resist then I know I'm dead! God I hate Sony sometimes. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:09 PM 

I havent tried to override AE mez with Euphoria yet..<
>
<
>
Stupid bugs <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:14 AM 

It's fricken gay now! I mean wtf... bleh I'm ranting. I used to have the perfect strat.. mass mobs come in.. meh no worries I have ae mez! Then just pick them off with a single target timer debuff cycle thru single target mezzes again untill tanks picked them off... now I gotta waste 1k mana each time to keep multipul mobs locked. I don't have the hugest mana pool dangit! only 9.5k, and that means less mezzes than with my single mez! Yeah I so hate Wake of felicity now. Specially with mana conservation items... it's conisderably less to just pray the tank lives thru me locking mobs now. Cuz it doesn't seem to work for shit reducing mana costs on ae mez = <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:02 AM 

didn't they fuck with that a long time ago too?<
>
<
>
I seem to remember some issue like that back when I played <
>
My Profile - Oryx<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:33 AM 

AFAIK You could always override any mez. ;( <
>http://www.myspace.com/thewatcher2k<i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:25 AM 

Thats why u have tanks like me kay, I can keep aggro on all the mobs and live thru it <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:57 AM 

That's fine and dandy. But lately finding tanks that can ... uhm yeah. I've killed quite a few in the past couple weeks /grin<
>
<
>
And yes we could always override AE mez up untill last patch. I blame sony. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:35 AM 

Errr EDIT :<
>
<
>
Kay, I am sure you remember all of this, but I am going to say it anyway, because maybe you dont (it was forever ago).<
>
<
>
end Edit<
>
<
>
No, you couldnt always overwrite AoE mezz with single target mezz (err, remember I am talking about the old days in reference to Dig's post).<
>
<
>
the names of the spells are different, but the result sounds exactly the same.<
>
<
>
We had to learn to use AoE mezz in the present state you are describing. Funny thing is, its probably been 2 years since I played this game and I still think of myself as an enchanter.<
>
<
>
You had people that wouldnt use aoe mezz at all because of this. I still used it (many others did as well)... but you had to follow some rules. Remember I am talking about the old days here, and mezzing might have changed :<
>
<
>
1. Know the resist rates of your targets. Dont try to AoE mezz creatures that seem to resist you a lot (duh).<
>
<
>
2. Dont try to aoe mezz creatures higher level than you<
>
<
>
3. Expect one or two to resist, and mezz those single target (ie AOE Mezz, bounces on one, mezz that one single target).<
>
<
>
4. Direct your tanks to the mobs you have AoE mezzed first, rather than the one single target mezzed. Tanks (probably still) will usually come for the one single target mezzed... because it will be the one away from the group, and closest to you (because it ran to you on the bounce). Direct them AWAY from this mob and back to the group of aoe mezzed mobs.<
>
<
>
That last one is important enough that I would work it out ahead of time with your group if they dont know your style. I used to (if I was NOT with guildies or people who knew my style) tell the group I would stand next to the next mob, and then direct them by saying "this one".. this one next etc.<
>
<
>
<
>
Every time i get the urge to play, I remember its been litterally 2 years, and I wouldnt have spells, levels, needed AAs etc.... I still get urges to play this damn game but Im so far behind now that It would be stupid.<
>
<
>
<
>
<i>Edited by: Llorian Lanys at: 12/9/05 10:53 am<
></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:38 AM 

I could catch you up really fast Llorian. you would be amazed at how easy it is to level and gear up. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:22 PM 

hrm...<
>
<
>
Well Llorian is only level 62, and Llorath (the beastlord) is 65. Both of them are so undergeared... but man I had a good time playing this game.<
>
<
>
Ill look you up if I change my mind cuc <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:07 PM 

I used to do the "This one next -)>" thing too, Llorian.<
>
<
>
I also used to root AoE mezzed targets so they didn't beat the living daylights out of me if something went wrong, and made sure the healer(s) knew not to stand next to them.<
>
<
>
Didn't GoK overwrite AoE mez?<
>
<
>
Man, I played an enchanter for my entire career, and it's scary I don't remember so much anymore... don't remember mez times, overwrites... *sigh* It's a good thing I'd never have the time to come back, lol. -D<
>
<
>
Empyreal Void<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:51 PM 

There was a time when stuff did overwrite, then stuff didnt etc. The biggest problem with aoe mezz back in the day was, what happens if you try to mezz a pack of mobs and it bounces on like 3-4.<
>
<
>
It didnt used to be SO much of a problem, because thats what the PBAOE stuns were for.. flux, shift, skew (wtf ever they are called now), but they made a lot of mobs not stun able because of AOE groups... I am sure you guys remember that.<
>
<
>
Bouncing AOE mezz became a huge thing.. and you had to pick the targets carefully.<
>
<
>
<
>
err.. each time I talk about this, I kinda want to play more.... I need to stop <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:27 AM 

resist Llorian! Going down that path can only lead to many hours of time that you thoroughly enjoy but realize later that you wasted! <
>
<
>
When Kunark was released, aoe mez didnt override Gok or Rapture (god, I actually remember this stuff) so if you were dealing with mobs lower then lvl 52, you always kept the old mez up so you could use it in combination with aoe mez.<
>
<
>
Also, I seem to remember a bug that happened around the same time. They were messing around with the way spells worked and what overrode what. I remember having to live with the same situation where ae mez wouldnt override normal mez and it drove me batty. But they changed it back within a few weeks. It made those first runs thru Karnor Castle really tough because we would constantly get bunches of mobs and you couldnt sort them out. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:47 AM 

The changed the AOE resist rate and now it works pretty damn well.. I use AOE mez quite often in the groups i am in. <
>http://www.myspace.com/thewatcher2k<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:32 AM 

I want a new ae mez tho dammit. Cuz WoF only goes to lvl 70. Euphoria to 73.... DoDH (where I spend most of my time) Are so blippin yellow or red to me that I just pretty much lay down and die on multi pulls. And the fucking resists on them! Holy shit! Those lil bastards with the multipul penises hanging from their faces.... I only have time for ohhh 3 mez resists before I got splat! I've taken to root cc here lately. Least root sticks! Altho I can say now that chanters are more wanted again for more than just buff bots. I actually see shamans get declined since they know chanters can slow. <
>
<
>
Anywho, just noticed with one of the Emergency patches you can over ride AE mez again. I'm all happy in the pants. I can park a shit ton again and then lock them down on seperate timers now. Now if I just get an ae mez that can mez up to the same lvl as Euphoria, I'll really have to dig around for a reason to bitch! <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:14 AM 

kayliee, the day you stop finding something to bitch about is the day I hand you the keys to my jeep and say " all urs free and clear" <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:31 AM 

LMAO Harry. But what would your days be like if I didn't have something to bitch about in guild chat??? Be mighty dull no? on the up side .... Ya'll HAVE got to get Echoing madness. New DoDh spell mission spell. OMFG! We can keep a grp of mobs mezzed indeffinately! The mez just keeps refreshing itself. And it over writes Wake of felicity. So you can park them with WoF... cast EoM and sit back and watch the grp pick them off while you do what ever. God I love that spell... So funny going afk in the middle of a big pull and hearing in TS OMFG the chanter's Ninja'd afk! (always wanted to ninja afk) and come back and say oh no worries... I have the auto mez on them! HAHA. <i></i>