All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:53 PM 

Is Sony this desperate? Received this PM earlier today.<
>
Quote:This is an invitation for Just Crusade<
>
<
>
My name is Erasmus -- I am the manager of Guild Relations for Sony Online Entertainment. Our EverQuest II team has been doing some really great things in the world of Norrath, and we are inviting a few select guilds to play and give us some feedback on the improvements that they have made.<
>
<
>
Making EverQuest II the best MMO game in the world has been our passion - and we are constantly tweaking the game to make it better and more fun. In the past, we've received great input from gamers like you on how and where to improve. Now, it's your turn -- we want your guild's feedback and opinions.<
>
<
>
If your guild would like to participate in our focus testing, please let me know. You and your guild mates can drop me an email at @soe.sony.com -- include your email, and the name of your guild. Give me a day or so to process the email, and I'll send you and your guild mates the link to download the client, plus a key that will give you 30 days of free play. Once the 30 days are up, you are welcome to continue playing, at your cost. You and your guild mates are welcome to drop me an email with your comments, insight, and feedback -- we want to hear from you.<
>
<
>
We appreciate your consideration, and hope to see you in EverQuest II in the near future!<
>
<
>
Erasmus<
>
<
>
Manager, Guild Relations<
>
Sony Online Entertainment<
>
@soe.sony.com<
>
http://www.station.sony.com<
>
Our guild is a solid raiding one but is nowhere on the worldwide/US-wide radar, so I presume these PMs are just going out to anyone and everyone. Obviously their objective is not "feedback." <
><
>Myrren, 60 Gnome Mage, , Elune
<i>Edited by: Myrtle Daturtle at: 9/7/06 7:03 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:43 PM 

srsly wtf. Sleeper server<
>
Insanelee - 20 bard<
>
Isshin - 1 druid<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:26 AM 

Our guild, much less accomplished than yours, got one probably 3 months ago. Kuwen Furyblades<
>
Hunter of Memento Reejeryn<i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:37 PM 

Insidious plot seems like the wrong thing to say. In my opinion, it's good solid business. Give them 30 days (at no cost) then if they like it, it's future revenue gained. Some schmoe probably had this idea in one of their "how can we gain some more word of mouth and increase revenues" meetings, and I think he/she probably should get a raise if it works out...<
>
<
>
=D T.<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:21 PM 

Yeah my WoW guild's GM got the same PM earlier this week on our guild forums. We've got BWL down but are still working on the early parts of AQ40. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:07 PM 

Insidious plot? No. Good business practice? Probably.<
>
<
>
Quote:and we are inviting a few select guilds to play<
>
<
>
It may be a sound merketing strategy, but I will never like the pseudo-lies marketing will tell you to get you to spend your money on their products. (Not just Sony, EVERY company, so yes, I'm usually grumpy) <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:26 PM 

My guild got the same but fuck that shit! EQ2 sucks. <i></i>