It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:37 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need Money? Sell Plat
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:39 AM 

If anyone's looking to make money apparently plat selling is now legal in EQ2. Not only do the people who 6-box using macros for 5 of the characters get no consequences, but they also seem to have no problem spamming everyone to sell it with the trial accounts.<
>
<
>
I guess with EQ1 they decided it was only worth it to be strict because it was the only game out, but now that their population in EQ2 isn't as strong due to competition they don't want to lose the accounts from the plat sellers. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:32 PM 

Sony facilitates the selling of everything on the exchange servers.<
>
<
>
If you get random tells from a plat seller on the other server it does not mean it is okay with Sony. <
>
<
>
In the 2 1/2 years that I have been playing EQ2 I have only received 2 tells and they have both been in the last 3 weeks. I reported them both <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:01 PM 

Omy! <
> OGame | Everquest | World of WarCraft | 3DX Productions<
> http://www.myspace.com/thewatcher2k <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:16 PM 

Yah, I got 2 tells also, and also reported them.<
>
<
>
I do think there is some truth to the low population being a strong concern. <i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:14 PM 

"In the 2 1/2 years that I have been playing EQ2"..<
>
<
>
Uhm... barring the possibility of beta[which I am not sure is even THAT old either]... didn't this game come out in Nov of 2004?? Which would be, just slightly less, than 2 yrs ago? <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:22 AM 

Yep, you would be correct. You got me! <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:32 AM 

Quote:In the 2 1/2 years that I have been playing EQ2 I have only received 2 tells and they have both been in the last 3 weeks. I reported them both <
>
<
>
Then consider yourself lucky, and the exception. And actually Sony is allowing them to do it, because there have been tons of fixes they could have implemented to stop it, but they choose not to dedicate the resources to do so. Reporting and petitioning does nothing, because the GMs aren't actually the ones that handle it. They have to forward the petition and reporting to their little 'investigation' team, and only after they conclude there's enough evidence the trial account is then banned. But.. by the time that happens.. the plat seller has already moved onto a new trial account. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:08 AM 

eqiiforums.station.sony.c...8157#M8157<
>
<
>
Quote:One of the top concerns from the community the past several weeks has been in-game advertisements from players attempting to sell in-game coin for real world money. We’ve been working on removing such players from EverQuest II on an individual basis since the phenomenon started, but we wanted to go a step further. After looking into the issue, it turns out that most of these players are on free Trial accounts and can simply create a new account after they are banned. <
>
<
>
We discussed possible solutions and have been working on implementing what we’ve come up with for some time now, and I now have information about what we’ll be doing to resolve the situation. In short, we’re going to apply some simple restrictions to Trial of the Isle accounts. These restrictions will have relatively little impact on legitimate new players but should help curtail all that annoying spam. <
>
<
>
With these restrictions, Trial of the Isle accounts cannot: <
>
<
>
Trade with other players (i.e. they cannot use the Trade Window). <
>
Receive in-game mail from players on their server (note that they can still receive in-game mail cross-server, as such emails can’t have attachments anyway). <
>
Send in-game mail via the Norrathian Express. <
>
Buy or list items on the
oker. Browsing for items is okay. <
>
Join or start guilds. Browsing for guilds is okay. <
>
Speak on global channels such as "Freeport" or level channels. They will still be able to read them. <
>
Send a tell to someone who does not have the Trial member on their Friends list. <
>
Send a tell to someone on another server or different game. <
>
<
>
These changes should reduce most of the gold seller spam you may have seen over the past month or so while impacting Trial players are minimally as possible. You should see this as part of an upcoming Hotfix as soon as everything has been thoroughly tested out. Thank you for your patience while we worked on resolving the issue. Slaad O'Leary - Ogre Bruiser<
>
Durendal Al'Malkier - Barbarian Shadowknight<
>
Daas Shadowborn - Half-Elven Assassin<
>
Mithril Web<
>
EQ2 - Blackburrow Server<i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:33 AM 

That is how the WoW trial accounts work. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:32 PM 

Plat sellers are going to start using /invite to spam in groupchat. It has already begun on my server. <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:56 AM 

So wait, now it's not legal? Plur's post was sarcasm I take it =p<
>
<
>
Guess I had my hopes up too high for MMORPG's being headed in the right direction in regard to people being free to do what they want with their own stuff. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:33 AM 

LOCK THIS THREAD ZOMG IT PROMOTE BAD THINGS. Sleeper server<
>
Insanelee - 20 bard<
>
Isshin - 1 druid<i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:05 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

Quote:
Guess I had my hopes up too high for MMORPG's being headed in the right direction in regard to people being free to do what they want with their own stuff.

That's the thing.. you can do what you want with your EQ2 stuff. No server GMs = impossible to form a case against the botters that supply the plat selling sites. Their "investigation team" is unable to direct enough attention towards botting groups to see where the money goes in the end, because there's just too many servers with this problem. As long as you don't advertise your items or money ingame you're essentially free to do what you want.

Offline Profile